daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #2981
_X_

Likes (Received): 341

Well played 333
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old November 12th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #2982
metros11

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasBerlin View Post
So I guess the lack of response means no one is going to contribute. It's lucky you have the Government to support you.... oh wait
Oh what will us poor American folks do without government funding... Do you know how many private charities exist in the United States? Do you know how they're funded? There are over a million fans who signed the petition. There are about 10 people regularly posting on this thread. What exactly are you expecting?
metros11 no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #2983
CaliforniaJones

Likes (Received): 0

Don't underestimate the FIFA inspection tem report wich will be delivered on wednsday.
It could break some deals, strengthen or weaken bids. So don't count only on collusions, deals, newspapers and coalitions.

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33780
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...-by-media.html
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #2984
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
I think it was X who asked..."aside from Blazer, Warner and Thompson, who else can the US bid count on?"

Our offices just got off the phones. Here's your answer: In addition to the 3 above, Salguero, Hayatou, Leoz, Teixeira, Anouma, Valcke, Beckenbauer, Lefkaratis and Llona will compose the (first-round) U.S. bloc.
I know there is a bit of tongue in cheek here, but this is not too bad.

I don't think you will get Teixiera or Llona, just because of their suspected allegiance to the Qatar/Spain deal. Salguero is also supposed to be in this deal too, but apparently this week he is wavering (so I'll put him in the USA column for now). Also Beckenbauer has come out pretty strong in support of the AU bid, and for the moment I'm leaving him in the AU column. Happy to agree with Valke and Lefkaratis though. I'll also send Thompson your way given how close the US/EN bids are.

Of the rest, I has Erzik going to Turkey, and lets assume (and its a big assumption) the rest got to Australia.

QATAR
Julio H. GRONDONA Argentina
Ángel María VILLAR LLONA Spain
Ricardo Terra TEIXEIRA Brazil
Mohamed BIN HAMMAM Qatar
Worawi MAKUDI Thailand
Hany ABO RIDA Egypt
Senes ERZIK Turkey

USA
Rafael SALGUERO Guatemala
Issa HAYATOU Cameroon
Nicolás LEOZ Paraguay
Jacques ANOUMA Côte d'Ivoire
Jérôme VALCKE France
Marios LEFKARITIS Cyprus
Jack A. WARNER Trinidad and Tobago
Chuck BLAZER USA
Geoff THOMPSON England

AUSTRALIA
CHUNG Mong Joon Korea Republic
Michel PLATINI France
Michel D'HOOGHE Belgium
Junji OGURA Japan
Franz BECKENBAUER Germany
Vitaly MUTKO Russia

This gives Qatar 7, USA 9, and Australia 6. Even if Salguero sticks with Qatar as alleged, it still knocks Australia out. You would think USA will pick up at least 3 of the Australian voters, which would deliver it to the USA.

This is all dependent upon the USA picking up Africa. Is this likely? Last I heard they were leaning towards Qatar.
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #2985
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 504

It's just a three-horse race? Pretty sure Japan and South Korea will still get a vote or two...And that's fine analysis but I'm not so willing to assume a vote is guaranteed for anyone at this point. There is too much that can happen between now and then, with the FIFA meeting, the technical reports, the final presentations, and the possibility of somebody changing their mind at the last moment.

I'll say this though...in light of all the controversy and everything that's happened, I will be mildly surprised if the USA's final presentation and overall bid doesn't give them the tournament.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #2986
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post

It's just a three-horse race? Pretty sure Japan and South Korea will still get a vote or two...And that's fine analysis but I'm not so willing to assume a vote is guaranteed for anyone at this point. There is too much that can happen between now and then, with the FIFA meeting, the technical reports, the final presentations, and the possibility of somebody changing their mind at the last moment.

I'll say this though...in light of all the controversy and everything that's happened, I will be mildly surprised if the USA's final presentation and overall bid doesn't give them the tournament.
I'm assuming Japan and Korea get bundled out pretty easily, they barely rate a mention any more (despite Japan talking up technology and Korea saying it may unify the country).

Agree that no vote is a lock either, and this is on my guesses!! Firstly we have the dodginess and self interest of exco delegates. They don't even always vote in the interests of their own country or confed, its all about them personally. Secondly, we still have the investigation to come out, the tech reports, and one final swing by Panorama. I'm assuming the investigation will change nothing except saying bye to the Nigerian and Tahitian delegates, the USA will ace the tech review for the 2022 grouping, and Panorama will bring up nothing new (as is currently being reported in the UK press). These are all assumptions though, and who knows what new dirt may get flung in the remaining 3 weeks.
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #2987
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post

QATAR
Mohamed BIN HAMMAM Qatar
Worawi MAKUDI Thailand
Hany ABO RIDA Egypt
Senes ERZIK Turkey

USA
Issa HAYATOU Cameroon
Nicolás LEOZ Paraguay
Jérôme VALCKE France
Marios LEFKARITIS Cyprus
Chuck BLAZER USA
Geoff THOMPSON England

AUSTRALIA
Michel PLATINI France
Michel D'HOOGHE Belgium
Junji OGURA Japan
Vitaly MUTKO Russia
So Geoff Thompson, what are you saying? That England have a collusion deal with the United States? I doubt it.

QATAR
Mohamed BIN HAMMAM Qatar
Worawi MAKUDI Thailand
Hany ABO RIDA Egypt
Senes ERZIK Turkey

USA
Chuck BLAZER USA

AUSTRALIA
Michel PLATINI France
Michel D'HOOGHE Belgium
Junji OGURA Japan
Vitaly MUTKO Russia
Nicolás LEOZ Paraguay
Geoff THOMPSON England
Issa HAYATOU Cameroon
Jérôme VALCKE France
Marios LEFKARITIS Cyprus

Australia achieve the 13 votes required and Qatar's vote rigging fails, Jack Warners stance to try and steal one of Africa's world cup places backfires and Rafael Salguero actually believes in football and developing it, he sees the technical report and goes with Australia. USA ends up with just 2 votes.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #2988
_X_

I really thought people would have known by now ffs
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #2989
T74

If the USA only gets two votes I'll eat my hat

Most reports don't have any overt collusion between the US and EN bids, but the timing of their withdrawals is hardly co-incidental.

Likewise there have been reports that the Russian and Australian bids are friendly to each other as well.
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #2990
AndreasBerlin

Ok, all of you people are analysing how the votes will go with rose-tinted glasses for your own country's bid.

So, as an independant person, here is my analysis.

Qatar currently has a voting block with Spain, and these votes are:

Mohamed BIN HAMMAM Qatar
Worawi MAKUDI Thailand
Hany ABO RIDA Egypt

This is a very well known voting block, and none of them are going to jump ship

Australia
Senes ERZIK Turkey- Australia have a deal with turkey
Marios LEFKARITIS Cyprus- Lefkaritis made his mind up months ago
CHUNG Mong Joon Korea Republic- will come after Sth Korea gets knocked out 2nd
Junji OGURA Japan- will come after Japan gets knocked out first
Franz BECKENBAUER Germany- Already declared
Vitaly MUTKO Russia- Russian and Australian bids have been close mainly because they are making the same argument; to take the world cup to new frontiers.

USA

Chuck BLAZER USA
Geoff THOMPSON England - commonly believed but never actually declared because they want to avoid any suggestion of collusion

Unknown

Issa HAYATOU Cameroon
These 2 were going to Qatar, but it is now hard to tell if they still will because they don't want to be caught up in any corruption row. They could go anywhere!! Both have been heavily lobbied by both the US and Aust. If I had to make a bet, I would still give them to Qatar

Nicolás LEOZ Paraguay- Rumoured to be supporting Sth Korea 1st, and Australia 2nd, but also heavily lobbied by Qatar and the US.

Michel PLATINI France- absolutely no hints given out! He is trying to keep his nose clear while also keeping lots of friends in FIFA. Most likely go with the inspection reports
Michel D'HOOGHE Belgium - hinted he will go with the inspection reports

And of course Sepp Blatter. It is rumoured he has a deal with Qatar to prevent Bin Hamman challenging him for president. But he also has many family connections to Australia. At the end of the day, he will do whatever is best for him, while also making everyone else think he is voting for them!

And for the 100th time, Valcke does not have a vote!

Qatar has really impacted on the US bid. 6 months ago most of South America was expected to go to the US. In order for the US bid to get back in the game, it has to get Qatar out of the picture. This is something the US already knows and why the story about the note being passed was leaked by chuck blazer.

It is going to be very interesting and very close. And also very dependant on what happens at the Ethics committee this week!
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #2991
_X_

Finally some sense ffs-not quite right but a hell of a lot closer than some of the dribble that's been put forward
You expect the opinion here to be far more educated that it has been because of the active posting but its just incredible that folks don't even know who votes let alone the 100's of complicated relationships between members, nations, confederations

Last edited by _X_; November 14th, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #2992
Gondolier

Ok, all of you people are analysing how the votes will go with rose-tinted glasses for your own country's bid. Here is my take:

Australia

Mohamed BIN HAMMAM Qatar
Worawi MAKUDI Thailand
Hany ABO RIDA Egypt

This is a very untrustworthy voting block. With Qatar being 'outed' next week, most of them are going to jump ship

USA

Chuck BLAZER USA
Geoff THOMPSON England - commonly believed but never actually declared because they want to avoid any suggestion of collusion
Nicolás LEOZ Paraguay
Senes ERZIK Turkey- USA have a deal with turkey
Marios LEFKARITIS Cyprus- Lefkaritis made his mind up months ago
CHUNG Mong Joon Korea Republic- will come after Sth Korea gets knocked out 2nd
Junji OGURA Japan- will come after Japan gets knocked out first
Franz BECKENBAUER Germany- Already declared
Issa HAYATOU Cameroon

- Rumoured to be supporting Sth Korea 1st, and Australia 2nd, but also heavily lobbied by Qatar and the US.

Michel PLATINI France- absolutely no hints given out! He is trying to keep his nose clear while also keeping lots of friends in FIFA. Most likely go with the inspection reports; most definitely USA!!

Michel D'HOOGHE Belgium - hinted he will go with the inspection reports - USA!

And of course Sepp Blatter. It is rumoured he has a deal with Qatar to prevent Bin Hamman challenging him for president. But he also has many family connections to Australia. At the end of the day, he will do whatever is best for him, while also making everyone else think he is voting for them!

And for the 100th time, Valcke does not have a vote!

Qatar has really impacted on the US bid. 6 months ago most of South America was expected to go to the US. In order for the US bid to get back in the game, it has to get Qatar out of the picture. This is something the US already knows and why the story about the note being passed was leaked by chuck blazer.

It is going to be very interesting and very close. And also very dependant on what happens at the Ethics committee this week!

X, I see I am now embedded in your psyche and memory!! Good on ya!!

Last edited by Gondolier; November 14th, 2010 at 08:26 PM.
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #2993
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 566

Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #2994
_X_

_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:07 AM   #2995
hngcm

Likes (Received): 2

Not sure why Japan or Korea would vote for OZ instead of letting the US win and getting a shot at hosting the 2026 WC.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #2996
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hngcm View Post
Not sure why Japan or Korea would vote for OZ instead of letting the US win and getting a shot at hosting the 2026 WC.
Lets just say nobody really likes the US, except the US, much like the legacy, the support is non existent.
South Korea's FIFA executive has even recently gone to say the US bid deserves a red card for being utter pricks and Japan too feels the same way. Australia works with South Korea and Japan and both nations know how much Australia has contributed to the Asian Confederation and even their own football development. Their votes are going nowhere but Australia after the initial round.

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 15th, 2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:33 AM   #2997
El Cholo

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Lets just say nobody really likes the US, except the US, much like the legacy, the support is non existent.
South Korea's FIFA executive has even recently gone to say the US bid deserves a red card for being utter pricks and Japan too feels the same way. Australia works with South Korea and Japan and both nations know how much Australia has contributed to the Asian Confederation and even their own football development. Their votes are going nowhere but Australia after the initial round.
u mad?
El Cholo no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #2998
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cholo View Post
u mad?
No, but he is
[IMG]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:Rinxl8g2e3MF-M:http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7008/blazerparrotdr5.jpg&t=1[/IMG]
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #2999
eMKay

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cholo View Post
u mad?
Mad? I think he's just igonrant, maybe his mother needs to keep him away from the computer
HOCKEY Buffalo Bisons/Sabres est: 1940/1970
BASKETBALL Buffalo Braves->LA Clippers est: 1970
eMKay no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #3000
Gondolier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Luckily, Mike, you're actually just an armchair coach. They won't have you (and X and Andreas) on the actual Executive Board.
Gondolier no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup