daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2008, 04:44 AM   #241
HUSKER
NUEVO ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover3 View Post
No kidding? Show me the records which justify this. How about Germany 2006; or Japan-Korea 2002? They're rather recent.

And stadia will be reused later? Like how many times a year?

Uhmmm. Did you know that Montreal 1976 finally paid off its $1.1 billion dollar of debts incurred in 1974-76 three years ago in 2005? 30 years later - more than a generation later.
That's nothing, we mexicans are still paying for the 68 olympics with a tax called "tenencia" (payed every year equalling 2% of the value of everybody's automobile)., can you believe that???
HUSKER no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:12 AM   #242
ElCrioyo
Ed.v.cas.baeZ

Likes (Received): 1668

If they do it here in USA 2022 then they should use the Giants Stadium for the Finals in The NY Metro Area
New York is the capital of the world, and certainly one of the best cities in the U.S

So whats the deal...
ElCrioyo no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #243
Iain1974

Likes (Received): 0

2022 is quite realistic for the US to host.

With the next two venues confirmed as 2010 South Africa and 2014 Brazil it's extremely unlikely that 2018 would not be in Europe. The USA is bidding for 2018 but more than likely it's groundwork for a 2022 bid and not a serious attempt on 2018.
Iain1974 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:30 AM   #244
rover3
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER View Post
That's nothing, we mexicans are still paying for the 68 olympics with a tax called "tenencia" (payed every year equalling 2% of the value of everybody's automobile)., can you believe that???
OMG!! 40 years today!!!! Ay-yay-yay!!

I rest my case.

Also, I believe Greece had a huge deficit the 2 years after Athens 2004. And I understand that a number of the Athens venues are 'white elephants' today -- falling into disrepair and neglect. They can't find enough uses for them.

Last edited by rover3; June 8th, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #245
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
So what you're telling me is that the level of intelligence here must be -3 or something like that. Then I vastly overestimated the level.
No, im just telling you to stop ruining this thread...if you think your so right then stop trying to argue with everyone, its pointless

this is an international forum, open your eyes a little. it has nothing to do with intelligence, just that you cant seem to accept other points of view.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #246
HUSKER

I also see a 2022 bid for the US., 2018 is going to be a war between Spain and England., 2022 will be a sure lock for the US. I went to 2 games in Dallas in the 94 WC and they were fantastic in every sense., I really think that Europe doesnt realize the soccer hipe thats going on in the US., MLS is growing every year, in soccer and infraestructure level., teams are growing in their fan base and everybody knows that in the ages from 5 to 12 (boys and girls) the US has the largest organized leagues in the world.
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #247
Iain1974

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Also, I believe Greece had a huge deficit the 2 years after Athens 2004. And I understand that a number of the Athens venues are 'white elephants' today -- falling into disrepair and neglect. They can't find enough uses for them.
Most Olympic sports generate little interest outside of the games themselves.

Please don't tell me you about to compare a diving pool or cycling velodrome to a football stadium.

Please stop acting like a troll. You're embarrassing yourself.
Iain1974 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #248
rover3
BANNED

Oh, F&ck u!! Who asked you to be monitor, miss prissypants?

Obviously your mind can only recognize football stadia -- not the whole picture.

Very narrow.

Pathetic.

Last edited by rover3; June 8th, 2008 at 07:09 AM.
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:04 AM   #249
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain1974 View Post
Most Olympic sports generate little interest outside of the games themselves.

Please don't tell me you about to compare a diving pool or cycling velodrome to a football stadium.

Please stop acting like a troll. You're embarrassing yourself.
I agree 100%
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #250
rover3
BANNED

Well, I don't. So what do you wanna make of it?
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #251
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Well, I don't. So what do you wanna make of it?
Theres no sense in arguing a point you know you cant win. Just suck it up and admit your not going to win this one.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #252
rover3
BANNED

Uh-huh. No kidding? There's 2 sides to every story. I don't see why one has to be right over the other. And who asked you?
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #253
HUSKER

Back to the topic, please!!!., US has everything to organize the best WC ever, but not in 2018., Spain is my frontrunner., '82 (the first WC that I remember) was fantastic, that final between Italy and Germany was simply great.
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #254
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Uh-huh. No kidding? There's 2 sides to every story. I don't see why one has to be right over the other. And who asked you?
Im just trying to keep the thread form falling apart
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:15 AM   #255
rover3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
Im just trying to keep the thread form falling apart
But why put down others? So it's OK for someone to put me down but not for me to reciprocate? Kindly explain that.

2 can play the condescension game as well as 1.

It's OK for the 'mexican' poster to simply state his views. I just mention something about Athens in a sentence or 2 -- and I get slammed by some perverse pr*ck -- and you second that.

Is your thinking so limited?

Last edited by rover3; June 8th, 2008 at 07:21 AM.
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #256
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
But why put down others? So it's OK for someone to put me down but not for me to reciprocate? Kindly explain that.
Your the one who started the name calling and the irrational responses. Obviously your going to disagree with the people on this thread, but you seem to be going about it the wrong way, as if every time someone disagrees with you its like they insulted your mother. Dont be so defensive all the time.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #257
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightside. View Post
Why?

ok i see you actually answered this.

I don't see how transportation sucks or location is horrible. First time I ever went to FedEx field, I took the metro and there were so many other fans getting off at the Landover station that I had no trouble finding my way to the stadium. I got into the stadium in mere minutes, and found my way to my seat easily.

I can understand how the metro station might get blocked due to the large amount of people trying to get a metro ticket from the machines after the game, but this can be avoided by issuing special world cup passes so that people can move smoothly across the turnstiles.

I simply don't see the need for wasting money on a new stadium when the skins could spend that money on good players. Sure, a roof is great, but it's not the most important thing when it comes to a stadium. I find all the other features of the FedEx field to meet the standards of the other major stadiums of the world.
When you have to deal with it all the time you would understand. FedEx Field is slowly killing the Redskins fan base.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #258
rover3
BANNED

Quote:
Your the one who started the name calling and the irrational responses. Obviously your going to disagree with the people on this thread, but you seem to be going about it the wrong way, as if every time someone disagrees with you its like they insulted your mother. Dont be so defensive all the time.
Oh, please. I wasn't born yesterday. It's the tone of condescension. Who the h*ll does he think he is? And it's NOT the first time this iain pr*ck did it either. I didn't pull that condescension sh*t on him.

I really don't have to take it. I can give as good as I get.
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #259
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
U know what? I wasn't born yesterday. It's the tone of condescension. Who the h*ll does he think he is? And it's NOT the first time this iain pr*ck did it either. I didn't pull that condescension sh*t on him.

I really don't have to take it. I can give as good as I get.
look, believe it or not i probably agree with what you say on this board more than i agree with anyone else. I just think if you really have a problem then you just have to let it go. Obviously there is a HUGE anti american bias on this board...isnt just ignoring these people the best way to go? arguing with them wont change their ignorant views. and stop being so damn short with me...i dont think im coming across meanly in any way, so dont be so sarcastic to me
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #260
rover3
BANNED

Quote:
look, believe it or not i probably agree with what you say on this board more than i agree with anyone else. I just think if you really have a problem then you just have to let it go. Obviously there is a HUGE anti american bias on this board...isnt just ignoring these people the best way to go? arguing with them wont change their ignorant views. and stop being so damn short with me...i dont think im coming across meanly in any way, so dont be so sarcastic to me
Well, it certainly didn't seem that way. I mean you actually seconded iain's post "100%" -- so how else was I to interpret that??

I generally don't let the "anti-American bias" pass. As you may have noticed, I am feisty and will fight. Actually gets my juices flowing. I'll take criticism if I think I am wrong. But not if I am not. And I'll slam it back in their face if they are wrong or unjustified.

So I have served notice that I am not going to take any old 'guff' -- and if anyone wants to play the 'sarcasm / put down' game -- then they're on.
rover3 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup