daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Favorite Skyline of Highrises?
Barcelona (Spain) 22 2.95%
Mardrid (Spain) 37 4.96%
Paris (France) 143 19.17%
London (England) 71 9.52%
Birmingham (England) 8 1.07%
Liverpool (England) 53 7.10%
Amsterdam (Netherlands) 15 2.01%
Wien (Austria) 3 0.40%
Frankfurt am Main (Germany) 241 32.31%
Essen (Germany) 2 0.27%
Cologne (Germany) 2 0.27%
Berlin (Germany) 8 1.07%
Warsaw (Poland) 141 18.90%
Voters: 746. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #61
Ged
If I come back my ISP will be contacted

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogging Molly View Post
and 36 votes for Scouseland. Common liverpudlians! Lets be realistic! You cant seriously have the balls to vote your skyline ahead of La Defense, Warsaw Frankfurt, London, Rotterdam etc etc

Really,is there any need for the slagging of Liverpool people ?..its only a silly comp my friend..no need for the "personal" now eh..eh..calm down.

Ohhhhhhhh Brummie I see are you..says it all,doesn't it.
(Best of luck by the way..its about time Birmingham actually won something. )

F,nell...Birmingham will be getting relegated the way things are going...your should be used to that now though...know worra mean like kidder..

Last edited by Ged; May 15th, 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Ged no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #62
yoshef
likes beer

Likes (Received): 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post

F,nell...Birmingham will be getting relegated the way things are going...your should be used to that now though...know worra mean like kidder..
its worse than that m8, hes a wolves fan, owned by steve morgan, who is from... guess?
yoshef no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #63
Telfordboy
Fus-Ro-Dah!

Likes (Received): 838

Frankfurt Paris and Warsaw are very impressive and easily the best in Europe imo.
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #64
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshef View Post
your constant whinging and moaning is embarrasing, and by far the most tedious thing on these forums.
LMAO. What the hell are you on about? Because I have a dig at the ridiculous voting off Liverpudlians on this thread you try and say I moan alot? Jesus. Your bias oppinions are the matter of strong condemnation across the UK forums so I'll settle for being a moaner about specific things such as all Liverpudlians voting for Liverpool even though its quite obvious it has nothing compared to Paris, London, Frrankfurt, Rotterdam, Warsaw and co! Maybe you could explain your reasons as to why you think Liverpool has such a great skyline to rank it No 1 in Europe
Flogging Molly no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #65
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Quote:
its worse than that m8, hes a wolves fan, owned by steve morgan, who is from... guess?
How old are you? Please use proper language! Its not a case off belittling Liverpool. Its a case of being realistic! Its rather sad that many of you here cant REALISTICALLY claim another city has a better skyline than Pool that you have to vote it number 1 in Europe! Come On! Its silly!

And yes. Great. Steve Morgan is a Scouser and Owns Wolves!? And ...???

Does that make Liverpools skyline grow a 100m? and add considerable density to it?
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #66
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post
Really,is there any need for the slagging of Liverpool people ?..its only a silly comp my friend..no need for the "personal" now eh..eh..calm down.
Slagging it off? Nobodys slagging it off, just putting the whole scenerio into perspective!

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhh Brummie I see are you..says it all,doesn't it.
(Best of luck by the way..its about time Birmingham actually won something. )
Yes great. Grown up I see.

Quote:
Get relegated from what? However shame about Birmingham Citys relegation though but Im sure they will come back stronger next season! They need a bit more investment though.
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #67
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

1. Frankfurt
2. Rotterdam
3. Warsaw
4. Paris
isaidso no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #68
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfordboy View Post
Frankfurt Paris and Warsaw are very impressive and easily the best in Europe imo.
Hold on to your hat Telford! Yoshef might dish out some scouser witch craft on you now! I've already recieved some! My Mocha just spilled all over a very important document.
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #69
Flogging Molly
BANNED

I love Bendiroms skyline, but as i've never been cant really get a full scope of its architectural qualities which seems to be quite poor in pictures which is why I lower it below alot of the other cities.
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #70
Telfordboy
Fus-Ro-Dah!

Likes (Received): 838

Quote:
Hold on to your hat Telford! Yoshef might dish out some scouser witch craft on you now! I've already recieved some! My Mocha just spilled all over a very important document.
I don't believe in witch craft, I'll be okay
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #71
Bay City
In the brig

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
There used to be a massive link there between the two cities. Shanghai's waterfront Customs House is very similar to the Royal Liver Building, which predates it by some 20 years, and the building next to it looks remarkably similar to the Port of Liverpool building.

Shanghai:-
image hosted on flickr

Liverpool:-
image hosted on flickr
Shanghai is twinned with Liverpool. Their waterfront was copied from Liverpool. There is a large photo in the Shanghai Custom Building of Liverpool's waterfront.

Liverpool is building the tall Shanghai Tower in the middle of Princes Dock with joint finance from Shanghai.
Bay City no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #72
yoshef
likes beer

Quote:
well he never knocked or belittled any of the other cities' skylines, as you have done here and in the city forum thread, over multiple posts, again and again.

Why you feel the need to spread your disagreement out over multiple posts is beyond me? Can't you just leave it in one post, like van heckler did earlier on in the thread. It's like your having a conversation with yourself, and find yourself agreeing, as nobody has posted between your posts. Your disaproval can then be noted (and subsequently ignored! )

yoshef no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #73
yoshef
likes beer

Quote:
I love Bendiroms skyline, but as i've never been cant really get a full scope of its architectural qualities which seems to be quite poor in pictures which is why I lower it below alot of the other cities.
close up it consists mostly of slender, cheap looking towers, with lots of balconies. Maybe im a snob but to me they look worse than council blocks up close.. It looks a thousand times better at night IMO

heres a picture from flickr by maninas

image hosted on flickr
yoshef no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #74
Villiers Terrace
I caught a falling star

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Oh dear. People have been fooled by Liverpool! I've looked at that view for the last god knows how many years. Its got to be the most tedius vantage point on these forums. ANywhere else and the skyline is non existant unless you view it from a hill. I qualify skylines on its views 360 degrees. Not 180. And because of that Liverpool would'nt even make it into my top 5 let alone number 1. Manchester and Birmingham are significantly better and London trounces all 3 off them within the UK alone. Rotterdam is 20 times better then all the UK provincial cities and Warsaw shits all over us. Dont even get me started on Paris and Frankfurt.

Embarassing.
Manchester and Birmingham?! Better than Liverpool's??!

You've got to be on some pretty heavy meds to see that one. Or on a goad.

"Manchester", "Birmingham"!!!!

Ok- Warsaw: looks interesting from that specific angle at the edge of the grid in which all those towers are, however the only tower of any interest at all is the old Commie one- without which, it's basically Bury New Town.

Last edited by Villiers Terrace; May 15th, 2008 at 02:07 PM.
Villiers Terrace no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #75
Villiers Terrace
I caught a falling star

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
They need a bit more investment though.
Bit like Birmingham's God awful cityscape really.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #76
AMS guy
hipp-E

Skylines of Liverpool and Birmingham look surprisingly good to me.

Vienna by Norbb

Amsterdam by Mojito

Rotterdam by skyscrapercitizien.

Paris with tour AXA upgraded

Warsaw
image hosted on flickr

AMS guy está en línea ahora  
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #77
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Quote:
well he never knocked or belittled any of the other cities' skylines, as you have done here and in the city forum thread, over multiple posts, again and again.
Proof? Evidence? I never knock! Categorically state that unless its a dig at Wiggley then ssometimes I included Leeds. Maybe your mistaken for my defence of Birmingham which is so often ridiculed by many just to imporve ego's of other city residents, which I think its fair to say we all do. Infact. Birmingham has the least protaganist set of forumers within the UK sub as a whole.

[quote]Why you feel the need to spread your disagreement out over multiple posts is beyond me? [quote]

Err what are you on about? I reposted again as I was shocked to see after I voted and written my original reply Liverpool had scored 36 votes 1 less then Frankfurt and double that off any other city.

Quote:
Can't you just leave it in one post, like van heckler did earlier on in the thread.
I would've, like I normally do, but again You feel the need to be childish! Very Wiggleyesque.

Quote:
It's like your having a conversation with yourself,
Not quite, The tenses and sporadic randomness is not quite correct for a conversation with oneself. Not to mention speaking directly to a set of people is again pretty obviouslly a conversation with others, which is why you choose to reply

Quote:
and find yourself agreeing, as nobody has posted between your posts.
And agreeing? How can you agree with two different questions? You find me an answer to that and i'll slap my willy and call it Yoshef.

Quote:
Your disaproval can then be noted (and subsequently ignored! )
Good. And about bloody time. It would've save me the hassle of replying to your last half dozen posts.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #78
Flogging Molly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiers Terrace View Post
Bit like Birmingham's God awful cityscape really.
Our cityscape is improving rapidly! Still along way to go though.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #79
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay City View Post
Shanghai is twinned with Liverpool. Their waterfront was copied from Liverpool. There is a large photo in the Shanghai Custom Building of Liverpool's waterfront.

Liverpool is building the tall Shanghai Tower in the middle of Princes Dock with joint finance from Shanghai.
The Chinese surely know how to copy stuff

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #80
yoshef
likes beer

[QUOTE=Flogging Molly;20704129]Proof? Evidence? I never knock! Categorically state that unless its a dig at Wiggley then ssometimes I included Leeds. Maybe your mistaken for my defence of Birmingham which is so often ridiculed by many just to imporve ego's of other city residents, which I think its fair to say we all do. Infact. Birmingham has the least protaganist set of forumers within the UK sub as a whole.

[quote]Why you feel the need to spread your disagreement out over multiple posts is beyond me?
Quote:

Err what are you on about? I reposted again as I was shocked to see after I voted and written my original reply Liverpool had scored 36 votes 1 less then Frankfurt and double that off any other city.

I would've, like I normally do, but again You feel the need to be childish! Very Wiggleyesque.

Not quite, The tenses and sporadic randomness is not quite correct for a conversation with oneself. Not to mention speaking directly to a set of people is again pretty obviouslly a conversation with others, which is why you choose to reply

And agreeing? How can you agree with two different questions? You find me an answer to that and i'll slap my willy and call it Yoshef.

Good. And about bloody time. It would've save me the hassle of replying to your last half dozen posts.

Quote:
Nah! Liverpool would win best present skylittlebit. but not best present skyLINE.
I'll be honest with you m8 i just can't be arsed trawling threads to find more of the same old tedius "liverpool has restricted views", "its not 180 degrees", "its only got one view" etc... . Judging by the utter shock you've displayed in your initial 5 or 6 posts, you'd think somebody had just rammed a finger up your arse. ffs chill out man!
yoshef no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
benidorm, europe, european union, frankfurt, paris, warsaw