daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Cultural and Sporting Venues

Cultural and Sporting Venues From Football Stadiums to Opera Houses.

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:57 PM   #5181
gouldy

Likes (Received): 35

In Football, as in life, the low times give perspective to the high times... it's just a shame that Wolves fans seem to get rather a lot of perspective

If we'd have scored just a 10th of our chances today, we'd have won 6-3, and that's not even an exageration. It's testiment to how limp we seem to be in front of goal, that we lost that game. Very frustrating... which leads me onto my next point - I hope the final seats are stronger than the temporary ones, cus I practically breathed on the chair in front of me and it smashed everywhere... quite embarrassing

anyway, grabbed some snaps, including the new tv camera mount position thingy-ma-jig. And some new insulation material on the ceiling in the concourse.

Looking forward to the Championship now and feeling pretty good about it. Ship out some of our 'best' (lol) players and get the kids in! I reckon we'll finish mid table Championship next year, then mount a push the year after as the new team starts to gel, but just miss out 3rd/4th/5th; then rape it the season after! Looking forward to it! Come on me babbies!!
gouldy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 31st, 2012, 09:12 PM   #5182
Messi98500

Likes (Received): 22

Thanks for pics guys

Good for first 60 minutes should have been 3-0 up. Davies dives we collapse and clipboard does nothing to change it.

Thanks mick 3 years struggling in prem 42m spent and our squad is awful.

Hope in the summer we clear out all the deadwood from top to bottom, moxey, clipboard Connor, Daley, pat mount field all the scouts. I hope we sell Edwards ward hunt stearman berra Henry elokobi Johnson jonsson.

Rip prem 2009-2012
Messi98500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM   #5183
HeavyCake

Likes (Received): 0

Great photo's as always Gouldy. Much appreciated!

Just wondering whether the orange/yellow piece placed above the turnstiles is anything or am i making something of nothing...? Could it be something that will be placed at the top of the plant deck?

Last edited by HeavyCake; March 31st, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
HeavyCake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:09 PM   #5184
gouldy

Oh, something else I forgot to mention;

Someone mentioned on the last page about it being odd that we'd opted for building fully brick walls rather than going for the prebuilt brick panel method. It turns out that all the black brickwork along the front IS premade panel work. I attempted to take a photo to show it, but only noticed just as we were going into the stand and it was my turn to go through the turnstile. But yeah, it seems what we have is a mixture of off-site and on-site brickwork.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:39 PM   #5185
HeavyCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy View Post
Oh, something else I forgot to mention;

Someone mentioned on the last page about it being odd that we'd opted for building fully brick walls rather than going for the prebuilt brick panel method. It turns out that all the black brickwork along the front IS premade panel work. I attempted to take a photo to show it, but only noticed just as we were going into the stand and it was my turn to go through the turnstile. But yeah, it seems what we have is a mixture of off-site and on-site brickwork.
I was pretty surprised how quick they got the brickwork done on the SB side. That would explain it. Obviously the fact they had to do the brickwork on the side by hand through us all.
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:05 AM   #5186
XanderJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCake View Post
I was pretty surprised how quick they got the brickwork done on the SB side. That would explain it. Obviously the fact they had to do the brickwork on the side by hand through us all.
Presumably that was done because the SB side of the stand isn't actually permanent and will be removed once (if!) they begin the next phase of the project.
XanderJay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:13 AM   #5187
Moosejuice

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi98500 View Post
Hope in the summer we clear out all the deadwood from top to bottom, moxey, clipboard Connor, Daley, pat mount field all the scouts. I hope we sell Edwards ward hunt stearman berra Henry elokobi Johnson jonsson.
Totally agree all of the above need to go. Clean the decks and start again, Championship here we come. I just hope we learn some valuable lessons from this fiasco of a season, the end can't come quick enough for me.
Today was the day we were relegated.

Thanks for all the pictures guys.
Moosejuice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM   #5188
Glastowolf

Likes (Received): 1

I'd keep ward. I also think stearman was our best player first half, so might give him a second chance. Never liked Henry, but also have to admit we have shipped shed loads of goals when he's been out of the team, which might not be mere coincidence.
Glastowolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM   #5189
HeavyCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderJay View Post
Presumably that was done because the SB side of the stand isn't actually permanent and will be removed once (if!) they begin the next phase of the project.
I was talking about the front nearest the SB and not the actual side.

Since you mentioned the side does anyone know if the ambulance access will be made to finish because then they will only have to knock down part of the brickwork when they get around to phase 2?
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:06 PM   #5190
Camvoyeur

Quote:
I was talking about the front nearest the SB and not the actual side.

Since you mentioned the side does anyone know if the ambulance access will be made to finish because then they will only have to knock down part of the brickwork when they get around to phase 2?
What ambulance access? There is enough room either side of the stand to get a train through! The ambulance access will only be incorporated when the corner is finished and it can't be built until phase 2 is started ( which I doubt will ever happen under these numpties now)!
Camvoyeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:37 PM   #5191
HeavyCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camvoyeur View Post
What ambulance access? There is enough room either side of the stand to get a train through! The ambulance access will only be incorporated when the corner is finished and it can't be built until phase 2 is started ( which I doubt will ever happen under these numpties now)!
I know that it won't be made into a tunnel until phase 2 is done but i was just wondering whether they will build the walls to the height of the tunnel to final finish along the SC side without needing to knock the whole part of the side down to then have to rebuild the tunnel wall again when they start phase 2.
The brickwork from the top of the tunnel upwards will then be the only part needing to be knocked down and then joined to the SB (phase 2).

Last edited by HeavyCake; April 1st, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:51 PM   #5192
BoldTeddy

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
I know that it won't be made into a tunnel until phase 2 is done but i was just wondering whether they will build the walls to the height of the tunnel to final finish along the SC side without needing to knock the whole part of the side down to then have to rebuild the tunnel wall again when they start phase 2.
The brickwork from the top of the tunnel upwards will then be the only part needing to be knocked down and then joined to the SB (phase 2).

BoldTeddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 09:54 PM   #5193
HeavyCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldTeddy View Post
Thanks BoldTeddy.
Is that part of the brickwork to final finish or will that all be knocked down when phase to gets the go ahead?
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:09 PM   #5194
BoldTeddy

Quote:
Thanks BoldTeddy.
Is that part of the brickwork to final finish or will that all be knocked down when phase to gets the go ahead?
It's only the inside of the tunnel so I think it would be a waste of money to change it, but I've really no idea. It's quite a nice finish really. Similar to the SJH Stands.
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:20 PM   #5195
HeavyCake

Quote:
It's only the inside of the tunnel so I think it would be a waste of money to change it, but I've really no idea. It's quite a nice finish really. Similar to the SJH Stands.
Yep that was what i was thinking. To much time and effort to have to then knock it down just to rebuild it. As you said i does look pretty nice and considering it's only the internal tunnel wall i doubt they will go to anymore effort.
I've seen on some other photo's that they have also added doorways so i presume that it is the final finish to that side of the tunnel.
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:25 PM   #5196
BoldTeddy

Quote:
Yep that was what i was thinking. To much time and effort to have to then knock it down just to rebuild it. As you said i does look pretty nice and considering it's only the internal tunnel wall i doubt they will go to anymore effort.
I've seen on some other photo's that they have also added doorways so i presume that it is the final finish to that side of the tunnel.
I think those doors are so the groundsmen can get their mower out.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:41 AM   #5197
HeavyCake

Quote:
I think those doors are so the groundsmen can get their mower out.
To me that photo shows that the wall is final finish and not temporary then. As for the walls above, god only knows
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM   #5198
gouldy

A heck of a lot of people working in the upper tier today. I'd guess they'll be fixing the rails onto the brackets...? Seeing as we saw that all of the brackets have already been fitted.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:07 PM   #5199
Camvoyeur

Quote:
Sorry HeavyCake! I didn't understand what you were refering to.
Camvoyeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:28 PM   #5200
HeavyCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camvoyeur View Post
Sorry HeavyCake! I didn't understand what you were refering to.
No worries buddy. I was finding it hard to explain to be honest

Tags
wolverhampton