daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: -
- 0 0%
- 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old December 1st, 2010, 04:50 AM   #1621
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdidasGazelle View Post
The sooner the voting process is over and the WC has been awarded to Russia the better. Then all this cringeworthy stuff MysteryMike keeps on posting will stop. Have you got a Beckham bedspread Mike?
That's funny Mr Adidas

MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:58 AM   #1622
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9719

Last edited by parcdesprinces; December 1st, 2010 at 06:55 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM   #1623
MysteryMike
BANNED

ON THE eve of tomorrow's decision on who will host the 2018 World Cup, football-crazy primary school children have joined those pledging their support.

Pupils at Pilgrim Primary school said they were excited at the thought of seeing some of the world's biggest stars grace the turf at nearby Home Park.

Plymouth is one of 12 host cities England is putting forward as part of its case for holding the tournament, though the winner must wait until 2013 to find out which venues have made the final list.

The country faces stiff competition from front-runners Russia and Spain/Portugal, as well as fellow bidders Holland/Belgium.

Media reports linking alleged corruption to football's world governing body FIFA are feared to have damaged the country's chances, despite a report by bid inspectors showing England has the strongest case.

Children at Pilgrim Primary were united in saying the country – and in particular Plymouth – would be the perfect place for sport's biggest spectacle to take place.

When the 2018 tournament kicks off Amelia and her school friends will be approaching 18 years of age.

The ten-year-old Chelsea supporter said: "Thinking about eight years' time is scary.

"But I would definitely go to watch it – my dad would probably take me by the hands and make me go anyway!"

Jack, aged nine, said it was "really exciting" to think Plymouth could be a step closer to securing top-class football in just a few days' time.

"My favourite player is Fernando Torres," he said. "Hopefully he will still be playing because I'd love to see him in real life."

Nagina, 10, said she watched lots of World Cup matches on television when the tournament was held in South Africa this summer. "It would be good to see all the big players here," she said. "I hope England do better though!"

Ten-year-old Ryan, a big David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo fan, agreed.

He said: "Just imagine bumping into one of them in Plymouth!

"It's kind of surprising the World Cup could be here but I would like to go to it."

Budding goalkeeper Cameron, also ten, said he would love to strap on his football boots and play in the tournament itself.

"I definitely think they should choose England," he added.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news...l/article.html
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:02 AM   #1624
mdhar.v12

Likes (Received): 42

ZURICH: World Cups held in England and the United States would meet all of FIFA's projected revenue targets and deliver bigger profits to world soccer's governing body than any of their competitors, according to a confidential report.

Both England, who are bidding for the 2018 finals, and the US, bidding for 2022, were given an unbeatable overall 100 percent rating by management consultants McKinsey.

McKinsey were commissioned by FIFA to analyses each bid across five key revenue streams: sponsorship, ticketing, hospitality, licensing and media rights.

The report, which does not reveal FIFA's projected target figure, just each country's potential to meet it, has been sent to the 22 FIFA members who will decide the destinations of the two World Cups on Thursday.

It will be discussed by the executive committee for the first time on Wednesday.

The report, entitled FIFA's World Cup Host Candidate Assessment, gave England an overall 100 percent rating for 2018, followed by Spain/Portugal with 91 percent, Netherlands/Belgium 87 percent and Russia 86 percent.

For 2022, it rated the United States top with an overall 100 percent evaluation, followed by Japan with 73 percent, South Korea 71 percent, Qatar 70 percent, and Australia on 68 percent.

HIGHEST REVENUE POTENTIAL

England scored 100 percent in all five of the revenue stream areas, while the United States scored 100 percent in four.

All the European candidates for 2018 scored 100 percent in media rights because McKinsey did not see a variation in revenue potential as all countries fall into the same European time zone for broadcasting matches.

The biggest difference in any 2018 revenue stream came in hospitality in which England again scored 100 percent and Russia 56 percent.

England also had the highest revenue potential in licensing and merchandising, likely to hit 100 percent of its target figure, while Netherlands/Belgium scored 73 percent.

The report comes as a huge boost to England's bid for 2018 in particular, following the BBC's Panorama TV programme screened on Monday evening in the United Kingdom which alleged corruption at the head of world soccer's governing body.

The McKinsey report comes after the publication of FIFA's Technical Evaluation reports following the visit of its inspectors in which England were also given the highest rating by the inspection team.

Andy Anson, the chief executive of England's bid campaign, told a media briefing on Monday that the team had been encouraged by the report, without going into the details.

"FIFA gave us a very strong technical evaluation. FIFA have now had an economic study and England comes out way ahead of its competitors in that study, and we clearly have the strongest bid for 2018 -- its the perfect foundation.
mdhar.v12 no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM   #1625
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM   #1626
JimB

Likes (Received): 4813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo83 View Post
1. Goal.com is an unreliable source for info.

2. The UK bid, and press in general, would do well not to take pot shots at a very successful world cup in order to inflate theirs. If it wasn't for the horns, the 2010 world cup would have been hands down the best ever.

3. MysteryMike, I know you didn't write that, but that was a bit low IMO.
I have to disagree.

South Africa did a great job. Good stadiums. Fantastic enthusiasm and welcome from locals. But there were issues - none of which were South Africa's fault.

Firstly, the ticket shambles which led to many empty seats over the duration of the tournament. FIFA ****ed up badly.

Secondly, the ball. Another FIFA **** up, with the help of adidas. It meant that most of the world's great creative players consistently underperformed - even the eventual winners, Spain.

Lastly, team tactics. Too many countries resorted to 4-5-1, ultra defensive formations in a bid to stifle the creative and attacking threat of superior opposition. It's a great leveller and led to some surprising results. But it didn't make for great spectacle.

In terms of the quality of entertainment on the pitch, this was one of the poorest ever World Cups.
JimB está en línea ahora  
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1627
AdidasGazelle

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
That's funny Mr Adidas

A grown man plowing through google images of David Beckham. Creepy.
AdidasGazelle no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1628
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimB View Post
I have to disagree.

South Africa did a great job. Good stadiums. Fantastic enthusiasm and welcome from locals. But there were issues - none of which were South Africa's fault.

Firstly, the ticket shambles which led to many empty seats over the duration of the tournament. FIFA ****ed up badly.

Secondly, the ball. Another FIFA **** up, with the help of adidas. It meant that most of the world's great creative players consistently underperformed - even the eventual winners, Spain.

Lastly, team tactics. Too many countries resorted to 4-5-1, ultra defensive formations in a bid to stifle the creative and attacking threat of superior opposition. It's a great leveller and led to some surprising results. But it didn't make for great spectacle.

In terms of the quality of entertainment on the pitch, this was one of the poorest ever World Cups.
MATCH aka Blatter's nephew created a false sense of an "accommodatin shortage" by signing up rooms, and then releasing thousands and thousands just before the WC, resulting in many disappointed fans and establishments.

FIFA: not balancing demand and supply. One of them being that demand in CT meant that many misssed out, since there was no second venue, while NMB stadium had poor attendances, but was allocated 8 matches due to it being Jordaan's hometown.
Maximize the use of the urban centres. NMB even had more matches than Durban.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:06 PM   #1629
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdidasGazelle View Post
A grown man plowing through google images of David Beckham. Creepy.
this was the superb ad video for the 60 years celebrating adidas!

it was fabulous with the "beggin" track by francky valli
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:24 AM   #1630
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM   #1631
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

where is the link for england presentation?

The only problem with quatar is their position .The middle east is sadly known... This is the only chance for england to win!

I 'm sure some bank accounts are fullfilled all over the world for 208 persons...

Russia has all for that but they are not alone.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:50 AM   #1632
AdidasGazelle

The Brum fans did us proud tonight

Those images of fans invading the pitch and throwing flares and seats at each other will be flashed around the world tomorrow and I'm sure FIFA will enjoy them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...lla-birmingham

Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:55 AM   #1633
MysteryMike
BANNED

I don't think FIFA will care but by all means you can jack off to them for the next 20 years.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM   #1634
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

^ quote of the day there

Well into the last straight now, fingers crossed - hopefully the presentation will go well but I've got a feeling like the IOC by now they have all made the minds up on their first, second, third choice bids...
Madman no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:18 AM   #1635
gezza

Come on England! You guys are OVERDUE for a world cup!
gezza no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM   #1636
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
The only think that is mystery about "Mystery Mike" is his sexual orientation.
Infraction.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM   #1637
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
That's funny coming from some one with a rainbow in their avatar I think we all know your sexual orientation from the day that you turned up, shame it's mixed with such racist bigotry. Why don't you go and do what you best, rimming qatarson or is it qatarson 333 or waqif or mmm. Either way I hope he pays you well.
Infraction.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old December 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM   #1638
AdidasGazelle

Sky Sports News are already showing a piece about....wait for it....yep you guessed it....the '66 World Cup. And people wonder why many are against this England bid. They haven't even won the bid yet but the constant '66 references are happening. Everyone I know who is into football hate the '66 overkill. It is mind-numbing. Imagine 8 years of this stuff
Old December 2nd, 2010, 03:53 PM   #1639
Steel City Suburb

Likes (Received): 230

If you don't like what they are reporting it is your choice to ignore it. You can turn your TV off you know.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM   #1640
RobH

Likes (Received): 10343

Well said; ignore our resident grumpy old man. As I said, God forbid people should be excited at the prospect of a world cup in England eh?!
RobH no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
world cup 2018