daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #41
señor cara de papa

Likes (Received): 2

it would piss me off to hear about the final in a stadiumm named pizza hut park, or walmart centre or some shit like that
señor cara de papa no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #42
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2717

At WC the names will be changed
[City name] "Fifa World Cup stadium"

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #43
El Vampiro Ucraniano
Proud Ukrainian

Likes (Received): 595

Terrible idea! Primary reason is the fact that football is not a popular sport in the US. Second there are no major football only stadiums, than distance between host cities, also US have already hosted a world cup, it's time to give others a chance. South Africa and Brazil were great choices, now it will be Eastern Europe, one of the Arab countries, mid East, maybe north Africa, Turkey is another good one and is close to Europe , FIFA has a policy of popularising football in countnewely developed/developing countries.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #44
en1044
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by señor cara de papa View Post
it would piss me off to hear about the final in a stadiumm named pizza hut park, or walmart centre or some shit like that
yeah because naming rights are only sold in the US right?

en1044 no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #45
Dallasbrink
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Vampiro Ucraniano View Post
Terrible idea! Primary reason is the fact that football is not a popular sport in the US. Second there are no major football only stadiums, than distance between host cities, also US have already hosted a world cup, it's time to give others a chance. South Africa and Brazil were great choices, now it will be Eastern Europe, one of the Arab countries, mid East, maybe north Africa, Turkey is another good one and is close to Europe , FIFA has a policy of popularising football in countnewely developed/developing countries.
Football is hella popular in America, its soccer that has a problem. But what better way to promote your sport in the States then to hold the largest Global Soccer Competition in the USA? Soccer's popularity went up a great deal after the Last WC in the USA.

Also, in case yall arnt keeping track for someone i heard earlier. If played in Dallas, it would be in a Domed stadium with a retractable roof.
Dallasbrink no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #46
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Vampiro Ucraniano View Post
Well first, most major American stadiums have been designed to host soccer (deal with it ill call it what i want) games so it really doesnt matter...they can be used in the WC

second, im really confused why you used Brazil as an example...

third, theres a reason why the WC in '94 was the most attended ever...
en1044 no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #47
Dallasbrink
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
third, theres a reason why the WC in '94 was the most attended ever...
Would the answer be because of Americas size and access to the world through major airports all over the country that are used to heavy traffic?

I dont like Soccer that much but i will get on this Bandwagon because i think My area would host the Final game.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #48
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasbrink View Post
Would the answer be because of Americas size and access to the world through major airports all over the country that are used to heavy traffic?

I dont like Soccer that much but i will get on this Bandwagon because i think My area would host the Final game.
I doubt that Dallas would host the final, it would most likely be back in LA or in Washington

Anyway, wernt you just saying that the new stadium couldnt host soccer?
en1044 no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #49
Kamaras Hair Gel

Likes (Received): 0

Id say the final would go to New York or some other major city after having had LA host the 94 final in Pasedena
Kamaras Hair Gel no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:39 AM   #50
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaras Hair Gel View Post
Id say the final would go to New York or some other major city after having had LA host the 94 final in Pasedena
I really think it should go in Washington, considering it would be the largest venue in the tournament and its the capital
en1044 no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #51
Dallasbrink
BANNED

Quote:
I doubt that Dallas would host the final, it would most likely be back in LA or in Washington

Anyway, wernt you just saying that the new stadium couldnt host soccer?
I just talked to one of my friends at HKS, he said it would be able to host soccer games
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #52
Dallasbrink
BANNED

Quote:
I really think it should go in Washington, considering it would be the largest venue in the tournament and its the capital
If the new stadium that is rumored to replace Fed Ex is Domed (which i think it will be) then without a doubt. What better way to show off the nations capital, though security would be a BITCH!
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #53
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
If the new stadium that is rumored to replace Fed Ex is Domed (which i think it will be) then without a doubt. What better way to show off the nations capital, though security would be a BITCH!
Yeah security would be crazy...i mean its pretty bad now, i cant even imagine how bad it would be during the WC around here.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:02 AM   #54
Benn

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
I just talked to one of my friends at HKS, he said it would be able to host soccer games
Do you know how? The corners certainly look like they come in to tight to fit a 105m x 68m field. If they could fill in the suites in the corners temporarily they could for sure, but otherwise it looks a little to close in the renderings.
Benn no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:07 AM   #55
en1044
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn View Post
Do you know how? The corners certainly look like they come in to tight to fit a 105m x 68m field. If they could fill in the suites in the corners temporarily they could for sure, but otherwise it looks a little to close in the renderings.
Its going to able to fit...the field looks about the same shape as Giants Stadium or FedEx Field. Its gonna be tight but it will work.
en1044 no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #56
Benn

Likes (Received): 167

Giants Stadium does not meet FIFA regulations, there is no room to handle corner kicks if they put in a regulation field. The new one will however. Fedex had field level seating added in its most recent renovation that I believe makes the field too narrow, of course they would just need to remove it in the corners and then it would be a non issue.
Benn no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:29 AM   #57
Benjuk

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ØlandDK View Post
You can already get it 2010 when SA **** their tournament up

No seriously. It would be freat if the US could host the WC22.
I suspect that England will be the back-up for South Africa and that the USA will be the back-up for Brazil. Just as with '86 when the venue was switched from Colombia to Mexico to keep it as close to the initial bid as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEwinnen View Post
The best bid is not enough. Spain for example will have a lot of top stadia comparable to yours and Spain has very short distances compared to the U.S.
My prediction: 2018-England 2022-Australia 2026-Asia 2030-Spain
2034- North America
For the purposes of the world cup, Australia is considered to be part of Asia, so it can't go '22 - Australia, '26 - Asia.

Strongly suspect it was be '22 - Asia (China or Australia) or the USA, '26 - (whichever didn't get '22).

Quote:
Originally Posted by señor cara de papa View Post
FIFA don't allow advertising by non-FIFA 'partners' - part of the stadium deal when the world cup is granted is that if the stadium is sponsored, all references to that sponsors name must be removed... eg/ Rhein-Energy Stadium in Cologne/Koln was called Koln World Cup Stadium for the duration of WC2006.
Benjuk no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #58
Dallasbrink
BANNED

tight fit but would fit
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:46 AM   #59
Carrerra

Likes (Received): 22

To me many American stadiums seem to have some problems in complying with playing area dimensions requested by FIFA.

Under FIFA regulations any stadiums which hold world cup matches must have the dimension of 105m x 68m for playing field and "at least" 8.5m on the sides / 10m on the ends for auxiliary area, which results in an "minimum" dimension of 125m x 85m for overall playing area (playing field + auxiliary area).

On the other hand the field dimensions for American football are 120 yards (109.7m) x 53.3 yards (48.8m) as far as I know. It seems that it's OK for the length but for the width there seems to be a problem. Take New Meadowlands for example, it's definately less than 85m in width.

Carrerra no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:51 AM   #60
Chimaera

Likes (Received): 172

I thought 102x68 was fine for the inner dimensions and 120x80 for the outer dimensions (6m on the sides, 9m behind goals). I could be wrong, but always used those in Sketchup.
Chimaera no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup