daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 26th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #2461
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke80 View Post
My favourite US stadium (well maybe after the Big House). Looks epic after the renovations. Could you get pics please?
You can look at these while you wait for his response: http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2010/...owhead-stadium

P.S. I have no connection to that site

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #2462

Likes (Received): 1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buju Banton View Post
You must be crazy. The 2010 world cup stadium were the best stadium ever used at a world cup. They were unique had culture, beauty and creativity. From a calabash, a baobab, a animal, to an arch and a beautiful setting the 2010 world cup stadiums had them all. They all meant something other then a stadium. Unlike the american stadiums, which are giant clunks and have no meaning.
Hahahaha!
You better stop hitting that weed, my friend, and come back to reality!

looking forward to US 22!!!

Last edited by 1772; July 26th, 2010 at 08:51 AM.
1772 no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #2463
RaiderATO

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
Hopefully we can win the bid and Chicago gets their heads together and hosts. ... That said, I still hope they can host matches, if the US does get to host.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
I do hope that Chicago gets a chance to revisit the issue and San Fran gets a new stadium because it would be a shame to not have either of those two major metros host from a fan perspective and the U.S. as a whole.
From the official USA Bid website, http://www.gousabid.com/city :
Quote:
Official cities of the US World Cup Bid

Eighteen cities were selected for inclusion in the USA Bid for the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cups™.
It then lists those that are on the map posted a few back. By that wording, it sounds pretty final.

I understand a city could possibly be added, but I definitely don't anticipate US Soccer taking any games away from these cities listed (so, Indy will get games for sure). A friend even told me that she read an article saying Nashville would host X# of group-stage games. I couldn't find the article to verify the wording.
RaiderATO no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #2464
RobH

Likes (Received): 10338

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderATO View Post
It then lists those that are on the map posted a few back. By that wording, it sounds pretty final.

I understand a city could possibly be added, but I definitely don't anticipate US Soccer taking any games away from these cities listed (so, Indy will get games for sure). A friend even told me that she read an article saying Nashville would host X# of group-stage games. I couldn't find the article to verify the wording.
Nothing is decided yet. At this stage your list is a list of options for fifa should the usa win; same as every other bids' lists. Only when a bid wins is the final list, in consultation with fifa, drawn up.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old July 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #2465
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderATO View Post

How do you figure? It is obvious a handful of cities from the 18 locations on the list aren't going to end up hosting any games unless. It would completely unprecedented to have 18 host and I don't even know if FIFA would sign off on the idea so it looks like any city on the list could be disappointed and be left off. No city has a guaranteed to host even if US 2022 is selected so other then some hurt feelings what would be the big difference between denying two more cities out of handful that will be denied anyway?
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:37 PM   #2466
đđeůx
Still Comin' Out Strong

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingmanIII View Post

if you really thought they'd restrict the WC to West Coast cities and leave NYC/Miami/Dallas/etc. out of the bid
Even if we get the '18 or '22 bid that doesn't mean NYC/Miami/Dallas will be host cities. I'm sure that one of those cities will be cut out IF Fifa picks the US.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #2467
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by đđeůx View Post
Even if we get the '18 or '22 bid that doesn't mean NYC/Miami/Dallas will be host cities. I'm sure that one of those cities will be cut out IF Fifa picks the US.
Im pretty sure that New York, Miami and Dallas will all still be there.
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #2468
marionthebarberian

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by đđeůx View Post

NYC and Dallas WILL get to hosts.
marionthebarberian no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #2469
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by marionthebarberian View Post
NYC and Dallas WILL get to hosts.
I'd say they are the biggest locks out of any city.
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #2470
The Dead End Kid
x

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop View Post
Don't forget about Los Angeles and Miami.
The Dead End Kid no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:35 AM   #2471
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dead End Kid View Post
If we don't get our stadium situation sorted out (I am very confident that we will), then we won't host. It doesn't matter how big of a city you are if you don't have the stadium and neither the Coliseum nor the Rose Bowl can do it.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:39 AM   #2472
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

California could come up really short in this thing.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #2473
Archbishop

Quote:
Stadium for Los Angeles, and Miami as well but I feel better about the stadiums in Dallas and New York. If Miami does the renovations they've proposed then definitely them.
Old July 27th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #2474
CaliforniaJones

Likes (Received): 255

If FIFA decides to skip Phoenix because of the immigration law, San Diego could replace Phoenix as venue. Two venues in California and two venues in Texas.
Old July 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #2475
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 3205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbishop View Post
Agreed, with a second given being that at least 2 others will come from the northeast among DC, Baltimore, Philly and Boston.

I'd say Seattle is right there as well if the city weren't so isolated. Costs for flying have grown ridiculous of late.
Old July 27th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #2476
zdaddy233

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaJones View Post
If FIFA decides to skip Phoenix because of the immigration law, San Diego could replace Phoenix as venue. Two venues in California and two venues in Texas.
If FIFA skips over Phoenix because of that, it can officially be said that FIFA lacks anything that resembles a backbone.
zdaddy233 no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #2477
massp88

Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
If you are going to call Miami a lock, then you certainly have to call both Boston and Washington, D.C. as locks.

I would say Chicago is a lock, but they are not on the list.

If people believe in the pod system, then the best bet for a pod would be Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. as a pod. There is easy rail (Amtrak) access between all 4 cities as well as a ton of buses and flights.
massp88 no está en línea  
Old July 27th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #2478
Archbishop

Hopefully by 2022 Snyder will have built the Enormo-Dome on the RFK site. I'm not a fan of FedEx Field at all.
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #2479
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by massp88 View Post
If you are going to call Miami a lock, then you certainly have to call both Boston and Washington, D.C. as locks.

I would say Chicago is a lock, but they are not on the list.

If people believe in the pod system, then the best bet for a pod would be Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. as a pod. There is easy rail (Amtrak) access between all 4 cities as well as a ton of buses and flights.
I just cant see Boston having a chance in this thing. Gillette is too far away from Boston. Yeah you could set up transportation, but the whole situation looks like its set up to fail when there are going to be so many people staying in hotels that are 40 minutes away. Could it work? Sure. But its far from ideal.
Old July 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #2480
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
I just cant see Boston having a chance in this thing. Gillette is too far away from Boston. Yeah you could set up transportation, but the whole situation looks like its set up to fail when there are going to be so many people staying in hotels that are 40 minutes away. Could it work? Sure. But its far from ideal.
From a logistical and tournament planning point of view, I'm right with you, but you cannot discount the influence that Robert Kraft has in the USSF and the world of US soccer. I don't think they should host over New York, DC or Philly, but I think they will because of Kraft, if we get to host.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup