daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 16th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #81
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHype! View Post
Just for the record, the biggest compilation of >>projects and construction<< in Mexico City by 2012

Reforma Av.
With this skyline I would consider Mexico City the best skyline in europe if it was in Europe! Looks very Asian!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #82
Ace!
15°48′S 47°54′W

Likes (Received): 3

I reckon it's even better than many asian cities' skylines!
Congratulations, Mexico City!
Congratulations, Panama City!
Congratulations, Santiago de Chile!

I truly believe all of these cool skyscrapers (ok, a few not so nice, I gotta say...) is great for all of us!
Ok, competition and discussion will always be around. However, what's the point of be here criticizing each others development?
We sould all just go to a bar, drink a beer and enjoy our amazing Latino America Latina!

Cheers!
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #83
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM View Post
Sorry, but every mid-sized city in Euope and the US has more and better museums than Sao Paulo. And honestly, I wouldn't cross the Ocean 11,000 km to go to Sao Paulo and visit museums and restaurants (in Frankfurt, the cuisine is represented by 160 nations, Sao Paulo 55 from what I read in a city guide) when there are things that are far more interesting for European tourists like the North East, Iguazu Falls and the Amazon.... The hotels and museums may be a nice thing to go if you are there for business, but not for a tourist!!!
Well, still I prove my point, is a tourist city, and if you live in America you don't have to cross the ocean to visit Sao Paulo, I think is a nice city, very cosmopolitan, and probably much more cheaper than many europeans cities, perhaps it doesn´t have so much different nations restaurants like you said, but it has 55 and that's a good bunch of nations, is better than what many other latin countries have to offer, it has many museums, and shows like operas, symphonies, theater, etc, I probably would visit it, and not for business, but that's my opinion, and there's one thing called business tourism, were you go to do business and at the time travel and see all the things the city has to offer, and that is tourism also, so there´s no way to say Sao Paulo is not a tourist city.

Last edited by Dr Drums; June 16th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.
Dr Drums no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #84
-kezadags-
kezadags

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARACUCHisimo View Post
How arrogant can we latinamericans be? For sure, Panama is having a nice development last years but It does not make it a first world country and It definetly don't make the Panama City latinamerica capital city... but if someday Bolivars dream come true I'm 100% sure that the capital would be Sao Paulo or maybe Buenos Aires but sure not Panama City.

I recomend you panameños just to enjoy your growth not tring to look better, cuz you are not.
you are wrong my firend, the latinamerica capital city is México city, is the bigest of the world and the most important city in America after NY
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
-kezadags- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #85
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Since when is MC the biggest town in the world??? Forgot Tokyo and Sao Paulo and NYC and...
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #86
-kezadags-
kezadags

believe ir or not mexico city is bigger than sau paoulo(the 3º bigest city) and NY, I heard that Mexico City and Tokio are almost the same!!!! inform yourselfe please
-kezadags- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #87
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

I ALREADY DID INFORM:

Sao Paulo city proper: 10,238,500, Metro area: 20,600,000
Mexico City city proper: 8,720,916 (Instituto Nacional de Estadística Geografía e Informática, Mexico ), Metro area: 22,400,000 (incl. Nezahualcóyotl, Ecatepec, Naucalpan)
Tokyo city proper: 12,677,917 (8,535,792 inner prefecture) Metro: 33,600,000 incl. Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama
Seoul city proper: 9,820,171 Metro: 23,400,000
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #88
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

As city proper, MC is even smaller than Istanbul, Moscow, Shanghai, Beijing, Delhi, Mumbai, Jakarta and Karachi!
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #89
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

I hate wikipedia, but this list is quite new:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_d...er_popolazione
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...A4dte_der_Welt
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_d...dades_do_mundo
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%...BD%D0%B8%D1%8F
http://gl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiores_cidades_do_mundo
http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%...B8%D0%BA%D0%B0
http://ka.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E1%83%...83%91%E1%83%98
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM   #90
regio.boy.

Likes (Received): 511

it's a shame not a proud to be the most populous city in the world,
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #91
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Indeed, it is nothing special to be too populous, since megacities are a result of bad urban planning and development!
Old June 17th, 2008, 06:20 AM   #92
CarlitosPanama
CarlitosPanama

Likes (Received): 189

TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bigger the population, the more problems and usually the lower the quality of life!!!!!!!!!!!!
CarlitosPanama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #93
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

That's the point. The "old" megacities could achieve some quality of life, the never ones (in the deveoping countries) couldn't get high living stadards until today and won't get it in the future. Pollution, crime, violence, traffice (jams), long ways, everything overcrowded,...
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:25 AM   #94
BrickellResidence

Likes (Received): 6525

the news of mexico city says that mexico city is sprawling really fast getting closer to other mexican big cities and current population is 24 million 2nd largest city also there's alot of construction going on in reforma and santa fe area and the outskirts they are building suburban style houses which i live in 2 story suburban style house in santa fe.
look at wikipedia for mexico city it says that is the capital city of latin america which it has the largest economy and very high markets.and it is the 8 wealthiest city but in 2010 it will get 7th surpassing kobe,japan. its the wealthist city in latin america.
BrickellResidence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:30 AM   #95
PsychoBabble
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Lets hope it does not , Big is not always good.
PsychoBabble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM   #96
PsychoBabble
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Panama feels like a small provincial city.

No matter how many house of cards they build.

The real capital if there ever was one is Sao Paulo.

Gotham in the tropics.
PsychoBabble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:40 AM   #97
iemanja
blah blah blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM
Sorry, but every mid-sized city in Euope and the US has more and better museums than Sao Paulo. And honestly, I wouldn't cross the Ocean 11,000 km to go to Sao Paulo and visit museums and restaurants (in Frankfurt, the cuisine is represented by 160 nations, Sao Paulo 55 from what I read in a city guide) when there are things that are far more interesting for European tourists like the North East, Iguazu Falls and the Amazon.... The hotels and museums may be a nice thing to go if you are there for business, but not for a tourist!!!
Sao Paulo has more museums than you realise, it's FULL of GREAT Museus btw.

I met many Europeans in Sao Paulo and they loved every little thing about Sao Paulo, including its diverse museums. You are so smart that you make points based on what you read on city guides. That's hilarious.

People from Sao Paulo don't care if you like it or not, you don't exist for them. You are talking to yourself when you make your nonsense comments about the city.

I can't wait to return and eat some real food.
iemanja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM   #98
iemanja
blah blah blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBabble View Post
Lets hope it does not , Big is not always good.
I agree with you again. Big is messy. More populous, more poverty.
iemanja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:35 AM   #99
Dr Drums
Best Quality Since 1982

Likes (Received): 1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBabble View Post
Panama feels like a small provincial city.

No matter how many house of cards they build.

The real capital if there ever was one is Sao Paulo.

Gotham in the tropics.
First of all you don't know how Panama feels like because you don't live here, and as you said big is not always good, being small has many advantages, including more probability for the people living there to have a higher quality of life, and that's something that Panama is achieveing fast, because it has less population for the wealth to be distributed. And besides there´s a lot of cities that call themselves capitals of Latin America, and that´s just a way to describe a city with large commerce, and with many investments, not for how big they are.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM   #100
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickellresidence View Post
the news of mexico city says that mexico city is sprawling really fast getting closer to other mexican big cities and current population is 24 million 2nd largest city also there's alot of construction going on in reforma and santa fe area and the outskirts they are building suburban style houses which i live in 2 story suburban style house in santa fe.
look at wikipedia for mexico city it says that is the capital city of latin america which it has the largest economy and very high markets.and it is the 8 wealthiest city but in 2010 it will get 7th surpassing kobe,japan. its the wealthist city in latin america.
8th biggest GDP doesn't mean eighth wealthiest, since per capita you continue faaaaar behind First World cities.