daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #1561
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVN2007 View Post
In case FIFA Choose USA as host nation for WC 2018, how about the roof in the US Stadiums ? The most of US Stadium don't have roof today and maybe one of the requirement FIFA would be the building of the roof for all stadiums that will be venue for WC 2018.
Look back through the thread. This has been discussed many a time.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #1562
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Gillette Stadium
New Giants/Jets Stadium
Lincoln Financial Field
FedEx Field
Soldier Field
Cowboys Stadium
Reliant Stadium
Invesco Field
Qwest Field
Rose Bowl

All existing or under construction. All current or future MLS markets.
I can't imagine there being 10 hosts. I think it has to be 12 and a pod system needs to be used.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #1563
Flyboy41
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 20
Likes (Received): 0

IMO host sites should be.

FedEx Field/New Washington Stadium (DC)
New Meadowlands (NY/NJ)
Cowboys Stadium (Dallas Texas)
Soldier Field (Chicago)
University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona)
Reliant Stadium (Houston Texas)
Qwest Field (Seattle)
New 49ers Stadium (San Francisco)
Rose Bowl/New LA stadium (LA)
Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia)
Cleveland Brows Stadium or Paul Brown Stadium (Ohio)
Invesco Field at Mile High (Denver)
Flyboy41 no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #1564
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,265
Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
I can't imagine there being 10 hosts. I think it has to be 12 and a pod system needs to be used.
Alright, throw on KC and SJ markets, but Arrowhead is kinda old* and Stanford is small in capacity and field width. Plus, getting there is a pain.

*Obviously the Rose Bowl is older but it's a huge stadium in a major market.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #1565
metros11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Alright, throw on KC and SJ markets, but Arrowhead is kinda old* and Stanford is small in capacity and field width. Plus, getting there is a pain.

*Obviously the Rose Bowl is older but it's a huge stadium in a major market.
Arrowhead is being refurbished.
metros11 no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #1566
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Arrowhead is being refurbished.
It would have to be widened a bit, but with that exception, the current renovations should make it World Cup worthy.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #1567
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Arrowhead is being refurbished.
they are spending like $350 million on the upgrade.
weava no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:54 AM   #1568
Kobo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 420
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaJones View Post
I made two lists of cities because I considered the abilities of Denver and Phoenix.

First list
Atlanta (71 250 places): E3-E4, C1-C3, G4-G2, D2-D3
Boston (71 693 places): C3-C4, A4-A2, E1-E3, F2-F3
Chicago (61 000 places): A3-A4, G3-G4, E4-E2, D4-D1
Dallas (100 000 places): D1-D2, B4-B1, F1-F3, E2-E3
Houston (71 500 places): B1-B2, H3-H4, F4-F2, C4-C1
Los Angeles (92 542 places): F1-F2, D4-D2, A4-A1, G4-G1
Miami (74 916 places): C1-C2, G1-G2, B2-B3, H2-H3
New York (82 000 places): A1-A2, C4-C2, B4-B1, H4-H1
Phoenix (71 000 places): B3-B4, H1-H2, A2-A3, G2-G3
San Francisco (75 000 places): F3-F4, D1-D3, H1-H3, E4-E1
Seattle (67 000 places): D3-D4, B1-B3, H4-H2, C2-C3
Washington DC (100 000 places): E1-E2, A1-A3, G1-G3, F4-F1

5 002 139 spectators in World cup
78 158 spectators per match

Second list
Atlanta (71 250 places): A3-A4, G1-G2, C1-C3, D2-D3
Boston (71 693 places): E3-E4, A4-A2, B4-B1, F2-F3
Chicago (61 000 places): C1-C2, E4-E2, B2-B3, H2-H3
Dallas (100 000 places): B1-B2, H3-H4, D4-D2, C4-C1
Denver (76 125 places): B3-B4, D1-D3, H4-H2, E4-E1
Houston (71 500 places): F3-F4, H1-H3, C2-C3, G2-G3
Los Angeles (92 542 places): F1-F2, B1-B3, A4-A1, G4-G1
Miami (74 916 places): C3-C4, G3-G4, E1-E3, D4-D1
New York (82 000 places): A1-A2, C4-C2, G1-G3, H4-H1
San Francisco (75 000 places): D3-D4, H1-H2, F1-F3, A2-A3
Seattle (67 000 places): D1-D2, B4-B2, F4-F2, E2-E3
Washington DC (100 000 places): E1-E2, A1-A3, G4-G2, F4-F1

5 029 472 spectators in World cup
78 586 spectators per match

A1: Usa, host country
F1: imcubent world champion
I prefer the second list, as by having Denver it spreads it more out within the mid-west. Which cities would host the opening, semi finals, 3rd/ 4th match and the final match from your lists?
Kobo no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #1569
Anak-tij
In The Border
 
Anak-tij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tijuana-Tecate-Rosarito
Posts: 2,417
Likes (Received): 2109

Hey And the Qualcom Stadium of San Diego?
__________________
Tijuana Baja California
The Third Nation


Tumblr- Twitter-Flickr-Instagram10 years in SkyscraperCity
Anak-tij no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:49 AM   #1570
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,218
Likes (Received): 5222

It is being considered for the WC too
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #1571
CaliforniaJones
Registered User
 
CaliforniaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County
Posts: 371
Likes (Received): 255

@Kobo

Opening Match: New York
Semi-finals: New York, Los Angeles
3rd place match: Dallas
Final: Washington DC

Groups A, C, E, G : east, east, west
Groups B, D, F, H: west, west, east
CaliforniaJones está en línea ahora  
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #1572
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
It is being considered for the WC too
Qualcomm isn't really being considered. The stadium would barely even be World Cup worthy in its current state. A decade from now it certainly won't be an option. Qualcomm is really just the stadium they're putting in there for now, but are really holding the place for San Diego in case they get a new stadium by the time a World Cup rolls around.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #1573
massp88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,182
Likes (Received): 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy41 View Post
IMO host sites should be.

FedEx Field/New Washington Stadium (DC)
New Meadowlands (NY/NJ)
Cowboys Stadium (Dallas Texas)
Soldier Field (Chicago)
University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona)
Reliant Stadium (Houston Texas)
Qwest Field (Seattle)
New 49ers Stadium (San Francisco)
Rose Bowl/New LA stadium (LA)
Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia)
Cleveland Brows Stadium or Paul Brown Stadium (Ohio)
Invesco Field at Mile High (Denver)
Not trying to be mean, but I don't understand why some people honestly feel Ohio is going to host a game. Both Cleveland and Cincinnati have poor air service to international cities, small populations and small international populations.
massp88 no está en línea  
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #1574
massp88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,182
Likes (Received): 215

Here are my picks for host cities:

New York, NY (New Meadowlands)
Boston, MA (Gillete Stadium)
Washington, D.C. (Fed Ex Field)
Seattle, WA (Qest Field)
Los Angeles, CA (Rose Bowl)
San Francisco, CA (Stanford Stadium)
Dallas, TX (Cowboys Stadium)
Houston, TX (Reliant Stadium)
Chicago, IL (Soldiers Field)
Detroit, MI (Ford Field)

If USA elects to go with 12 cities then:
Miami, FL (Land Shark Stadium)
Philadelphia, PA (Lincoln Financial Field)

The above 12 cities are easily the most prominent cities our country has to offer. They all have a good mix of a large population base, a large foreign population base and good transportation options. I also don't buy into the need for a pod system. Any more than 12 cities would water down and diminish the importance of being chosen to host games. The US can easily put on the Cup with the use of 10 locations. People will travel to see their teams (over 19,000 English fans attended every game during 2002). The pod system of having 3 or 4 cities in each region of US need not apply to the USA bid.

Bare in mind, in cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. where new stadiums have been proposed, those would be used.

Out if the refined list I feel the following cities really don't have a shot to get picked:

Charlotte
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Kansas City
Nashville
Oakland
St. Louis
Tampa
massp88 no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #1575
Kobo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 420
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by massp88 View Post
Here are my picks for host cities:

New York, NY (New Meadowlands)
Boston, MA (Gillete Stadium)
Washington, D.C. (Fed Ex Field)
Seattle, WA (Qest Field)
Los Angeles, CA (Rose Bowl)
San Francisco, CA (Stanford Stadium)
Dallas, TX (Cowboys Stadium)
Houston, TX (Reliant Stadium)
Chicago, IL (Soldiers Field)
Detroit, MI (Ford Field)

If USA elects to go with 12 cities then:
Miami, FL (Land Shark Stadium)
Philadelphia, PA (Lincoln Financial Field)

The above 12 cities are easily the most prominent cities our country has to offer. They all have a good mix of a large population base, a large foreign population base and good transportation options. I also don't buy into the need for a pod system. Any more than 12 cities would water down and diminish the importance of being chosen to host games. The US can easily put on the Cup with the use of 10 locations. People will travel to see their teams (over 19,000 English fans attended every game during 2002). The pod system of having 3 or 4 cities in each region of US need not apply to the USA bid.

Bare in mind, in cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. where new stadiums have been proposed, those would be used.

Out if the refined list I feel the following cities really don't have a shot to get picked:

Charlotte
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Kansas City
Nashville
Oakland
St. Louis
Tampa
No I disagree here. America has to have a pod system in its regions, so to cut down on the travel distance for both the fans and players. I recall reading that during the USA 1994 World Cup, the distance fans had to travel was way too much. Example: Romainia's fixtures in the group stage the fans had to travel from LA to Detroit and then back to LA. The United States is huge they need to keep at least the group stages and 1st round knock out stage within regions.
Kobo no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #1576
nandofutbolero
Registered User
 
nandofutbolero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the world , el planeta tierra
Posts: 288
Likes (Received): 1

hello Im new in this thread so yeah at least for the first rounds group stages close to referred as distance and for the quartefinals and well that's another story but my question is which stadium will be best to hold the final match?? since the US has many great capacity venues the rose bowl seem old it's a nice stadium but I don't know what other to put for the final match?
__________________
Lastima que para viajar por el continente y el mundo necesitemos de una visa. saludos !
nandofutbolero no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #1577
ryebreadraz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandofutbolero View Post
hello Im new in this thread so yeah at least for the first rounds group stages close to referred as distance and for the quartefinals and well that's another story but my question is which stadium will be best to hold the final match?? since the US has many great capacity venues the rose bowl seem old it's a nice stadium but I don't know what other to put for the final match?
The New Meadowlands Stadium would be my choice for the final. LA has hosted one already and the New Meadowlands Stadium, at 80,000+ seats representing the country's biggest city would be wonderful IMO. If Dan Snyder gets a new retractable roof stadium with 100,000+ seats as rumored then DC would be an option too.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #1578
nandofutbolero
Registered User
 
nandofutbolero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: the world , el planeta tierra
Posts: 288
Likes (Received): 1

hmm new medowlands sounds fair to me ...!!!! thanks for the info
__________________
Lastima que para viajar por el continente y el mundo necesitemos de una visa. saludos !
nandofutbolero no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #1579
hngcm
Registered User
 
hngcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,644
Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy41 View Post
IMO host sites should be.

FedEx Field/New Washington Stadium (DC)
New Meadowlands (NY/NJ)
Cowboys Stadium (Dallas Texas)
Soldier Field (Chicago)
University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona)
Reliant Stadium (Houston Texas)
Qwest Field (Seattle)
New 49ers Stadium (San Francisco)
Rose Bowl/New LA stadium (LA)
Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia)
Cleveland Brows Stadium or Paul Brown Stadium (Ohio)
Invesco Field at Mile High (Denver)
Cleveland over Miami?
hngcm no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:14 PM   #1580
FerrariEnzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York-Cleveland
Posts: 353
Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by massp88 View Post
Not trying to be mean, but I don't understand why some people honestly feel Ohio is going to host a game. Both Cleveland and Cincinnati have poor air service to international cities, small populations and small international populations.
This is why:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...yvDMAD9A6NF8O0
__________________
Abstract Thinking: MENSA-MEGA
www.us.mensa.org
http://www.megacenter.org/
Mega International resides on that level.
FerrariEnzo no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
los angeles, united states of america, world cup

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu