daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #41
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 1639

Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth (Part 6)

and now for the last part, a section i only discovered the other week

so this is the underground shopping area of Allendale Square which is one of the tallest buildings in perth

as you can see it links directly into the foyer for allendale square

and this is the final exit of the pedestrian maze which runs from Aberdeen Street in northbridge straight down to the BGC building on the esplanade, you can travel that whole distance without even needing to consider the movements of vehicals, and the vast majority in a rain proof surrounding, you can either go into the foyer for the BGC building or continue onto the foreshore along howard street

this is howard st, another one listed for the laneway activation project by the PCC

some of the facades on Howard street

and now parrallel to howard st is Sherwood Court

which features the Exchange plaza forecourt

and then onto the St Martins Tower forecourt, which is a favourite fo photographers with the statues featured

but i have it included as it contains an arcade which links into the Borders book store which leads up to the Hay street mall

a laneway on the east end of Hay street, this was the first time i have been on it so this was new to me

but it lead me onto this cool area and also a great spot to take photos of Equus while it is underconstruction

a lane way on murray street which features the underground Ambar nightclub, but this building is going to be getting a redevelopment and 6 stories added ontop so ambar will probably be lost

and finally a lane way up at home, which is a bush track i often walk along to either get to work or walk to my nearest bus stop. this use to be the railway line which ran upto Kalamunda

i hope everyone had enjoyed my tour of Laneways, Arcades, Plazas and Courts of Perth and will join me when i go on my next tour.

many posts will be apprieciated so that it seperates posts between photos, so it doesn't take forever to load the next lot when ever that may be...

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
docker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:28 PM   #42
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

this is at 6:45am last week.

i rather like this photo.

amazingly enough there is 20 cranes in this single photo

hopefully this photo not only shows the raine square and one40williams development but can also help distinguish some of the 20 cranes

more of raine and one40

and some more

and what about some of the crane-ige out the front of the city, i think there is 9 in this photo

and now for some east perth development, just wait for fairlanes and abc to be built both over 98m in the centre next to the 80m reflections

a closer look at some of them like rise, sky and saffron

now over to elevations, reflections and peak

and what about some west perth density...

and finally a sunny evening at 6:50pm, quite the contrast to 6:50am i posted last week.

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:18 PM   #43
Munichpictures1970

Likes (Received): 217

Nice and interesting pictures!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:36 PM   #44
annman
Annman

Likes (Received): 429

Docker, Awesome pics mate!!! You make Perth look it's best!
Desperately want to visit the place... being from Cape Town, and we're on the far-flung West Coast of South Africa, would be great to visit our sister city, far-flung Perth on Aus's West Coast!

Drink lots of wine in Margaret River as well... YAY!

Keep the pics coming...
annman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:14 PM   #45
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

this isn't exactly a photo but a combination of 152 photos from the past 38 weeks

i suggest that you watch it in high definition and full screen to be able to see any of the construction work on any of the buildings. unfortunately you don't get the best quality once you've uploaded the video.

Old April 26th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #46
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

East Perth

Old April 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #47
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

i decided to go for a bike ride today down to the zig zag, this is how far away the zig zag and my suburb is from the city

the most important photo of this lot

and you can see Vic Park and South Perth and Crawley before you come across to Burswood and East Perth, before the city

Old June 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #48
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Old June 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #49
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

"And there were these two wogs fighting."

"And then the fat wog, said to the skinnier wog"

"Oh bro, you slept with my cousin, hey!"

"And then they pulled out a gun and went"

"Chk Chk Boom, and I ran away"

Old June 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #50
melbstud

Likes (Received): 7

WOW
melbstud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #51
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

From the suburb of Victoria Park

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #52
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

today i decided to take a wander around claisebrook, the largest Urban Renewal Project undertaken in Perth, but to get there i had to walk through the Riverside Urban Renewal area which unlike claisebrook is only just starting

i decided i would walk up the top of a hill to get a good skyline shot but it just never eventuated, instead i got a shot of the peninsula project out in burswood

i've always noticed this building in the northern skyline, but i have never known to much about it, such as floors or age

Glouster Park, home of the Trotts, and used to hold the annual Telstra Rally Australia, World Rally Championship until the government decided to let it go to a different state

so lets take a look at claisebrook

the area has all of its vehicle access through alleyways rather than street frontages

and it is also very leafy,

so lets move down closer to the water inlet which gives it's name to the area

ah ha, a skyline shot, but there will be more to come

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #53
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

there definitely is a presence that there was an asserted attempt to include artwork

one of the more achitecturaly inspiring bridges of perth

uh, you can see raine square and one40william under construction from here

what a shot

and again with the artwork

another one of those rear alleyways i mentioned before

and there definitely is a strong emphises on walking

more artwork

and 169 tully road currently U/C

and again with the alleyway

there is also an industrial part of claisebrook, which is remaining from the days before the redevelopment, whos knows, maybe it will be replaced by 20st towers one day

and the developing east perth skyline

more artwork, from the right angle this forms a perfect triangle, it is a great optical illusion

Old June 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #54
AtD
Bigger is better

Likes (Received): 1742

Claisebrook looks good for a new area. Is it a greenfields development, or is the street plan much older?

It's an increasingly popular trend to have no driveways at the front of townhouses. I think it's much better, as long as you still have activity on the street itself.
AtD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #55
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

it's a brownfield site, it all use to be an industrial area, but it seems like most of the street layout is new and designed to interact with certain pieces of artwork.

moving back to the centre of claisebrook where all of the retail and offices are based

fancy that, another construction site in perth

i really would like that corner site to have a 10st building on it, but it wasn't the normal at the time, instead they went low rise

this is a nicely designed carpark, you have an activated streetscape, and an interesting design, instead of the normal rising level of carparks

kinda has a europeon feel to it, except for the obvious kimberly region rocks.

what a surprise more construction work

i am quite ashamed of this, how is there no restaurant or cafe or some sort of retail built into this little podium thing, i realise there is probably a carpark underneath, but how could they not design some sort of tenancy here?

Old June 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #56
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

anyway, lets make a brief move away from claisebrook and go over to the west end of the city, around 'the link' area which is probably perths most exciting urban renewal project, as it is across the street from the GPO, making it very centre to all of the activity in the city.

the construction of Perth Arena, which will be able to hold something like 15,330 people and have a retractable roof, and a rather controversial design

and again, it is also the first stage of 'The Link' project

looking in the opposite direction to before

that is Code, it has topped out, and is a project closely followed by WA forumers of Ozscrapers

back to the arena

uhhh, aww

raine square

and one40william

and Perth Central Train Station

Old June 22nd, 2009, 02:34 PM   #57
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

who remembers me taking this last year?

well i just found out that i took it 1 year and three days ago from today. a bit odd. and strangely enough i decided to do it again today. (seriously i had no idea i was three days off making it a year, pure coincidence)

like the one i posted before, from years ago by dilaz, and then by me today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilaz89 View Post
image hosted on flickr