daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 6th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #681
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Oops, you misuderstood me. I said that 15 Penn looks a lot like it's grandpa, this grandpa is the ESB, meaning that 15 Penn looks a lot like ESB
Sure why not lol

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #682
tinus016

Likes (Received): 3

When do they start with this building???
tinus016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #683
Dirty new yorker

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinus016
When do they start with this building???
Like Robert Walpole said a few pages back. It may not be a while until this gets underway, considering tower verde , Hudson yards, and several other residential buildings are also going to be built soon.
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #684
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Just to be sure, this is gonna be mixed use, right?
Old August 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #685
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

IDK if it is going to be mixed use, but Vornado def needs an anchor tenant to go ahead with this project.

There are two designs for this tower.

1 single tenant

2 multiple tenants

One of theese ones i cant memorise which would sit in the middle of the plot on a big base, while the other design would sit directly on the pavements and go up the whole 371m, which id prefer to see.
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #686
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty new yorker View Post
Like Robert Walpole said a few pages back. It may not be a while until this gets underway, considering tower verde , Hudson yards, and several other residential buildings are also going to be built soon.
This is purely an office building, so tower verre and the other residential buildings have nothing to do this.

This along with Manhattan West, will be the last of the big office buildings to get tenants because they will require higher rents than space at the WTC, or the Hudson Yards. This is not mixed use, again.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #687
Dirty new yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000

This is purely an office building, so tower verre and the other residential buildings have nothing to do this.

This along with Manhattan West, will be the last of the big office buildings to get tenants because they will require higher rents than space at the WTC, or the Hudson Yards. This is not mixed use, again.
Oh I thought it was residential... I could have sworn.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #688
Dirty new yorker

I might have just correlated it with the hotel it will be built over.
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #689
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post

I guess this means this building is still far from being built. After all, who would pay more for the same standard they can get cheaper at the WTC and the Hudson Yards?
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #690
Dirty new yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto

I guess this means this building is still far from being built. After all, who would pay more for the same standard they can get cheaper at the WTC and the Hudson Yards?
Only if there is still demand after hy and wtc are finished
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #691
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Well, from what I heared now there is huge demand for class A office space, but then again, WTC and HY are huge complexes so they might very well satisfy all demand, after all, look how much new space NY's gonna have compared to other cities. Nearly all currently built or planned skyscrapers are in NY 9/11 was a real catastrophe for office space in NY, even though from what I heared it was class B
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #692
kingsc

What was class B, The old wtc? I don't think class B tower, get there own zip code.

Last edited by kingsc; August 10th, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #693
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I dunno what class it was, I only remember somebody in the 1WTC thread saying it was class B
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #694
kingsc

I'll give it 2 to 4 years and not for the reasons you think. First the hotels got to go and then the work on the subway.
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #695
Dirty new yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc
I'll give it 2 to 4 years and not for the reasons you think. First the hotels got to go and then the work on the subway.
Yes there's a lot of extra prep work in order for this one.
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #696
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2092

I hate this building. It is too fat for such a tall tower, and will ruin the scale of many other midtown buildings by dwarfing them. Also, only 68 floors for 1216'? Those huge floors will also serve to ruin the scale of the rest of the area. This will possibly be NYC's least graceful building on the skyline. It reminds me of that chunky Jersey City tower on steroids. I hope every supertall proposed for NYC gets built except for this one.

As an aside, the developer for this (Vornado) completely decimated a major shopping district in my city (The Filene's site in DTX in Boston). We have had a gaping hole for around 3 years now, and the dipshit in charge of Vornado was even caught bragging about basically holding cities hostage with unfinished sites until they lowered the value and could build for cheaper (something like that). I wish nothing but the worst for those scumbags, and hope they don't eventually subject your city to this monstrosity.
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #697
Rubba

Likes (Received): 0

I like this building it has a nice design and it is the future so build big or go home.
Rubba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #698
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Tough luck Boston.

Anyways, those are good points regarding the amount of prep that will be needed as Vornado agreed to:

"-Widening the stair from the Seventh Avenue southbound local platform to the 32nd Street underpass (21);
-Building a new stairway to the center platform from the 32nd Street/Seventh Avenue underpass (25);
-Widening the Seventh Avenue northbound local platform between West 32nd and West 33rd Streets by six feet (26);
-Building new subway entrances at Seventh Avenue and West 32nd Street and Seventh Avenue and West 33rd Street, each of which would include a 10-foot-wide set of stairs through the proposed building (36 and 37);
-Constructing a new street elevator at the Seventh Avenue and West 33rd Street entrance (38);
-Widening the Sixth Avenue and West 32nd Street PATH entrance stairs by 10 feet, and adding one escalator (40);
-Constructing one escalator at the Sixth Avenue and West 33rd Street subway entrance (41);
-Constructing a 10-foot staircase from the PATH to the B, D, F, and V platform near West 32nd Street (44);
-Constructing a 15-foot staircase from the PATH to the B, D, F, and V platform near West 33rd Street (45); and
-Reconfigure fare control area to accommodate new stairs (44 and 45) from the PATH to B, D, F, and V platforms (51a)." Credit NYGuy on SSP.

One advantage this has over the Hudson Yards is its location. Penn Station is the busiest train station in the country I believe, and this will only increase as with the Mohynihan Station Project, which is essentially expanding Penn Station across 8th Ave into an old Post Office Building.

Also, this looks like it has trading floors which are not available I don't think in the Hudson Yards or Manhattan West, and trading floors are crucial for any large financial institution. Anyway, we're just going to have to wait and see.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #699
kingsc

Ok firstly the fat version of this building isn't being built and second it's not 1,216 feet. And the design fits well with the rest of the city. I'm looking forward to the day, they start construction on it.
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #700
Kanto
Roof height crusader

So how many feet is it then?

Tags
15 penn plaza, hotel pennsylvania, madison square garden, new york, new york project, penn station, vornado