daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #1221
Schmeek

Likes (Received): 1

Well, like I said - I hope you are right.
But the village green thing is around a thousand years old I think and it's not something people can just brush aside at will when it suits them.
Schmeek no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #1222
_X_

Likes (Received): 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Oh you would be surprised. Each country is different but at the end of the day Blatter and Valcke will ask. Do you want to be a host city? Cities will have to decide on their answer and sign the host city agreement. At some point there is no negotiation, just the question.

Alongside the word "power" in the dictionary, you will not see "the IOC" or the "UN". You will see "FIFA". I am afraid 20 residents opposing the site stand no chance.
Good analogy
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #1223
_X_

Likes (Received): 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeek View Post
Well, like I said - I hope you are right.
But the village green thing is around a thousand years old I think and it's not something people can just brush aside at will when it suits them.
Except that it was a tip
I think there is plenty of time and the original plan will succeed with some sweeteners of course
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #1224
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

David Beckham has given England's 2018 World Cup bid a massive boost by promising to coach youngsters round the world for free if the campaign is successful. Former England skipper Becks will show his support for the bid by giving 200 youngsters and coaches a workshop and skills programme in Trinidad this weekend.

Beckham is the most popular public face of the England bid and a huge draw for the 24 FIFA Executive Committee members who hold the campaign's fate in their hands in Zurich on December 2.

And the Three Lions' most-capped outfield player has pledged to stage similar courses with the David Beckham Academy in all six FIFA Confederations over the next six years if the vote goes England's way.

Beckham suggested this week's course, part of a football festival in Trinidad and Tobago, when he met influential CONCACAF President Jack Warner in Cape Town last December.

Warner effectively controls three votes on FIFA's key body and his support is vital for the England bid as they face what increasingly looks like a showdown with Russia for the right to host the biggest show on earth.

Beckham, along with bid chiefs Andy Anson and David Dein, will also be attending the FIFA women's Under-17 World Cup Final in Port of Spain while the project will demonstrate how the global concept could work, illustrating England's promise that a successful bid will have a legacy effect around the entire footballing planet.

The former England skipper said: "I am extremely proud and committed to the David Beckham Academy. The proposal with England 2018 is an exciting one as football is such a great way to inspire and educate young people in so many ways."

In a very positive move for the England bid, Warner publicly thanked Beckham and added: "It is heartening to know that a man of such international stature remains committed to the development of talent worldwide.

"This is remarkable opportunity for the 200 participants. The fact that despite his busy schedule David has taken the time to open this festival, to share his knowledge with the children is testament to his character."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle585145.html
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:22 AM   #1225
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old September 21st, 2010, 03:00 AM   #1226
Trelawny
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
David Beckham has given England's 2018 World Cup bid a massive boost by promising to coach youngsters round the world for free if the campaign is successful. Former England skipper Becks will show his support for the bid by giving 200 youngsters and coaches a workshop and skills programme in Trinidad this weekend.

Beckham is the most popular public face of the England bid and a huge draw for the 24 FIFA Executive Committee members who hold the campaign's fate in their hands in Zurich on December 2.

And the Three Lions' most-capped outfield player has pledged to stage similar courses with the David Beckham Academy in all six FIFA Confederations over the next six years if the vote goes England's way.

Beckham suggested this week's course, part of a football festival in Trinidad and Tobago, when he met influential CONCACAF President Jack Warner in Cape Town last December.

Warner effectively controls three votes on FIFA's key body and his support is vital for the England bid as they face what increasingly looks like a showdown with Russia for the right to host the biggest show on earth.

Beckham, along with bid chiefs Andy Anson and David Dein, will also be attending the FIFA women's Under-17 World Cup Final in Port of Spain while the project will demonstrate how the global concept could work, illustrating England's promise that a successful bid will have a legacy effect around the entire footballing planet.

The former England skipper said: "I am extremely proud and committed to the David Beckham Academy. The proposal with England 2018 is an exciting one as football is such a great way to inspire and educate young people in so many ways."

In a very positive move for the England bid, Warner publicly thanked Beckham and added: "It is heartening to know that a man of such international stature remains committed to the development of talent worldwide.

"This is remarkable opportunity for the 200 participants. The fact that despite his busy schedule David has taken the time to open this festival, to share his knowledge with the children is testament to his character."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle585145.html
I'd rather see him teaching the Trinidadian National team.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 06:14 AM   #1227
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
I'd rather see him teaching the Trinidadian National team.
I'd rather see the Trinidadian team get paid, oh, and the demise of Jack Warner.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM   #1228
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
I'd rather see the Trinidadian team get paid, oh, and the demise of Jack Warner.
I think a fair few people are waiting for the day

Old September 21st, 2010, 10:44 AM   #1229
Schmeek

Seems like a real nice guy. How sad that we have to pander to these types of people. Maybe that's what makes them the arseholes they are; the power they have every four years to have people squirming and licking their boot laces.
Schmeek no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM   #1230
UK86
UK86

Likes (Received): 32

I think if the World Cup came here to England then they would need to seriously think about putting a lot of money into the road system. Although I would rate our roads good they simply just wouldn't cope with the volumes of traffic in certain areas. Even now I think the government isn't spending enough on looking after the roads. I would hope that would be included in the bid somewhere?!
UK86 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1231
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

I have asked this elsewhere but it seems impossible to get an answer.

Why is London not hosting the entire WC on its own?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:43 AM   #1232
RobH

Likes (Received): 10574

Mo, don't stir things

LOL
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM   #1233
Mo Rush

London hosts how many Premier League/First Division etc. matches on a busy weekend?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1234
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6458

<sarcasm>London can't host its own WC until it gets over 300,000 "Likes" on Facebook. Better luck in 2026!</sarcasm>
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM   #1235
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
London hosts how many Premier League/First Division etc. matches on a busy weekend?
I guess theoretically Spurs, Arsenal, Fulham, Chelsea, West Ham, QPR, Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton could all play at home one weekend.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:56 AM   #1236
Mo Rush

Quote:
I guess theoretically Spurs, Arsenal, Fulham, Chelsea, West Ham, QPR, Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton could all play at home one weekend.
and theres the chance Wembley is hosting something, the Olympic stadium too at some point.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:47 PM   #1237
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeek View Post
Seems like a real nice guy. How sad that we have to pander to these types of people.
My sentiments exactly. It's degrading to have Warner criticising England's bid when he has personally been involved in no fewer than three major financial scandals during his time at FIFA. What on Earth gives him the right to speak about fair play?

Horrible, weasley man who would have been pushed out of FIFA a long time ago were it not as corrupt as he.
RobH no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:50 PM   #1238
RobH

Quote:
The Police would never, ever allow that!!

List of London stadiums:

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/...d/london.shtml

A map of London grounds going to Conf South level:

RobH no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1239
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post

Horrible, weasley man who would have been pushed out of FIFA a long time ago were it not as corrupt as he.
That would get half of the rest of FIFA's exec committee fired.

Blatter: we want to fire you
Weasel: i will tell everybody about everything
Blatter: ok but be good from now on
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:53 PM   #1240
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The Police would never, ever allow that!!

List of London stadiums:

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/...d/london.shtml

A map of London grounds going to Conf South level:

Wembley and Wimbledon are far away enough to be declared host cities.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
world cup 2018