daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #21
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4250

Wow, I am speechless. Amazing photos. Love Boston.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #22
portyhead

Likes (Received): 6

BEAUTIFUL photos. Boston looks great! Hope to visit someday soon.
portyhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #23
-KwK345-
My user title is the bomb

Likes (Received): 2

Amazing pics!!!!
-KwK345- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #24
LAsam
Endless summer

Likes (Received): 13

My favorite city in the US thus far. Boston just has a certain chahrm to it that's really hahrd to shake.
LAsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #25
Mscraper89

Likes (Received): 1

Why do you think this city is so great? Boston won the fight against Repuplicans and their stupid religious ideas! Boston has a bit the same altitude as Amsterdam... you just feel it when you walk there and even when you see these wonderful photos.
Mscraper89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #26
Tymel

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscraper89 View Post
Why do you think this city is so great? Boston won the fight against Repuplicans and their stupid religious ideas! Boston has a bit the same altitude as Amsterdam... you just feel it when you walk there and even when you see these wonderful photos.
Boston really is great. Many people think they have an "attitude problem" but not everyone's going to be as nice as southerners. New Englanders are more reserved but they wont go behind your back and stab you or spread gossip around. Boston is also a very young city and draws thousands of college kids every year. It's also pretty urban for a North American city and they take baseball very seriously. Whats not to love?
Tymel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #27
philadweller

Likes (Received): 16

"Boston really is great. Many people think they have an "attitude problem" but not everyone's going to be as nice as southerners. New Englanders are more reserved but they wont go behind your back and stab you or spread gossip around. Boston is also a very young city and draws thousands of college kids every year. It's also pretty urban for a North American city and they take baseball very seriously. Whats not to love?"

Boston is one of the friendliest cities in the US. Boston is an old city with a young population. My only gripes with Boston are its' frigid location, small size and there are too many college kids. Other than that Boston is a smart, well behaved, established, gorgeous city.
philadweller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #28
Tymel

Likes (Received): 8

I actually love the climate, thats why I am going to Plattsburgh for college. Isn't Boston around the same size of Philly once you include Cambridge and other surrounding very urban towns.
Tymel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #29
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

Impressive thread and a incredible city!
La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Il faut être absolument moderne (Rimbaud)
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #30
philadweller

"I actually love the climate, thats why I am going to Plattsburgh for college. Isn't Boston around the same size of Philly once you include Cambridge and other surrounding very urban towns."

When I moved from Boston to Philly it seemed like I moved to a city that was twice the size of Boston. What do you like about the climate? The cold is painful, it hurts, it is depressing, deadly and unforgiving... you must be a masochist.
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #31
mike7743

Likes (Received): 973

amazing pictures, good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejoaoa View Post
Amazing city. For me it's the most liveable and one of the best cities in America, congrats.

you must be joking, Boston is the third most expensive city in America next to New York and San Francisco (it might be a tie with San Francisco, making it probably the second most expensive city) I lived there for a very long time and trust me it is far from "livable". the average one bed room apartment is about $1200 dollars.

Boston is without a doubt America's most sophisticated city. it has the most intellectuals and the most educated people in the country, not to mention most of the top universities in the world. no other city in America can claim that. it dominates in sports (see: The Boston Celtics (2008 Champions) The Boston Red Sox (2007 Champions) Patriots (well everyone knows about The Patriots). it is by far my favorite city in America. the only thing I hate about it is it's too old. certain parts of Boston are really ugly, the streets are probably the most horrible in any well developed nation around the world. the trains are amazingly old and the fact that the city doesn't care about it is mind boggling. Boston has a third world level of streets and subways for a world class city, which is really sad.
mike7743 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #32
Deanb

Likes (Received): 684

just beautiful! might be the perfect city to experience a real autumn
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:57 AM   #33
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7743 View Post
amazing pictures, good job

you must be joking, Boston is the third most expensive city in America next to New York and San Francisco (it might be a tie with San Francisco, making it probably the second most expensive city) I lived there for a very long time and trust me it is far from "livable". the average one bed room apartment is about $1200 dollars.

Boston is without a doubt America's most sophisticated city. it has the most intellectuals and the most educated people in the country, not to mention most of the top universities in the world. no other city in America can claim that. it dominates in sports (see: The Boston Celtics (2008 Champions) The Boston Red Sox (2007 Champions) Patriots (well everyone knows about The Patriots). it is by far my favorite city in America. the only thing I hate about it is it's too old. certain parts of Boston are really ugly, the streets are probably the most horrible in any well developed nation around the world. the trains are amazingly old and the fact that the city doesn't care about it is mind boggling. Boston has a third world level of streets and subways for a world class city, which is really sad.
Not nearly a ugly as as Cali's cities.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #34
krull
In Time

Likes (Received): 58

One of my favorites. I will be in Boston next month!
krull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #35
Max BGF
Alphaist

Likes (Received): 15078

Amazing town and pics. How is Boston´s economic situation?
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #36
philadweller

"Boston is without a doubt America's most sophisticated city. it has the most intellectuals and the most educated people in the country, not to mention most of the top universities in the world."

I would say that NYC is America's most sophisticated city (not every part but in terms of volume). Boston may the be the best gentrified but they borrow plenty of ideas from Manhattan. Have you been to Southie?...or Revere?...or Lynn? C'mon.
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #37
Alibaba

Likes (Received): 6

Beautiful collection.... I am really enjoying it

thank you very much !

in my observation there are plenty of reddish/brown brick buildings in Boston - they may have had large clay quarries there?
Old September 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #38
Bubbybu

Likes (Received): 0

great photos for what is a dark and sad day today in Boston....
Bubbybu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #39
Audiomuse
Civilization

Likes (Received): 42

What are you talking about??!!?

I hope you're not talking about Tom Brady being injured lol
Old September 9th, 2008, 04:20 AM   #40
Bubbybu

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomuse View Post