daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM   #41
Gioven
Paduan User
 
Gioven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Padova
Posts: 2,616
Likes (Received): 183

..................
Gioven no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM   #42
Gioven
Paduan User
 
Gioven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Padova
Posts: 2,616
Likes (Received): 183

MISCELLANY - Part 2

San Frediano

[IMG]http://i30.************/rwj7g7.jpg[/IMG]

The Arno River

[IMG]http://i29.************/24pytfc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i28.************/chpxl.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i31.************/2i7wlyr.jpg[/IMG]

Dante's house

[IMG]http://i30.************/ji0qyp.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Gioven; December 27th, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
Gioven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM   #43
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 44,259
Likes (Received): 59676

Stunning tour through the greatest city of renaissance! Firenze is just one of a kind. Mille grazie!

But I think the city should take more care of his cultural/architectural heritage. It's sad to see so many fantastic buildings just rotting... I've been there on my last Italia trip and was nearly shocked by the current state of the city - and amazed by it's quaint beauty at the same time.

You really captured the citys' atmosphere pretty well! What cam do you use?
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:52 PM   #44
Gioven
Paduan User
 
Gioven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Padova
Posts: 2,616
Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
Stunning tour through the greatest city of renaissance! Firenze is just one of a kind. Mille grazie!

But I think the city should take more care of his cultural/architectural heritage. It's sad to see so many fantastic buildings just rotting... I've been there on my last Italia trip and was nearly shocked by the current state of the city - and amazed by it's quaint beauty at the same time.

You really captured the citys' atmosphere pretty well! What cam do you use?
Thank you!

I think my pics don't show any rotting building or monument... there are many in not so good conditions, but you have to consider that every Italian city has a big heritage, and Florence, like Rome or Venice, only to mention the most important from the artistic point of view, has more buildings, churches, monuments, than any other city in the world. Restoring an old building is very expensive, so huge resources are necessary to take care of the city.

My camera is a Canon PowerShot SX100

Last edited by Gioven; May 22nd, 2008 at 12:05 AM.
Gioven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:07 AM   #45
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 44,259
Likes (Received): 59676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioven View Post
To restore an old building is very expensive.
I know. I did it myself, you have to put loads of efforts and money into it if you want to see good results. Of course that's dependent on the structural condition of the building itself.

And I know that Italy has loads of heritage buildings. But it could do a better job on renovation, in some way it seems nobody cares 'bout all the old structures. That's of course not true, but it'd be great to see heavier endeavors regarding renovation

I mean... Just take a look at the Ponte Vecchio. Should we sent you some paint buckets?
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:50 AM   #46
Nicux
Back. Stronger.
 
Nicux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Milan-Madrid-Glasgow
Posts: 2,447
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbsenzaehler View Post
I know. I did it myself, you have to put loads of efforts and money into it if you want to see good results. Of course that's dependent on the structural condition of the building itself.

And I know that Italy has loads of heritage buildings. But it could do a better job on renovation, in some way it seems nobody cares 'bout all the old structures. That's of course not true, but it'd be great to see heavier endeavors regarding renovation

I mean... Just take a look at the Ponte Vecchio. Should we sent you some paint buckets?
By your sentence I can tell that you think what you're saying is funny but... nope!

A completely restored Ponte Vecchio would be meaningless. The pastel tones given by the humidity of the Arno river are unique.

Don't you think that the privates owning the apartments or shops on the Ponte Vecchio are poor people.

I guess that most of us would have to sell illegaly one of the kidneys to actually afford the costs of housing on the Ponte Vecchio.

I've been once inside one of those, trust me, there's no trace of degradation!
__________________
Dientes, dientes. Eso es lo que les jode.
Nicux no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:56 AM   #47
Shezan
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The 80s
Posts: 16,216
Likes (Received): 593

absolutely stunning!!!
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:09 AM   #48
Gioven
Paduan User
 
Gioven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Padova
Posts: 2,616
Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicux View Post
By your sentence I can tell that you think what you're saying is funny but... nope!

A completely restored Ponte Vecchio would be meaningless. The pastel tones given by the humidity of the Arno river are unique.

Don't you think that the privates owning the apartments or shops on the Ponte Vecchio are poor people.

I guess that most of us would have to sell illegaly one of the kidneys to actually afford the costs of housing on the Ponte Vecchio.

I've been once inside one of those, trust me, there's no trace of degradation!

Aren't these frescos well preserved?
And they are some centuries old...


[IMG]http://i27.************/28soe28.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i29.************/6fz1gl.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i25.************/sbljdd.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i31.************/2yvmk2b.jpg[/IMG]
Gioven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM   #49
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,438
Likes (Received): 612

Lovely Firenze, I only got to see the train station but I loved what I saw from the train. I think the real name Firenze sounds much better than Florence.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM   #50
Gioven
Paduan User
 
Gioven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Padova
Posts: 2,616
Likes (Received): 183

POSTCARDS FROM FLORENCE

[IMG]http://i27.************/25kr9xf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/2m4zo6b.jpg[/IMG]
Gioven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM   #51
Justme
Gotta lite?
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Manchester (Forecast: Rain)
Posts: 4,952
Likes (Received): 780

I have to admit, Florence never inspires me in photographs. Maybe it's when I see images of the river. The river banks always seem so unkept, untidy and undeveloped to me. Weeds and scrubs, unpaved or poorly patched roads etc. It seems no care has even been taken with this riverfrontage.

[IMG]http://i25.************/24cz8ly.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/n6p89f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i31.************/2lstcmb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i32.************/v78pe0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i26.************/2pt5h06.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
I'm doing my bit to save bandwidth by deleting my signature
Justme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:29 AM   #52
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao
 
Svartmetall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 14,077
Likes (Received): 8831

Excellent shots of a truely beautiful city. Thanks for all the effort you've put in.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 08:48 PM   #53
dmode_man
dmode_man
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rijeka, Pećine
Posts: 176
Likes (Received): 1

I ve been there two weeks ago...I just can say that so much beuty in one place I ve never seen before. beautiful pics!!!
dmode_man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:38 PM   #54
Bristol Mike
Rain + Cold = England
 
Bristol Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bristol
Posts: 5,305
Likes (Received): 2373

Fantastic shots, I love that bridge across the river with the buildings on either side of the travel way - reminds me of the Pulteney Bridge in Bath.
Bristol Mike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #55
IRVINGMUSIC
IRVINGMUSIC
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LIMA
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

WAWWWWWWWW IMPRESIONANTEE YA QUISIERA VIAJAR A FLORENCIA... GRACIAS POR LAS FOTOSSS
IRVINGMUSIC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #56
christos-greece
Moderator!
 
christos-greece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 176,932
Likes (Received): 244735

Absolutely awesome and gorgeous
__________________
Urban Showcase: Athens Kalamata Trikala Thessaloniki
Cityscapes: Paris Barcelona Dubai, U.A.E. Monte Carlo, Monaco
General photography: Castles of France - Chateau de France and, since May of '08: Greece!
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium