daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM   #21
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 1639

i took these this morning after getting up at 6am so i could do my photo run and then get back to work

Kangaroo

City Rocks

I'm in a blue world

and yes it was raining today

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
docker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #22
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

from this morning by me

Layers

The Stockade

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #23
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

i took these yesterday morning

Walls & Windows

Slow

Old August 30th, 2008, 06:15 AM   #24
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

all taken by me over the past several days the skyline shots are from 16km east of the city

Old September 5th, 2008, 07:02 AM   #25
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

friday night football part 1

ok time for another tour, this is from friday night before and after i went to the Fremantle dockers vs Collingwood Magpies football game at subiaco oval.

but we will start off on the terrace where i got off the 296 bus just before william street around 5:30pm

then we walked down william street and onto hay street which will take me past subiaco oval.

but lets see what we are leaving behind

see, we do have some grand old architecture

and also some density, if you know where and how to look

and some mordern makeovers of the old architecture

but both of our old and new architecture have come from either old (gold rush) or new (minerals mining) booms

but one reason perth is always considered so photogenic is because of the colours we get from the sunsetting plus our great weather

there will be more to come...

Old September 5th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #26
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

friday night football

some nimby's in here were trying to stop the construction of Perth Arena... apparrently the piling was too loud during the day

see there is plenty of space in here once the bus lane is removed to put a third line down to subiaco so there can be a special events line which can have trains runnning to and from subiaco oval during games...

just imagine having BHP, treasury and capital square...

i can see it... the excitement is building

not only is my excitement building but also my amazement at the beauty of mueller park, and am glad that the government decided to build the new stadium overlapping the old oval rather than demolish this park

so where i am stadning here would theoretically be apart of the north-eastern pocket of the stadium

my HOLY TEMPLE... the grail is the premiership cup

and here come my fellow sports freak, all hoping for the same one dream...

as you can see it was a very windy night, which apparently was a reason behind the sloppy play which made the game game quite atrocious to watch

JOHNNY! our mascot, he is better than the new life guard for the gold coast team who have no nickname, which is a good thing.

I'm watching you, you freo feralls...

and he's not the only one watching the crowd when you get the feral freo supporters together with the equal scum which is collingwood

part 3 and 4 will come up when i get home from work tonight

Old September 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #27
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

ok lets continue on, part 3

leaving the footy ground while waiting at west leederville traino

who says the convention centre is ugly, if you actually go and visit it and look at it, it loks nice from up close, but no one would know that not nimbys not skyscraper nerds cos NO ONE goes to the foreshore...

it is also good fun to take photos of, if you can't tell i'm saying we need development on the foreshore so people will visit

ok lets test out how well the camera goes at night

i should of moved more to the right and not have been so 'zoomed in'

incase you were wondering where i took the phot from

ohh, i can't actually think of anything to write so instead i will just say MOO!

Old September 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #28
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

part 4

this is why we need late night shopping in the city, i couldn't give a stuff about the suburbs infact i kinda like the new approach by carpenter... but this is a deadzone at 10:30pm on a friday night

even the arcades are dead with the only cinema within 3km of the cbd

although it does make it easier to take photos cos people aren't staring at you or walking through your photo

one of my favourites so far with the new camera

i've got no idea how alvse made his photo of council house to look so good or any to that matter.

i hope you enjoyed all of the photos.

Old January 6th, 2009, 04:35 AM   #29
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

i took this on sunday from the observation deck of The Swan Bell Tower, i had to reduce the quality of it when i loaded it onto imageshack.

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #30
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

please delete

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #31
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

so heres my Australia day, in photos,

so i started off catching a bus into the city at 8:20am which is hard when you are hung over and only had 5 hours sleep.

the purpose of this was to get to alvse missus's place so i could get changed and got to the citizens ceremony where perthgazer gots his award

so after getting changed we walked to the Council House

and then returned to get rechanged so we could go watch the fireworks, this is in Northbridge on the corner of Newcastle and lake st, so are the two above buildings

the view looking down Newcastle street, it shows that the Perth named areas aren't the only ones in a boom

some artwork on lake street which is part of the urban redevelopment project called new northbridge which is revitalising the area above the northbridge tunnels

the library, a popular nightclub in northbridge which i haven't actually been to before

and some street-life, there isn't much on a public holiday, especially when all the action is at night which you will see later

the skyline in the background

alvse said this is a greek church... i wouldn't know

and now we have arrived at Russel Square, a treasure of northbridge which is definatly underutilised

these are some water features surrounding the gazebo in the centre

you can see parliment house from here

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #32
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

after leaving russel square you get some interesting architecture and urban settings

including this building (from different angles)

the view of the behind of ryans great love (after miensie)

and we noticed some scaffolding around the signage on woodside tower

who says perth doesn't have any density from the north (it depends on the angle)

and will be a lot better in 2 years

there is so much space and odd shapes to the PEC that it could be used in so many fashions (IF IT WAS TO BE REFURBISHED)

poor signage, people struggle so much to get any in perth against the council and then it gets blocked anyway

milligan streets interesting facades

seems kinda urban and gritty

shapes and objects

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #33
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

a building which isn't photographed much in perth

i bet not many people knew this artwork exsisted but have walked past countless number of times

a cool little promotion for City Square (C2)

and the resultant development

hello alvse

a building which is also not photographed or even noticed much but i think it is awesome and is so different

back to the construction of BHP tower, soon to be the tallest office tower in AUS (by cheating)

and the classic view of the city with some pre event entertainment

and even more

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #34
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

and the final lot

crave and recently miensie keep on asking for my legs...

more pre-event entertainment

this choppers were picking up water and dumping them,

this actually looks pretty cool

and what we all love to see

and one of the whole reason 350,000 people head to the city and surrounding areas near the river

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM   #35
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

i have to say, i seem to have an uncanny trick of being able to crop out as many people possible from a photo when i take it, cos i swear i was surrounded by people everytime i took one of these photos, yet they always seems to be empty...

Last edited by docker; February 2nd, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #36
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth (Part 1)

ok, todays tour is of the Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth.

we will start off with Mercantile Lane, which you can see Alluvion being built in the background, which will have pedestrians walkways linking over the top of the lane, into the forecourt of BHP tower, Westralia plaza and Westralia square, which continues onto the busport. St georges tce is behind me.

this is the St Georges Tce entry into the Cloister's building which features an arcade which will be shown later on

now back down the terrace to directly opposite the BHP tower site, this is the Paragon CBD Arcade, which i didn't actually know about until 5 weeks ago when i went into the city to do some after christmas shopping in the rivers store to the right

besides from just having shops there is even a food court in here too

directly opposite Paragon, on the Hay street entry there is the Eight Hundred Arcade, which as you can see from the interior is rather old

Outside 800, is Wolfe lane, which is one of the laneways the city has identified from the laneway activation project, basically to turn all the laneways in perth into those seen in melbourne

Wolfe lane features several cafes and stores including Aldas cafe, and this dainty place

looking out to King St, from Wolfe lane (this is the western entry into the lane)

Munster Lane, which features the Pit stop book store, to enter you have to go down one of the many staircases which lead to the underground stores in perth

Munster lane basically forms a rectangle by looping around and back to King St a dozen meters further down the street from where it leaves.

but it does host the King Street Art Centre which isn't very well known in Perth (and wouldn't be recognised by many of the perth forumers

something which is indented from Murray street,

and walking past the northern end of Wolfe lane

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM   #37
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth (Part 2)

looking up Queen street, from Wellington street to Murray street. i gotta say that bycycle shop would be a good spot to put a restaurant or cafe with the large area for tables outside

Prince lane the western facade facing the street, which seem to feature a lot of doors and windows,

whereas the eastern side of the street seems more of an industrial feel to it, this would be a great lane to include in the laneway activation project

moving west along murray street, which is the end of Prince lane we head towards a great lane of Perth in Shafto Lane

the entry into the northern half of shafto lane features a model a aeroplane as part of the hobby shop inside

unfortunatly the northernside of Shafto Lane is not as good as the south, but similar to Prince lane hopefully the advent of the Laneway activation project and the Northbridge link will make the northern half of shafto lane rival it's southern half brethren

the good half of shafto lane, unfortunatly the photos don't do it justice as most people were still only getting to work when i took these photos, but this area gets full for lunch and dinner and night times with the many restaurants and Durty Nellys being major features to the lane

and the southern entry from hay Street

as i mentioned before there is the Cloister's Arcade which runs from St georges tce upto hay street running through the foyer of the Cloisters building, one of the older tallest buildings in Perth

and ofcourse there is more dining area, which over look the tce's entry

a little slip lane which runs up the side of ellement 996, a recently built building in perth

and what a view you get from walking up Hay street to get to West Perth, which is where our next part of the series leads us to

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM   #38
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth (Part 3)

to start the west perth featurete of this series is just simply this small lane running between hay and Murray streets up a steep hill

then we have the West Perth food court, which is basically in the heart of the West Perth area, especially considering it links into a 8 storey car park and 6 storey office building

the entry from Outram street

looking down one of the only green verges along murray street

and now we skip over to northbridge, and to start off this lively area we are looking at Little Shenton Lane, i was actually expecting something more interesting when i planned to some here from looking at the map

anyway a asain food court in the heart of Northbridge which can get busy for lunch

Northbridge Plaza, i never really see this place with people in it, or shops open for that matter

Nicks Lane, under the northbridge plan this would link upto, either Prince lane or Queen street from the second part of this series, but i can't remember which one it was in the plan

james street the busiest area in northbridge, often considered the entertainment district of perth, ofcourse that is in terms of all the nightclubs, pubs, restaurants and young people in the area especially at night

the intersection of william street and james street looking up into the Cultural centre

the beginning of the pedestrian only area of the cultural centre, this often thought of as a no go zone during night because of violence, with some of the people who hang around at night

the state library to the left and the Central tafe is along the path on the right

the state art gallery, which is connected to the Perth train station by a pedestrian bridge over the top of roe street

and the state museum, which is going to get redeveloped instead of a new one built at the old East Perth Power station, under the new plan released by the government today

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM   #39
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth (Part 4)

so we now head back into the centre of perth, and feature the mall's area of perth, this is the Plaza arcade, i seem to have forgotten to get a picture of the inside unfortunatley,

i have no idea what this laneway is called but it could be good to hold an even of some type, maybe a band or something similar

with the reverse view of previously looking back at the hay street mall

and we now head into the maze that is Carillion City, what could easily be considered the heart of the retailing area in the city

scarelly enough there are four levels to the retail area and there is also a tower ontop which is 55m tall,
the four levels are defined as basement which host many individual stores which have escalators running into each store indvidually, such as the reject shop or army navy store

then there is the Hay street level which has a balcony over looking the Murray street mall and forrest place, and has a pedestrian link directly to the Perth Train station

the Hay street level is the second largest area of the all the levels

then you also have the Murray street level and first floor, the murray street level contains the largest area, including a food court, the main one in perth

there is also a food court on the first level too, and a staircase which leads down to the murray street level from the Hay street mall, once you go down this stair case you can either enter Carillion City to your left or go into the Trinity Arcade

outside the hay street entry of Carillion City is the soon to be opened shopping centre in ENEX100 which is part of the 103m tall tower development of 100 St Georges Tce, more well known as Centruy city on here

and running parralel to Carillion City is Piccadily Arcade which contains the only active cinema in the city now, even though it only contains three screens which two of them are horribly designed, but atleast they offer something

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM   #40
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth (Part 5)

ok only two to go,

one lane off the Murray Street mall

and another one

and again

but that last one is different, in that it leads to this couldasac and also has an exit to william street

the recently completed Wesley Arcade, part of the Wesley Quarter Redevelopment

Central Park, named after it's neighbour the tower, i just realised this photo doesn't really show the actual size of it

Gledden Arcade, this is just a short shitty thing which no one really pays any attention to anyway

and now we get to something interesting, Trinity Arcade, there is two levels, this level which links onto street level of the hay street mall

which comes out above St Georges Tce

and then there is the Murray Street Lvel, which links back into Carillion City as shown here

similar to how there is jewelery and other artifacts up stairs there are all these old photos on the walls down stairs

this also leads out to St Georges Tce

At which point you can either stay at ground level or even further underground into the mall area for Allendale Square