daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1361
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #1362
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7065

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
PROBABLEY THE BEST PARTY ENGLAND SONG FOR EURO 2012:
PROBABLEY THE BEST SINGLE ENGLAND SONG FOR EURO 2008:

AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #1363
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
RESULT OF ENGLISH 20-YEARS STRUGGLE VS. HOOLIGANISM. DRUNK ENGLISH FANS AFTER MATCH:

P.S. Russians beat Brits for second time during one day:
Good evidence for why a world cup shouldnt be held in barbaric Russia..this would never happen to foreign fans in England.
Mr Trebus no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #1364
RobH

Likes (Received): 10341

Sepp Blatter praises England's example in tackling hooliganism

Sepp Blatter has praised England's efforts to eradicate hooliganism, and claimed similar measures would have prevented the trouble at the match between Italy and Serbia last night.

The Fifa president was speaking after meeting David Cameron, the prime minister, in Downing Street, where Blatter received a presentation on England's bid for the 2018 World Cup. The Swiss said he was impressed by the bid, and urged other national associations to replicate the all-seat stadiums and lack of fences at the country's leading clubs.

Last night's Euro 2012 qualifier in Genoa was abandoned after only seven minutes due to trouble involving Serbia fans. Blatter said: "England is the motherland of football. England has given so much to football, and England is going on to carry on giving much to football. Your predecessors were in a very difficult situation from 1985 to 1989 and so on. I don't want to speak about what happened then, but the reaction you have made.

"You have given to the world security in the stadiums. You have built all your stadia, there are no fences and everyone is sitting. If this had been the case we would not have had the problems we had in Genoa yesterday at the match. This is a big legacy, an important legacy you have given to the world.

"If only all the national associations in the world, and their leagues [had stadiums like this], we would have more fair play in our game.

"You did it - it's a question of organisation and it is also a question of discipline and respect. You did it here - and now we say where are the hooligans?

"They are not in the stadium and this is a compliment to your government and your predecessors."

Blatter watched Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons before going to 10 Downing Street for the presentation and lunch with Cameron, who was unable to meet him on his visit in August as his wife was about to give birth.

Cameron stressed the value of England's global legacy plans, which include matching Fifa's estimated £75m annual investment in grassroots football. Blatter added: "Now England can organise the World Cup tomorrow, England can organise the World Cup – that's not a problem, but what you are doing is a World Cup for the world. The situation is such that your bid has impressed me personally. I will report to the executive committee when they meet [at the end of October] before the 2 December decision."

Fabio Capello was among those at Number 10 and Blatter even made a joke about England's disappointing 0-0 draw against Montenegro. He added: "I wish you good luck, and I hope the goals are scored ... more than yesterday."

Cameron promised the government's full backing to the 2018 bid and paid tribute Blatter for having taken the World Cup to South Africa.

The prime minister also stressed England's work in tackling racism in football – an issue that has bedevilled their bid rivals Russia. Cameron said: "I hope you see that England has got what it takes to host the greatest tournament on earth. I hope you can see how much our country wants this.

"Most important of all, I hope you have seen the real legacy that we plan to leave. Our bid is not about not what the World Cup can do for one country it's about what the World Cup can do for the world."

The Prime Minister stressed the passion for the game in England, and the stadiums, transport links and infrastructure already in place.

He went on: "We are the most diverse football nation in the world and we have travelled so far in kicking racism right out of football and that is one of the reasons why I believe we can make 2018 such a success."

England 2018 chief executive Andy Anson said the visit had been "excellent" for the bid.

He said: "One thing the president mentioned today was our long-established credibility in dealing with hooliganism and that's fantastic to hear."
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #1365
JimB

Likes (Received): 4813

Quote:
RESULT OF ENGLISH 20-YEARS STRUGGLE VS. HOOLIGANISM. DRUNK ENGLISH FANS AFTER MATCH:

P.S. Russians beat Brits for second time during one day:
Your motives are transparent. You're clearly just trying to get this thread closed, like all the others.

Stop it. And grow up.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #1366
RobH

Luckily, he has raised one of the bid's strongest points so his post has rather backfired. No nation on Earth has done more to tackle hooliganism and with greater success than England. Blatter was quite clear about that when he visited the PM last week.

Anyway, it seems England have withdrawn their complaint to FIFA. I strongly suspect the reason for the complaint was that the England bid wanted to keep everything official rather than entering into a war of words with Russia, but it was never going to result in anything what with everything else FIFA has on its plate at the moment.

Back to business as usual now.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #1367
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Luckily, he has raised one of the bid's strongest points so his post has rather backfired. No nation on Earth has done more to tackle hooliganism and with greater success than England. Blatter was quite clear about that when he visited the PM last week.

Anyway, it seems England have withdrawn their complaint to FIFA. I strongly suspect the reason for the complaint was that the England bid wanted to keep everything official rather than entering into a war of words with Russia, but it was never going to result in anything what with everything else FIFA has on its plate at the moment.

Back to business as usual now.
Exactly, certain countries have done nothing obviously. They seem to keep popping up on the news everyday.
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #1368
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthemod View Post
hahahaha....that settles it, it's in the bag!

Need to get this bus rolling around Zurich for the next month
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #1369
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old October 30th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1370
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

EDIT.

Last edited by Mr.Underground; October 30th, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM   #1371
MysteryMike
BANNED

Some people just never learn

Finally, the bidding war between Russia and England for the 2018 World Cup has threatened to descend into farce, as Viacheslav Koloskov, adviser to the Russian bid, today launched a scathing attack upon the English bid: "It's a comical situation.” said Koloskov, “The English are afraid of how badly their bid is going […] The behaviour of the English is absolutely primitive. Instead of talking about their own excellence and merits, they try to put off their opponents." His comments are likely to draw the ire of the English bid team, who had formally complained about their rivals’ chief executive. With FIFA called in to mediate between the two factions, the tensions that blighted England’s relationship with Russia in the 20th Century are once more beginning to show. Considering the magnitude of the effect the World Cup would have upon the stumbling economy of each country, it is no surprise that the battle to be named as host is so intense. But to employ such playground tactics is infantile, and somewhat blights the harmonious intentions of the competition. From a purely footballing perspective, one hopes that the tournament itself does match the farcical nature of the bidding process.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6...d-cup-bid.html
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1372
RobH

This news is a few days old and has already been discussed Mike, keep up

The England bid has since withdrawn its complaint and Russia's Sports Minister has apologised. There's not any more to be said really.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #1373
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:05 PM   #1374
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
This news is a few days old and has already been discussed Mike, keep up

The England bid has since withdrawn its complaint and Russia's Sports Minister has apologised. There's not any more to be said really.
I haven't seen it on this thread
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:24 PM   #1375
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trebus View Post
Good evidence for why a world cup shouldnt be held in barbaric Russia..this would never happen to foreign fans in England.
Barbarous Russia regularly organizes international sports competitions at any level. We have no problems with the organization. Therefore, change your tone, please! We don't need in British nationalists!
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:29 PM   #1376
RobH

Your YouTube videos have no place in this thread either, so pretend to take the moral high ground. We don't need Russian morons either.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:33 PM   #1377
TheoG

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Barbarous Russia regularly organizes international sports competitions at any level. We have no problems with the organization. Therefore, change your tone, please! We don't need in British nationalists!
Sarcasm detecting fail.
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:09 AM   #1378
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Your YouTube videos have no place in this thread either, so pretend to take the moral high ground. We don't need Russian morons either.
It's real videos which show behaviour of English fans after own defeats. It must be in this thread. If you dislike it that it's your personal problems.
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM   #1379
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
It's real videos which show behaviour of English fans after own defeats. It must be in this thread. If you dislike it that it's your personal problems.
like I said some people never learn
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:52 AM   #1380
RobH

Quote:
I can dig up at least 20 vidoes of Russian football violence. Now kindly go **** your mother or discuss things properly.

I'm really fed up with shits like you and am not in the mood.

EDIT: I was going to edit this post because it's inappropriate, but actually I can't be bothered. It's what I think whether you like it or not. Russians are ruining these threads with their discussions of the British press and their vidoes and their constant ******* whining. An IQ of ten between the lot of you, I'm certain of that. I'm also certain most Russians aren't like the six or seven who post here and would be embarrassed to be in the same room as any of you. I've always found at least one person from a bidding nation on these kinds of forums - be it a world cup, CWGs or Olympics - who isn't a blind nationalist and is able to discuss things without resorting to trolling, but the Russians on this forum are an exception to the rule. Not one redeeming member between all of you. Congratulations!

I'm now of the opinion that ALL the world cup threads should be locked and not reopened. It's like hitting your head against a brick wall.

Last edited by RobH; November 1st, 2010 at 01:13 AM.
RobH no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
world cup 2018