daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 19th, 2010, 02:19 AM   #1301
Richo83

Likes (Received): 1

Love the England vid, does a good job of showing how mad the English are about soccer and how ingrained it is in their culture. Also shows off Wembley too! Also nice nod to racial integration in that add too, if you've ever heard about the race problems in Spain and Russia it's no small thing. Don't hear monkey chants much in England.

I think England deserves the wc due to the fact that the Spanish bid pays lip service to Portugal, they've had it after England and Russia's bid IMO isn't as impressive as England's, which contains Emirates, Wembley, Old Trafford + more.

And aussies and brits, why the hate? If they win 2018, and we win 2022, we can go visit each other's nations and see a world cup. We're not competing for the same world cup, so chill everyone! Feel the love I say. If England host the 2018 it'll be epic. As much as I loved the African world cup, it'd also mean no vuvuzelas.
Richo83 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #1302
Trelawny
BANNED

The video is only London, I thought it was an english world cup? Seems a little like Doha 2022 if you ask me.

Maybe it's just in London were you can actually find a south asian and a black kid kicking a ball.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #1303
JimB

Likes (Received): 4813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
The video is only London, I thought it was an english world cup? Seems a little like Doha 2022 if you ask me.

Maybe it's just in London were you can actually find a south asian and a black kid kicking a ball.
Each of the host cities have produced or will produce their own video.

As to the ethnicity of the population of various cities, I don't see why it's relevant. But, if it is really so important to you, most English cities are very multicultural.
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #1304
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
Each of the host cities have produced or will produce their own video.

As to the ethnicity of the population of various cities, I don't see why it's relevant. But, if it is really so important to you, most English cities are very multicultural.
He's never been to Bradford or Birmingham apparently.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #1305
Trelawny
BANNED

But anyway the 2018 race is looking tight. Don't know who is going to win.

Last edited by Trelawny; October 19th, 2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #1306
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

The bid cities all made videos and London's bid video is for me, better than the English bid video, which is kind of funny, but hey the more bid videos the better I say.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #1307
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

That video is a bit stale.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #1308
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo83 View Post
And aussies and brits, why the hate? If they win 2018, and we win 2022, we can go visit each other's nations and see a world cup. We're not competing for the same world cup, so chill everyone! Feel the love I say. If England host the 2018 it'll be epic. As much as I loved the African world cup, it'd also mean no vuvuzelas.
I didn't know there was any hate. We have a great rivalry in many things, especially sport but have seldomly met in soccer. Sentimentally I was personally a little mythed at why the UK would suggestively do a deal USA before Australia (yanks, we love you too) but quickly understood each others strategic position.

Last edited by Walbanger; October 19th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #1309
MysteryMike
BANNED

There was no deal, England were really only going for 2018, that's where the European bid is going to win, not in 2022
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #1310
Trelawny
BANNED

Wayne Rooney is leaving Man U!!!!! Crazy!
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #1311
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
There was no deal, England were really only going for 2018, that's where the European bid is going to win, not in 2022
I know that, I was reffering to my sentiments of suggestions England would link up with the US before Australia. Kind of like a mother picking one child over the other.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:24 AM   #1312
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Wayne Rooney is leaving Man U!!!!! Crazy!
Of course he is, he's also a money grabbing, granny shagging useless tosser.
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #1313
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
I know that, I was reffering to my sentiments of suggestions England would link up with the US before Australia. Kind of like a mother picking one child over the other.
I didn't know you were part of the family?
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:20 PM   #1314
MysteryMike
BANNED

ENGLAND'S dream of hosting the World Cup in 2018 was boosted last night by the FIFA bribes row. An investigation exposed some members of a key FIFA committee secretly touting for cash to vote for rival nations. And experts said the storm could increase our chances of landing the tournament because it proved England's bid was not corrupt.

During the investigation a former FIFA official told undercover Sunday Times journalists we had hampered our own chances because the FA did not resort to bungs. He said: "England have got all the good reasons why they should host it but don't strike the deals." Last night the claims were being investigated by soccer's ruling body FIFA, whose president Sepp Blatter was said to be furious. Investigators posing as lobbyists for the US bid had covertly filmed Amos Adamu, head of the West African Football Union, asking for £500,000 to "guarantee" his support. Nigerian Adamu claimed the money was for building pitches.

Fellow FIFA executive committee member Reynald Temarii, of Tahiti, allegedly asked for £1.5million for a sport academy. Temarii also boasted that bribes of £6million had been offered by two rival nations. Last night business leader Sir Keith Mills said: "FIFA will take this very seriously. Neither I nor my colleagues had any idea this was going on."

Another source said: "It can only help our cause if bribery is rooted out because England's bid is clean."The hosts of the 2018 Cup will be decided by FIFA's executive committee by ballot on December 2. England is up against rivals Russia and joint bids from Spain/Portugal and Holland/Belgium, with the US since having dropped out. At a secret meeting in London, journalists approached Adamu to strike a deal for his vote for what he thought was the American bid. After asking for 800,000 dollars, about £500,000, he said: "Certainly if you are to invest that, that means you also want the vote." In Auckland, New Zealand, Oceania Football Confederation president Reynald Temarii claimed two bid committees had offered between ten million and 12 million dollars.

Temarii, a former French footballer, said he was "keen to discuss" finance for a sports academy. Former FIFA official Ahongalu Fusimalohi, from Tonga, was secretly filmed saying England's bid had been hindered by not offering bribes like some other bidders. He said: "England don't strike the deals. These people will go all over the world to get it at any price." The investigators also met Ismail Bhamjee, from Botswana, who was forced to resign as a FIFA official over a tickets scandal in 2006. Yesterday Temarii said he was "confident" about his "integrity" - but admitted: "I made a mistake by talking in that way. I asked the FIFA president to investigate." FIFA's independent ethics panel is scheduled to discuss his case on Wednesday. It claimed to have "closely monitored" the bidding process for the 2018 tournament.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz12z26MXQw
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM   #1315
MysteryMike
BANNED

England's 2018 World Cup bid is set for a major boost when it is named the stand-out candidate to host the tournament by FIFA.While the world governing body is trying to deal with the fall-out of the cash for votes scandal that saw Nigeria's Amos Adamu and Tahitian Reynald Temarii suspended pending a full investigation, there are now less than six weeks until the venue decision is taken in Zurich on December 2.

A major element that Sepp Blatter's 24-man Executive Committee will take into account is the official FIFA Inspection Team's report into the bidding nations' campaigns. That team, headed by Chile's Harold Mayne-Nicholl's, includes South Africa's Danny Jordaan, the favourite to be co-opted to take over Adamu's Ex-Co seat next month.

And UEFA chiefs are understood to believe the report, due to be published in the middle of November, will make it clear that England and not Russia or the joint bids from Spain/Portugal and Holland/Belgium is the best candidate for 2018. One highly-placed UEFA source said: "From what we have heard, the English bid is miles ahead of the rest in terms of the lack of risk, infrastructure and readiness to host the World Cup."

If the intimations are correct, it will give England's bid team a huge step forward in the vital last few weeks before the decision is made.The temporary suspensions of Adamu and Temarii came as Blatter was forced to promise he would expel "these devils you find in football" and vow: "We have to fight that the people in charge of FIFA behave as they should do and if this is not the case then we have to intervene."

If Temarii is also expelled, as seems likely, the most probable successor as Oceania representative would be New Zealander Fred De Jong, expected to be enthusiastic towards an England bid. But Blatter is now under huge pressure to ensure the vote for 2018 and 2022 is clean, with Spain/Portugal and 2022 candidate Qatar at serious risk of being thrown off the ballot by FIFA's Ethics Committee if they are found to have colluded in a banned vote-swapping deal.

Jordaan hinted earlier this month that the report will make firm recommendations, when he said: "You will have a good idea of how we see the full strength of the cases when the report comes out next month. We will report objectively on what we find." And if the Technical report does come down as strongly in England's favour, it will justify the view of insiders such as Northern Ireland's Jim Boyce, who will replace England's Geoff Thompson as the Home Nations' FIFA vice-president in June.

Boyce said: "I feel England has to be given the 2018 World Cup. The country already has proper infrastructure and proper stadiums. England has everything in place and could organise a World Cup in 10 days' time. I would be very disappointed if England are not successful."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle609365.html
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM   #1316
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

I do back England but surely even though Japan is not favourite, its venues are probably all ready, and transport is already in place in most cases...?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:44 AM   #1317
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
I do back England but surely even though Japan is not favourite, its venues are probably all ready, and transport is already in place in most cases...?
There venues are likely ready or very nearly ready to use(although the Kobe stadium's capacity is smaller now) but I'd guess the transport infrastrcture might not be as good, most of them have afterall not been used to capacity since the WC.

A good half of the stadiums used at the last WC had athletics tracks aswell with one of the others being a baseball stadium.
MoreOrLess no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1318
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

As a footballer. as a fan. give me Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembley, English fans any day of the week. Its the perfect bid. If FIFA was told one nation must host the world cup for as long as it existed. England would be the only choice.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:18 PM   #1319
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
As an Englishman, give me Anfield, Old Trafford, Wembley, English fans any day of the week. Its the perfect bid. If FIFA was told one nation must host the world cup for as long as it existed. England would be the only choice.
Corrected it for you. You know, there are other countries with great stadia and fantastic fans out there as well.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM   #1320
chrisbramley85
www.myspace.com/50caliber

Likes (Received): 2

i dont think the olympic stadium in stratford should be used for the world cup. ive got my doubts about it being used in the olympics as it is.

all those tourists with their shiney new cameras are gonna get ROOOOOBBED by boys with their hoods up.

i dont think that anyone on the olympic committe has ever set foot in stratford in their life.

but i do hope we get the 2018 world cup tho. shit ill be 33 then....
chrisbramley85 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
world cup 2018