daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Sim City

Sim City Discussions and showcase

Old October 3rd, 2003, 10:15 PM   #1
Morieris

Likes (Received):

Sim City 5000 ideas

Might as well be the first. I want to hear some brand new, original ideas for the next incarnation of simcity, which doesnt just limit to disasters, buildings and the like. Any techies with insights into how the game could be better developed would be greatly appreciated.

I just read something that would be a cool addition to the same basic power plants that have been used since the beginning: Solar ponds. Theyd have to be pretty big, maybe an eight by eight square, but from what ive read about them, they generate alot of power. For more information, go to http://www.cerm.utep.edu/solarpond/2epsp.html

Sponsored Links

Old October 4th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #2
Kommentare

Likes (Received): 0

If SC4 lags on my PC,what will it gonna be for SC5
Old October 4th, 2003, 07:56 PM   #3
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 571

One must-have is elevated rail/monorail being able to go on top of a street(/road/avenue/freeway). another is LRT/trams. And let's not forget pedestrian-only streets.

Mixed xones is also needed. That would require mixed-use buildings, which'd be cool.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, rndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2003, 05:13 AM   #4
Morieris

Likes (Received):

It shouldnt be too bad..hopefully, by the time 5000 comes out, most computers will have 64 bit processors, so lets see them slow that down! and yes, trains over streets would be a good thing..
Old October 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #5
Capzilla
robkaper.nl

Some of the things I'd like to see: age.

A train station placed in 1900 will look completely different from one that's built in 2000.

How about a choice from several different station looks per decade (I like the plaza/park seperation).. where luxury buildings cost more to build and maintain, but also provide extra benefits. Bigger capacity, positive land value and desirability levels..

Double-land boulevards as actual option would do the game good as well.

A more 3D feel would also work, where you can zone differently for the floor level than upward levels. Perhaps police and fire stations could then be zoned and merge into real buildings. I never liked all those identical government buildings. It should be possible to zone a 2x4 with a bus station and a 2x4 with shops next to it, then fill floor 1 with plazas surrounding a 2x2 high commercial. That'd be realistic.

But different building looks for different development times makes most sense to me, that also adds the challenge that you cannot just redevelop land without protests of tearing down existing buildings. It adds an element of historical value to cities..
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM   #6
goschio
Oh sweet lord Jesus

Likes (Received): 746

I want to see real companies movieng in you cities. So if for example BMW wants to build a plant in you cities you have to provide land,infrastructure and low taxes to win some kind of construction site competition with other cities. But when you win it there will be a huge plant with thausands of direct job and a boost for local business.

And I want to see small businesses growing to huge multinational companies with hughe office and industrial parks.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 05:23 AM   #7
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 119

More divered buildings.

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 06:32 AM   #8
Behrens

underground roads, above ground roads, roads under bridges , curves bridges , diagonal bridges, dirt roads, flowing water , snow , more building sets and that's all for now
Old October 6th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #9
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

More Disasters! Hurricane, Flood, Tsunami, Atomic Bomb, etc!

SC4's earthquake was so wimpy that I wanted to puke.

Old October 6th, 2003, 10:49 AM   #10
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Quote:
Originally posted by goschio

I want to see real companies movieng in you cities. So if for example BMW wants to build a plant in you cities you have to provide land,infrastructure and low taxes to win some kind of construction site competition with other cities. But when you win it there will be a huge plant with thausands of direct job and a boost for local business.

And I want to see small businesses growing to huge multinational companies with hughe office and industrial parks.
But if they do that then Maxis will have to ask the rights from all those comapnies and it will be to complicated...

Old October 6th, 2003, 09:02 PM   #11
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 571

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquamadoor
But if they do that then Maxis will have to ask the rights from all those comapnies and it will be to complicated...
OR...
Those companies could make those buldings as extras and have them on their websites, for all the SimMayors to download for free.
And why not expand the idea: wouldn't it be cool if The Donald (orderd to be) made a building set with all the worlds Trump towers? that way Trump World Tower and Trump Tower Chicago could pop up as stage 8 res/com buildings
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, rndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 11:24 PM   #12
Morieris

Likes (Received):

Thats a cool idea, but kind of clumsy to have all the buildings scattered every which way..why not a central website? businesses could pay to have their buildings advertised
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:54 AM   #13
Behrens

thats would be cool
if sims online has MCD and Intel why Simcity can't have some sponsors
Old October 8th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #14
Falcaonet
Exceptio regulam probat

Different types of stadiums, vehicles etc
Falcaonet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #15
LoveCPH
Bonsoir l'Europe!

Likes (Received): 6

I don't think we need a 5 yet, before 2005-2006..
ANother expansion pack to SC4 would be great
Old October 9th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #16
goschio
Oh sweet lord Jesus

Likes (Received): 746

How about a random building upload in addition to a provided set. You will have to play online and randomly the game will upload some new buildings provided by maxis. So from time to time you will be surprised by completly new buildings.

And I want to have Olampic games and soccer world cup in my region!

And much more realistic buisness engine. For exampel if a car manufacturer choose your city for its plant then automotive related suppliers arrive. And you whole city changes by time to some kind of Detroid.

Or imagine Boing or Airbus decide to settle down in you city. They would build a 20X16 size plant or even bigger with 10000 of jobs!
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 07:14 AM   #17
Morieris

Likes (Received):

That would be cool, and from time to time airshows could be held at your airport, either letting you get a special reward building formk flying a plane, or lending itself to more types of disasters. I dont know about anyone else, but I would like to see the aircrash disaster again
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:19 AM   #18
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 250

Quote:
Originally posted by Morieris

That would be cool, and from time to time airshows could be held at your airport, either letting you get a special reward building formk flying a plane, or lending itself to more types of disasters. I dont know about anyone else, but I would like to see the aircrash disaster again
an airshow's a great idea...

I'd like to see that, if possible, in an "Economics" expansion for SC4.

You could click on a building and see how much tax revenue it generates. You'd also get bonuses like hosting the Olympics, World's Fair, airshows, other...of course, you'd have to pay and provide land for them.

I'd also like to be able to make regional capitols, which would get jobs benefits and exclusive buildings.

and road and rail over/underpasses are a must!!!

a government subsidy/awards idea would be great...you'd get X money from a "higher source" to put towards, say, roads...this could be based off of a random selector if you'd click a Lobbyist Ordinance, which would basically pay the fees for a lobbyist.

-

- gleegieboy
LSyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2003, 12:01 PM   #19
dutchmetal

I would like it if the schools/hospitals/police and fire department and all that stuff would be a little more realistic. The costs and income don't really weight up to eachother. Also for example if I rebuild the city I live in (80.000 people) than I already need more than 1 police station, hospital and clinic, fire departments, loads of schools and stuff, will in real life it isn't needed.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:51 AM   #20
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 471

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquamadoor

Not true actually. In fact, Maxis could probably garner advertisement fees for including brand names into the game. Talk about a great way to repeatedly advertise yourself to a tightly focussed captive market numbering in the millions.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote