daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #1441
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

It simply can't be reality.
England will be final two
Spain has damaged Russia's bid,no doubt

If EthCo do their job things will be back to normal re the vote.If they don't then football as a product will be devalued by these 24 men at the expense of the 3 billion football followers they represent.
Are these people ,or a majority anyway,prepared to take such a retrograde step?
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #1442
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Ok lets get real.

I still think England will win, but it will of course be close. It all depends on "first votes" and off the top of my mind, England is a natural first choice for many FIFA execs.

Can Russia win? Yes.

But if you're going to look at the final 2, and see Russia go up against England, I'm going to put my money on England.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1443
Pfeuffer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 405

hey english mates,
do you really want to see your next defeat against Germany at home again ??
Pfeuffer no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #1444
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4447

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Spain has damaged Russia's bid,no doubt
HOW?

Guys, do you live in your own reality?
Quote:
All because FIFA are *****
ok, "*****" don't need you.
WFInsider no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #1445
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFInsider View Post
HOW?

Collusion with Qatar takes them to 7 votes straight away.We know England have more than this so it leaves Russia out in the cold.
Spain has stolen votes of Russia in the last few weeks

Russia and the USA have been the biggest losers from the collusion between MBH and the Iberians
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #1446
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

I'm wondering if this isnt a bit of reverse phycology by the english bid, the more we hype up the potential damage to our bid the more choosing us is the "anti corruption" option.

That said I'm never supprized by the level of brazen corruption and self interest within FIFA. At the end of the day who are they accountable to? who could actually take action agenst them?
MoreOrLess no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #1447
Turbosnail

Likes (Received): 266

TBH I hope we don't get it (England) - we don't need it and we can spend the money on something else - I'd give it to Spain or, if it wasn't so corrupt, Russia
Turbosnail no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM   #1448
USP

Likes (Received): 0

The main problem of english bid is that FIFA must choose hosts of next two WC at once and -we can definitely tell- WC in 2022 will be held by an english speaking country (both USA and Australia bids are great... were in Australia just a month ago). Two WC succesively in english speaking countries - it is just wrong. It's like Euro2012 in Germany - right after Austria hosted it or Euro2016 in Russia - after Ukraine. So if the fate of WC2022 didn't dare at the same session as WC2018, i'd give my vote for England.
USP no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #1449
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7065

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The main difference between English and Russian fans in the fact that Russians does not consider other bids as "second-class" bids. For this reason England fans are not deserve the World Cup.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1450
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Quote:
+1000000000000000000000000

when russia are 'awarded' 2018..i hope theres a concerted campaign by our press to expose that slimeball toad blatter and they **** all his corrupt lackeys and minions up the arse..time to CLEAR HOUSE.**** FIFA!
Mr Trebus no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #1451
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by USP View Post
The main problem of english bid is that FIFA must choose hosts of next two WC at once and -we can definitely tell- WC in 2022 will be held by an english speaking country (both USA and Australia bids are great... were in Australia just a month ago). Two WC succesively in english speaking countries - it is just wrong. It's like Euro2012 in Germany - right after Austria hosted it or Euro2016 in Russia - after Ukraine. So if the fate of WC2022 didn't dare at the same session as WC2018, i'd give my vote for England.
I understand what you are getting at but was it wrong for FIFA to give the World Cup to 3 Spanish speaking countries consecutively in '78, '82, '86.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #1452
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
The main difference between English and Russian fans in the fact that Russians does not consider other bids as "second-class" bids. For this reason England fans are not deserve the World Cup.
nonsense,we dont consider the other bids second class at all.What we hate is the corrupt and criminal organisation known as FIFA
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #1453
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trebus View Post
+1000000000000000000000000
when russia are 'awarded' 2018..i hope theres a concerted campaign by our press to expose that slimeball toad blatter and they **** all his corrupt lackeys and minions up the arse..time to CLEAR HOUSE.**** FIFA!
Quote:
nonsense,we dont consider the other bids second class at all.What we hate is the corrupt and criminal organisation known as FIFA
Your posts contradict each other. You blame Russia, not Spain (who is under investigation now). Like other English fans.
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #1454
Mr Trebus
BANNED

Quote:
Your posts contradict each other. You blame Russia, not Spain (who is under investigation now). Like other English fans.
no they dont..they both have the fundamental point that FIFA is a corrupt organisation run by a slimeball weasel.
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM   #1455
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
no they dont..they both have the fundamental point that FIFA is a corrupt organisation run by a slimeball weasel.
May be, FIFA like IOC are damaged by corruption. But if they choose England, Spain/Portugal or Belgium/Netherlands, nobody of Russians fans will cry - "We're are the best, FIFA betrayed us! We must be winners".

When I visited UK two years ago, my guide said that if Brits are losing, they do it with dignity. But now times are changing, and I'm very doubt in this.
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #1456
RobH

Likes (Received): 10347

Quote:
I don't consider the other bids as second class at all. Try harder next time you want to start an argument.

I do however think England's bid is very good and should certainly not be out of the running at this stage. Let's hope none of these stories are true. If they are, FIFA, collectively are idiots.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old November 9th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #1457
RobH

Likes (Received): 10347

Quote:
May be, FIFA like IOC are damaged by corruption. But if they choose England, Spain/Portugal or Belgium/Netherlands, nobody of Russians fans will cry - "We're are the best, FIFA betrayed us! We must be winners".

When I visited UK two years ago, my guide said that if Brits are losing, they do it with dignity. But now times are changing, and I'm very doubt in this.

Stupid generalisations aside, you don't get it do you?

If Russia or Spain was seen to be in the lead and we had no corruption within FIFA, no members willingly selling votes, no reports suggesting England's bid is damaged through no fault of its own, it'd be fine. We would, if our bid eventually lost, congratulate the victor and move on.

But this is not the case, as you well know. If England loses and doesn't get a decent number of votes, there will be very few who will believe FIFA hasn't held a grudge. Losing gracefully and congratulating the victor is one thing (I will congratulate Russia if they win), but that doesn't mean keeping quiet about a bid process which has been mismanaged to the point of almost total collapse. And nor, by the way, does it rule out England taking retributive action against FIFA, be it through the courts or financially with, I would hope, the cooperation of the other losing bids who've had to endure this joke of a bid process.

I'm quite certain, if the positions were reversed, you'd not be happy either. FIFA have mismanaged this completely and whoever loses (that includes Russia by the way) has a right to make their displeasure about FIFA and their processes known.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #1458
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
I don't consider the other bids as second class at all. Try harder next time you want to start an argument.

I do however think England's bid is very good and should certainly not be out of the running at this stage. Let's hope none of these stories are true. If they are, FIFA, collectively are idiots.
Rob, who selects the host of the World Cup? - The members of FIFA.

Why do members of FIFA to vote for the country? - Only due to subjective opinion. Subjective opinion is determined by several factors. People's mood is changeable. Today I can like one thing, tomorrow I can dislike it.

Should England must get the World Cup? - This is a subjective position of each fan, which largely depends on his nationality.

If England get a small number of votes, what does this mean? - Nothing, it's just subjective opinion of the members of FIFA. Of course, you will say what England is motherland of football, that Mother England have good infrastructure, stadiums, railrads. But it's don't mean that Mother England should to win without any questions.

I know situation with voting for Winter Olympic Games 2014. It was choice good Austrian ski resort with excellent infrastructure and two unknown cities in South Korea and Russia, which never host any major winter event before. And Salzburg lost in first round.

If England bid will lose in 1st round, there will be never reasons for protest without any serious proofs.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #1459
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

"But it's don't mean that Mother England should to win without any questions." Where on earth did he, or any other English poster on here even imply that? You're just fishing for an argument.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #1460
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

There will absolutely be a reason to moan if any bidy is eliminited in Round 1, especially England's. This bid process is bordering on being a complete farce. I don't need the English media to tell me that.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
world cup 2018