daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2010, 04:04 AM   #2941
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Anyone that isn't a halfheaded bogan can see that I corrected my usage of the term and elaborated on what I originally meant.
bogan? I ain't even white, so that ends your little racist depiction doesn't it?

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 11th, 2010 at 04:19 AM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:10 AM   #2942
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old November 11th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #2943
CaliforniaJones

Likes (Received): 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Please Mister Mike, stop making supid threads about the US bid. Your videos will note influence the FIFA ex-co members and are uninteressant and too biased.
I would love to see your face if the US wins the attribution for the 2022 WC.
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #2944
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
bogan? I ain't even white, so that ends your little racist depiction doesn't it?
I'm the racist? You just said that only white people can be considered bogans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
nicely put

On the downgrades, only ones I'd argue with are Newcastle (will grow as people flee Sydney and commute to work) and Geelong (Cats make a bundle playing at home - already are demanding more games in Geelong).

Also for GC, this upgrade (40k) will be needed if they win the bid for the CWG, which seems very likely at this stage.

Back to USA though
If they are put to good use, then's great by me. As a fan of both NRL and AFL, I'd like to see those venues packed. Right now, though, visions are a bit grandiose.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #2945
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I'm the racist? You just said that only white people can be considered bogans.
I'm pretty sure someone can explain it but that's the definition, only someone using it in that manner is a racist like yourself.

BTW impressive knowledge on Australian grounds, why don't you publish the American ones instead?? After all aren't you claiming to be American??
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #2946
CaliforniaJones

Likes (Received): 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasBerlin View Post
The issue is that a private company's goal is to make a profit. A goverment's goal is to provide a service. There is a big difference in terms of the end product. A private company isn't going to invest in something where they wont make a profit, such as building a public transport network.

But the reason why this is important to FIFA is that a private company can easily go belly up, leaving FIFA holding the bag and costing them more money than they would have ever wanted. Goverments are much less likely to go belly up. That is why it is attractive to FIFA that a government supports the bid. And why the role (or lack of) of the US Government is an important issue for the US bid!
1-President Obama hosted Sepp Blatter in his oval office in 2009.
2-Bill Clinton, some bid commitee members and team USA were hosted by President Obama and Vice-President Biden before the 2010 WC. It was a first time.
3-Vice-president Biden went to South Africa for the opening game and met Sepp Blatter.
4-Bill Clinton brought his weight for supporting the US bid, was watching some matches with some ex-co members and had breakfast with seven ex-co members.
5-The FIFA inspection team had a breakfast in the White House, met Shaun Donovan, US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
and a senior counsellor, watched a video from former president George Herbert Walker Bush and met severall city mayors.

So there is a government involvement to the bid. Governments are not obliged to spend big money for a WC.
THe FIFA inspection team had a break

Last edited by CaliforniaJones; November 11th, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
CaliforniaJones no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #2947
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

I generally like your posts Krudmonk but in this case you are just plain wrong. Winning the bid for 2022 is the catalyst to setting up our sporting infrastructure for then next 40 years and it's already evident that almost all of these developements were to / are being built over the next 10 years anyway. I fail to see how boosting a stadiums capacity by a mere 7000 using temporary means for a one off event is a waste. I think you know this too.

The only venues I imagine won't see any development if Australia doesn't win is the Canberra Stadium and Blacktown. I'd imagine Townsville's Stadium would get a far more modest redevopment and the Sydney's ANZ and SFS would probably remain as they are.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #2948
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Oz won't make the cut!!
You don't make the cut.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #2949
Gondolier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
You don't make the cut.
For sure, you're uncut!!

Last edited by Gondolier; November 11th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #2950
T74

Likes (Received): 1

you may want to buy a paper instead of trawling youtube Mike

there are already plans to increase taxes and reduce spending to bring the deficit down to 2% of GDP in 4 years
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #2951
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
I'm pretty sure someone can explain it but that's the definition, only someone using it in that manner is a racist like yourself.

BTW impressive knowledge on Australian grounds, why don't you publish the American ones instead?? After all aren't you claiming to be American??
He lives in bogan central,but pretends to be American
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #2952
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
He lives in bogan central,but pretends to be American
It's just makes me laugh, I still have no idea what a bogan is exactly but obviously low intelligence is a key part of the deal.

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #2953
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
For sure, you're uncut!!
No. Wezza is just losing his marbles.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #2954
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
you may want to buy a paper instead of trawling youtube Mike

there are already plans to increase taxes and reduce spending to bring the deficit down to 2% of GDP in 4 years
Sure sure keep dreaming T74, I don't think even the Qatar bid team have made a more embarrassing statement and they've made some real bad ones.
Old November 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM   #2955
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
No. Wezza is just losing his marbles.
Marbles are shit anyway.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #2956
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Sure sure keep dreaming T74, I don't think even the Qatar bid team have made a more embarrassing statement and they've made some real bad ones.
as I said, try buying a paper and stop relying on Today Tonight for your news:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...111-17oih.html

A high-profile panel set up by President Barack Obama has recommended deep spending cuts and sweeping tax reforms in a bid to slash US budget deficits by four trillion US dollars over the next decade.

Firing the starting gun for a bruising political debate, the bipartisan panel's co-chairs proposed "painful" cuts to defense and domestic spending as well as an overhaul of the fiendishly complex US tax code.

Warning "America cannot be great if we go broke," Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles outlined rapid reductions to bring the deficit under control and reforms to reduce long-term debt, which currently stands at over 14 trillion US dollars.

Offering both Republicans and Democrats something to chew on, the chairs said the "country will not be able to compete without a plan to get this crushing debt burden off our back."

The measures include a 200 billion dollar cut in discretionary spending in 2015, split equally between defense and domestic outlays, to bring the annual deficit down to 2.2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP).
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #2957
AndreasBerlin

Hahaha! Bill Clinton just asked you all for money for the bid! So, how much are you all going to contribute....?

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33881
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #2958
metros11

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
It's just makes me laugh, I still have no idea what a bogan is exactly but obviously low intelligence is a key part of the deal.
People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
metros11 no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #2959
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, you said it...
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #2960
Gondolier

I think it was X who asked..."aside from Blazer, Warner and Thompson, who else can the US bid count on?"

Our offices just got off the phones. Here's your answer: In addition to the 3 above, Salguero, Hayatou, Leoz, Teixeira, Anouma, Valcke, Beckenbauer, Lefkaratis and Llona will compose the (first-round) U.S. bloc.
Gondolier no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup