SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MAHALAXMI | DB Turf View | 76 fl + 70 fl | Site Prep

68K views 156 replies 55 participants last post by  Smile_always 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
October 2010 Update: Hafeez Contractor has been roped in to design the project. It will consist of 2 towers (4 wings) of 70 storeys each. This is the new design:

Check page 3 for discussions on the latest design and construction updates

Orchid Turf View -- Mahalaxmi

DB Reality has become one of Mumbai's most prolific developers and are behind several of the Mumbai's tallest building proposals. Orchid Turf View is one of these.

Located right next to the famous Mahalaxmi Racecourse, Orchid Turf View will join several other 50+ story towers planned for former mill and chawl land nearby Mahalaxmi, several from DB Realty itself, and will soon be a part of the new skyline stretching from Mumbai Central to Bandra.

^ Location

The location of the building will command both visibility and will offer some great views of the Indian Ocean and the racecourse itself.

^ The building will offer some impressive views of Mumbai and the Mahalaxmi Racecourse

Especially in comparison many of the other capital projects coming up in Mumbai, Orchid Turf View isn't of radical design, but its clean lines and simple shape will make it an attractive, if not eyecatching, addition to the skyline. Of note is the swimming pools on every balcony.

DB Realty's website features a movie walkthrough of the project which showcases its interior and a couple outside views. Some screencaps:

Cheers,
Jai

See less See more
#10 ·
What's the matter with India no1, he firstly copy pastes old pictures to show his contribution, and secondly keeps spamming all over the place. I have signed up simply to convey my dis-satisfaction about such users. Hope the word 'update' can again mean--some interesting questions and some amazing pictures

#12 ·
I definitely agree...

and i had commented about this before... but some "smartass" replied me back saying "What is rattling your cage?" ...

Now I hope what I meant... and the pictures are old and have been posted here before..

#18 ·
I could count upto 42 floors.. maybe the podium is included when speaking of 47 floors.

#19 ·
going by DB realty's IPO prospectus, construction of this tower should have begun this month. The reason for delay was a string of litigations. Also, it looks like the project has been redesigned. The number of towers at the Shakti Mills site have been increased.

Orchid Turf View– Mahalaxmi, Mumbai

Orchid Turf View is located in Mahalaxmi, Mumbai. The project has a total Developable Area of 2,329,261 square feet with total estimated cost of Rs. 6,753.79 million. The total Saleable Area (residential) of this project (i.e. Company’s share) is approximately 1,483,685 square feet. The proposed development comprises of residential towers with high end residential apartments including duplex luxury apartments. The duplexes will include private pools and personal hydraulic elevators. The project will offer its residents a separate recreation centre with health clubs, a gymnasium, a swimming pool and modern design and interiors. This project is designed by Mandviwala Qutub & Associates. This project is expected to begin development in December 2009 and is expected to be completed by March 2013.

#28 ·
IndianGangsta - stop bumping threads and requesting for updates. If there's an update it'll be posted here. There's absolutely no reason why anyone would like to hide any project news on SSC.

As far as the project goes, DB realty seems to have put this on the backburner for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.