daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #361
rantanamo

Likes (Received): 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpaul View Post
Only if you find enough stadiums with roofs, or are willing to add a temporary cheap roof.
Why are roofed stadiums even an issue in the US. Take a look at the number in the NFL right now. There will be more in 2018/2022. There are plenty. Even if it is required at that point, there are owners like Daniel Snyder out there who would be willing to throw a roof on their stadiums at the drop of a hat.
rantanamo no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:33 AM   #362
Carrerra

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
most NFL stadium fields can accommodate a FIFA match
How can you be sure so? Because you hosted WC in NFL stadiums in 1994? But don't think it's gonna possible again this time. Things has changed in field dimensions.

Length : (Old) 90M - 120M -> (New) 105M
Width : (Old) 45M - 90M -> (New) 68M

As you can see in the picture, Giants Stadium cannot host WC now because of its small width of the pitch. Remember that Giants Stadium hosted WC in 1994 because its small width could come into the range in width easily at that time!

In addtion to playing field, FIFA regulated another area called auxiliary area where you have to have 10M for each endline and 8.5M for each sideline at a minimum level. See the below picture!

Of course I knew a few days ago New Meadowlands Stadium can accomodate football match through partially retractable seating. But what about other stadiums? Do you believe they do also have that kind of retractable seating system? You should check whether your stadiums can be compliant with FIFA ground dimensions first!
Carrerra no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #363
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrerra View Post
How can you be sure so? Because you hosted WC in NFL stadiums in 1994? But don't think it's gonna possible again this time. Things has changed in field dimensions.

Length : (Old) 90M - 120M -> (New) 105M
Width : (Old) 45M - 90M -> (New) 68M

As you can see in the picture, Giants Stadium cannot host WC now because of its small width of the pitch. Remember that Giants Stadium hosted WC in 1994 because its small width could come into the range in width easily at that time!

In addtion to playing field, FIFA regulated another area called auxiliary area where you have to have 10M for each endline and 8.5M for each sideline at a minimum level. See the below picture!

Of course I knew a few days ago New Meadowlands Stadium can accomodate football match through partially retractable seating. But what about other stadiums? Do you believe they do also have that kind of retractable seating system? You should check whether your stadiums can be compliant with FIFA ground dimensions first!
i know the regulations. I also know that most NFL stadiums will be able to host WC matches as it has become a standard in their construction. For example, if you look at all the stadiums i listed at the beginning of the thread, they all can host
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #364
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Seriously, why are they still arguing...
hngcm no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #365
theespecialone

Likes (Received): 0

the sightlines in that pic are pretty poor

they'd have to raise the pitch for the stadium to be up to standard
theespecialone no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #366
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theespecialone View Post

the sightlines are fine, and they wouldnt raise the pitch

it wouldnt be used anyway
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #367
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

yea that's the current giants stadium

the new one would be used in a world cup bid
hngcm no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #368
Carrerra

Quote:

Giants stadium is scheduled to be torn down for parking when New Meadowlands is completed so it will never happen
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #369
theespecialone

Likes (Received): 0

will the new one have a roof
theespecialone no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #370
Carrerra

Quote:
I don't know either. I don't remember seeing the aerial view of New Meadowlands on renderings.
Old June 13th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #371
eMKay

Likes (Received): 224

Quote:
No.
HOCKEY Buffalo Bisons/Sabres est: 1940/1970
BASKETBALL Buffalo Braves->LA Clippers est: 1970
eMKay no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #372
rover3
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Roofs? Roofs? We don't need no stinkin' roofs!!!
rover3 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #373
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
NO!
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:23 AM   #374
thomasKing

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Whoa

By TOBIAS XAVIER LOPEZStar-Telegram staff writer
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is aiming to fill the new Cowboys stadium with the nation's premier events ranging from college football to the NBA.

So isn't it natural that the premier event in international sports, the FIFA World Cup, also would be on his fantasy check list?

It's certainly a strong possibility and in reality the only thing standing between a return of World Cup soccer to this market are the English.

The United States and England will spend about the next three years amid the political gamesmanship that can only be matched by the finagling for a bid to be host for the Olympics.

The four biggest politicians in United States soccer sat down with the English media on Wednesday and, even in London, the Cowboys' stadium on Collins Street was making its presence felt.

U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati and secretary Dan Flynn, along with Major League Soccer's Don Garber (commissioner) and Ivan Gazidis (deputy commissioner), addressed the English media prior to the U.S.-England men's match.

Somewhere in the conversation the American contingent bragged about all the massive stadiums available in the United States that would be available come 2018.

Of course, the Cowboys' stadium, with its $1 billion price tag, was among the venues mentioned.

Now that's not a promise that Arlington would get World Cup games, but let's be honest here, it makes complete sense that it would be one of the final dozen cities.

When the United States was host for the 1994 World Cup, the old gray mare that is the Cotton Bowl was the site of matches that featured, among others, Brazil, Argentina, Holland and Germany.

The 1994 tournament remains the most successful in World Cup history in terms of both attendance and financial windfall, which Gulati is always quick to point out.

Professional soccer and the Cowboys are hardly a new combination. The U.S. national team has played at Texas Stadium, and Mexico and Bolivia played there before 38,858 on March 19, 2003.

From the very beginning of planning for the new Cowboys' palace, officials have said the field bowl would be built to accommodate the necessary width of international soccer.

Dallas/Fort Worth Airport also benefits the area's ability to quickly allow a flood of foreign guests in and out for matches.

So basically it will come down to this: The United States has the flash and the cash.

England, well, it has soccer tradition on its side.

The Old Country also hasn't hosted the World Cup since 1966, which might earn England some sentimental votes.

The best thing that could happen for area soccer and sports fans in general is if the FIFA voters follow the No. 1 practice in modern sports, which is, of course, show me the money.

If FIFA follows that philosophy, Mr. Jones will have himself an event that makes the NBA All-Star Game look like a quaint little party.
This article is so bad its hard to believe its for real..

"England getting sentimental votes"... jeez, is he just making it up as he goes along and this just now, where the presidents of both UEFA and FIFA have launched outrageous attacks on the english premier league.

"England not having the cash" er... yes Tobias, do you really think so..

Englands increasing financial dominance is the very reason for their unpopularity within UEFA and FIFA. By 2018 premier league revenue will probably be bigger than the NFL and MLB put together.
Its suggested TV-income from Asia could net the premier league US$ 10-20 billion annualy by 2018, and that shows the big weaknes with an american cup bid: Timezones. A US world cup cant exploit the asian market very well and will almost certainly be far less profitable than an english cup.

So forget the money, Tobias, its the worst argument of all for getting the cup.
Long term benefits for the game in the US is a far better argument. In many ways a world cup in England is silly. If the world´s best players are already playing there 9 months every year, do they need to be there over an extra summer as well?
thomasKing no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:46 AM   #375
Carrerra

Quote:
i know the regulations. I also know that most NFL stadiums will be able to host WC matches as it has become a standard in their construction. For example, if you look at all the stadiums i listed at the beginning of the thread, they all can host
Are you joking? Do you believe the width of LF Field ground, for example, is larger than 85M which is a minimum level required by FIFA? or does it have retractable seats in the 1st tier as New Meadowlands do?

Old June 14th, 2008, 04:56 AM   #376
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Are you joking? Do you believe the width of LF Field ground, for example, is larger than 85M which is a minimum level required by FIFA? or does it have retractable seats in the 1st tier as New Meadowlands do?

no it can hold a match, dont argue with me on this. The size of the field happens to be larger than most other american stadiums.

If you cant see this is big enough to host then you need to get your eyes checked

en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #377
Carrerra

Quote:
no it can hold a match, dont argue with me on this
Do you know what 48.8M means in the picture? I don't think you do based on the intelligent level you've shown so far...
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:03 AM   #378
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Do you know what 48.8M means in the picture? I don't think you do based on the intelligent level you've shown so far...
yes, i know what it means. Whats your point?
en1044 no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:12 AM   #379
Carrerra

Quote:
no it can hold a match, dont argue with me on this. The size of the field happens to be larger than most other american stadiums.

If you cant see this is big enough to host then you need to get your eyes checked

Recommend a good American oculist to me. I can't believe Korean oculists any more!
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #380
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Recommend a good American oculist to me. I can't believe Korean oculists any more!
im serious, tell me how it cant host a match. I want to hear your reasoning.
en1044 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup