daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #781
tikiturf

Likes (Received): 46

Amazing news !

Dancing banana is needed :
tikiturf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #782
MissyC

Ship them to Amiens!
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #783
QuarterMileSidewalk
Laissez-Faire Forever!

Likes (Received): 11

That façade looks like LEGOs.
QuarterMileSidewalk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM   #784
MissyC

I am not sure if they are built by Moshe Safi, but if so, maybe they should preserve them or replace them.

There is a smimilar project being built in Montreal, Quebec by Moshe that is considered a historic monument and sure it looks beautiful.
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM   #785
ChrisDVD

Likes (Received): 105

No, it's not by him!

the building you are referring to is Habitat 67 , in the port of Montréal. Long waiting list to get one of those blocks ! Built in 1967 for the Montréal expo as his thesis for his Mcgill Master.

Last edited by ChrisDVD; March 21st, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
ChrisDVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:37 PM   #786
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
I want those eyesores to disappear so bad...first step: asbestos removal!
great.. that could take quite some time.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 06:38 PM   #787
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Two days ago they put some further planks on the façades of the building to be demolished, with the logo of the La Défense Authority. The opponents to the project are fuming on their blog.

Last edited by brisavoine; April 4th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:37 PM   #788
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

At first, I hated this project, but now it's grown on me.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM   #789
London_Lover
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

This project will ruin La Defense skyline from the Champs Elysees if they don't build some taller skyscrapers near the Hermitage Towers.. They don't fit in there! Don't people realize of this???
London_Lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #790
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

I must say even I don't live in Paris I can see that. This towers will be on the edge of la defense and obviously from many angles skyline will lose some of its glory. I always was bigger fan of tour phare than this. Phare fits much better in the proposed location. But hey on the plus side those are really nice towers and maybe some more towers will rise around them in future. Actually with strict Paris policy for towers maybe this twins will be good argument to allow some high rises around them.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #791
London_Lover
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I must say even I don't live in Paris I can see that. This towers will be on the edge of la defense and obviously from many angles skyline will lose some of its glory. I always was bigger fan of tour phare than this. Phare fits much better in the proposed location. But hey on the plus side those are really nice towers and maybe some more towers will rise around them in future. Actually with strict Paris policy for towers maybe this twins will be good argument to allow some high rises around them.
Yes, it would be super cool if they build some more skyscrapers around them.. But it will take so long, meanwhile we all have to see those ****I.. beautiful buildings all the time from the Champs
London_Lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #792
BioScientist

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I totally agree. Tour Phare, the hairy looking building, is more stylish in my opinion and fits much better. These two towers suffer from top heaviness which looks extremely unbalanced!
BioScientist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #793
Kikab
Kikab

Likes (Received): 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDVD View Post
No, it's not by him!

the building you are referring to is Habitat 67 , in the port of Montréal. Long waiting list to get one of those blocks ! Built in 1967 for the Montréal expo as his thesis for his Mcgill Master.

looks like the roshina fabela in Rio de janeiro.
Kikab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #794
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_Lover View Post
Yes, it would be super cool if they build some more skyscrapers around them.. But it will take so long, meanwhile we all have to see those ****I.. beautiful buildings all the time from the Champs
Hopefully there will be many more skyscrapers on the left hand side of La Défense to balance it all indeed...I personally love those twins, their architecture is stunning in my opinion. Having said that, I agree with some of you guys on the location which probably isn't the good one but whatever, Hermitage Plaza is too beautiful not to see the light, I want them so bad .

ps: london lover, I cannot reply to you as you're 'banned' , hope that's temporary though...take care dude!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillaz View Post
let them build hermitage plaza, if they think it will make them feel special. its FUGLY in my opinion, and im sure everyone agrees the Shard is the far far prettier skyscraper (some say the most beautiful in Europe ). they can build slightly taller, but remember whatever happens, we built far far better .
Vraiment hâte qu'elles poussent histoire de leur clouer le bec...

Last edited by Jex7844; March 25th, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #795
MissyC

Thank you Chris for the update ... indeed. Habitat 67 was what I pointed at.

I have seen them and they look lovely and the views of Montréal are wonderful from there.
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #796
ChrisDVD

Likes (Received): 105

True! Each time I go in the Old port in Montreal I must go take a small peak at it!
Hopefully Phare will be next to start, hope that when I go to Paris this summer i can see a crane or maybe just a whole, any signs of work!
ChrisDVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #797
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Sorry to spoil the party Chris but Phare cannot start this summer because there's still a couple of appeals to be cleared before launching work. The Court's decision is expected late 2012 (probably november/december), & it has to be positive of course... I wish it could start straight away, would be great indeed (beleive me I can't wait for Phare to start as well), but owing to those bloody nimbies/associations that's always the same old story in this country (appeals, court, delay...)
Patience & faith are the key in France...
I invite you to take a look at Phare's thread HERE.
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #798
Dragoona
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

great well done France!
Dragoona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #799
gdipasqu

Likes (Received): 249

WTF ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_Lover View Post
This project will ruin La Defense skyline from the Champs Elysees if they don't build some taller skyscrapers near the Hermitage Towers.. They don't fit in there! Don't people realize of this???
Or maybe it's you that don't realize something ... I'm from Paris and I'm working at La Défense (Grande Arche) You said if they don't build another supertall that will be better ok but we have to start somewhere no ? or stay with ours old towers ? and still loose our competivity ? Just to remain you: La défense it's not a Paris' place !!!

I think it's the people like you that doesn"t understand anything. French people (most old french people)/are reactionary and love to complain about the lack of accommodation in paris ... OK but they don't want understand there isn't any place available in paris (ok there is a few but it's complicated ) anyway so they don't want build high and complain about the fact there isn't space anymore ... So for once there are some brave people who could change that and go further the narrow-minded people that have the power in our city and we are a lot to think like that.

I'm not sure but I think we call that the changement ! and because of some people like you that everytime complain with the fact that will change the skyline we have to stop everything! so What did you think about Dubaï in 2001 ? because Burj Dubai had destroy the skyline ... so you think it's awful ? And kingdom tower in Jeddah ? that ll though destroy the skyline a 1Km tower no ? and there ll not have a other tower closed to its ! so if I go in your way we have to stop that ! and WTC too and all the new tower in fact ! anyway you irritated me (I think you gonna to see this - but i'm tired so it's maybe for that) !

(sorry for my english but everybody should know that in France our education for the foreign language are the worst. so sorry for that i do my best (at this time of the day) ) so We understand what you say but we think in the long term and expect to see a very high tower before the next 50 years. but because of the governement that think like you we have nothing.
gdipasqu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #800
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Paris desperately needs a new landmark and these twin towers are perfect.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
la défense, paris, paris skyscrapers