daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Chennai

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1261
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 2577

A small bridge near 100 ft road junction and Nappalayam bridge connect Toshiba with Chennai and Ennore Port. Nappalayam bridge work is going slow as road widening is prioritized and the small bridge was doubled just before inauguration...

Sponsored Links

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #1262
kannan infratech

Likes (Received): 6452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvin86 View Post
A small bridge near 100 ft road junction and Nappalayam bridge connect Toshiba with Chennai and Ennore Port. Nappalayam bridge work is going slow as road widening is prioritized and the small bridge was doubled just before inauguration...
The bridge across the back water has to be widened and strengthened to take the load of bigger lorries / trailers.

A new bridge will be better than repairing the old.
kannan infratech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1263
H Factor

Likes (Received): 102

Dear SSCians, tis issue is just a tip of the iceberg. Toshiba is a big ticket investment and there is lot of focus due to repeated investor delegation meeting with amma. Iduke inda nelamaiyna just imagine about other medium and small investors. SMEs kadi arogadidan. Looking at both dmk n admk rule, all I could say is that TN success is purely attributable to people and strong fundamentals. If it is not dmk, admk the growth could have been much faster. Aduvum madam aniyatukku vettipechu mattumdan. Pora kuraiku maribadiyum friend kuda senthutanga. Arogadidan.
H Factor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #1264
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Likes (Received): 3224

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Factor View Post
Looking at both dmk n admk rule, all I could say is that TN success is purely attributable to people and strong fundamentals. If it is not dmk, admk the growth could have been much faster. Aduvum madam aniyatukku vettipechu mattumdan. Pora kuraiku maribadiyum friend kuda senthutanga. Arogadidan.
Neriya unmai pesureenga....
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1265
kongutamizhan

Likes (Received): 2164

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Factor View Post
Looking at both dmk n admk rule, all I could say is that TN success is purely attributable to people and strong fundamentals. If it is not dmk, admk the growth could have been much faster. Aduvum madam aniyatukku vettipechu mattumdan. Pora kuraiku maribadiyum friend kuda senthutanga. Arogadidan.
Huge +1
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:30 AM   #1266
Vicvin86

Likes (Received): 2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan infratech View Post
The bridge across the back water has to be widened and strengthened to take the load of bigger lorries / trailers.

A new bridge will be better than repairing the old.
it is wide now.. The newly constructed bridge is open for traffic.. The image in Google is old.. The road is four lane till Toshiba and only problem is Nappalayam bridge..
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #1267
RajBang

Likes (Received): 0

Meet gives push to infrastructure projects

To give a push to infrastructural projects in and around Chennai, a high-level meeting headed by Prime Minister's adviser T.K.A. Nair was held here on Wednesday.

He, along with the officials of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka governments, National Highways Authority of India , Chennai, and Ennore ports, reviewed the progress regarding the Chennai Bangalore Industrial Corridor , Ennore-Manali Road Improvement Project and Chennai Port - Maduravoyal elevated link road project and new rail alignment from Chennai to Bangalore.

This is the second visit of Mr. Nair to Chennai since November 28, 2011. Last time, he was in the city based on a request from Japanese investors, who sought better infrastructural facilities. Mr. Nair He inspected all the three ports in the city, learned about the ongoing projects and the hardship faced by the trade.

Talking to The Hindu, a top official said “Mr. Nair is keen that all these projects are taken up and completed in time. The new rail alignment is mainly aimed at helping the trade by connecting it with the Ennore port. It will also run through a different alignment and would be shorter than the existing bus route. The Chennai Port officials also sought third and fourth rail alignment to take care of future needs.”

In this port-maduravoyal link is also mentioned. that means whether the work is going on or it is stopped???
RajBang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #1268
ferrari_fan
Forza!

Likes (Received): 266

Kannan sir: A little pruning please before this turns ugly..
ferrari_fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #1269
TShyam

Likes (Received): 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan View Post
Kannan sir: A little pruning please before this turns ugly..
+1. Elevated expressway thread maathiriye illa. Discussions thread ku transfer pannidunga.
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #1270
R2IChennai
R2IChennai

Likes (Received): 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaswamy View Post
Alright,, you can keep your views...
It looks you have selectively taken some of the lines. i just quote an example,how poor girls were given free education in 70s, 80s by quoting my mother and the standard of teaching. late 90s, standard of teaching in Govt school went down due to poor mismanagement by Education department and their ministers.
am also from middle class only and did my education in 80s and 90s.
most of my friends including myself are from govt school/govt aided schools only... I have seen most of the people going to anna university, BITS , medical etc....
unfortunately during MGr period those were not there..only buses were there. He ensured that TNSTC is giving brilliant service.
I am from delta only. most of the roads are double lane that time only. the running hour in bus between TJ-TPJ is same for 25 yrs. TJ-KMU remain same for 25 yrs.. so where is the improvement?
if you think metro, mono, skyscrapers and 4 laning are growth of life, i do not want to drag it further.
IPL i told on sarcastic way
I am from Mayiladuthurai (My parents) it too 9 hrs 10 hrs to travel there from chennai, Buses were better than AP because we managed
But Roads were pathetic in Delta in 80's My village never had a road until 1996!!, We had to man road maruti 800 will not go so we had to leave it in town take ambasador taxi.

Your Mom probably went to school in 60s or 70s, not in 80s. Almost all the IAS officers or even IIT engineers or top banking officers came from govt school because the quality was better there were very few private schools. Private schools started mushrooming only after 80s.
R2IChennai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #1271
Leo_r
Amatuer Astronomer

Likes (Received): 60

Decision on NHAI elevated link soon

Quote:
This would lead to flooding during the monsoon when the rainwater discharge swells to 25,000 cubic feet per second (cusecs). Of the 14 km planned, the project has progressed to four km so far. Deviations at two points – Spurtank Road and College Road – were discussed at the meeting. The width of the river varies from 50 m to 75 m in various stretches.

A decision on the project will be taken in a few days after reviewing the documents and drawings to be produced by NHAI. The documents will have details about the approval of work area and the river width.

Sources in NHAI said that there was no deviation from the original alignment. No construction has come up on the river bed.

In some stretches, there were no proper demarcations of the river bank. This may perhaps have given an impression that the alignment had moved away from its approved route, they said.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle3301945.ece
Leo_r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #1272
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_r View Post
Decision on NHAI elevated link soon
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle3301945.ece
Decision on Telangana likely soon: Union minister
"இது தானா உங்க டக்கு?" (karunas dialogue from "Villan" movie")
name 1 problem that is solved by UPA II? or atleast "decision" taken by UPA II.

Last edited by krishnaswamy; April 11th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
krishnaswamy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #1273
krishnaswamy
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2IChennai View Post
I am from Mayiladuthurai (My parents) it too 9 hrs 10 hrs to travel there from chennai, Buses were better than AP because we managed
But Roads were pathetic in Delta in 80's My village never had a road until 1996!!, We had to man road maruti 800 will not go so we had to leave it in town take ambasador taxi.

Your Mom probably went to school in 60s or 70s, not in 80s. Almost all the IAS officers or even IIT engineers or top banking officers came from govt school because the quality was better there were very few private schools. Private schools started mushrooming only after 80s.
Sir, still my wife's Village near MV does not have proper road. But 70's start pannina town bus service is still running.
Still my native village does not have road. but we have 2 buses from late 70s.
Still there are lot of people are crossing the river to go to school. oru bridge kooda katta mudiyale."Neelatha nallur" bridge ippo than katirukkanga...
Old April 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #1274
karkal

Likes (Received): 6891

Elevated corridor: State asks NHAI for 'technical justification' on alignment

Quote:
Issue of non-maintenance of grade separators also raised at high-level meeting

The State government has sought a “technical justification” from the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) for the alignment it has proposed for the Rs. 1,815-crore Chennai Port–Maduravoyal elevated link road project, which has been put on hold at present.

Sources in NHAI said the State government had conveyed this during a high-level meeting of officials that included Chief Secretary Debendranath Sarangi and Secretary, Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, A.K. Upadhyay, on Wednesday.

“The State government has asked us to give a technical justification, based on which they said they would consider (giving a go-ahead to the stalled project). Their response was positive,” said a source in the NHAI.

The Water Resources Department (WRD) had, through a letter dated March 29, directed NHAI to stop work on the elevated road project that runs along the river Cooum.

The WRD had said that during an inspection, it was found that pile caps constructed for the project obstructed the free flow of water in the Cooum. It was also found that the alignment of the elevated road was not along the bank of the river, but on the waterway itself.

Following this, Mr. Upadhyay had written to the State government, seeking to convene a high-level committee to discuss the issue. He also said there was no change in the original alignment and that Rs. 500 crore had already been spent.

During the meeting, the State government raised other NHAI issues, including non-maintenance of grade separators at Kathipara, Padi and Koyambedu. The NHAI owns these grade separators but is unable to maintain them as it does not have a maintenance wing. It has been requesting that these facilities be handed over to the State Highways Department for maintenance.

The issue of NHAI not appointing concessionaires for around 700 km of roads that are being widened in the State and high toll fees collected by it were also taken up. The NHAI is presently widening around 1,500 km of roads in the State. Sources said the NHAI had asked the State government to speed up the process of granting permission to extract blue metal, sand and earth.
karkal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #1275
karkal

Tamil Nadu insists NHAI must correct port expressway alignment

SRC : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/12874674.cms
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1276
jayaraj100
Jayaraj100

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkal View Post

Tamil Nadu insists NHAI must correct port expressway alignment

SRC : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/12874674.cms
I thought the project is shelved or it will go for re-alignment.

But Upadhyay (Elevated construction team?) says in the bank it is getting constructed, we will resolve the issue and continue(?) project.

PWD says alignment should be on bank not in the middle...

Looks like... there will be some agreement (something like "only those two pillars will be removed OR realign Coovam". This will be declared as separate project. No impact to current alignment of road...)... and resume...

I thought Coovam will be saved... looks like... I am affraid it is not... mmm...
jayaraj100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #1277
iniyachennai

Likes (Received): 56

This project also in Jayas Radar along with Library, Assembly Hall and Metro Phase II so don't worry construction will not happen well done Jaya government.
iniyachennai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #1278
natarajan1986
social member

Likes (Received): 611

building new projects is tough so stopping is the easier one which she mastered
natarajan1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #1279
karkal

yes....the way she stopped KKNP

Last edited by karkal; April 27th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #1280
pg.preeth
Preeth

Likes (Received): 0

Port expressway may be delayed by a yr

Source : http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

Work on the project has come to a halt

Quote:
Chennai: The uncertainty over the Chennai Port-Maduravoyal elevated road project is not likely to end anytime soon with the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) countering the state government’s argument that there were deviations in the project’s alignment. The development, after two months of stoppage, point to a further delay and if the bottlenecks are not cleared before the monsoon, the project could be delayed by another year.
On March 29, the state government’s water resources department asked the NHAI to stop work on the Rs1,815-crore project, after it reportedly found that the project had obstructed the free flow of water in the Cooum.
Work on the 18.3-km expressway, envisaged to become the lifeline of the Chennai port, was designed to connect the port and Maduravoyal, which provides a link to the industrial corridor. Almost 30% of the project had been completed and Rs 500 crore spent when the state government stepped in and stopped the project.
The letter from the government to the NHAI in March said there were major deviations in the alignment of the project at Spur Tank Road and downstream of the Choolaimedu bridge. But sources in the NHAI clarified that their latest surveys were not in agreement with any of the allegations. “Our survey found no such deviations. Allegations that the elevated road is being built on the waterway are also wrong,” the sources said.
According to NHAI, the project was stopped during the best season for construction. “A single day’s delay costs several lakhs of rupees. Completion of the project can be delayed by a year if we can’t sort out the issues before the monsoon,” said the official, adding that work along the Cooum banks was not possible during the rains.
NHAI chief general manager I G Reddy said, “We will answer all the queries in a few days. No deviations in the alignment have been found.”
pg.preeth no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: