daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:45 AM   #1381
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,048
Likes (Received): 4862

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
It's real videos which show behaviour of English fans after own defeats. It must be in this thread. If you dislike it that it's your personal problems.
One video of an England fan singing - yes, shocking, I know.....he was actually SINGING - on the Moscow Underground / Metro....................yeah, that's ******* awful behaviour, that is. As punishment for such an atrocity, England should not only be banned from hosting the World Cup, they should also be banned from ever again competing in international football. That'll teach that England fan not to behave so disgracefully again.

Seriously, AlekseyVT, are you so far up your own arse that you think that singing on public transport is a hanging offence?

Get a life!

As to the other video, it's hard to tell but it seems to be footage of a gang of Russians attacking some English fans on the Moscow Underground / Metro.

In which case............yes, you're absolutely right. How dare the English travel on public transport in Moscow? Unforgiveable behaviour. How dare any of those English fans get their chins in the way of any wholsesome Russian fists? Clearly, the English deserved to be attacked by fine, law abiding, upstanding, gentle and not at all xenophobic (not in the slightest) Russian youths.

.............

.............

Doh!
JimB no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:53 AM   #1382
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
like I said some people never learn
Are about Brits?
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:59 AM   #1383
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I can dig up at least 20 vidoes of Russian football violence. Now kindly go **** your mother or discuss things properly.

I'm really fed up with shits like you and am not in the mood.
You really so naive? I have personally been in this match and I saw your countrymen in a bad way. But I did not write that whole Britain is a barbaric country. And your compatriot wrote it about my country and you defend his point of view. When I ask you to be careful, you produce more BS.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:29 AM   #1384
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
You really so naive? I have personally been in this match and I saw your countrymen in a bad way. But I did not write that whole Britain is a barbaric country. And your compatriot wrote it about my country and you defend his point of view. When I ask you to be careful, you produce more BS.
Sarcasm detecting fail no.2
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:29 AM   #1385
Harry1990
Registered User
 
Harry1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 693
Likes (Received): 45

can some one please ban this idiot from talking on the english bid page, he is syaing untrue and highly offensive things that are dangerously close to libel. i am getting sick and tired of people thinking we are still holligans like in the 1970's, since then we have cleaned up our act, built proper seated and safe stadiums, kicked racism out of the game, helped football devolp in third world countries where as countries like spain, italy, russia, poland, ukraine etc you can't go on the pitch without being called a monkey or have banana's thrown at you, or our fans get beaten up by stewards etc im not saying that all people that attend football in those countries are/ or do those things but it is clearly evident.

and russian person, england had the largest traveling support for the world cup this year and there was absolutly no arrest made on english people so the fact you call us holligans is laughable. and stop saying british bid and british people its and english bid.

sorry my rants over now can we please go back to discussing the stadiums of each bid and hopefully the russians will either have proper discussion with use about merits on they should use there own russia page
Harry1990 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:25 AM   #1386
crazyalex
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 244
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
third world countries where as countries like spain, italy, russia, poland, ukraine
LOL wtf ami reading

>Russian should use there own russia page
Im agree with you
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:37 AM   #1387
JimB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,048
Likes (Received): 4862

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyalex View Post
LOL wtf ami reading

>Russian should use there own russia page
Im agree with you
I think you misunderstood him.

He was talking about how the English FA and Premier League facilitate and invest in football coaching programmes in many "third world" (I hate that expression!) countries.

He then contrasted that with the overt racism too frequently experienced in some European countries.

I'm not entirely certain that his argument has been well thought out but I am pretty sure that he wasn't suggesting that the likes of Spain, Italy, Russia, Poland and Ukraine are "third world" countries!
JimB no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM   #1388
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Sarcasm detecting fail no.2
what sarcasm
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:04 AM   #1389
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Has there been any comment from the Times on the article they (apparently) didn't publish on the Russian allegations as to why they didn't publish it?
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:20 AM   #1390
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
i am getting sick and tired of people thinking we are still holligans like in the 1970's, since then we have cleaned up our act, built proper seated and safe stadiums, kicked racism out of the game,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
helped football devolp in third world countries where as countries like spain, italy, russia, poland, ukraine....
Thank you, British guys. You said it. For this reason we always will be against English bid. Can you say how you helped football development in my country?

No more comments. I'm better will go eat.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM   #1391
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Thank you, British guys. You said it. For this reason we always will be against English bid. Can you say how you helped football development in my country?

No more comments. I'm better will go eat.
Read the sentence again, he wasn't saying they helped football in Russia (and so on), he was saying they help football in other countries when Russia and so on don't.

Not saying its right or wrong, but this sentence has been misread a lot (which is understandable, even for native English speaker it is not so clear)
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:13 AM   #1392
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
what sarcasm
He failed to notice sarcasm in this post twice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trebus View Post
Good evidence for why a world cup shouldnt be held in barbaric Russia..this would never happen to foreign fans in England.
WTF is with the video??
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:46 AM   #1393
void0
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St.Petersburg, Espoo
Posts: 2,098
Likes (Received): 2870

Alexey, leave brits alone, discussions and proven something doesn't make any sense.
void0 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1394
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by void0 View Post
Alexey, leave brits alone, discussions and proven something doesn't make any sense.
I can't really work out what your trying to say
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:08 PM   #1395
WFInsider
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,158
Likes (Received): 4458

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Sarcasm detecting fail.
Mr Trebus wasn't sarcastic. Read his other comments.
WFInsider no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:26 PM   #1396
TheoG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tunbridge Wells, UK
Posts: 204
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFInsider View Post
Mr Trebus wasn't sarcastic. Read his other comments.
So, is he not allowed to be sarcastic in one post without being sarcastic in the others? The post was more ironic than sarcastic, granted, but he was making a joke about how the Russians posted loads of videos of English football violence.
__________________
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
TheoG no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:43 PM   #1397
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Rephrasing apples & pears rant: Don't get agitated by anonymous cyber individuals with selective perception, deploying ad hominem tactics.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM   #1398
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,862
Likes (Received): 10574

Majority back Bristol City Football Club's new stadium bid, new polls reveals

MORE than half of people surveyed about Bristol City Football Club's new stadium plan say the fields at Ashton Vale should not become a town green.

The figures have been revealed in a poll of 1,000 people across the city carried out by research and polling consultancy, ComRes.

The survey, carried out over four days in October, revealed 53 per cent of Bristol residents don't want the site to be made a town green, while 33 per cent think it should.

And two online surveys go even further – so far showing 21,210 signatures against town green status and just 830 in favour.

The survey was carried out following the recommendation from a planning inspector that the whole of the 42 acre site should be registered as a town green.

If it was it would scupper the club's plans for a £92 million new stadium, that could be used to host World Cup games if England wins the 2018 bid.

It also showed that 64 per cent of people supported the stadium plan, with only 24 per cent against.

Interviewees were split into two areas – Greater Bristol and those living in the area close to the proposed stadium site.

The survey revealed that across Greater Bristol, 69 per cent of those questioned were in favour of the football club building a new stadium in Ashton Vale.

And more than half – 58 per cent – of people living close to the proposed stadium site were also in favour of the development.

The football club won planning permission for the stadium earlier this year, but a group of residents opposed the development and it led to an application for the land to be given town green status.

People living near the site said it had been used for many decades as amenity land by local people and that it should not be developed.

The questionnaire also revealed that 56 per cent of residents considered the issue of whether to build a new football stadium as "very" or "fairly" important. Of those who say the club should not be allowed to build a new stadium at Ashton Vale, 71 per cent believe it should be allowed to build a new stadium at another location in the Bristol area.

The most popular alternative locations for a new stadium are Temple Meads and Avonmouth but nearly 32 per cent of people said they did not know where else the ground should be built.

The survey was commissioned by ITV's regional news programme, The West Country Tonight, and the results are due to be broadcast on its programme at 6pm this evening.

Bristol City Football Club chief executive Colin Sexstone said: "The survey was not commissioned by us but the results come as no surprise to me.

"It is reassuring to know the vast majority of people in Bristol want the stadium to happen.

"We now have to make it happen."

Link

RobH no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1399
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Majority back Bristol City Football Club's new stadium bid, new polls reveals

MORE than half of people surveyed about Bristol City Football Club's new stadium plan say the fields at Ashton Vale should not become a town green.

The figures have been revealed in a poll of 1,000 people across the city carried out by research and polling consultancy, ComRes.

The survey, carried out over four days in October, revealed 53 per cent of Bristol residents don't want the site to be made a town green, while 33 per cent think it should.

And two online surveys go even further – so far showing 21,210 signatures against town green status and just 830 in favour.

The survey was carried out following the recommendation from a planning inspector that the whole of the 42 acre site should be registered as a town green.

If it was it would scupper the club's plans for a £92 million new stadium, that could be used to host World Cup games if England wins the 2018 bid.

It also showed that 64 per cent of people supported the stadium plan, with only 24 per cent against.

Interviewees were split into two areas – Greater Bristol and those living in the area close to the proposed stadium site.

The survey revealed that across Greater Bristol, 69 per cent of those questioned were in favour of the football club building a new stadium in Ashton Vale.

And more than half – 58 per cent – of people living close to the proposed stadium site were also in favour of the development.

The football club won planning permission for the stadium earlier this year, but a group of residents opposed the development and it led to an application for the land to be given town green status.

People living near the site said it had been used for many decades as amenity land by local people and that it should not be developed.

The questionnaire also revealed that 56 per cent of residents considered the issue of whether to build a new football stadium as "very" or "fairly" important. Of those who say the club should not be allowed to build a new stadium at Ashton Vale, 71 per cent believe it should be allowed to build a new stadium at another location in the Bristol area.

The most popular alternative locations for a new stadium are Temple Meads and Avonmouth but nearly 32 per cent of people said they did not know where else the ground should be built.

The survey was commissioned by ITV's regional news programme, The West Country Tonight, and the results are due to be broadcast on its programme at 6pm this evening.

Bristol City Football Club chief executive Colin Sexstone said: "The survey was not commissioned by us but the results come as no surprise to me.

"It is reassuring to know the vast majority of people in Bristol want the stadium to happen.

"We now have to make it happen."

Link

These green tossers should be shot in my opinion, honestly. The stadium's not a bloody coal powered power station but it's been treated like one, morons. BTW has anybody read Bin hammam's embarrassing statement blaming the English media for FIFA's corruption? What a bloody joke Honestly I don't think the other media outlets have backed the English press enough but either way FIFA are dead, if they do not do something against these collusion statements. If Spainyol/Portucorrupt bid or Doha win then quite frankly there will be massive chaos in world football, I can guarantee you that much.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:44 PM   #1400
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

MysteryMike no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
world cup 2018

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium