daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

AJMAN | Manara Ajman | 95 fl | App ‎

just started in Ajman as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post
Al Barakah to build Ajman's tallest tower
Staff Report
Published: May 19, 2008, 00:16

[IMG]http://i29.************/26240pd.jpg[/IMG]

Dubai: Al Barakah Group, the Dubai-based real estate group with a strong presence in all the segments of the real estate value-chain and a project portfolio of more than Dh8 billion, on Sunday announced 'Manara Ajman' the tallest tower in Ajman.

This 95-storey tower is a part of the Dh4 billion mixed-used development in Marmooka City, which is being developed by Al Barakah group. While Manara Ajman (or 'Lighthouse of Ajman' in Arabic) certainly adds an interesting vertical dimension to Ajman's skyline, the actual height of the tower has not yet been revealed.

Manara Ajman would be part of a larger multi-towered project - The Crest. The Crest would offer free-hold residential, commercial and retail space along with modern leisure, lifestyle, well-being, entertainment and fine dining opportunities.

"The Crest is Al Barakah's most ambitious project till date and an iconic development in itself that gives Ajman its first ever tall tower- Manara Ajman. While Manara Ajman adds a distinct advantage to the project, the other USP of the project is most certainly its location as the gateway to Marmooka City," said Imran Khan, CEO of Al Barakah

In addition to Manara Ajman, the 6 million square feet development would include four other towers-Burj Royale, Burj Regal, Burj Monarch, and Burj Regent.

The Burj Regent and the Burj Monarch will share a common podium that would incorporate diverse retail opportunities spread over an area of 1 million square foot with a dedicated car park for the retail section.

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Rea.../10214290.html
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Imre
Dubai

Al Barakah to build Ajman's tallest tower

by Lynne Roberts on Monday, 19 May 2008

AJMAN’S TALLEST: The 95-storey ‘Manara Ajman’ will form part of a four billion dirham development covering six million square feet.Al Barakah is to build what will be the tallest tower in Ajman as part of a development worth 4 billion dirhams ($1.1 billion) in Marmooka City, it announced on Sunday.

The 95-storey tower will form part of ‘The Crest’, a mixed-used development including residential, commercial and retail space, the Dubai-based real estate group said in a statement.

‘Manara Ajman’, the height of which has not yet been revealed, will sit alongside four other towers - Burj Royale, Burj Regal, Burj Monarch and Burj Regent - which together cover a total of six million square feet.

Scheduled for completion in 2012, the project was designed by Primatec International, with Adnan Saffarini appointed as lead architects.

Al Barakah CEO Imran Khan said the development was the group’s most ambitious project to date, and “an iconic development in itself that gives Ajman its first ever tall tower”.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/51962...st-tower?ln=en
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #3
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

thx for the Thread imre, wonderful project as always
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #4
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 55

i can't belive my eyes lol ... strong step from AJMAN toward tallest towers
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #5
sidler2

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybonita View Post
i can't belive my eyes lol ... strong step from AJMAN toward tallest towers
It really is amazing how far Ajman has come in the last 12months. I have a feeling this could be the first of many supertalls over the next couple of years.
sidler2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #6
fettekatz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Ajman?
fettekatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #7
The-King

Likes (Received): 742

that's a small city in the UAE, near Dubai, fettekatz!
The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #8
fettekatz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-King View Post
that's a small city in the UAE, near Dubai, fettekatz!

thx... I just wikied it... sorry for being so blonde

so it seems that the smaller Emirates want to challenge the hands-down favorite?
fettekatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #9
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Good project for Ajman. Let's hope for more
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #10
The-King

Likes (Received): 742

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettekatz View Post
thx... I just wikied it... sorry for being so blonde

so it seems that the smaller Emirates want to challenge the hands-down favorite?
yes definitely, at leats Ajman wants to become the third emirate with a supertall after Dubai and Abu Dhabi. If the pic in your avatar is a pic from you you are a little bit blonde so that would be okay just kidding!
The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #11
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I think the status should be changed to PROPOSED.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #12
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

The UAE is going to be a true desert paradise.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #13
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Great for Ajman! ... I think....

The whole gulf area is becoming one filled with metropolises and skyscraper centered cities... its nothing really innovative, but good anyway, if you like skyscrapers.

On a second thought, many of these cities are relatively new, development wise, so it is probably a good idea what is going on, it will be important facilities.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #14
potipoti
El de los aurones

Likes (Received): 13256

incredible buildings, thanks for the info Imre
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #15
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

Are there any highrises in Ajman?
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #16
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 59

Well looking at emporis, it seems that there aren't many completed highrises right now. According to emporis (which I don't always trust) the tallest building in Ajman is 16 stories. But there are a ton of proposed, approved, and under construction highrises ranging from 30-around 50 stories so it should start filling up soon.
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #17
Imre
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post
Are there any highrises in Ajman?
new Ajman developments , like Emirates City, Marmooka City, Awali City, Aqua City, Humaid City, Hamdan City.. etc... going to be more than 500 towers with different floors...
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #18
Bonnani
The Don

There are around 5 mil people in all of the UAE according to wikipedia. I cannot imagine how many people must move or migrate to UAE if they want to fill all of the buildings constructed in the emirates. And all the people surely have to have a bunch of money to buy apartments or rent offices in such high class buildings. It`s like they must tripple the number of inhabitants of UAE to fill all of the buildings. Is it for real?
Bonnani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #19
sidler2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnani View Post
There are around 5 mil people in all of the UAE according to wikipedia. I cannot imagine how many people must move or migrate to UAE if they want to fill all of the buildings constructed in the emirates. And all the people surely have to have a bunch of money to buy apartments or rent offices in such high class buildings. It`s like they must tripple the number of inhabitants of UAE to fill all of the buildings. Is it for real?
Yeah its for real. The UAE pop grew by 250,000 over the past 4 years and is expected to grow by 400,000 per year until 2011. 400,000 people = a lot of development.

I found this great report about Ajman http://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/p...asp?country=63 it says the population is currently growing at 18% which is simply amazing.
sidler2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:01 PM   #20
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Koeweit end Jordanië the hole middle east is booming non stop!

a new super project unveild...
the hole project:
Ajman unveils AED 220 billion coastal city
link en pics: http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20080501101847
With al lot of tall buildings!

back to project...
Al Barakah to build Ajman's tallest tower.

by Lynne Roberts on Monday, 19 May 2008
AJMAN’S TALLEST: The 95-storey ‘Manara Ajman’ will form part of a four billion dirham development covering six million square feet.Al Barakah is to build what will be the tallest tower in Ajman as part of a development worth 4 billion dirhams ($1.1 billion) in Marmooka City, it announced on Sunday.

The 95-storey tower will form part of ‘The Crest’, a mixed-used development including residential, commercial and retail space, the Dubai-based real estate group said in a statement.

‘Manara Ajman’, the height of which has not yet been revealed, will sit alongside four other towers - Burj Royale, Burj Regal, Burj Monarch and Burj Regent - which together cover a total of six million square feet.

Scheduled for completion in 2012, the project was designed by Primatec International, with Adnan Saffarini appointed as lead architects.

Al Barakah CEO Imran Khan said the development was the group’s most ambitious project to date, and “an iconic development in itself that gives Ajman its first ever tall tower”.
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote