daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM   #101
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Which is what I said ("an entry visa"). You also need to pay a visa to Albania, valued at no less than 10 euros. And panda is complaining that he didn't have to pay full price for admission to the castle.
I'm not complaining but I just signalled a corruption fact.For me it's very good, but for you it shouldn't be, as state budget won't take taxes from that castle.As for the visa, you are the only country in Europe that requests visas for EU citizens, excepting Russia and Belarus.That's a great way to say 'Welcome' to EU tourists.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM   #102
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

AFAIK you also need a visa for Turkey, which you can buy for 10 euros when you enter the country.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM   #103
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
AFAIK you also need a visa for Turkey, which you can buy at the airport for 10 euros.
Only less than 3% of Turkey is in Europe.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM   #104
Timon91
Error

So? It's in Europe and they might join the EU in future, so I consider Turkey as Europe. BY the way, the majority of Russia in Asia.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM   #105
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
I'm not complaining but I just signalled a corruption fact.For me it's very good, but for you it shouldn't be, as state budget won't take taxes from that castle.As for the visa, you are the only country in Europe that requests visas for EU citizens, excepting Russia and Belarus.That's a great way to say 'Welcome' to EU tourists.
And the EU treats citizens of Albania as if they were all criminals and crooks when they apply for a visa, so it's a mutual thing. Most of the tourists to Albania are from neighboring countries anyway, so it's no great loss for them right now. Do you know what it takes for an Albanian citizen to get a visa to Romania, for example?
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM   #106
panda80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
So? It's in Europe and they might join the EU in future, so I consider Turkey as Europe. BY the way, the majority of Russia in Asia.
Maybe you can consider it but not many do so.For example when I went to Netherlands in April, I booked to a camping near Middelburg for 2 nights and gave them my adress.On the receipt confirming the reservation, they wrote at my adress 'Buiten Europa'.And we are in Eu since 2007
So, if we would consider Russia and Turkey not in Europe, only Belarus and Albania require a visa to enter for EU citizens.It's stupid I can go even to South Korea without a visa and Albania requests visa.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:49 PM   #107
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
It's stupid I can go even to South Korea without a visa and Albania requests visa.
But it's not stupid for Romania to require visas for Albanian citizens?
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM   #108
Timon91
Error

Romania=EU and it is indeed stupid that citizens from non-EU countries have such difficulty with getting visa for EU countries.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:07 PM   #109
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Friends, calm down and let this please go back on topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post

I think that Debeli Brijeg is the only HR-MNE border crossing. As far as I know there are no crossings on the Prevlaka peninsula, if I'm right.
There is one! From Montenegro its called "Kobila", from Croatia "Vitaljina". But its a very small border crossing not suitable for any kind of heavy traffic. Even though it definetly is an "international" border crossing at the croatian side it can happen that the police officer after you wake him up sleeping in his container tries to explain that the border crossing is only for local traffic, which is absolutely incorrect .

After crossing Herceg-Novi and Igalo, behind the Europetrol Gas Station turn left towards Njivice, drive a while and there you are at the Montenegro BC. Going a while through no mans land and suddenly you´ll find the croatian containers. Afterwards the road to the village of Vitaljina is very narrow, so passing by someone else can really be a problem. After Vilaljina you go a while until you reach the "Jadranska Magistrala" again before Gruda.

Coming from Croatia after Gruda turn right in direction Vitaljina or "Prevlaka".

Illustration:

- the border line in GE is very bad, the green line should be more correct

Last edited by Christophorus; August 22nd, 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: uploaded GE picture
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM   #110
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpirtkosova View Post
For those of you who are denying the corruption are totally wrong, I have nothing against Montenegrins in general but their police service is much more corrupt than that of Serbia's, Albania's FYROM's, Kosovo's, Croatia's, Bosnia's.... Trust me i've been too all these countries in the recent years.
me too and they are all the same
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 10:35 AM   #111
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Holly View Post
Most neighboring countries don't need to pay 10€ for Albania (from Kosovo you can visit only with ID, just like you can go to MNE only with ID), but I'm not sure if Montenegro has such a policy for cars from neighboring countries.
All cars have to have this yearly vignette (ecological tax)
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM   #112
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
All cars have to have this yearly vignette (ecological tax)
not only cars. for lorries it costs 150€
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #113
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
not only cars. for lorries it costs 150€
That's pretty steep. Do lorries really affect the environment 1500% more than regular cars?
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #114
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19398

No. They use about 4 times more fuel than a petrol car, but when measured by moved tonne, a truck is more fuel efficient than a car.

I think they do that because in transportation, € 150 is nothing, companies will pay that without blinking an eye.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #115
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7688

Something for fellow statistics lovers....

Quote:
TUNEL “SOZINA” I OVE GODINE BILjEŽI ODLIČNE REZULTATE OD NAPLATE PUTARINE
Građevinski radovi već otplaćeni

Kroz tunel “Sozina” u julu ove godine prošlo je 344.078 vozila i ostvaren prihod od naplate naknade - putarine u iznosu od 1.112.541 euro. U poređenju sa julom prošle godine, broj vozila je manji 3,2 odsto i manje je naplaćeno za 5,98 odsto. Ukupno, od januara do jula ove godine, kroz “Sozinu” je prošlo 1.283.259 vozila i naplaćeno 4.493.837,50 eura - za sedam mjeseci. U odnosu na isti uporedni period prošle godine, vozila je manje za 1,48 odsto, a smanjen je i prihod - 5,27 odsto.

Po mjesecima to izgleda ovako: U januaru 132.242 vozila i prihod od 464.282 eura, februaru 119.229 i 453.777 eura, martu 136.717 i 512.548, aprilu 153.414 i 557.103, maju 183.063 i 650.400 i junu 214.516 i 743.185,50 eura.

U januaru prošle godine ostvareni promet kroz tunel je iznosio 125.057 vozila i prihod 463.946 eura, februaru 123.372 i 480.995,50, martu 138.968 i 538.835,50, aprilu 148.487 i 565.558,50, maju 161.101 i 681.325, i junu 232.262 i 831,924 eura.

Prvog avgusta ove godine zabilježen je ovogodišnji rekordni promet od 16.076 vozila, a prošlogodišnji rekord tunela iznosi 16.444 vozila - 20. jula, saopštio nam je Ratko Đurašević iz “Monteputa”.

During the first seven months, ~1,3 million vehicles passed through the Sozina tunnel, longest road tunnel in Montenegro. Total toll collected was ~4,5 million euros. Since it was opened in 2005, almost 30 million euros has been collected in tolls. The 4,2km long tunnel itself cost around ~70 million euros to build (30 million for actual construction + 40 million to equip it) - meaning, it will pretty much pay for itself within 10 years

In 2008, an otherwise record year for the tunnel, close to 2,8 million vehicles passed through.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #116
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Something for fellow statistics lovers....

During the first seven months, ~1,3 million vehicles passed through the Sozina tunnel, longest road tunnel in Montenegro. Total toll collected was ~4,5 million euros. Since it was opened in 2005, almost 30 million euros has been collected in tolls. The 4,2km long tunnel itself cost around ~70 million euros to build (30 million for actual construction + 40 million to equip it) - meaning, it will pretty much pay for itself within 10 years

In 2008, an otherwise record year for the tunnel, close to 2,8 million vehicles passed through.
How much is the current toll for the Sozina tunnel?
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #117
Strajder

Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
How much is the current toll for the Sozina tunnel?
It's 2,5 euros for passenger cars...
Strajder está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:39 AM   #118
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

That's quite cheap for such a tunnel, compared to tolls in other countries. I guess this means we can be optimistic that Montenegro can build those amazing motorways that it needs and also recover the money, since tourism will only increase in the future.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 01:46 AM   #119
Timon91
Error

How long is this tunnel?
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #120
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7688

About 4,2 kilometers. Longest road tunnel in Montenegro, but second longest overall, after Sozina railway tunnel on Belgrade-Bar railway.
CrazySerb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
crna gora