daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 8th, 2008, 03:24 AM   #81
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Amazing proposal by FXFowle International for a set of 3 linked towers in the "Dubai Promenade" district. I think it must be an old proposal for what's going up there at the moment though.

http://www.arplus.com/MIPIM/entries08/exhibitor_57.html

Also a crazy proposal for the tatweer twin towers that were cancelled.

http://www.arplus.com/MIPIM/entries08/exhibitor_86.html
malec no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #82
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Interesting stuff... thanks for the links, Malec.
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:19 AM   #83
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14078

wow!! superprojects for a super city

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea  
Old July 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #84
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

another Mega Tower coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
Atkins architects in global competition to design one of world's tallest towers
July 2008

One tower – three architects – all working for Atkins – and all competing against each other for the job of designing one of the world’s tallest structures. It’s one of the most unusual contracts Atkins, the UK’s biggest engineering and design consultancy, has ever been involved with.

The developer, Tameer Holdings, initially chose Atkins from a global field of competition, but then decided they wanted a second contest. Now Atkins is pitting its best architectural brains against each other – with the winner being judged by the client in a kind of design beauty contest. .

The three Atkins teams vying for the project are drawn from all over the world. They are; Dubai’s Shaun Killa, the innovator behind the Bahrain World Trade Center, the world’s first wind-powered megastructure; the UK’s Tom Wright, who created the world’s only seven star hotel – the Burj Al-Arab; and Hong Kong’s Ky Cheung who designed Teda Towers.

Based on current world rankings, the colossal mixed use project will be amongst the world’s tallest structures and will comprise of residential, commercial and retail configurations in addition to a 200-plus key boutique hotel and branded, serviced apartments.

Preliminary designs have been submitted to the judging panel which is a mix of Tameer’s Board of Directors and senior management with oversight by its industry partners. The winning design will be announced later in July.

Managing director of Atkins in the Middle East & India, Tim Askew, says the group’s best architectural talent has been preparing for the design competition over a number of months, with three of its major global studios engaging in healthy competitive rivalry to design the mega-structure.

“We are delighted to have been selected as lead designer for the project after the initial selection process. Whilst this is the first time we have embarked upon such a major internal competition on such an international scale, we see it as instrumental in helping us to further drive creativity and ingenuity for projects such as this, in recognition of the status it deserves as Dubai’s newest landmark” he said.

Apart from its aesthetic and functional design qualities currently under consideration, the colossal iconic skyscraper will span over 5 million square feet and will be designed in accordance with current sustainability best practice. Towering over the city skyline it will provide breathtaking views of Marsa Dubai as it lies in proximity to the most luxurious retail, dining and leisure precincts and sophisticated commercial and academic hubs.

Managing director of Tameer Dubai, Abdul Hamid Moukayed, says the project will not only offer a premium in creativity and design spurred by the global competition, but heralds a new era in sustainable development with unsurpassed eco-features which are intended to be implemented in the project.

“Apart from the prominent effort to compete on design, the project is expected to exhibit an exemplary standard of construction in accordance with unmatched sustainability-focused measures and we look forward to working with some of the world’s best creative designers to help bring this architectural masterpiece to life,” Mr. Moukayed said
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #85
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Please make it stop.
Dale no está en línea  
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:59 AM   #86
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 135

It will not stop, this is only the start
Dubai_Steve no está en línea  
Old July 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM   #87
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

Festival City !!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imresol...7606308578215/
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM   #88
Stephan23
Bonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Geoeye finally took some new images. All images from July 3, 2008. Enjoy

Waterfront:

Palm Jebel Ali:

Palm Jumeirah:

The World:

Palm Deira:

Downtown development area; check out the shadow of the Burj!!!

Hope you like them
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:46 PM   #89
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Wrong thread mate
malec no está en línea  
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:21 PM   #90
Stephan23
Bonsai

Ok , forgot to read 'Supertall' - but let me think about it, this is supertall
Old July 26th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #91
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

I dont no its supertall but is a new one.

Its not new(old proposel) but its recently approved. Its the second rotating tower for Dubai after the Dynamic Tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverOfDubai View Post
Dubai to get firm's first rotating tower
By Saifur Rahman, Business Editor
29 June 2008, 00:15

Dubai: A new tower that will rotate 360 degrees in seven days from its base - 55 degrees °Time Dubai - will be built in Dubai, a top official said.

"We will start mobilising for construction on August 8/8/08, complete the building on 10/10/10 and handover it on 11/11/11," Tav Singh, director of 360 degrees°Time World, the project's developer, told Gulf News in a phone interview from the UK, where the company is based.

"55d degreesº Time Dubai is a precision 'Timepiece Building' powered by the sun and scientific imagination, turning 360 degrees in seven days, and offering a 360-degree panoramic penthouse views from all apartments ensuring a new view of the city every day," he said.

Prices

Prices start at Dh6,000 per square foot.

The announcement comes just a week after architect David Fisher announced a Dh11 billion 80-storey tower in which all the floors will rotate at individual paces, re-shaping the building.

Apart from these, Dubai's High Rise Property announced a Rotating Tower to be built in Dubai.

Tav Singh said 55 degrees °Time Dubai will rotate from its base. "It will rotate at such a slow pace that people living there won't even notice the changes," he said.

"We are planning to build one such Timepiece Buildings in all 24 time zones of the world. But the Dubai one will be the first."

These buildings will all turn with the power of nature and in sync with the hour providing a 24-hour world time view in real time. These eco-friendly buildings are to be located and named by the planet's natural mathematical longitudinal line, the company said in a statement.

Publicity campaign

The developer has planned press conferences in New York, Prague, Moscow, Delhi, and Hong Kong.

In an earlier statement, Singh said: "Information will be given to explain the ethos of 360°Time World; on how the Timepiece Buildings are to be constructed and what they will bring, not only to the cities within which they are situated, but also to the world.

"The 360 degrees°Time World approach will explain how the buildings harness the power of nature, making them iconic, architecturally unique and eco and people friendly."
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10224547.html
Main website:
http://www.timeresidences.com/deb5/pre.html

The World's 1st turning timepiece building 55 time Dubai is ready to break ground.

Dubai, June 24th, 2008 (WAM) - Never before in the History of Architecture has a structure been designed to emerge, that moves in sync with the earth, sun and time.

Dubai, positioned on the 55 east longitude line, is a little more than just an exotic getaway situated on the North-eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. While residents and tourists experience temperatures that often soar to a melting 45 degrees C, "a new dimension to living is adding some cool to Dubai.

55 Time Dubai is a precision "Timepiece Building" powered by the sun and scientific imagination, turning 360 degree in 7 days, offering 360 degree panoramic penthouse views to all apartments providing a new view of the city every day.

55 degreeTime Dubai, the winner of the international CNBC award for best "High Rise" architecturally designed building of 2007, will be the first of 24 Timepiece Buildings to be constructed around the world all turning in complete synchronisation utilising unique rotation technology under licence from 360 degreeTime World.

The designs of the individual Timepiece Buildings will be the product of internationally renowned designers and architects incorporating the latest in eco friendly technology.

"Press conferences and releases, planned for New York, Prague, Moscow, Delhi, and Hong Kong, are being organised to enable the architectural vision and passion behind the Timepiece Buildings to be brought to the notice of the world. Information will be given to explain the ethos of 360?Time World?; on how the Timepiece Buildings are to be constructed and what they will bring, not only to the cities within which they are situated, but also to the world. The 360?Time World? approach will explain how the buildings harness the power of nature making them iconic, architecturally unique and eco and people friendly" says Tav Singh the Director of 360?Time World?.

55?Time Dubai? holds a Government of Dubai (RERA) approved development licence No. 2007/01/160. The developer together with "Meraas Holdings Limited" a newly established prominent entity in Dubai, are close to finalising a Joint Venture Agreement in respect of the development of the 55?Time Dubai? tower.

The engineering team, includes engineers: Nick Cooper of Bennett's Associates (Engineers UK), Glenn Howells concept Architects (UK), James Abbot of P&T construction Architects (Dubai), and the project is managed by Gautam Kulkarni KPMC (Dubai), who are to commence mobilisation by (8/8/8) and aim to complete the structure of 55? Time Dubai? (the world's first rotating timepiece building) (10/10/10). Hand over of apartments is expected by 11/11/11.

Source: Zawya

Buyckske Ruben no está en línea  
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #92
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

i think one is rotating independently for every floor and another is entirely rotating as one.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea  
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #93
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Exactly.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #94
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Anyone know of an image host that doesn't delete your images?
The render for the oasis beach tower is gone and it doesn't exist anywhere anymore!!
malec no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #95
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
The render for the oasis beach tower is gone and it doesn't exist anywhere anymore!!

www.bayimg.org

No guarantees though, but they wont delete images for hotlinking I think.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea  
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:31 PM   #96
Gonzalo90uy

Likes (Received): 2

Amazing photos!
Old August 17th, 2008, 04:11 AM   #97
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14078

great pics!!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea  
Old August 17th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #98
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
a bit small but at least a beginning

[IMG]http://i37.************/10r1x6w.jpg[/IMG]
ZZ-II no está en línea  
Old August 19th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #99
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

great job malec
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #100
Stephan23
Bonsai