daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > About the forums

About the forums » testing | archive

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #21
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Likes (Received): 2996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkeb View Post
^True, no other continent is chopped up into regions. Most, if not all countries on other continents have the own sub forums. Some countries have their own Forums with sub froums fro their individual cities. Why should africans be bundled into one SUBforum? No discrimination my ass. Africa might not have the internet access like others, but it doesnt mean that nothing is happening in Africa and that africans are less interested in world affairs.

its simply a matter of number of posts and forumers.

how many forumers African countries have? Post the numbers here.

look what the Uruguayan guy said. They were required to have 45 thousand ontopic posts.

the WHOLE General African section has only 45 thousand posts only!!!

you complain about your projects section being overcrowded with Nigerian threads. Well, I just looked at it and it does not seems overcrowded. Quite the contrary. There are only 157 threads! The brazilian projects forum has over 5000 threads!

so grow up. Its not discrimination. It just happens the African forum is quite empty, and its not worth to divide it. Maybe ONE divison... a forum only for Nigeria. Thats all.

ps: now, the Jordanian forum seems like a waste... only 1500 posts...

Last edited by AcesHigh; May 29th, 2008 at 07:38 AM.
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 29th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #22
Xusein
Xornimo

Likes (Received): 3451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Soy El Super-YO! View Post
What I find kind of strange is that countries like Jordan have their own subforums with 3.000 posts (off topic included), considering that Uruguay was required to have 45.000 on topic posts in order to get the same privilege.
45 thousand posts? If that was the case, then a lot of countries should have not gotten their own subforums.
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:43 AM   #23
Intoxication
Everythin bubble of water

Likes (Received): 8050

Its not discrimination! 10ROT even made a map, colouring in the countries, which don't even have 1 single member here on SSC:

Sub Saharan Africa & Central Asia stood out!

It depends on loads of things, such as the number of members & their activity, the numbers of projects & their activity etc etc.

Intoxication no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #24
Tbite
Expert

We've been to the mods on countless occasions, explaining clearly why we should have more Sub-forums.

This is just creating awareness, as our arguments have not even been considered.

Thats exactly why we are not asking for forums for every country etc. There is a lot of activity going on in a lot of countries, and their economies are booming. The forum itself has grown a lot and we now have a lot of members from some countries that should now have forums. This is the criteria!

Where does Malawi and Somalia come in?? when we are speaking of countries with double digit economic growth like Sudan and Angola. The economic growth for Sub Saharan Africa is twice that of the rest of the world.

You have a lot of developments in Tunisia, Angola, Nigeria, Algeria, Sudan and this is the point we are tying to get across.

We have a lot of Nigerian forumers for example, more than enough, and this number will rise even more if we have an adequate forum!

Last edited by Tbite; May 29th, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
Tbite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #25
Intoxication

Yeah I know all of what you have written and you guys have my support! All I'm saying is that there is point in playing the "discrimination" card, thats all! I hate it when people do that!
Old June 1st, 2008, 04:57 AM   #26
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 651

Unfortunately, this region of the world has a high concentration of kleptocracies, which results in stunted development.
Old June 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #27
Xusein
Xornimo

I want to say Thank You to the mods and administrators that created the new forums.

Yeah, I'm bumping this thread, sue me.
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:11 AM   #28
cmoonflyer
Mainland Sea & Sky

Likes (Received): 38

What a great country Egypt is in the world ! And sincerely hope Egypt has its own sub-forum !
We looked at mountains until dawn, and then when dawn came, it was too pretty for me - there was pink and blue and gold, in the sky, and on icy places, brilliant pink and gold flashes, and the snow was colored too, and I said," Oh," and sighed; and each moment was more beautiful than the one before; and I said, " I love you, Momma." Then I fell asleep in her arms.
That was happiness then.

- Harold Brodkey
cmoonflyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #29
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Thank You Halawala for taking care of the African Forum. The structure is greatly improved. You have done a marvelous job, and we do appreciate your great efforts

Also thanks for everybody else's support in making this happen.
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #30
goschio
Oh sweet lord Jesus

Likes (Received): 862

Congrats to African nations with own subforum!

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #31
PedroGabriel
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

We have already discussed that... there's should be a Lusophone African sub- forum in Portuguese and with subforum for at least Cape verde, Angola and Mozambique, to get Africans to the forum. There's info of Angola in the forum, but most Angolans do not understand English.
PedroGabriel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #32
Intoxication

CONGRATS!!!!
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #33
VelesHomais
aspiring cyborg

Likes (Received): 3547

Congratulations! I'm off celebrating
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:10 AM   #34
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

No need for this tread anymore.
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:30 AM   #35
Xusein
Xornimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroGabriel View Post
We have already discussed that... there's should be a Lusophone African sub- forum in Portuguese and with subforum for at least Cape verde, Angola and Mozambique, to get Africans to the forum. There's info of Angola in the forum, but most Angolans do not understand English.
But the Angola forum (with a Mozambique/Cape Verde sub-forum inside) is in Portuguese.