daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #1101
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Likes (Received): 1999

how the proposed Ringroad will join at vandalur? one more over bridge near vandalur?
krishnaswamy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 25th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #1102
Murali Bala

Likes (Received): 45

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaswamy View Post
how the proposed Ringroad will join at vandalur? one more over bridge near vandalur?
Vandalur is part of the ORR. As you would beaware Kelambakkam is connnected with Vandalur with 200 ft (or 100ft Rd) road. From Vandalur ORR (400ft) is being built upto Minjur in 2 Phases. Phase 1 is ongoing upto Nemilichery. on NH4. Land acquisation for 2nd phase upto Minjur is ogoing.
Murali Bala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #1103
Vinodh Saigopal
Chennaiite

Likes (Received): 0

How much of Chennai bypass is complete?

Anyone know how much of Chennai bypass road is completed beyond Ambattur?
I saw few vehicles using one side of the road in both directions?
Vinodh Saigopal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #1104
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murali Bala View Post
Vandalur is part of the ORR. As you would beaware Kelambakkam is connnected with Vandalur with 200 ft (or 100ft Rd) road. From Vandalur ORR (400ft) is being built upto Minjur in 2 Phases. Phase 1 is ongoing upto Nemilichery. on NH4. Land acquisation for 2nd phase upto Minjur is ogoing.
Thanks,
my question is how the vehicles towards chengalpattu from Minjur joins in GST road ? is it a flyover across the GST road to reach the other side of the road?
simillarly how the vehicles from Tambaram going to take a right turn to join the ORR route?
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #1105
Murali Bala

They are already building a Flyover in Vandalur next to the Station for this. I have seen some photos in this thread and it is at atleast 70% completed stage. I think this is going to be used for the Industrial grid access road (Tambaram - Walajabad) - (Singapermalkoil-Sriperubathur). Hope this expalains.
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #1106
bhoomi

Do they expand the road to 4 or 6 lane ongoing from ambattur to renigunta ??..anyone have present news about this ??
bhoomi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #1107
ferrari_fan
Forza!

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
They are already building a Flyover in Vandalur next to the Station for this. I have seen some photos in this thread and it is at atleast 70% completed stage. I think this is going to be used for the Industrial grid access road (Tambaram - Walajabad) - (Singapermalkoil-Sriperubathur). Hope this expalains.
That's just to replace the existing level crossing just like the Chromepet and Pallavaram bridges on GST..

I don't think that flyover has anything to do with the ORR..
ferrari_fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1108
Murali Bala

ORR is a connection between NH4 & NH45 and commences in Vandalur-Nazrathpet-phase 1. This is the only way it can cross the track in Vandalur. or a totally new flyover has to be built over the track for ORR. I don't see this happening. (Correct me if I am wrong)
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #1109
Murali Bala

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tation_map.png
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #1110
sugu

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoomi View Post
Do they expand the road to 4 or 6 lane ongoing from ambattur to renigunta ??..anyone have present news about this ??
Till TADA it would be 6 lane,the work is progressing well,L&T is engaged in this project.
sugu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #1111
arun82

Likes (Received): 952

Quote:
ORR is a connection between NH4 & NH45 and commences in Vandalur-Nazrathpet-phase 1. This is the only way it can cross the track in Vandalur. or a totally new flyover has to be built over the track for ORR. I don't see this happening. (Correct me if I am wrong)
Murali you are correct. The ORR starts from vandalur and not from GST. Vehicles which has to take the ORR has to take the Vandalur ROB. They have to proceed on the Vandalur-walajabad road for roughly one KM. There is a divider after vandalur near the vandalur lake . ORR starts from there.

UPDATE:

Earth work till mudichur road has been completed. The bridge over mudichur road is in progress. Road formation in progress near kishkinta.
arun82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1112
Murali Bala

Arun, ORR is a 400ft road. Will the Vandalur ROB be able to take that load of traffic. Is there any connection from Chennai bypass to ORR. I presume ORR will get traffic from SP Koil ROB thru the Oragadam route also.
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #1113
seku

Likes (Received): 1

as per CMDA, it starts from GST (Vandalur).
http://www.cmdachennai.gov.in/outerringroad1.html
seku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #1114
arun82

Likes (Received): 952

Quote:
Arun, ORR is a 400ft road. Will the Vandalur ROB be able to take that load of traffic. Is there any connection from Chennai bypass to ORR. I presume ORR will get traffic from SP Koil ROB thru the Oragadam route also.
The Vandalur -Walajabad is being widen from 2 lane to 4 lane road. Further the ROB is 4 lane on vandalur road similar to chrompet ROB. There is no connection to chennai bypass except this ROB. Currently the Bypass road is too congested and driving is really tough since there are too many trucks taking this road. Further with the closing of the IRR for buses has made the suitation even worse. So if the truck traffic heading out of TN diverted to ORR will give enough volume. Vehicles taking SP koil ROB will find Oragadam, sriperumbadur route easy cos it is a 6 lane road once completed
arun82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #1115
msk_2009

Likes (Received): 58

Back in 2003-04, when the Vandalur ROB was included under SR GC program, ORR was in acquisition stage ( Phase I ). The ORR alignment was different from Vandalur ROB. ORR was aboout 200 m ( approx) away from the LC. If my memory is right there was a BP outlet close to that point on GST road , south of Vandalur Gate.

ORR alignment cut across Walajabad road near Mannivakkam school ( near lake ). I am not sure any changes have taken place between 2002-03 and now.

In 2002, hardly anyone would have imagined about Oragadam becoming the centre of industrial hub. The road from Vandalur to Walajabad was single lane with only 79 service with poor frequency. Subsequently the road was 2 laned and the traffic slowly picked up later.
msk_2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #1116
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Quote:
Hi Murali,
I think that flyover is for Kancheepuram Road right?
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:00 AM   #1117
bhoomi

@ sugu : I am talking about NH205 ..not NH 05
bhoomi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #1118
Murali Bala

Yes Krishnaswamy, It can be called Kancheepuram road, but the 4 laning is done upto Wallajabad as part of the Industrial Corridor project. This joins the the Chengalpet - Kanchipuram highway at that place
Old October 31st, 2010, 03:55 PM   #1119
chennaivaasi

IRR Update
Strengthening Canal near Velachery Bridge

IRR near the beginning of Adambakkam Lake bridge

chennaivaasi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #1120
Murali Bala

Had travelled on the IRR from Vanuvampet junction to Velachery station . The whole road is black topped. Just awaiting the opening of Adambakkam bridge (one side)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: