daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 14th, 2008, 12:22 AM   #41
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYMAN View Post
I agree.

Just another excuse to show off.

Just name what the thread really is.
This thread shows every building in the WHOLE latin amercia UNDER CONSTRUCTION above 200m, is not my fault that probably there is just one for the moment in Mexico, (that hasn´t even started yet).
This thread shows the reality we are living in Latin America, and yes, Panama owns the list, but that´s not my problem, this list is very objetive and shows true data of the construction status in Latin America, is not my fault if in your country there´s not such a skyscraper boom like in Panama for the moment.
Besides this list is different from other because this one only shows U/C towers, not projects that may or may not be approved. greetings

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #42
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Panama is the Capital City of Latin America???, Yeah!!, since when???
maybe you are not so well informed, this may help you I think
Since a couple of years many tourist and business magazines are claiming Panama City to be the new Capital of Latin America, for example:

http://www.panamainfo.com/en/panama-...pital-americas

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 01:32 AM.
Dr Drums no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #43
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM View Post
Since when is Panama's development the development of whole Latin America???
This only shows that our countries are growing and building higher skyscrapers than before, right now Panama is the one building more, that's undeniable, but there are many projects that are beggining construction very soon in Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Brasil, Chile, Argentina, so my purpose is keeping this list updated with all the projects coming, I think is important to know what´s the status of Latin America in terms of skyscrapers construction at the moment, I find it very interesting.

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #44
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM View Post
Tourist sites??? Sao Paulo may have some business sites. But tourist??? Or do you mean Rio?
No, I mean Sao Paulo, in the past few years Sao Paulo´s government has tried to introduce this city to the world as a tourist friendly, cosmpolitan, very culturized city, with museums, world class restaurants, luxury hotels, etc, even has a commercial that you can see on cable tv were all this I´m telling you appears,
http://www.cidadedesaopaulo.com/ingles/index_eng.asp
so yes, it has tourist sites, and also business sites.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fWd1DXjBsmI

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #45
PsychoBabble
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Not too long ago Uncle Sam decided to invade and remove a CIA Stooge that ran this place....my have times changed.
PsychoBabble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #46
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianmx View Post
Great height but why do they have to make such U-G-L-Y towers in Panama City? At least I'm happy to see that the nasty "fruit bowl tower" was canceled.
That´s just your opinion my friend, I don´t find them ugly at all, I think they are very unconventional, different from the typical highrises, skyscrapers of other countries, because most of them are designed by panamanian arquitects have a Unique style that differenciates them from the rest of the world, and that makes them very special, I love the Trump Ocean Club, and Los Faros de Panama is very nice also, besides this are only renders, sometimes the render can make the building look better, but based on the experience I had, the buildings here in Panama look much more prettier when they are finished than in the renders.

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:22 AM   #47
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'rational crazy' View Post
LATIN AMERICA Projects & Construction Over 200m???..!!!

This indeed is another thread of Panama City!

PANAMÁ CITY | Projects & Construction
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=603867
That thread shows both projects and construction, and is not above 200m, this thread only includes U/C, and will include in the future all other U/C above 200m coming soon from other latin american countries. But you are right in something, for the moment Panama rules the list, I know that will change in the future, don´t get angry, is not my fault,

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #48
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBabble View Post
Not too long ago Uncle Sam decided to invade and remove a CIA Stooge that ran this place....my have times changed.
Indeed my friend, indeed
Old June 14th, 2008, 02:41 AM   #49
Ian
Mariano

Likes (Received): 559

So your source is Panamainfo??

are you really so chauvinist???? There's no 'capital of latinamerica'
Ian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:07 AM   #50
Christianmx
Bring you to Hill

Likes (Received): 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Drums View Post
That´s just your opinion my friend, I don´t find them ugly at all, I think they are very unconventional, different from the typical highrises, skyscrapers of other countries, because most of them are designed by panamanian arquitects have a Unique style that differenciates them from the rest of the world, and that makes them very specia
They are "unique" I will give you that. And you are also right, we would not see this "unique" buildings (this tall) anywhere else in the world. We can all agree on this =P
Christianmx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #51
CarlitosPanama
CarlitosPanama

Likes (Received): 194

True that there is no Capital in Latin America, but if there were the most obvious choice would be Panama given its fast economic development, central geographic position and long-established reputation as a world-class business and trade center. True also, that the Panama has a long way to go to be considered a developed country, true also that compared to most latin american countries it is way ahead, and has way more potential!!!!!!!!!
CarlitosPanama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #52
SoHype!
T O N I G H T

Likes (Received): 8026

Quote:
They are "unique" I will give you that. And you are also right, we would not see this "unique" buildings (this tall) anywhere else in the world. We can all agree on this =P
Whatever Christian.. this thread is too cocky.

One day.. when Latin American towers reach the 198.5 meters, the 98% of the windows and the 99% of the lamps we will be allowed (probably) to post here.

"El futuro es lo obsoleto en reversa". Vladimir Nabokov
a r c h i t e c t u r e / r e a l _ e s t a t e
SoHype! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #53
Cheetoh2002

Likes (Received): 0

not to say anything but out of all of those buildings, i like the one from Santiago, even though Panama has a lot more, they look too much alike, but its still nice to see some new tall buildings in Latin America, i didn't know about the tower next to Torre Mayor in Mexico City, that will look great next to each other and create a better cluster of towers along Paseo de la Reforma!!
Cheetoh2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #54
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:

And you are so childish to take it literal???, a few years ago Miami was referred as the Capital of Latin America even if it was in the US, that doesn´t mean is really the capital. Is just an "expression", in terms of being a city were many investments are made right now in Latin America, is not like is really THE Capital. That information is based on true facts, is you don´t want to believe me I really don´t care, is not my problem that the chauvinist is being other that can't handle this info.

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #55
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHype! View Post

One day.. when Latin American towers reach the 198.5 meters, the 98% of the windows and the 99% of the lamps we will be allowed (probably) to post here.

No, you won´t, because you need to be above 200m, sorry, rules are rules.

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 14th, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #56
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:

Here is another page, from Boston, not Panama, that says the same, is not fake man, accept this, is happening, it won´t hurt you, Panama is booming nobody can denie it.
http://www.boston.com/news/world/lat...a_on_the_rise/
I suggest you read the entire article.
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #57
Christianmx
Bring you to Hill

Likes (Received): 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHype! View Post

*unique=ugly
Christianmx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #58
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:

*unique=ugly
lol, you really have nothing else to say, that´s ok, what´s important is that this thread is causing reactions, and that´s a good thing.
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #59
Ian
Mariano

Likes (Received): 559

Man, i could find thousands of articles saying that the 'capital of latinamerica' is Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo or Mexico DF... so please don't be so nationalist and chauvinist... And besides Panama is very far of having the development of other cities in latinamerica and other countries also!!!!....
All those extremely ugly buildings don't say nothing to me... I mean, is like saying Dubai is more important than New York or London just beacause it has hundreds of tall ugly buildings...
Ian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 10:46 PM   #60
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Quote:
Man, i could find thousands of articles saying that the 'capital of latinamerica' is Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo or Mexico DF... so please don't be so nationalist and chauvinist... And besides Panama is very far of having the development of other cities in latinamerica and other countries also!!!!....
All those extremely ugly buildings don't say nothing to me... I mean, is like saying Dubai is more important than New York or London just beacause it has hundreds of tall ugly buildings...
Well I don´t really care if they say something to you or not, or if they are ugly to you, is not my intention to impress you, just to document the construction status of latin america at this moment, right now Panama is having it´s moment, and that´s undeniable (if the buildings are ugly, that´s just a matter of taste), and yes there are more developed cities in Latin America at the moment, but non of this cities are growing at the pace Panama is growing right now, and that´s what I´m talking about, I´m not talking about who is more developed or wich city is better, and no, I´m not chauvinist, I´m a patriot that´s undeniable, but I´m just giving information (and I didn´t made it up), if that´s a problem to you, and is so hard to believe, then don´t enter this thread anymore.