daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Urban Bulgaria > Economy and Tourism

Economy and Tourism Енергетика, Икономика, Туризъм и т.н.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.90 average.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM   #21
ВОДА
Hipster Santa

Likes (Received): 375

Belene NPP U/C

Render:

ВОДА no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM   #22
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 7314

Binding bids for Belene nuclear power plant by June 23

Germany's RWE and Belgium's Electrabel have until June 23 to submit binding bids for 49 per cent in the company that will build and operate Bulgaria's second nuclear power plant at Belene on the Danube, Reuters reported on May 28.

The two companies were shortlisted by state power-grid operator National Electricity Company (NEC) in the tender to pick a strategic investor for the future nuclear power plant. Czech CEZ, Italy's Enel and Germany's E.ON were also shortlisted by Bulgaria's National Electricity Company (NEC) at an earlier stage, but did not make the final cut.

NEC will hold the remaining 51 per cent in Belene, which, Bulgarian authorities hope, would once again make the country a major electricity exporter in South-Eastern Europe, after it had to shut down Soviet-built reactors at its Kozloduy power plant before joining the European Union in January 2007.

Belene's twin 1000-MW reactors would be built by Russia's Atomstroyexport, controlled by gas company Gazprom, with France's Areva and Germany's Siemens as subcontractors. The construction costs have been set at four billion euro, but the total outlay on the project is expected to be closer to seven billion euro.

Earlier this week, a top Bulgarian physicist, who previously worked at Bulgaria's Kozloduy nuclear power plant, warned that the NEC estimates did not take into account rising commodity prices, which could drive the total costs to nine billion euro.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM   #23
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 7314

BNP Paribas given until June 4 to agree to Bulgaria's terms on Belene

Bulgaria’s state-owned power grid operator, the National Electricity Company (NEC), would prefer French bank Societe Generale to BNP Paribas as the financing party in the project to build Bulgaria’s second nuclear power plant at Belene, Dnevnik daily quoted NEC senior managers as saying on June 1.

BNP Paribas was picked by NEC to arrange a syndicated loan for the Belene power plant projecdt. The parties have been in talks, with NEC refusing to pay the lender if it fails to procure financing and withdraws at a certain point in time. If NEC concedes to this condition, it would entirely assume the risk and affiliated costs on BNP’s failure to procure the necessary financing, the daily said.

Sources close to the project were quoted by Dnevnik daily as saying that the financial consultant on the project, Deloitte&Touche, backed the NEC.

According to the tender conditions, BNP Paribas can procure the loans in three stages. In the first one, the bank can find consultants for the preliminary project survey, draw up a risk assessment analysis and financial model options. During the second phase, the company should prepare a tender for the organisers of the financing and the end of the last phase would wrap up with the sealing of the entire financial documentation kit.

The tender for project financiers is scheduled to be called in the middle of 2009.

If BNP Paribas fails to agree to NEC conditions, the second-ranked, Societe Generale, would be invited to take the place of its French rival. Sources told Dnevnik daily that the company might even resort to calling a new tender. The procedure would take at least three months.

So far, the NEC has shortlisted 67 banks eligible to finance the project. Because of the rising cost of lending, caused by the global credit crunch, NEC might strike lending arrangements at lofty interest rates.

According to Georgi Kastchiev, Bulgarian physicist and former official in the nuclear energy administration,the costs related to servicing the obligations of the new nuclear power plant would hover around two billion euro. Interest payments could yet go down if the Government offered guarantees.
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #24
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 876

BNP Paribas agreed to finance the NPP Belene

Френската банка "БНП Париба" се договори да структурира финансирането за изграждане на атомната централа "Белене", обявиха от Националната електрическа компания. Очаква се проектът да струва около шест милиарда евро.

Централата в Белене трябва да помогне на България да си върне позицията на важен износител на ток за балканския регион.

България получи положително становище на Европейската комисия, че нотифицираният по силата на Член 41-44 на Договора за Евратом инвестиционен проект за изграждане на АЕЦ Белене изцяло съответства на принципите на Договора за Евратом, обявиха още от НЕК в съобщение на сайта си.

До 23 юни трябва да се получат финалните оферти за изграждането на централата от групата на кандидатите- германската RWE и белгийската "Електрабел".

НЕК възнамерява да запази мажоритарен дял в централата.
bgrs está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #25
Ivailo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Bidder for Bulgaria's Bobov Dol T-Plant Vows to Build Two More Units
Quote:
One of the bidders for the Bobov Dol thermal power plant, Minna Kompania EOOD, declared they are to build two additional 200-megawatt units if they acquire the power station.

Company owner Nikifor Vangelov also vowed to invest in sulphur filtering systems and said his aim is that Bobov Dol reaches a total capacity of 1000 megawatts.

The other bidder for the plant, Consortium Energia MK AD of tycoon Hristo Kovachki had also announced they plan to build two 200-megawatt units in addition to the existing three.

Experts say similarities between companies' plans are not accidental as both candidates are actually linked to Mr. Kovachki, who owns most of the coalmines in the region.

Although Kovachki does not have a share in Vangelov's company, the latter is deputy chairperson of Municipal Bank supervisory board and is on the management team of supermarket chain Evropa, both owned by Kovachki.
source
Ivailo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #26
JloKyM

Likes (Received): 3597

From Standartnews.com
Quote:
BG Government Resolved to Save Kozloduy Nuke

The Bulgarian government has launched a new initiative aimed at rescuing Units 3,4 of the Kozloduy nuke decommissioned under Bulgaria's pre-accession commitments. An ad hoc working group will map out a concept for the NPP management. Recommissioning of Units 3, 4 will be a special accent in it. Experts will thoroughly analyze the acting agreements with the European Commission and other international and national institutions related to the closure of these two reactors. They will have to propose a plan for putting in operation Units 3, 4. The first two reactors (generating 440 MW each) were decommissioned in 2002, while twice as powerful Units 3, 4 are hot operational since 2006. So far, the Bulgarian high ranking officials have made several proposals for starting off the recommissioning procedure, yet no concrete steps have been taken.
Special assessment will be made of Units 5, 6 with a view for their rehabilitation.
JloKyM está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #27
Andrei S.

Bulgargaz links its pipelines to Romania:

Source: http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n142738
8 June 2008 | 01:36 | FOCUS News Agency

Quote:
Sofia. Bulgargaz Holding embarked on talks with its Romanian partners from Transgaz on the projected construction of an inter-grid connection between the pipelines of the two neighbouring countries. Negotiations are in their initial stage now, as there are a couple of construction models proposed. The longest of the projects has a length of 20 km. A shorter variant is also among the proposed projects – a link crossing the border at Ruse-Gyurgevo.
Andrei S. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #28
nikoy88
Bulgarian

Likes (Received): 107

there are still morons in BG

source http://news.netinfo.bg/?tid=40&oid=1207707

Quote:
Площадката, на която ще се строи АЕЦ „Белене“, не е подходяща за изграждането на атомна централа заради сеизмичния риск на района. Това каза, изпълнителният директор на Института за зелена политика Петко Ковачев, предаде репортер на БГНЕС.

Той цитира данни от писма на БАН до Министерство на икономиката от 1984 г., в което се посочва, че няма друга атомна централа на толкова сеизмично място. През юни 1983 г., руски учени са предложили, да се изостави площадката заради високата степан на сеизмичност. Проучване на БАН от 1990 г. е показало, че площадката не предлага резерв на сеизмична осигуреност. Този резерв се изразява във възможността, атомната централа да издържи на земетресение с една степен по-високо, от посоченото от техническия проект. Петко Ковачев каза, че в подготвената през 2004 г. оценка за въздействие на околната среда на АЕЦ „Белене“ е отбелязано, че в 30 километровата зона на централата не са регистрирани земетресения с магнитут по висок от 2.5 по Рихтер. Според Ковачев проблемът е, че специалистите са работили с данни отпреди 10 години, а фокусът е върху 30 км зона от площадката, като е игнориран основния проблем в планината Вранча. Тя е потенциално най-опасна и най-проблемна е линията Букурещ-Белене-Свищов, уточни Ковачев. Той цитира и заключение на Геофизичния институт на БАН оповестени от НЕК на 23.11.2007 г. Според тези заключения площадката е в една от най-спокойните сеизмични области, като са ползвани данни от едногодишен период. Петко Ковачев уточни, че една годи на е крайно недостатъчен срок за подобни изследвания. А по думите му, трудно могат да се определят последиците от евентуално земетресение, тъй като все още няма технически проект на бъдещата атомна централа. Ковачев прогнозира, че всички аспекти, свързани със сеизмичния риск на площадката в Белене, най-вероятно ще се изяснят, преди да бъде получено финансиране на проекта. Ковачев апелира към НЕК, да даде точните данни за риск от земетресение. Според него, проектът Белене вече е спазарен и с него Русия се опитва да пробие на Европейския пазар. /БГНЕС
Old June 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #29
3tmk
Rusty Robot

well the Romanians have been saying that for years
although I don't understand what difference it makes if they studied data from 10 years ago or from today. It isn't like the situation has changed that much

they can get around that risk. Just build the damn thing already!
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #30
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 3232

To tell you the truth, I am very scared of earthquakes....since 1977, when the Vrancea earthquake hit Bucharest with 7.6 and smashed down a few hundred old buildings in the historic area of Bucharest and killed over 1.000 people, I myself witnessed 2 more earthqukes with origin in the same critical area of over 6.5 Richter. Even 6.5 is a very strong earthquake which made new buildings in Bucharest for example (built by Californian standards after the 'BIG ONE' in '77) crack at corners.

Seismologists here estimate that a Vrancea 7+ earthquake may hit Bucharest in the coming 5-10 years.

I am not saying that at this magnitude proper buildings will collapse, but I am wondering what can happen with the nuclear core of an NPP at such magnitude, because the balance of any building is extremely high.

Why doesn't Bulgaria build the NPP in the green area below, which is safe from earthquakes (the red shows the track of waves from Vrancea earthquake, and the green the area which is not affected by the earthquake waves)? The Cernavoda NPP has also been built in this area, which is not subject of earthquake waves from Vrancea?

Last edited by Le Clerk; June 10th, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #31
ВОДА
Hipster Santa

In the past we had had 9 by Richter scale in Sofia. So, I`m very scared of earthquakes too.

I don`t want even to imagine what is gonna happen if there is a 7+ in BG.

Old June 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #32
Ivailo
BANNED

There should be some mistake.As far as I know the biggest quake in the modern history of Bulgaria was in the 1920`s and was estimated at 7.5 by Richter.The epicenter was Pirin Macedonia.
Ivailo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #33
ВОДА
Hipster Santa

No, there is no mistake. Seismology is my hobby!
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:39 AM   #34
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ВОДА View Post

No, there is no mistake. Seismology is my hobby!
haha, another amateur geologist?
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #35
nikoy88
Bulgarian

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk View Post
well the Romanians have been saying that for years
although I don't understand what difference it makes if they studied data from 10 years ago or from today. It isn't like the situation has changed that much
are u talkin about the morons in Bg or about the dangers
heh 4 real, both interpretations ain't that far from the reality

Last edited by nikoy88; June 11th, 2008 at 02:28 AM. Reason: .
nikoy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #36
ВОДА
Hipster Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk View Post
haha, another amateur geologist?
Why not?
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #37
petet
Edge of 7teen

One of the biggest mistakes ever ( maybe WILL),will be to build that Belene in so seismic region.I don't wanna even imagine what will be happen with that Belene if some earthquake shake the ground(I hope that never be heppen).

Just can't imagine....
petet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #38
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet View Post
One of the biggest mistakes ever ( maybe WILL),will be to build that Belene in so seismic region.I don't wanna even imagine what will be happen with that Belene if some earthquake shake the ground(I hope that never be heppen).

Just can't imagine....
Maybe nothing will happen in case of a strong earthquake, but if there is the narrowest chance (maybe 0.00001) that something may go wrong because of a strong earthquake, then another location should be thought of. I mean, this is not like building any factory, it's a nuclear plant. Nothing should be left to hazard. Everything should be 100% calculated and sure.

Plus, as far as I read in the Romanian media, the project may have funding problems due to the earthquake risks (please confirm, I may be wrong here).

So, why not move the location? There are other areas on the Danube where the plant can be built, or even by a river. For example, the second NPP in Romania (which is going to be built after 2015) will be built in Transilvania, on a small river, where there is 0 risk of earthquakes.
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #39
petet
Edge of 7teen

I really reaeeeeally hope that won't be happen!

Exactly,there are a lot of rivers in Bulgaria...but how you said that is not some factory.The people don't like the factories...so I don't even know how will be their reaction for that...

Btw I think in Belene there are already a lot of money there (millions,and maybe billions(not sure for billions)) so I don't think that they will move it.

But it will be catastrophic for our country and whole Balkans.

Hope God will be with us ...
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #40
petet
Edge of 7teen

And in your previous post "Why they don't build in in northern Bulgaria?" I read somewhere soon that it is little (not as the place now) dangerous because there is some possibillity to have an earthquike in the Black Sea.

The place now all north Bulgaria is dangerous.

Near Plovdiv(Chirpan) it is dangerous too.

For me,I think if they will move it ( I don't know ),they must to move it in South/Southern Bulgaria.

Last edited by petet; June 11th, 2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Error

Tags
bulgaria, energy, nuclear, solar power, wind power generators

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: