daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Misc. Infra Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:41 AM   #41
karthikarthik

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by seku View Post
there are not many, other than toyota.. and some plans for daihatsu to launch its own plant. toyota being world's largest market holder, if they expand their india operations, it can go up many folds. currently they are not into small cars in india. given every one entering into small car market, even they should be having plans..fyi.. their china market is 13+ million units last year...
Toyota is going to launch a small car(Etios) in 2011.

Sponsored Links

Old November 1st, 2010, 03:07 PM   #42
darkprinz
DP

Likes (Received): 751

Are they goign to decrease the roadway distance by anyway ??? And which route this is going to follow ???
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:02 AM   #43
tharun

Likes (Received): 0

Chennai-Bangalore Expressway Alignment

http://www.prajavani.net/Content/Jul...0707193339.asp

I googled and found this 4 months old article in Prajavani. As per this article the new 6-lane Bangalore-Chennai expressway starts near Hoskote runs parallel to NH4, passes through AP near Venkatagirkote then enters TN. This article gives full detail about the alignment within KN, but it does not give details about the alignment within AP & TN. As per this article a consulting company is already working with people living in villages along the alignment about land acquisition.

I think out total length of 250KM, about 90KM will be in KN, 30-40KM in AP and remaining 130KM in TN.
tharun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:38 AM   #44
darkprinz
DP

Thanks So 100 km reduction ... even shatabdi can make 250 kms in 1.5 hours @ 140 kmph... Are they planning for any other train with much higher speed ??
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM   #45
Raji7373

Likes (Received): 176

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharun View Post
http://www.prajavani.net/Content/Jul...0707193339.asp

I googled and found this 4 months old article in Prajavani. As per this article the new 6-lane Bangalore-Chennai expressway starts near Hoskote runs parallel to NH4, passes through AP near Venkatagirkote then enters TN. This article gives full detail about the alignment within KN, but it does not give details about the alignment within AP & TN. As per this article a consulting company is already working with people living in villages along the alignment about land acquisition.

I think out total length of 250KM, about 90KM will be in KN, 30-40KM in AP and remaining 130KM in TN.
Can you please translate in English some pf the crucial points in the whole news. Is it roadways or are they planning to lay railway line. If so what kind of train - some Bullet train kind. I wish I could go to bangalore everyday for work and return back to chennai - home sweet home, instead of being there.
How nice it would be ...
Raji7373 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:08 PM   #46
seku

Likes (Received): 1

If they have to reduce 100 Kms from the existing (NH4 is 328, and NH4-NH46-NH7 is 342 Kms), then as shown below

1. altogether new highway, which could reduce up to 100 Kms
2. till ranipet NH4, and then new stretch. As till ranipet, lotta automobile corridor is there. this route will reduce up to 60 - 70 Kms.

zeeron liked this post
seku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:47 AM   #47
darkprinz
DP

I think they have included Sriperumbudur and co in the plan.. So most likely ur second plan is the one ...Coupled with Hi-speed train in can do wonders ...

Seriously they have to think of reducing time of travel btw these two close important cities ... This kind of setup rarely occurs ...

Now that air travel is taking logically more time than shatabdi ... IF some bullet train kinda travel is built .. it will reduce the travel to meagre 1 hr or so ...
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:06 AM   #48
rakshit gowda
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprinz View Post
... IF some bullet train kinda travel is built .. it will reduce the travel to meagre 1 hr or so ...
given the fact that we have a minister running railways, I dont think we will be seeing bullet trains in India for atleast 10 or 15 years. I dont see the point of building a Bengaluru Chennai express way. Upgrading the current NH4 to 6 lane and making it signal free will do the job.
rakshit gowda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #49
sixsigma1978
PRAETORIAN

Likes (Received): 172

Correct .With DIDI giving preference to Bengal and starting Double Decker and High speed trains to connect VILLAGES there and justifying it too- we should not give silly recommendations to connect Metropolitan cities !! After all - its inter village connections that can pay for these services. Not the cities - which can make do with bullock carts and tractors!
DIDI knows best!!!
sixsigma1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #50
darkprinz
DP

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #51
Raji7373

Another Neglection

http://week.manoramaonline.com/cgi-b...RIAL&BV_ID=@@@

This not anything realted to this thread, When Japanese government & Korean govt wants to develop Chennai - Bangalore corridor Indian govt wants to develop only Mumbai - Delhi corridor. See, the plans have started and in few years time this will be in place when we still brooding over our wonderful Chennai - bangalore corridor. this is the reality.

Last edited by Raji7373; November 11th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #52
Raji7373

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprinz View Post
I think they have included Sriperumbudur and co in the plan.. So most likely ur second plan is the one ...Coupled with Hi-speed train in can do wonders ...

Seriously they have to think of reducing time of travel btw these two close important cities ... This kind of setup rarely occurs ...

Now that air travel is taking logically more time than shatabdi ... IF some bullet train kinda travel is built .. it will reduce the travel to meagre 1 hr or so ...
I think there are already Shathapthi which runs 100 Kmph speed (actually 160 Kmph) from Bhopal to Delhi, I guess. If they lay track straight as mentioned in the map & reduce the distance by 100 Kms and introduce this train, in 2.5 hrs we can reach the destination.

As didi wont do and we have bunch of idiots as ministers in center who are representing TN who are good for nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatabdi_Express
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #53
ferrari_fan
Forza!

Likes (Received): 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raji7373 View Post

This not anything realted to this thread, When Japanese government & Korean govt wants to develop Chennai - Bangalore corridor Indian govt wants to develop only Mumbai - Delhi corridor. See, the plans have started and in few years time this will be in place when we still brooding over our wonderful Chennai - bangalore corridor. this is the reality.
Oh would you stop acting so victimised, please?!
ferrari_fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #54
Raji7373

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan View Post
Oh would you stop acting so victimised, please?!
NO. It is not acting, it is real concern. What bothers you? ...if you don't want to read, just skip & go off.
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:03 PM   #55
rakshit gowda
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raji7373 View Post

Dude everybody can whine about developments that are not happening in their region. Personally I think Chennai has a lot going for it given the fact that DMK arm twists Congress and gets whatever portfolio/projects it wants. Im from Bangalore and imagine how pissed I should be when I learn that your DMK minister cost the nation $40 Billion in the 2G scam.
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:55 PM   #56
ChennaiIndian

Likes (Received): 82

You are right. I have generally observed that most people feel more unhappy when the scam happens elsewhere in India. For the KA mining scam, people elsewhere were most unhappy than folks from KA. I think its time for India to get out of that mentality.
ChennaiIndian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM   #57
rakshit gowda
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ!

where did you learn that people outside KA were more angry than people from KA. Please don't bring analysis and observations without supporting evidence. In fact people from KA need to be more angry because Reddy brothers who are pillaging our state's resources are from Andhra.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 11:49 PM   #58
ChennaiIndian

That was a type from me . I should have typed "For the KA mining scam, people elsewhere were least unhappy than folks from KA."

What am trying to say is...no matter what happens elsewhere in India, people generally don't react to it collectively. They react a lot only when it happens in their own state and not a pan-India issue even though it is otherwise. For example, why should people in KA alone feel unhappy of the mining scam? Isn't it our nation's property and shouldn't we all feel responsible? That's my point!
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:48 AM   #59
rakshit gowda
ಸಿರಿಗನ್ನಡಂ ಗೆಲ್ಗೆ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChennaiIndian View Post
That was a type from me .
Man you made a Typo in Typo! Anyway dude, I get your point. Cheers.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 05:29 AM   #60
ChennaiIndian

Good catch!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: