daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #41
Woolie

Likes (Received): 4

Nice Glass! Very unique looking design, especially with the top of the smaller tower. Hopefully it will be built.
Woolie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM   #42
Alvar Lavague
European citizen

Likes (Received): 31

Alvar Lavague no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:54 PM   #43
nashprotector85

Likes (Received): 1

I realy love these towers and I hope they will be build.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM   #44
N0M
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Nice towers indeed, very original. Hopefully though the location will not be too close to La Defense to spoil the view from the Champs Elysees.
N0M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:41 PM   #45
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 3762

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0M View Post
Nice towers indeed, very original. Hopefully though the location will not be too close to La Defense to spoil the view from the Champs Elysees.
look one page back, you'll see on the renders that the location is directly at la defense

Follow me on Twitter: @Minecraft_87
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM   #46
Cyman

Likes (Received): 2

I must say that the new renders make it look better in my eyes. I think it would be nice to see the towers in a couple of years.
Cyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM   #47
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
At first it was a proposal for the Tour Signal project. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=593511
I think it to... was this proposal not in the competiton with the Nouvels Tower? Nouvel was the winner, end so is this project rejected?

Or is it a totaly different project?
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:58 PM   #48
Minato ku

No it is the same project but we knew since the debut that several towers of the Signal contest could be build. It was quite an official rumor.

According lastest news not only Hermitage with the architect Ferrier want build its tower but aslo Bouygues Immobilier with Willmote and Compagnie La Lucette with Foster.
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #49
IronMan89

Likes (Received): 7

There were 5 finalists for the "Signal Tower" competition. Jean Nouvel's tower won, so Hermitage(Ferrier), Wilmotte(X Tower), Foster and Liebeskind were the loosers. In the final Round, Nouvel's tower beat Liebeskind one by 9 votes to 3.
Three of the loosers towers have chance to be built: Foster's, Wilmotte's and Ferrier(the twins)
IronMan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #50
IronMan89

Likes (Received): 7

There were 5 finalists for the "Signal Tower" competition. Jean Nouvel's tower won, so Hermitage(Ferrier), Wilmotte(X Tower), Foster and Liebeskind were the loosers. In the final Round, Nouvel's tower beat Liebeskind one by 9 votes to 3.
Three of the loosers towers have chance to be built: Foster's, Wilmotte's and Ferrier(the twins)
IronMan89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #51
macpolo

Likes (Received): 87

cool and glassy
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #52
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
No it is the same project but we knew since the debut that several towers of the Signal contest could be build. It was quite an official rumor.

According lastest news not only Hermitage with the architect Ferrier want build its tower but aslo Bouygues Immobilier with Willmote and Compagnie La Lucette with Foster.
Wow sorry but if this is true, it will be incredible for "La Defense" stunning skyline in the future if, is say if they all will be realised? We will see...
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #53
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyckske Ruben View Post
Wow sorry but if this is true, it will be incredible for "La Defense" stunning skyline in the future if, is say if they all will be realised? We will see...
Willmote and Foster are quite uncertain.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #54
wjfox
Wanna cook?

Likes (Received): 4298

It's a fairly average design IMO... bulky and awkward from some angles. The Tour Signal is a hundred times better.
wjfox está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #55
skyboi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Things have changed now .Cities around the world are building colosal buildings it feels so good to see Europe is moving along with the trend from London ,Paris ...to Moscow ,I love big Cities with some supertalls in it
skyboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:03 AM   #56
OMH

Likes (Received): 12

Good news! This was my 2nd preferred proposal for Tour Signal and certainly i would have liked if it have won instead of Nouvel's design, but hearing that Tour Signal AND Tours Hermitage will be built is even better! ...
I think that the design for this tower is well suited in La Defense, i like that it will be twin towers as well that they will be connected by 2 skybridges , though the facade could maybe have a different look, but it'll probably look different in reality than on the renders.
Another very good thing is that these towers will be used for mostlly residential purposes, which is quite uncommon in Europe until now, but this two towers could be just the beginning of a residential highrise booom in Paris and posiibly other European cities-i at least hope that it'll happen.
If all the currently proposed supertalls (Tour Phare , Tour Generali, Tour Signal and Tours Hermitage) as well as some of the other skyscrapers over 200 m like PB 22 ,Tour Air2 and The new Tour Gan will get built, Paris will have the best skyline in Western Europe by far, beating Frankfurt as well as London and will be no. 2 in Europe after Moscow. IMO Paris even could beat Moscow with maybe another 2 300+ m towers and one tower over 400m (Maybe the Tour sans fins will be re-considered to be built again in the future, who knows) and Paris would be numero uno in Europe as well as in the top 10 skylines worldwide.
But obviously thats not what's most important here, but more important is that this towers are re-making the skyline of Paris, because to face the truth, any major city needs a good skyline nowadays IMO.
P.S i read on Spiegel Online that the mayor of Paris is thinking about allowing highrises to be built in the historical center of Paris again (article in German:http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesells...555874,00.html ) anybody knows something more about that?
anyway, said enough, here are some more renders of this win towers:

Last edited by OMH; June 5th, 2008 at 06:14 AM.
OMH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #57
caserass
Normandie

Likes (Received): 1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMH View Post
Good news! This was my 2nd preferred proposal for Tour Signal and certainly i would have liked if it have won instead of Nouvel's design, but hearing that Tour Signal AND Tours Hermitage will be built is even better! ...
I think that the design for this tower is well suited in La Defense, i like that it will be twin towers as well that they will be connected by 2 skybridges , though the facade could maybe have a different look, but it'll probably look different in reality than on the renders.
Another very good thing is that these towers will be used for mostlly residential purposes, which is quite uncommon in Europe until now, but this two towers could be just the beginning of a residential highrise booom in Paris and posiibly other European cities-i at least hope that it'll happen.
If all the currently proposed supertalls (Tour Phare , Tour Generali, Tour Signal and Tours Hermitage) as well as some of the other skyscrapers over 200 m like PB 22 ,Tour Air2 and The new Tour Gan will get built, Paris will have the best skyline in Western Europe by far, beating Frankfurt as well as London and will be no. 2 in Europe after Moscow. IMO Paris even could beat Moscow with maybe another 2 300+ m towers and one tower over 400m (Maybe the Tour sans fins will be re-considered to be built again in the future, who knows) and Paris would be numero uno in Europe as well as in the top 10 skylines worldwide.
But obviously thats not what's most important here, but more important is that this towers are re-making the skyline of Paris, because to face the truth, any major city needs a good skyline nowadays IMO.
P.S i read on Spiegel Online that the mayor of Paris is thinking about allowing highrises to be built in the historical center of Paris again (article in German:http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesells...555874,00.html ) anybody knows something more about that?
anyway, said enough, here are some more renders of this win towers:

Yes you're right, the mayor of Paris , Bertrand Deolanoe, would like to see some sckyscrapers being built in the city of Paris. He would like to see them closed to the gates of the city. For the moment, a building cannot be taller than 35 meters in the city center, there is a project to change the borders of Paris, it could have the effect to supress this law and to see more skyscrapers in ILE DE FRANCE (metro paris) and especially in Paris. But it's just a PROJECT and in France it's always very hard to make a change

Sorry about my english.... I'm too lazy today to think about it
caserass no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #58
alexela
narci

Likes (Received): 5

For me, this is the perfect choice for a great city like Paris. Tall and unique but not too alienated.
Old June 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM   #59
Elio di Angelis
Fight for progress!!!

Likes (Received): 12

nice tower. only i like it more when it they will build it in La Defense.

Rebuild the Paleis van de Volksvlijt.
Elio di Angelis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:11 AM   #60
choyak

Likes (Received): 9

I don't know, the only word that came to mind when seeing this is 'lopsided'!!!!!
choyak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers