daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 11th, 2008, 02:34 AM   #341
rover3
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
it really sucks for the bay area...The A's might be leaving Oakland, the 49ers might be going south. i know its always about the money but some of these moves are just soulless IMO.
well, and it's land and location. That Candlestick area is so cold and blustery; plus there's only 2 points of entry and egress there. I do hope the "A's" get their new stadium in Fremont. Overall, it'll be better for my home values.
rover3 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:10 AM   #342
Sounder

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
it really sucks for the bay area...
It doesn't suck for the bay area. It just sucks for some people in the bay area (and is fricken awesome for others in the bay area). At least the teams are staying within the bay area.
Sounder no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #343
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

i think its bad...maybe not as much for the A's, they've moved all over the country, but to me to move the 49ers from San Francisco is awful
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:52 AM   #344
Sounder

^ They aren't leaving the Bay area. It isn't like what Oklahoma is trying to do with Seattle and steal their team away.
Sounder no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #345
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
^ They aren't leaving the Bay area. It isn't like what Oklahoma is trying to do with Seattle and steal their team away.
i know they arent leaving the area, but it still doesnt make sense to me to not have the 49ers in San Francisco, it just doesnt seem right.

After 5 championships, the team is just going to up and leave? I call foul! I have to drive all the way to Maryland to see my Skins play and thats bad enough for me

Last edited by en1044; June 11th, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #346
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

I agree, it sucks.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #347
rover3
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
i
After 5 championships, the team is just going to up and leave? I call foul! I have to drive all the way to Maryland to see my Skins play and thats bad enough for me

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #348
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4202

New York
Las Veags
Los Angeles
San Fransico
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta
Houston
Miami
Orlando
Seattle

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #349
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

The 49ers have no set deal in Santa Clara. They're asking that city of just over 100,000 people for $160M in subsidies. That's pathetic and will hopefully get shot down. The Yorks do not want to fund the project themselves.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #350
Big Texan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
New York
Las Veags
Los Angeles
San Fransico
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta
Houston
Miami
Orlando
Seattle
Las Vegas has no where to play and your insane for leaving The New Stadium in Dallas off the list, its one of the pitch stadiums.
Big Texan no está en línea  
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #351
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
New York
Las Veags
Los Angeles
San Fransico
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta
Houston
Miami
Orlando
Seattle
Knock Orlanda, Las Vegas, and Atlanta of the list and replace them with perhaps Denver, DC, and Dallas.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #352
Sounder

Quote:
i know they arent leaving the area, but it still doesnt make sense to me to not have the 49ers in San Francisco, it just doesnt seem right.

After 5 championships, the team is just going to up and leave?
They are not leaving! They will still be in the SF Bay Area and have the SF name! How is this anything different than the Giants playing in NJ or Pistons playing in Auburn Hills?
Sounder no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #353
krudmonk
sucks

Likes (Received): 96

They should not carry the SF name in Santa Clara. That's pretty far and an area with a different identity.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:59 AM   #354
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Likes (Received): 215

The question is does U.S.A has enough stadiums with roof (covering 100% of the main stand) and with a wide enough field for football matches?

Having a big enough field isnt a problem, if u can place a temporary plate, over the first couple or rows. Inorder to increase the pitch size.

Unless USA is willing to solve the above problems (especially the roof), i doubt you will ever get fifa word cup aworded to you.

Last edited by masterpaul; June 13th, 2008 at 03:11 AM.
masterpaul no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #355
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Also stadiums cant be named after comanies for world cup.

They have to be named with there original name (with out the investor implimation).

For example "Baltic arena" might be named Baltic Lotos arena, due to the investor.

This stadium would only keep its original name if during world cup if it was named "Baltic Arena".

But if the stadium's name has the investors name in it. Fifa says up yours to the investor, and renaims the stadium "World Cup Venue: *Location of Venue*"
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #356
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpaul View Post
The question is does U.S.A has enough stadiums with roof (covering 100% of the main stand) and with a wide enough field for football matches?

Having a big enough field isnt a problem, if u can place a temporary plate, over the first couple or rows. Inorder to increase the pitch size.

Unless USA is willing to solve the above problems (especially the roof), i doubt you will ever get fifa word cup aworded to you.
i bet you we will
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #357
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Quote:
i bet you we will

Only if you find enough stadiums with roofs, or are willing to add a temporary cheap roof.
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:40 AM   #358
Carrerra

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Just like in hosting athletics event in Wembley? I don't think that kind of pitch expansion is possible in American football stadums. Wembley is originally designed to accomodate that transformation for athlectics use but American football stadiums are not. It would be detrimental to the US bids to comply with pitch dimensions in that way even if possible. We would call it a piece of commedy if realized.
Carrerra no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:43 AM   #359
Carrerra

Likes (Received): 22

Hi, en1044. I see you again today! Nice to meet you. How are you? How is your family going these days?
Carrerra no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #360
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:

most NFL stadium fields can accommodate a FIFA match
en1044 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup