daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Czech Forum

Czech Forum České fórum

View Poll Results: Where do you live?
Praha 29 13.68%
Brno 20 9.43%
Ostrava 6 2.83%
Plzeň 3 1.42%
Olomouc 5 2.36%
Liberec 5 2.36%
Hradec Králové 0 0%
České Budějovice 1 0.47%
Ústí nad Labem 1 0.47%
Pardubice 0 0%
Zlín 1 0.47%
Jihlava 2 0.94%
Jiný region 7 3.30%
I don't live in the Czech Republic 132 62.26%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old May 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM   #21
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

^ Liberec is at least natural capital of it's region, but Karlovy Vary region should be merged with Pilsen region. Liberec region is now second smallest region in Czech Rep (after Karlovy Vary region...) so it could be merged with Hradec Králové region easily.
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Norkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit View Post
^ Liberec is at least natural capital of it's region, but Karlovy Vary region should be merged with Pilsen region. Liberec region is now second smallest region in Czech Rep (after Karlovy Vary region...) so it could be merged with Hradec Králové region easily.
I see you are talking about things you don't understand, because you haven't experienced it in Praha. You think the inhabitants of Lípa will go to Hradec for some bumf? Maybe we should dismiss Prague region and merge it with Highlands? Great idea..
Norkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #23
kokpit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norkey View Post
You think the inhabitants of Lípa will go to Hradec for some bumf?
And why not? BTW it's quite rare if inhabitants of Lípa go to Liberec for something... but if inhabitants of let say Osoblaha must go to Ostrava, inhabitants of Lípa can go to Hradec for sure.
What I'm talking about we have very different regions in terms of population. The biggest region - Ostrava - has 4 times more inhabitants than the smallest one - Karlovy Vary and 3 times than Liberec region and that's not very useful.
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:05 AM   #24
ov_79

Likes (Received): 25

kokpit:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you strongly.

If you divide Czech republic into regions, even if it is just in "Where are you from" question on SSC, you should follow some logic way. If you do not like recent administrative division, you can follow another one (former administrative one from 1960-1992, touristic division...). This really looks like the Czech republic is a country of XYZ regions minus Karlovy Vary (traded to Germany, probably ).

Btw. Osoblaha has extremely inconvenient position in the country and it is true that a travel to Ostrava by public transport may be almost a whole day journey. But Ostrava is a logical choice. There is no big center closer and I do not think creating Krnov region extra because of Osoblaha is a good idea . Recent division follows 1949-1960 division which I find the most logical among all possibilities. It creates 14 sensefull "attraction zones" (heh, "spádová oblast" podle slovníku na seznamu...). Karlovy Vary attraction zone is obviously smaller than Plzen one in proportion, but it is worth to exist. Last but not least, Karlovy Vary attraction zone is more reasonable than Jihlava one IMO.

Norkey:

In matter of population you are the second smallest just after Karlovy Vary, but in matter of size you are even smaller - smallest just after Praha-city region.

I know, it is confusing because Liberec region is created out of 4 former districts, while Karlovy Vary only out of 3. But due the fact Jablonec and Semily were very small, KV is larger than LB.

Last edited by ov_79; May 7th, 2008 at 09:22 AM.
ov_79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #25
Norkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ov_79 View Post
In matter of population you are the second smallest just after Karlovy Vary, but in matter of size you are even smaller - smallest just after Praha-city region.

I know, it is confusing because Liberec region is created out of 4 former districts, while Karlovy Vary only out of 3. But due the fact Jablonec and Semily were very small, KV is larger than LB.
ok, I was speaking about Prague but I changed it with KV.. you know

However Liberec district in past contained 2 more districts - Liberec-North, Liberec-South and Liberec-City. We were mightier in the past than we are now Between 49-60, Liberecký Kraj consisted also of Rumburk (whole Šluknovský výběžek), Mnichovo Hradiště and Jilemnice districts and had two times larger area than now..
Norkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #26
historyworks
Perpetual Bohemian

Likes (Received): 76

Poll results - finally today the Czechs outnumber the barbarians 10 to 9!
Old May 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM   #27
lukasHa

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyworks View Post
but for how long ? we must do some advertising for our new forum
lukasHa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #28
vlker
VUT Brno in SSC

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
we must do some advertising for our new forum
Yeah...I will make some enlightement in our school about this great forum Many civil engineers could find here some inspiration
vlker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #29
Kappa21

Likes (Received): 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyworks View Post
Im not a Barbarian...
im a free man!
Kappa21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #30
FIDEL CASTRO
BANNED

Only 11 out of 14 are Czech. Just look at the poll.
FIDEL CASTRO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #31
kokpit
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ov_79 View Post
kokpit:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you strongly.

If you divide Czech republic into regions, even if it is just in "Where are you from" question on SSC, you should follow some logic way. If you do not like recent administrative division, you can follow another one (former administrative one from 1960-1992, touristic division...). This really looks like the Czech republic is a country of XYZ regions minus Karlovy Vary (traded to Germany, probably ).
That's my logic, Karlovy Vary region is too small to be mentioned here. It's population is less than 3% of Czech Rep population so I insist it should be merged with some neighbouring region.

Quote:
Btw. Osoblaha has extremely inconvenient position in the country and it is true that a travel to Ostrava by public transport may be almost a whole day journey. But Ostrava is a logical choice. There is no big center closer and I do not think creating Krnov region extra because of Osoblaha is a good idea . Recent division follows 1949-1960 division which I find the most logical among all possibilities. It creates 14 sensefull "attraction zones" (heh, "spádová oblast" podle slovníku na seznamu...). Karlovy Vary attraction zone is obviously smaller than Plzen one in proportion, but it is worth to exist. Last but not least, Karlovy Vary attraction zone is more reasonable than Jihlava one IMO.
Regional division is not about attractions, it's about and for people. Vysočina - Jihlava region is small but still nearly twice as big as Karlovy Vary region.
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #32
Ketax

Česká Lípa, Liberec region (at the moment )
Ketax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #33
ov_79

kokpit:

So everyone can choose his/her region, ok.

For people from Karlovy Vary region, which misses, there is the "Jiný region" (Other region) . God bless such logic, kokpit.

Why there is "Jiný region" then??? I didn't get it still. Someone who lives in Pardubický region doesn't feel himself comfortably there, so he choose "Other"? Is this the reason?

What do you expect from Karlovy Vary residents to choose? Plzeňský??? They will "love" it, I am sure as there is no bloody rivalry between KV and PM at all . So they are the "Other" am I right?

Kurňa Kokpite, držíš tohle fórum nad vodou, spolupodílíš se na jeho kvalitě, vše bez ironie, a pak plácneš do placu s takovouhle kravinou. To sie w glowie nie miesci jak by řekli naši milí severní sousedi .
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #34
kokpit
BANNED

Uznávám že Karlovy Vary tam mohly být, pak je ale ještě problém se Středočeským krajem. Tím že jsem tam dal krajská města a ne kraje, tak by se někdo z maloměsta mohl cítit dotčen, proto je tam i jiný region, v podstatě ho může zaškrtnout kdokoliv, kdo nebydlí ve vyjmenovaných městech. Jinak pro případné Karlovaráky je v prvním postu doporučený postup. Časem se to může ještě změnit resp. založit nový poll, až nás tady bude víc, teď bych to tak neřešil...
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #35
jazapp

Likes (Received): 1

Born in Vysocina, living in Prague now.
jazapp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #36
Bobek_Azbest
Blah blah blah

Likes (Received): 18

Well, after considerable time lurking around, I finally registered yesterday (didn't go very smoothly, though). So to all of you!

For the topic: this is not an easy question. I'm from Prague, but I'll choose Pilsen since nowadays I spend here like 4 days a week. And nobody else has chosen it so far
Bobek_Azbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #37
kokpit
BANNED

^ welcome
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #38
Treve

I live in Prague for already about 3 years, but have been regularly in the Czech Republic since 1991. I come from Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Treve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #39
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 2888

I live in the Netherlands, but have been to the Czech rep. twice, the last time was about 5 years ago though. I really loved the country, it was quite developed, even before the accession to the EU. I hope to visit again soon.

my clinched highways • highway pictures @ Flickr and Youtube
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #40
ov_79

Treve, Chriszwolle:

Met vrendlijke groeten... Welcome and do not hesitate to share with your issues on czech architecture, urbanism and infrastructure .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: