daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 9th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #81
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

These Towers are Mind-Blowing. WOW awesome stuff
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #82
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor650 View Post
when are they scheduled for completion and also are they going to develope all the different models or will they choose which one they want??

They are all proposed collectively for Maritime City (sort of between palm deira, the world islands an SZR, near port rashid on the coastline).

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:52 AM   #83
storms991
Leicester:NY:London

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
wtf , what do u mean these towers are a load of utter rubbish ???
What else can I possibly mean, everything is before your eyes.
storms991 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #84
LoverOfDubai

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
They are all proposed collectively for Maritime City (sort of between palm deira, the world islands an SZR, near port rashid on the coastline).
Actually the location has yet to be disclosed to the public. You are probably thinking of a recent announcement of another project by Smith + Gill that is located in Dubai Maritime City: it is called Verde Resdiences and Offices (which rise 43 and 33 floors respectively). That is a completely separate project and is not associated with EP/AC Towers.

By the way, I am not sure if it was mentioned by EP stands for East Park and AC stands for Atrium City. ('Dubai gives the necessary freedom designers need' - inverview with Adrian Smith also includes a few details about AP/EC towers)
LoverOfDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #85
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Ok, i didnt read the article helghast provided properly . Hm... leaves me wondering again.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #86
eyrie
2cloudsabove9

Likes (Received): 6

when do we expect to see cars flying in the sky between these towers?this is all looking very futuristic and I wanna live there
eyrie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:45 AM   #87
rj2uman
Maker of Lumpia

Likes (Received): 7

I will concur. WOW!!!! I am glad to have this thread host my 500th post BTW. Go Dubai and go me!
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #88
Alexriga
BANNED

Likes (Received): 166

Well if this also will be built than Dubai for sure will remain great place for tourists even after oil ends. So much amazing structures for Dubai, it will be Mecca for modern architecture fans
Alexriga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #89
Spandex

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexriga View Post
Well if this also will be built than Dubai for sure will remain great place for tourists even after oil ends. So much amazing structures for Dubai, it will be Mecca for modern architecture fans
so you are somehow saying that today (prior to oil ends) all tourism is due to oil??? hmmm??
What is peoples obsession with dubai's oil? when being less then 10% of its income???
It is like saying that the only thing that makes Iceland attractive is its fish, and when the fish is finished no one will go there anymore, unless they build some cool things

on topic again, I thought for a long time that these towers were only some thing to beautyfy the renders for the burj, but now seing them rise it makes me all tingilingy in my stomach, beautiful design and wery elegant, the speed of construction is exacly what I like about dubai, no labour-force bullshit, its finally like it used to be (egypt-greece-rome etc) just the sheer power of humanity blossoming in an emporic glory. Go dubai!! and lets hope it is like the great shake says "what you see now is only 10% of our vision"

-mama mia, what the hell are they visioning??? this is allready far beyond my wildest dreams
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #90
Janne_H

Likes (Received): 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexriga View Post
Isn't that the whole point why Dubai is growing so fast.
Janne_H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #91
Mr. Met

Likes (Received): 3

are they all being built, they are all amazing, if so, when will they be completed?
Mr. Met no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #92
Mr. Met

Likes (Received): 3

Dubai keeps raising the bar
Mr. Met no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #93
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Met View Post
are they all being built, they are all amazing, if so, when will they be completed?
nobody knows when they'll be completed
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #94
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 254

This is what I have found on Adrian Smith's website:

First Tower:

The EP15 Tower combines simple geometric principles with new and emerging technologies to create a modern, soaring "tower of light" for the city. Like a prism, the tower has a series of faceted surfaces that increase the light and air traveling through the building. The faceted shapes maximize the energy generation, balance natural light and offer 360 degree views of the landscape. They also create natural atrium spaces as the building ascends, allowing for the creation of naturally ventilated sky gardens that activate the building form. Exposing the intermediate floors gives the illusion that the building is composed of four smaller towers stacked on top of one another creating a "vertical city".

The tower rises to 101 stories and includes 300,000 square meters of hotel, convention, commercial and retail spaces

Second Tower:

The design of the EP07 Tower celebrates Dubai’s dual nature as a city with a strong history and traditions and the first truly 21st century metropolis. The tower’s fluid shape symbolizes Dubai’s historic relationship to water- drawing parallels to the movement of the Gulf around which the city was built and the waterways that will transport newcomers and travelers throughout the city in the future. The base of the tower is cradled by a curving podium building reminiscent of the tower’s flowing form. The smooth rounded shape of the tower makes strong references to Dubai’s history of pearl harvesting and trade. Concurrently, the tower embraces the city’s modern commitment to sustainability and position as a global innovator- combining advanced building technologies and climate appropriate systems to cleanly generate power on-site.

The mixed-use tower will be approximately 600 meters high, with a total built-up area of 350,000 square meters.

The third tower:

EP09 is arranged to form a grand garden space and create a shaded microclimate unlike any other place in Dubai. The six towers are positioned into pairs linked together by soaring vaulted canopy structures that umbrella the landscape below. The space beneath the canopies is transformed into a verdant grotto. Vegetation is enmeshed with the canopies and exterior balconies of the towers, creating a highly sustainable 360 degree garden. The space acts as an outdoor “great hall”, providing an unparalleled retreat.

Each of the six towers is 30-40 stories. The development includes residential, commercial, retail, hospitality and entertainment spaces.

the fourth tower AC Towers:

The AC Towers- three of the world’s tallest buildings- rise up out of a central canal. The development’s unique form is also highly functional: soaring clusters of cables and occupied sky-bridges connect the towers together as they ascend. The towers are designed to the highest environmental and performance standards and will serve as a strong symbol of Dubai’s commitment to sustainability.

A true "city center," the complex is accessible directly by both land and sea. At the base of the buildings, grand arched entrances allow boats to travel underneath the building and into a central atrium space, an oasis in the center of the development. The atria oasis, open from water to sky, is framed by the three towers and the sky-bridges above. The space has the potential to transform into a premier entertainment venue.

The mixed-use development includes a hotel, residential, commercial retail and entertainment space totaling 800,000-900,000 square meters.

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #95
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

i wonder why it says "three of the world’s tallest buildings" ?
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #96
im_from_zw038
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

EXTREMELY nice project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
im_from_zw038 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #97
brightside.
Honorary Scouser

Likes (Received): 8132

Unbelieveable! Stunning designs!

Very soon Dubais towers will be so tall that they'll be visible from across the Arabian sea in Pakistan
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #98
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Wow amazing

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #99
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 254

i think they will count them as three towers. plus the pictures with the bended towers in he foreground, the tower in the back is mentioned twice.´therfore 5 towers come together

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #100
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

great news, can't wait until these towers are growing
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai