daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #61
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbstud View Post
Once again more beautiful pictures I am in utter or of these pics. The Melbourne Docklands is shaping up well and Southern Cross Station looks really good. Keep them coming SYDNEY!
Thank you, they will keep coming and coming and coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by `dlskt View Post
Your pictures actually make Docklands look FAWESOME.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellospank25 View Post
hey there are nice pictures
but the format is so small
Can you make your next photos
full screen size?
Thanks mate ... the problem is that larger formats take up too much space and I still have tons of pics to upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post
Sydney .... This is so farking awesome!
Pure classy shot from a very artistic photographer!
Wow, what a compliment, thank you Melbourne is pure class and sophistication - my kind of town

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
Aww, I'm glad to see that SYDNEY and Mr Kiwi Fruit enjoyed your holiday here. I moved to Melbourne 5 weeks ago, and I'm still loving it. So many great little hole-in-the-wall bars, crazy laneways and beautiful old buildings. Your photos are beautiful, and I hope you enjoy it just as much when you move here (you said you were moving here, right?). People here are very friendly, and it's easy to find work, so it's a good city to relocate too. Plus (I assume) you're both on Kiwi passports, so you'll have no problem with immigration laws.

My flatmate is a gay kiwi, and he says Melbourne's just like a really big Wellington. So that means I have to visit Wellington one of these days

So what did you guys do when you were here? What's your favourite area? You'd better both start supporting Carlton in the quintessentially Melbourne AFL as well, don't ever become a Collingwood supporter though....

Am very very happy to see you enjoyed your time here.
We loved almost ever part of Melbourne - the parts that we saw. The only area that I wasn't too fond of was Prahan (all those electrical, telephone and tram wires made me giddy (they should consider putting some of those wires under ground), apart from that I also found the buildings very rough and neglected but it is gr8 for an hour or two

We are DEFINITELY moving to Melbourne once we get my mother settled in Auckland (she is coming from Johannesburg - with all the problems there we have to get her out as quick as possible). She arrives in November and then we will apply for Aussie citizenship. The initial plan was to wait for Kiwi Citizenship but we can't wait for another 3 years - by that time we will be Aussie residents

Wellington is by far the jewel in New Zealand's crown and it is very similar to Melbourne but on a much, much, much smaller scale

Quote:
Gappa wont be impressed with you...

Sydney - pick up the footy club - i chose the one with prettiest boys
You are so funny, I will have to look at all the options before I make a decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pule View Post
Street art in Melbourne is amazing, I'm a street art fanatic.
Pule, Melbourne will blow you away - it is AWESOME !! I have never seen so much street art in my life and they are planning more and more ....

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #62
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Prahran's not too bad. There's a lot of cool cafes and stores, and a helluvalotta gays. But I know what you mean about all the wires. And when I first visited, the first thing I noticed is all the run down grand old buildings as well. At night, Chapel st (in Prahran) can get a bit seedy, largely because Revolver is there (the club that opens on Friday and doesn't close until Monday morning). But during the day it's nice for a visit

but I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and are going to make it home. There's so, sooo many gay kiwis here that it'll feel like you've never left Auckland (except for the trams of course).

:P
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #63
Alibaba

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDNEY View Post

We are DEFINITELY moving to Melbourne once we get my mother settled in Auckland (she is coming from Johannesburg - with all the problems there we have to get her out as quick as possible). She arrives in November and then we will apply for Aussie citizenship. The initial plan was to wait for Kiwi Citizenship but we can't wait for another 3 years - by that time we will be Aussie residents

Wish you all the best for your big plan.... good luck mate
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #64
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
Prahran's not too bad. There's a lot of cool cafes and stores, and a helluvalotta gays. But I know what you mean about all the wires. And when I first visited, the first thing I noticed is all the run down grand old buildings as well. At night, Chapel st (in Prahran) can get a bit seedy, largely because Revolver is there (the club that opens on Friday and doesn't close until Monday morning). But during the day it's nice for a visit

but I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and are going to make it home. There's so, sooo many gay kiwis here that it'll feel like you've never left Auckland (except for the trams of course).

:P
I have also heard that there are loads of Kiwi's there and the number is growing. Two of my Kiwi friends live over there and they are loving it - lucky buggers !!

Melbourne is very, very different to Auckland and that is why we want to make Melbourne our new home. I found Sydney to be very similar to Auckland but on a much larger scale.

Quote:
Wish you all the best for your big plan.... good luck mate
You are so kind sweety - thank you
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #65
madridhere

Likes (Received): 110

Wonderful pix.

Thanks for them.
La libertad, Sancho, es uno de los más preciosos dones que a los hombres dieron los cielos; con ella no pueden igualarse los tesoros que encierran la tierra y el mar: por la libertad, así como por la honra, se puede y debe aventurar la vida.
Freedom, Sancho, is one of the most precious gifts that Heaven gave to men; with it the treasures of the earth and the sea can´t be compared; for freedom, and for honour, one can and one should give his life(Cervantes in "Don Quixote")

Il faut être absolument moderne (Rimbaud)
madridhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #66
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by madridhere View Post
Wonderful pix.

Thanks for them.
Thank you, I hope that I can keep you entertained
Old June 6th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #67
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Old June 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM   #68
accadacca
SydneySider

Likes (Received): 3

Top stuff mate! Hope your planned trip works out!
accadacca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #69
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
Top stuff mate! Hope your planned trip works out!
Thanks ! we are praying for a miracle and wouldn't mind moving to Australia yesterday Cross fingers for us
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #70
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Old June 7th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #71
melbstud

Likes (Received): 7

SYDNEY you are an exceptional photographer and I am from Melbourne, hence the name but I just have to say i love and hope that you put up new photos everyday, and I am so glad that ya loved Melbourne.

Hope fully things work out and the move wont be delayed, a lot of South Africans are moving to Australi and NZ I had no idea the situation was so dire over there, hope that your mother can leave, I know she would like Melbourne and hopefully you showher ya photos.
melbstud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #72
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
SYDNEY you are an exceptional photographer and I am from Melbourne, hence the name but I just have to say i love and hope that you put up new photos everyday, and I am so glad that ya loved Melbourne.

Hope fully things work out and the move wont be delayed, a lot of South Africans are moving to Australi and NZ I had no idea the situation was so dire over there, hope that your mother can leave, I know she would like Melbourne and hopefully you showher ya photos.
Thanks mate - you are very, very lucky. My bf and I are feeling so depressed and look at our pics everyday, we so want to be in Melbourne - it ticks all the right boxes for us

I have loads of pics to upload but I need to find the time. I shall try my best
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #73
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Old June 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #74
Alibaba

i like your photos taken at dusk ... very artistic (once again)... thanks
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #75
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
i like your photos taken at dusk ... very artistic (once again)... thanks
Thanks Ali, the light in Melbourne is marvelous
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #76
melbstud

Likes (Received): 7

Round of applause SYDNEY!
melbstud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #77
Alibaba

you may find this Web Bridge is featured heavily in this Bollywood blockbuster 2005 - Salaam Namaste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsrtxCuD-o&NR=1

Old June 14th, 2008, 02:06 AM   #78
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Round of applause SYDNEY!
You are too kind mate ... thanks

Quote:
you may find this Web Bridge is featured heavily in this Bollywood blockbuster 2005 - Salaam Namaste
Thanks for the info Ali, I adore that bridge, very much my cup of tea - damn ! Melbourne is my cup of tea. I have just finished processing loads of pics and now I am very, very sad. GET ME OUT OF HERE !! I so want to be back in Melbourne

Old June 14th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #79
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Old June 14th, 2008, 02:27 AM   #80
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Tags
architecture, australia, design, melbourne