daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #41
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

The plot on the left. The picture shows the current status of the project of course.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #42
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
How many supertals are in this model? 8 or 9 ?

1. Guangzhou East Tower
2. Guangzhou Guangzhou Television Tower
3. Guangzhou Leatop Plaza
4. Guangzhou Park Hyatt Guangzhou
5. Guangzhou Pearl River Tower
6. Guangzhou The Pinnacle
7. Guangzhou West Tower
8. Guangzhou Zhujiang New City CBD B2-10 Plot Project
---------------------------------------------------------
9. The tower just behind Pearl River Tower (next to East Tower) will be a supertall?

What tower is that? We have a thread for it?

THX
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #43
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

No project, they expect 280-310m~. Same for Park Hyatt, some sources claim it will have 285m only, while the website of the architect says 1000ft/305m.

Old December 11th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #44
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by luci203 View Post
How many supertals are in this model? 8 or 9 ?

1. Guangzhou East Tower
2. Guangzhou Guangzhou Television Tower
3. Guangzhou Leatop Plaza
4. Guangzhou Park Hyatt Guangzhou
5. Guangzhou Pearl River Tower
6. Guangzhou The Pinnacle
7. Guangzhou West Tower
8. Guangzhou Zhujiang New City CBD B2-10 Plot Project
---------------------------------------------------------
9. The tower just behind Pearl River Tower (next to East Tower) will be a supertall?

What tower is that? We have a thread for it?

THX
i think you will find the info in reply #316: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...374269&page=16

Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #45
Chinese Translations
No Limits Translations

Likes (Received): 1

the area'd be great if it weren't so meticulously planned and didn't have so many trees..it lacks natural charisma
Chinese Translations no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #46
luci203

Again this tree hating guy.

This is mathematically the most balanced CBD ever...

Old December 11th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #47
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

great observation. I really like how Chinese CBDs, although planned, are well balanced and have a sence of symmetry.
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #48
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Again this tree hating guy.
I agree with him. Overplanned CBDs have no life. That's why I love Chongqing Jiefangbei and Shanghai Jing'an districts. True urban CBDs.

Trees? For what? You already have trillions of trees in the countryside, a few tens of them in the CBD wont make any effect on pollution or whatever. How many trees do you need to offset one single car? 10? Trees are there only to please greenist pseudoscience and nimby lobbies. And since for obvious reasons China doesn't have to deal with those plagues, overplanned CBDs are simply ridiculous, and it will be a matter of time till they realize that they are a urban mistake. Even Lujiazui, where 90% of the office/hotel space is already open, you have very little street live, only around the metro station-superbrand mall-tv tower you have some life.

It's note like I'm asking for a 0 tree planning. Trees are fine for decoration matters. But as soon as you start reserving entire plots for them, they become a problem.

Old December 11th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #49
roro987
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

wow this city will be more futuric, i like more all the towers of this city
roro987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #50
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

In this case, its trees are mainly in the centre part right? I think if they were filled with buildings, then the general shape of the CBD would be lost
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #51
luci203

Quote:
I agree with him. Overplanned CBDs have no life. That's why I love Chongqing Jiefangbei and Shanghai Jing'an districts. True urban CBDs.

Trees? For what? You already have trillions of trees in the countryside, a few tens of them in the CBD wont make any effect on pollution or whatever. How many trees do you need to offset one single car? 10? Trees are there only to please greenist pseudoscience and nimby lobbies. And since for obvious reasons China doesn't have to deal with those plagues, overplanned CBDs are simply ridiculous, and it will be a matter of time till they realize that they are a urban mistake. Even Lujiazui, where 90% of the office/hotel space is already open, you have very little street live, only around the metro station-superbrand mall-tv tower you have some life.

It's note like I'm asking for a 0 tree planning. Trees are fine for decoration matters. But as soon as you start reserving entire plots for them, they become a problem.
It have nothing to do with CO2, or global warming or other enviromental thing.

Is about that people like trees, flowers, grass, water. It help you relax, is in our genes. It give a more natural feeling, not just a concrete jungle. The reason we have parks in cities is not that 300 trees will help with the CO2 of 300.000 peoples and theyr cars, but it help for the state of mind.

Do you think a sterile concrete plaza would look better than a garden?

image hosted on flickr

In the end, is a mather of taste, I'm not crazy about insane density, where from +80% of all windows you can see only the windows of the building next to you, the only place you can enjoy a view is from floor +60-70.
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #52
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
Is about that people like trees, flowers, grass, water. It help you relax, is in our genes. It give a more natural feeling, not just a concrete jungle. The reason we have parks in cities is not that 300 trees will help with the CO2 of 300.000 peoples and theyr cars, but it help for the state of mind.
Yeah, it sounds so obvious to me, and to the Chinese as well, after all the very Chinese say "a landscape is beautiful as long as there's trees, flowing water and mountains". I don't see how trees "can become a problem". To me it sounds like a phobia, a disease of sorts. Like I don't want to see anything (ostensibly) non-functional around. Anyway I wouldn't underestimate the power even a few trees, and the soil they're planted in ,can have in improving the quality of air. Beside trees, it goes without saying that any city with a wall of buildings instead of ample boulevards will have a lousy quality of air (and life, probably) since air will not be able to circulate.
And speaking of Chongqing: it's a bad, bad example for a city. It's not just the lack of any green space, it's the lack of space, period. How can the geniuses behind that masterplan think people will be able to get to and from all these towers with such preposterously inadequate passageways, it's beyond me. Three years from now they'll be knocking down towers to build larger streets, no doubt about that.
Old December 12th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #53
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

@luci203, those pics are ok, that's reasonable and within the limit. But you know in some CBDs you have to walk a lot because there are huge greenery plots. Makes no sense.

Old December 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #54
Trav-1

Likes (Received): 0

Trav-1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #55
Herzarsen
Herzarsen

Likes (Received): 64

Luci and Zorg, you are both right in your own ways.

I think Zorg's argument is related more to city life then trees them selves. I think having gardens is great, but I think there are 3 parts to the best design of any city block if its cbd or residential area other then just simply architecture design.

1. Transportation
2. Public space (like parks)
3. Services (like restaurants and shops)

The concern that I have as well is that although in Guangzhou CBD we seem to have great architecture, good transportation since it served by Subway, and plenty of Public space with great park land what we are not sure at this point if there will be Service in the towers and in the streets around them. What you dont want to happen is have people come there at 9 AM for work and leave at 5 PM. Then outside of those hours its dead zone. This is inefficient. What you will also get is the shops will cater to working people. So you will have some fast food if anything opens, etc, but they will close at 5 PM. Thats how many american cities have been built but thats not correct. If you walk through them in the evening all you will get is homeless people lying around.

What I always enjoy is people walking on the street. During any hour of the day because there are shops, restaurants, galleries, etc.

Will Guangzhou CBD have all that?
Herzarsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #56
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Greenery is great for design, decoration and atmosphere. But as said by z0rg and others, they put trees in everywhere where it breaks with the architecture and urbanity, and its just to make it all be more co2 friendly, which doesn't help at all. Some greenery here and there in CBD's is alright, but put the larger parks with relaxing atmosphere in the larger residential zones.
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #57
luci203

Quote:
@luci203, those pics are ok, that's reasonable and within the limit. But you know in some CBDs you have to walk a lot because there are huge greenery plots. Makes no sense.
In Guangzhou CBD the green area between buildings is not that big. 20m, max. 40m.

The only big green area is the "Central Park" wich is not a bad idea IMO.

And I prefer that any day than the crowded Dubai Marina Block...

[IMG]http://i49.************/qxrmkn.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 12th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #58
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Great density there What I like the most are "natural" CBDs, not planned ones. Check Shanghai Jing'an or Chongqing Jiefangbei Give me as many cute gardens as you want, that's OK. But certain green cancers violating the urban continuum are a nightmare to me, such as those huge grass tumors they have in the middle of Lujiazui or along Zhujiang Xincheng. In Lujiazui they should develop a cluster of supertalls, in the CBDs of Guangzhou and Shenzhen those green horrors should be covered with ultra cute retail & leisure lowrises. Leave a few ultradesigned gradens if you want like the one around the Roppongi Hills you posted, I love them as much as you do ("civilised nature"). But oceans of grass in the middle of a skyscraper CBD are something like building concrete condos in the middle of a natural park Just my opinion.

Old December 12th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #59
luci203

Quote:
Great density there

But oceans of grass in the middle of a skyscraper CBD are something like building concrete condos in the middle of a natural park Just my opinion.
Gimme more Lujiazui parks and no Dubai Marina density abominations.

In the end, is not what is good or bad, is what everyone personally like or not...

Last edited by luci203; December 12th, 2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old December 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #60
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:

In the end, is not what is good or bad, is what everyone personally like or not...
Yup

Tags
guangzhou, skyscraper