daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #261
Turbosnail

Likes (Received): 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i dont think it will be more impressive than petronas at all.
I think it will - plus Paris has such a beautiful backdrop that could never be matched by other cities, including Kuala Lumpur. I really think these will elevate the Paris skyline to being the best in Europe and up there with the best in the world.
Turbosnail no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #262
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3046

maybe europe, but no where near the best in the world.......
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #263
manumau5
Skyscrapers Seeker

Likes (Received): 3

Thanks a lot
They are like some kind of stylish Bank of China haha. (In the pic at night, of the render).
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #264
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
maybe europe, but no where near the best in the world.......
even europe will be hard. if modcow is counted then no chance, against london maybe, but then paris needs overall some more buildings i think
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #265
Galik

Likes (Received): 64

I don't know why there are no chance to being the best of Europe. Each one these taste.

Les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas et moi je les trouve très belle. Ces tours ont toute leur chance.

EDIT: i'm make shit, i was tired.Tx Jex.

Last edited by Galik; September 25th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
Galik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #266
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Gael, I think those mates are not criticizing the Hermitage Towers, but they pretty much mean that, on their own, they won't be enough to make La Défense be part of the best skylines in the world which I partially agree on. But our comrades appear to forget that the Hermitage Plaza Towers aren't the only projects to come, indeed, Phare Tower is to come (295m) as well as Generali Tower (265m) & hopefully Osmose Tower in the next few years. I personally think that once those are built (without forgetting the other projects, Majunga/D2/Air2/Ava/Carpe Diem/Arena92...), La Défense will definitely be part of the best skylines in Europe.
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #267
boschb
boschb

Likes (Received): 31

i think with the addition of those towers it would be a great skyline but,
La Défense doesnt really have that many towers, its in a pretty small area, i think it would look better if they expanded its skyline a bit outwards instead of up
boschb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #268
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Gael, I think those mates are not criticizing the Hermitage Towers, but they pretty much mean that, on their own, they won't be enough to make La Défense be part of the best skylines in the world which I partially agree on. But our comrades appear to forget that the Hermitage Plaza Towers aren't the only projects to come, indeed, Phare Tower is to come (295m) as well as Generali Tower (265m) & hopefully Osmose Tower in the next few years. I personally think that once those are built (without forgetting the other projects, Majunga/D2/Air2/Ava/Carpe Diem/Arena92...), La Défense will definitely be part of the best skylines in Europe.
Osmose Tower???
No idea what you're talking about. Do you have a link by any chance?
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #269
ChrisDVD

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjbolton View Post
Osmose Tower???
Here is the link in the french forum.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=640275
ChrisDVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #270
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9686

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjbolton View Post
Osmose Tower???
It's also known as "Wilmotte Tower" (one of the former Signal Tower projects), which is apparently still planned: 284m.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #271
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

Aaaaaah... Wilmotte Tower. No worries. I'm right with you.
Just didn't know it had an actual name!

Always loved that project; I sure hope it goes forward. The South side of LD needs it badly.
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #272
Gendo

Likes (Received): 77

I think the design and location are very well thought out.

It's the best looking proposal I've seen for La Defense in the past decade. I'll be disappointed if it falls through.
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #273
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

I really hope this goes too, and with the recent news, it appears it will begin next year. Good things come to those who wait.
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:56 PM   #274
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

The crazy & opaque project of russian group Hermitage in La Défense

29/09/2010

Quote:
The construction of the twin towers of 323 meters high in La Défense by Russian promoter Hermitage has taken a major step on Monday at the Courbevoie's city council. But this mammoth project of two billion euros has many grey areas. Explanations.

Monday September 27 at midnight, the City Council Chambers of City Hall in Courbevoie Hauts de Seine is still full to bursting. On the agenda of this council stormy: the vote on the authorization given by the UMP mayor, Jacques Kossowski, demolish a portion of Social Damiers buildings located along the Seine, just below the esplanade Defense. Problem: On some 250 families living in those homes from the early 70's, a hundred has not found alternative accommodation. Now the mayor has in the past, agreed in writing to grant any permit to demolish as everyone would have the assurance of being rehoused.

The story could go almost unnoticed, returned to the level of dark parochial Paris region, if not to demolish the site was to host the largest construction project ever built in defense: the Hermitage Plaza. A project as Pharaonic as opaque, supported by the president, Nicolas Sarkozy.

Hermitage Plaza , two towers of 323 meters each, which should accommodate 40,000 square feet of offices, 35,000 square feet of shops, art gallery, a concert hall with 1,300 seats, 540 luxury apartments (sold 12 000 euros on average per square meter) and a 5 star hotel with 201 rooms.A concept of mixed tricks is all the rage in Dubai or Shanghai , but still totally unknown in France and Western Europe.

Except that this project of 2 billion euros includes large areas of shadow. First on the initiator of the project itself: Hermitage , a French subsidiary of one of the largest homebuilders Russian Mirax Group.In France, Hermitage employs no more than twenty employees. In Russia, Mirax has been severely shaken by the crisis, the bursting of the housing bubble and the collapse of prices of stone in the business district of Moscow City: difficulties to repay its debts, rumors of bankruptcies, with the separation subsidiary of St. Petersburg ...

Iskenderov Emin, the young boss of the Russian Hermitage, is reassuring: "To date, we have no more conflict with the banks, the Mirax Group has $ 6 billion of assets and minimal debt of 550 million dollars ". Still, the financing plan of the "Twin Towers" Paris region is fragile "350 million euros will come from our own funds, 700 million in bank loans and the remaining billion from the sale of square meters for construction," promises Emin Iskenderov. Except that the assembly of the bank loan has not been finalized. No French bank has agreed to take the plunge.And foreign institutions meeting in the "pool" of lenders require a credit rate of 7.5%, a loan paid dearly given average conditions and qu'Hermitage current funding has so far refused.

Another gray area is the ambiguous relationship between Hermitage and the EPAD (the public institution for the development of defense) , including Jacques Kossowski, the mayor of Courbevoie, is also vice-chairman of the board of directors. As with all construction projects at Defense, Hermitage EPAD must pay the building rights for its ability to erect two towers. An amount that varies greatly according to the party between 130 and 150 million euros from Hermitage, between 150 and 200 million euros after Machault Olivier, the deputy director general in charge of the EPAD financial aspects.

For the public, the rights to build should be used to pay for all work related to the hosting of the tower (public spaces, rebuilding electricity grids and water and cover most of the famous main road that runs along D7 the Seine) to ultimately generate a net margin of 50 million euros. Insufficient, denounced the objectors who accuse the president of the EPAD to have sold off those famous building rights in order to expedite a transaction leading to revive the neighborhood of Defense stalled. And while this crisis has delayed many projects . "Narrated by square meter, the building rights are well below market prices and rates charged for other operations," accuses a member of the board of directors. Patrick Jarry, Mayor of Nanterre and also a member of the board of directors of the public institution, feared an explosion of installation costs and thus weakening the financial accounts of the EPAD.

Meanwhile, Emin Iskenderov repeats at every its schedule: submission of building permits in the next few days, obtaining a permit in the spring and break ground in summer 2011. A sheet of road extremely tight, designed to reassure the banks but also its partner hotel, the Four Seasons Group which will manage the palace.
There's still some way to go before having them, so let's be cautious...

http://www.lexpansion.com/economie/a...se_239813.html

ps: approximate translation by Google...
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #275
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

For those understanding french, here's a very informative/interesting interview of russian Emin Iskenderov, Hermitage property developer, given a couple of days ago on french radio BFM:

http://www.radiobfm.com/edito/info/8...anent-de-gens/

The most interesting bit is at the end, when he sends a firm message to what he calls "mavericks" (remaining families refusing to go?) willing to send Hermitage a legal remedy in order to get as much money as possible before removing that remedy(blackmail). He goes : "I'm telling them today that we won't take those stances into account, we're gonna launch our project (construction) if we get the building permit (whose application was submitted last week), work will start in July (2011) at the earliest or in september at the latest."

Last edited by Jex7844; October 17th, 2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Wrong link posted
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #276
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

To complement Jex7844's post:

There was an interview of Emin Iskenderov, CEO of the Russian developer Hermitage, on BFM Radio on Thursday. Iskenderov was really upbeat regarding the construction of the Hermitage Towers. Hermitage has officially applied for a building permit last Monday (it took two vans to bring all the documents needed). At the end of the interview, Iskenderov said something really important: if the building permit is issued (a rhetorical "if"; it's a given the building permit will be issued in the Spring, given Sarkozy's support of the project), Iskenderov indicated Hermitage is determined to start construction of the twin towers between July 2011 at the earliest and September 2011 at the latest. He said even if there are legal challenges against the building permit, they will start construction nonetheless.

In France, when a building permit is issued by public authorities, if there are legal challenges against the building permit, the developer can nonetheless decide to start construction without waiting for a resolution of the legal challenges. Most developers usually hesitate, because they don't want to have to demolish the building in case a judge eventually decides the building permit was not conforming to the law, but Iskenderov said legal challenges against building permits in France have become a tool used by opponents of all large projects to delay them, or to extract money from the developers ("I withdraw my legal challenge if you give me money"), so Hermitage will start construction immediately without waiting for a judge's decision (if someone challenges the building permit; apparently he believes their dossier is very solid and a judge wouldn't declare the building permit illegal and force them to demolish).

This is important news, because waiting for the resolution of potential legal challenges could have delayed the project for years. One concern I had was that the banks wouldn't follow Hermitage if there was a legal challenge, but Iskenderov said they have already all the money lined up for the construction (Hermitage's own money), so they can start construction immediately, as soon as the building permit is issued.

You rarely find so much determination with French developers. Hail to the Russians! Iskenderov said he expects the two towers to be completed and opened in the end of 2015/beginning of 2016.

You can hear the whole interview here: http://www.radiobfm.com/edito/info/8...anent-de-gens/

[img]http://i56.************/2nbcad3.jpg[/img]
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #277
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1948

that is probably the most Rose-tinted render ive ever seen

Surely the finished product won't look like that at all?
Old October 17th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #278
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

At least they show urban pollution faithfully, unlike so many beautified renderings.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #279
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1948

Haha, good point, although I think they are intended as clouds (I hope)
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #280
elcid1911

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloserToTheSky View Post
Excellent projects, but in Paris there build nothing for a long time already
What you mean? What about the new AXA Tower or Tour T1 (2008)?

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers