daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Cultural and Sporting Venues

Cultural and Sporting Venues From Football Stadiums to Opera Houses.

Old January 13th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #3121
Camvoyeur

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewewolf View Post
Hi Camvoyeur, thanks for that. It would seem that if they can work at the speed they did at the start of the Stan Cullis development and get the South Bnak back in service quickly, albeit without the roof initially, the disruption caused by the Steve Bull development could be much reduced.
I don't think they know how to develop the Southbank yet i.e 1 or 2 tiers and who knows safe standing might come into the mix at some point in the future and that would be the perfect stand for it
Camvoyeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #3122
nod

anybody got pics? havent been a few for a while :P

ORDER A SIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT!
GET 250 MINS, UNLIMITED TEXTS AND UNLIMITED INTERNET FOR £10 A MONTH! NO CONTRACT
EARN MONEY WITH GIFFGAFF BY HELPING THE COMMUNITY
nod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #3123
Glastowolf

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camvoyeur View Post
Agreed! I think we take for granted (although we have to pay the price) the facilities on offer in this day and age compared with the pre Sir Jack days..................
All valid points, i was a st holder on old south bank terrace and toilet facilities were rank. I was also a st holder in Steve bull upper and half time was a choice between toilet or refreshments, no time for both. I was hoping the new NB would be a quick in and out toilet visit allowing time to buy a bovril and have a chat, but no, I now have a ST in there and the toilets are pathetically small, with only room for 7 people to pee at a time at the NL1 end. This was a chance for wolves to put things right thereby increasing refreshments revenue with our newly found spare 5 mins at half time. Its a massive stand with a lot of apparent unused space, so i am therefore very disapointed.
Glastowolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #3124
Glastowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanswolves View Post
Stan Cullis 1 is great the black seats and gold letters and wolves heads just does not look right (colour wise, not your work)
I have to agree. I was advocating black seats in preference to gold a few pages back, now I've seen this image I've changed my mind, the future is orange! (why have they never sponsored us?)

Last edited by Glastowolf; January 14th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #3125
sansofe wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastowolf

I have to agree. I was advocating black seats in pretty to gold a few pages back, now I've seen this image I've changed my mind, glue future is orange! (why have they never sponsored us?)
Ha ha
sansofe wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #3126
Camvoyeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastowolf View Post
All valid points, i was a st holder on old south bank terrace and toilet facilities were rank. I was also a st holder in Steve bull upper and half time was a choice between toilet or refreshments, no time for both. I was hoping the new NB would be a quick in and out toilet visit allowing time to buy a bovril and have a chat, but no, I now have a ST in there and the toilets are pathetically small, with only room for 7 people to pee at a time at the NL1 end. This was a chance for wolves to put things right thereby increasing refreshments revenue with our newly found spare 5 mins at half time. Its a massive stand with a lot of apparent unused space, so i am therefore very disapointed.
As the new 'Northbank' bar is going to be on the ground floor will there be access to it at half time and will there be extra toilets built when that is done?

Last edited by Camvoyeur; January 13th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #3127
Glastowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosejuice View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else feeling a little uneasy in regards to the possibility that Phase 2 may not go ahead in the summer.

Here's 5 reasons why I think it should go ahead.

1. It will take TWO years to complete.

2. The Steve Bull stand is the oldest stand at Molineux and IMO has the worst facilities of all four stands, and also has the poorest access in and out.
Also I think I'm right in saying that the office space in the Stand that was rented out is no longer generating an income as the tennants had been asked to move out.

3. If we go down this season we will no doubt see reduced attendances. When the Steve Bull stand is redeveloped our capacity will be down to about 23,000, so it would still make good sense to begin the redevelopment now, no matter if we stop up or go down.

4. One of the best times to build is in a recession, material prices are cheaper, and there is an abundance of labour.

5. When the stand is complete, the additional facilities that are going to be incorporated into it will start generating an income for the club outside of match days.

What does everyone else think?
Crowds will stay high in championship once we start winning matches, but we won't go down! Another reason to build SB straight away is the rough cut away section nearest the NB. Also take a look at how the SB end of the NB has been left open, unlike the BW end which is shielded, suggesting they will continue round sooner rather than later.
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #3128
Glastowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camvoyeur View Post
As the new 'Northbank' bar is going to be on the ground floor will there be access to it at half time and will there be extra toilets built when that is done?
I really hope so. I can't visualise exactly where this new NB bar will actually go yet, but I do hope it's like the terrace bar we used to enjoy at half time in the old stand. It has been quoted that it will be season tickets only, but we won't all fit in !
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3129
bifdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glastowolf View Post
I really hope so. I can't visualise exactly where this new NB bar will actually go yet, but I do hope it's like the terrace bar we used to enjoy at half time in the old stand. It has been quoted that it will be season tickets only, but we won't all fit in !
im a NB STH, and as far as i can tell there is no room on the ground floor for the bar. which got me thinking about the empty space above the concessions area which over looks the concourse, the mezzanine level if you will - i dont know if it spans the entire width of the stand but there is a large space overlooking NL1 & NL2, with some boarded up areas beneath it where you could certainly fit a stairwell. an access could also be made to it from the upper tier too making it even more practical!

also wanted to give my opinions about the practicality of the lower concourse;

as has already been pointed out, when the stand is finished there will be around 1000 fewer fans with access to under the stand and nowhere near as many people seeking refuge from the rain at HT, im sure it will be fine, and if my theory about the bar is correct then another 200 - 300 punters will head there at HT, albeit from both tiers.

as for the view, mine is fine, actually its exceptional considering its as close to the BW as you can get. i was feaful it would be terrible, but its not. there seems to be an aire of negativity amongst online wolves fans at the moment - i just think online wolves fans are gutless whingers is all, most seem delighted with the opportunity to complain.

the build will be good and wolves are gonna struggle, thats the reality. if morgan delays phase 2 it will be for good reason - i dont think he will though.

with regards to the 'disabled pens', its very hard to tell. i have a theory as to why they are different sizes though - the one nearest the BW is longer than than the other as it blocks off what would be restricted view seats in the corner, you cant sell those, so perhaps they are something to do with the roof supports and they will be removed! just a theory, not saying im right.
bifdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #3130
BoldTeddy

Likes (Received): 31

I thought that mazzanine level would have been perfect for the bar, but reading Jez's statment he definetly says ground floor. I'm guessing the North Bank bar will be quite small in that case. It looks like that mezzanine level is going to be the museum.

Although the fact that they only just announced the fans bar makes me think it is a late addition and the club have been listening to fans complaints regarding the bar.

Don't think fans in the upper tier will be able to use this bar as they will probably want to keep the two tiers separate. Maybe the upper tier will get it's own smaller version.

Last edited by BoldTeddy; January 14th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
BoldTeddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3131
SW London Wolf

"i just think online wolves fans are gutless whingers is all"

You're online.
And you're a Wolves fan.
Are you including yourself in your generalised, stereotypical, ill-thought and insulting post?
I'm online and I'm a Wolves fan. How dare you. Do you know me? Have a look back through ALL my posts and tell me, specifically, where I have whinged. About anything.

Muppet.
SW London Wolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #3132
BoldTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW London Wolf View Post
You're online.
And you're a Wolves fan.
Are you including yourself in your generalised, stereotypical, ill-thought and insulting post?
I'm online and I'm a Wolves fan. How dare you. Do you know me? Have a look back through ALL my posts and tell me, specifically, where I have whinged. About anything.

Muppet.
We're all positive online Wolves fans here.
I must admit generally I find there is a large minority that fit bifdy's description, but I think it's the same at all clubs.
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #3133
noddy1976
mmmm smoky bacon

Likes (Received): 4

I kind of agree with bifdy comments, most wolves fans forums are full of moaners and wingers especially the bullshit and star ones, however the fans on this forum are completely opposite and any negativity regarding anything about our club Is discussed properly rather than mm out and moxey out.
noddy1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3134
WolfAutomation

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy1976 View Post
I kind of agree with bifdy comments, most wolves fans forums are full of moaners and wingers especially the bullshit and star ones, however the fans on this forum are completely opposite and any negativity regarding anything about our club Is discussed properly rather than mm out and moxey out.
+1
WolfAutomation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #3135
Camvoyeur

If I go on that molineuxmix site I come off wanting to cut my throat sometimes! There are some sensible posters on there but loads more doom and gloom merchants! I'd rather be on here where there is more respect for poster's opinions than on a forum full of wannabe alfa males high on testosterone.

Last edited by Camvoyeur; January 14th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3136
bifdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW London Wolf View Post
"i just think online wolves fans are gutless whingers is all"

You're online.
And you're a Wolves fan.

Muppet.
Not me, not you (although you seem to have taken it to heart).

have you read the constant whining on Wolves sites? those whom it was directed at know who they are. the rest of ya need to chill.
bifdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #3137
noddy1976
mmmm smoky bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifdy View Post
Not me, not you (although you seem to have taken it to heart).

have you read the constant whining on Wolves sites? those whom it was directed at know who they are. the rest of ya need to chill.
Molineuxmix and the wolf forum and, like i said earlier anything that the e+s have written all seem to have a real negative vibe and seem to want wolves to fail at everything the club do or dont do. I enjoy this forum as although its mainly a construction forum, peoples opinion's are respected as just that and sensible debates occur.
Old January 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #3138
BoldTeddy

Quite expensive.

http://www.corporatewolves.co.uk/

Quote:
WV1
Coming soon

WV1
Scheduled to be ready in time for the start of the 2012 / 2013 season, the £14m re-development of the Stan Cullis Stand holds the new 500 person room – called ‘WV1’.

This facility will naturally split into a stylish gastro bar facility ‘WV1 Bar’ and a separate dining experience ‘WV1 Restaurant.’

The large, modern main reception and the ascent to the second floor is totally glass fronted, offering panoramic views of the North of the city.

Guests that choose WV1 will enjoy fine hospitality in a modern venue, with wooden floors and exposed brick work – a traditional loft style setting.

Whether match day guests purchase ‘WV1 Bar’ or ‘WV1 Restaurant’ they will enjoy fantastic pitch views and easy access, through glass sliding doors, into prime, centrally located, padded seats within the Stand.

WV1 Restaurant
WV1 Restaurant offers exquisite 3 course dining from an ever evolving menu offering ingredients sourced from local producers. Guests are greeted by the Restaurant’s maitre’d and taken to their table that is reserved for the season.

The seasonal package includes:
- Three course meal
- Luxury behind-goal seating
- Half time refreshments
Plus use of a cash bar, car parking, programmes, entry to all home league matches plus the first two Cup games played at Molineux and a complimentary ticket to the 2012/13 End of Season Dinner.

The Priority Purchase rate is £2,215 plus VAT per person for the season. This price is only available until 30th March 2012.

WV1 Bar
WV1 Bar will have the feel of a stylish, City Centre venue, with guests being able to enjoy a relaxed, friendly and comfortable environment. They will be able to select from a quality bar menu and specials’ board offering platters to steaks.

This seasonal package includes:
- Use of the cash bar facility in WV1 Bar
- Opportunity to purchase food on the day of the game
- Central seats located behind the goal
- Half time drink
Plus car parking, programmes, entry to all home league matches plus the first Cup games played at Molineux and a complimentary ticket to the 2012/13 End of Season Dinner.

The Priority Purchase rate is £1,645 plus VAT per person for the season. This price is only available until 30th March 2012.
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #3139
noddy1976
mmmm smoky bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldTeddy View Post
unless my lotto numbers come up looks like i'll be slumming it in the NOT padded seat section................. i dont like prawn sarnies anyway !
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #3140
gouldy

Likes (Received): 33

£1,645 for: "Opportunity to purchase food on the day of the game" .... Mother of God.
gouldy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolverhampton