daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #141
Foolish Farmer
Athleta Christi

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by babareebu serb View Post
Why Albanians want to travel to Croatia?
Croatia itself is a good reason to travel to Croatia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babareebu serb View Post
I see all Kosovo Albaners drive throught Serbia to West Europe,of course only who have Serbian passports,by buses or cars.Other with UNMIK-Kosovo passports must travel by plane and need visas for all coutries include Montenegro,Croatia and Macedonia.
Nearly 99% percent of the albanians, which do have a Passport of the Republic of Kosovo and travel to Western Europe, are working in one of the "western" countries (which naturally includes a visum too). So they don't have to mind anything when they travel through HR, MNE and FYROM.

And yes it'r true: With an UNMIK-Passport or an Passport of the Republic of Kosovo you can't go to Serbia! (Maybe if you pay enough for the corrupted policeman). They also always wants money if you're albanian, but even (in my case) with a austrian citizienship, and in you're passport are stamps of albanian, croatian, montenegrinian or macedonian borderpolice, the serbian borderpolice don't lets you to get in Serbia from Kosovo (excluding those who "pay" for this stamps).

There are many reasons (at least for an albanian) to travel through Croatia instead of Serbia.

That is the remain of bratstvo i jedinstvo.
Foolish Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #142
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1591

Quote:
MNE: The Construction of The First Highway

8. oktobar 2009th | 16:12 | Source: Beta

Podgorica - The construction of the first highway through Montenegro will start next week, it was announced by the representatives of the Croatian company "Konstruktor" who has won the tender for the job.

Director of "Konstruktor" for Montenegro Milorad Pustahija announced the official start of construction and added that preparatory work for construction began in the village of Gornje Mrke, north of Podgorica.

According to announcements, the start of construction ceremony should attend Croatian Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor.

Construction machinery these days in the village of Gornje Mrke cut forest, and flat ground to welcome guests who will come to the opening of the works, and in that place, according to plans, would be one of the future rest area on the highway from Bar to the border with Serbia.

Highway will be about 170 kilometers long and will cost about 2.8 billion euros.

The first section will be built from Podgorica to Matesevo, towards Kolasin, and that part of the new road should be finished in four years.

Montenegro will, according to earlier announcements, part of their participation in the financing of the project implement by paying certain contributions to the concessionaire for future use of the highway. Concession for 30 years got Croatian "Konstruktor".

In the construction of the highway through Montenegro, according to announcements, will participate not only Montenegrin and Croatian companies, but also companies and workers from other countries in the region.
this is Google translation (with few corrections) of this news article

Last edited by sallae2; October 9th, 2009 at 01:07 AM.
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #143
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Motorway of course. It would be bad if this was the first highway

(definition of highway: any major public road, can be a normal road to a full motorway)

the word "highway" doesn't exclusively mean "motorway", although a lot of people think that.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM   #144
ChrisZwolle
Road user

This'll be the first section build:
[IMG]http://i37.************/huqdc9.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #145
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7679

Great day for Montenegro

Its a useless statistic, but I guess it needs to be said - Montenegro today is the only ex-YU country without a single kilometer of motorway.

That will now change.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #146
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

will the road follow moraca canyon?Anyway the terrain there is difficult, the current road through the canyon is very spectacular with lots of tunnels.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #147
Podgoricanin
Montenegrin

Likes (Received): 2930

The main purpose of the new road is to bypass the Morača canyon, and will go to the east of the current road. Here is a map, the Podgorica - Mateševo part marked with red lines - this part is first that will be constructed, as elimination of Morača canyon corridor is a priority

Podgoricanin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #148
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stori...8&sectionId=37

The construction of the Bar - Boljare motorway officially started today near with an opening of construction in a village not far from Podgorica. These are only preparation works, real construction will shape up in early 2010. (winter is coming, too).
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:26 AM   #149
babareebu serb

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pause View Post
How can they drive through Serbia if all Kosovo Albanians have KS plates?
It is forbidden come in Serbia with that KS plates,not possible!They drive with foreign plates,or registrated buses in Montenegro.That is now and in the future,the same as on Cyprus.
babareebu serb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:34 AM   #150
babareebu serb

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stori...8&sectionId=37

The construction of the Bar - Boljare motorway officially started today near with an opening of construction in a village not far from Podgorica. These are only preparation works, real construction will shape up in early 2010. (winter is coming, too).
Excellent,with that motorway will be much easier to come from Serbia to Montenegro coast,fast and safety!It*ll be usefully for other people from central Europe(Hungary,Slovakia,Poland,Romania..),too to travel till Montenegro.I hope a rail will be renovating also!
babareebu serb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #151
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Autoput Bar - Boljari

Official start of construction on the plateau north of Podgorica.

[img]http://i34.************/snj587.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i35.************/qryiky.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.************/2mxickn.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.************/105xpb9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i37.************/nmxbbl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i35.************/14j56pv.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i33.************/2laq9w2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i34.************/24nmd0l.jpg[/img]
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #152
panda80

This motorway will be one of the best in Europe after construction due to the amazing landscape.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #153
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
Comparing connection between two capitals west and east, international corridor with connection between Albanian and MNE village make you look even more stupid.
Dude, you're so ******* annoying! Our local roads are wider than that road, if you really wanna know. When that road will be as wide as our H1, talk to me. And who the hell said there shouldn't be a motorway between Ljubljana and Zagreb anyway? It's all either built or U/C. Shkodër is a city of 90,000 people, hardly a village. And even if it was a village, the road's importance is much wider. Ask the Albanian minority, if it's important. Seriously, if Montenegro can find hundreds of millions of euros for a motorway to Serbia, it can also find a few millions to widen this important road. Why did snupix use it to get to Albania, if it's not important? A mere coincidence, isn't it? PS: that guy above me (panda80) has used it too (and also Qtya, a Hungarian forumer). Small world, eh?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #154
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Maybe you can tell that about your local roads to someone who has never been to Slovenia i drove Sloveninaīs highway connecting Bohinj and Skofja Loka there were section even without asphalt! When you pave that road than talk to me.

Your H1 is mere highway YU style magistrala and you have it between Podgorica and Skadar.
And I donīt understand are you stupid or what, or you really donīt understand. That road was built as local road connecting villages, no one has ever planned it to be highway. MNE has bigger and more important priorities in itīs road network, alternative to that road exist.
Lot of hypocrisy coming from someone from Slovenia, you build everything according to yourself and not wider intentional importance. So cut the crap and first look at your backyard.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #155
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Maybe you can tell that about your local roads to someone who has never been to Slovenia i drove Sloveninaīs highway connecting Bohinj and Skofja Loka there were section even without asphalt! When you pave that road than talk to me.
Highway. I don't know that road, but I live in Slovenia and most of our local roads are wider than that road. I don't remember the last time I drove on such a narrow road here. The Ulcinj-Shkodër road is definitely more important than between Bohinj and Škofja Loka (most cars use train anyway). Also, you're comparing a mountain road with a flat road. And I only see asphalt on that road. If the road wasn't paved, I'd definitely agree on paving it, so what's your point anyway? I don't equal Slovenia, FFS, I'm not in charge of paving our roads.

Quote:
Your H1 is mere highway YU style magistrala and you have it between Podgorica and Skadar.
But not between Ulcinj and Sukobin.

Quote:
And I donīt understand are you stupid or what, or you really donīt understand. That road was built as local road connecting villages, no one has ever planned it to be highway.
Times change, dude! Montenegro can widen it any time, what's stopping it from doing so? Those few millions aren't a problem obviously.

Quote:
MNE has bigger and more important priorities in itīs road network, alternative to that road exist.
All the way around through Podgorica, which doesn't even have a bypass.

Quote:
Lot of hypocrisy coming from someone from Slovenia, you build everything according to yourself and not wider intentional importance. So cut the crap and first look at your backyard.
Again, what's your problem? I'm not the Slovenian transport minister. If our part of the Trieste-Rijeka road was as narrow, I'd be embarrassed. I already am, cause it could at least have a smoother pavement, but then I'd really be.

PS: another forumer who used this "local" road. Oh, and you yourself have used this road many times, as you say. Really unimportant, eh?
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #156
panda80

Quote:

And I donīt understand are you stupid or what, or you really donīt understand. That road was built as local road connecting villages, no one has ever planned it to be highway. MNE has bigger and more important priorities in itīs road network, alternative to that road exist.
I've been also on Podgorica-Skadar road and the first 5-6kms in Montenegro the road it's even less wider than the one to Sukobin, so there are no alternatives.It's very hard to find place for 2 cars there.But maybe it's understandable because the border with Albania was closed in the time of Yugoslavia.Montenegro must also invest in widening these 2 roads to Albania, in parallel with the building of the motorway to Serbia.
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #157
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Highway. I don't know that road, but I live in Slovenia and most of our local roads are wider than that road. I don't remember the last time I drove on such a narrow road here. The Ulcinj-Shkodër road is definitely more important than between Bohinj and Škofja Loka (most cars use train anyway). Also, you're comparing a mountain road with a flat road. And I only see asphalt on that road. If the road wasn't paved, I'd definitely agree on paving it, so what's your point anyway? I don't equal Slovenia, FFS, I'm not in charge of paving our roads.

But not between Ulcinj and Sukobin.

Times change, dude! Montenegro can widen it any time, what's stopping it from doing so? Those few millions aren't a problem obviously.

All the way around through Podgorica, which doesn't even have a bypass.

Again, what's your problem? I'm not the Slovenian transport minister. If our part of the Trieste-Rijeka road was as narrow, I'd be embarrassed. I already am, cause it could at least have a smoother pavement, but then I'd really be.

PS: another forumer who used this "local" road. Oh, and you yourself have used this road many times, as you say. Really unimportant, eh?
1. It is highway it is not paved and have those highway distance marks, so you better learn your country. You donīt remember driving on such narrow road, but i do. Here is one more example from Slovenia [IMG]http://i34.************/10n4vw4.jpg[/IMG]

And friend of mine who lives near Skofja Loka told me that he is sorry, because the road was really bad. So he knows it as well.

That road Ulcinj - Skadar is not important and you are forgetting it is not a highway, but local road. Same as if i would tell the road between Trieste and Villach is more important than between Ulcinj and Skadar and i take in consideration only direct local roads that connects those two towns, ignoring alternative routs, same as you do ignoring alternative routs and talking about non-existing connection. One thing if you say it ought to be a highway there, they should build it, because it is non-existing, but not the crap you are pulling that is international highway it should have better standards.

2. You are really annoying not between Ulcinj and Sukobin, because there is no highway off course it was never built it was never planned to be there.

3. Obviously they thin it is not priority, so they donīt want to build highway to Sukobin. they have more important projects. Same as you have zillion more important projects than to connect with Croatia.

4. You are not transport minister, but you surely behave like one or at least his spokesman and you surely always find excuses for not building motorways to Croatia.

5. Yes it is not important and not priority for MNE, maybe you should write to their ministry and complain about it www.gov.me/minsaob
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #158
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
1. It is highway it is not paved and have those highway distance marks, so you better learn your country. You donīt remember driving on such narrow road, but i do. Here is one more example from Slovenia http://i34.************/10n4vw4.jpg
Isn't that the road to Pokljuka? I posted a few pictures of this road earlier on. It's not a major transit route at all. In fact, it is a mountain road with a dead end. Does it really matter if dead end mountain roads like this one are bad? No
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #159
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Isn't that the road to Pokljuka? I posted a few pictures of this road earlier on. It's not a major transit route at all. In fact, it is a mountain road with a dead end. Does it really matter if dead end mountain roads like this one are bad? No
Good that you said that the road to Sukobin until few years ago had a same purpose as the road to Pokljuka, dead end road.
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #160
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Let's leave him alone, he's a lost case. Everyone can see through the link I gave or GE that the Slovenian road he keeps mentioning is fully paved, that Pokljuka is a dead-end (but at least I fully agree it should be repaved!), and on top of that he compares widening of a short road with building hundreds of millions of euros-worth motorways (which I'm not against anyway!). I have no idea what Slovenia has to do with anything in the first place. And I'm not really ranting about this road, I just replied what that guy Markowice10 probably meant, but Mr. Ban.BL is an expert in blowing things out of proportions and answering unasked questions. Not really worth replying to.

Tags
crna gora