daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #301
toquielkan

Likes (Received): 167

Hi

Some news about the result of the electrification proyect and the purchase of electric locos ?
toquielkan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #302
yishbarr
Yishai

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by elab View Post
...and Od-HaSharon - Herzelia segment of TA-University-BB-PT-RA-KS-OH-Raanana-Herzelia loop.
That's the Sharon railway. The Raanana link is an extension. And it's "Hod Hasharon". Also, the part between TA Uni and Rosh Haayin is the "Yarkon Railway", and Rosh Haayin is the link between that railway, the eastern railway, and the Sharon railway.

Last edited by yishbarr; July 13th, 2015 at 08:41 AM.
yishbarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 08:32 AM   #303
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Originally Posted by toquielkan View Post
Hi

Some news about the result of the electrification proyect and the purchase of electric locos ?
Well, in Feb 2016, I think they're finally going to start electrifying. The first line to be electrified would most likely be the Jerusalem railway, unlike what they said about the Carmiel railway, due to disengagement from certain companies, but it is going to happen, and the entire network should be electrified by 2018 I'd estimate. (Not including the new valley line, and the old railway to Jerusalem, and freight only lines).

About the locos, there's an issue with the 2 Chinese companies putting in 2 seperate bids and then combining, so they have more chances of winning, so they might get sued by Alstom and Bombardier who is most likely to win, due to their loco being more capable of managing the DD coaches that also come from them. (They reccomend the TRAXX AC3).
Old July 13th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #304
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by yishbarr View Post
Not including ... the old railway to Jerusalem ...
What will happen to it ? Whole abandon, abandon of the mountain section
only ? Is it already decided ?
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2015, 06:07 PM   #305
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcVD View Post
What will happen to it ? Whole abandon, abandon of the mountain section
only ? Is it already decided ?
I'm not sure what will happen with the railway part to Bet Shemesh, but the mountain part is definitely not being electrified.

Trains will still go to Bet Shemesh, but most likely, they might close down the mountain part to Jerusalem once the new railway to Jerusalem is completed. Otherwise, they'll use it as an alternative, but I'm not sure.

Future plans might include a tunnel branch from the new railway to the Malcha station, or something like that, but I'm not sure. Also, the railway might extend from Binyanei Hauma to Mamila (Old city area).
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #306
yishbarr
Yishai

Israel railways just disqualified CNR subsidiary from the tender for electric locos.
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:32 PM   #307
yishbarr
Yishai

Here's my version of the Israel railways future plans map. I didn't make it perfect, and I didn't understand the plans for most of the Judea and Samaria railway plans.

Here's the official plan for 2020.
Old July 15th, 2015, 08:24 PM   #308
Jordbcn
Ya de vuelta User

Likes (Received): 456

Hi yishbarr. As I see, there is a kind of connection with Irbid through Sheik Hussein border. Is that a plan -which I find uncertain- or is it an old connection from Ottoman times?

Anyway, apart from the close to zero return of the investment required, there is a small problem in climbing the Jordan valley up to Irbid....
Jordbcn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 08:35 PM   #309
toquielkan

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordbcn View Post
Hi yishbarr. As I see, there is a kind of connection with Irbid through Sheik Hussein border. Is that a plan -which I find uncertain- or is it an old connection from Ottoman times?

Anyway, apart from the close to zero return of the investment required, there is a small problem in climbing the Jordan valley up to Irbid....
Yes, Israel railways have the plan to make a line to the jordanian border, can be a very interesting proyect beacuse after the siryan civil war, Jordan and other countries need a access to mediterranean ports.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/haifa-i...pe-mayor-says/

Jordbcn liked this post
toquielkan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 08:52 AM   #310
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordbcn View Post

It's a new railway (The old railway was a classic narrow gauge railway, and it was destroyed, and not worth using it with today's technology), but it's probably only for distant future plans, since the situation in the area is "you know what".

Nobody is sure if it's going to be for frieght only or interstate travel as well.

Jordbcn liked this post
Old July 16th, 2015, 10:59 AM   #311
elab
Tran$portation fan

Likes (Received): 681

Valley line progress:
(photo credits to Alex from "Parovoz" gallery)

http://intl.parovoz.com/gallery/20150713_188560.jpg
Old July 16th, 2015, 05:39 PM   #312
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Valley line progress:
IR said that the government didn't give them a budget for a duplicated line, but they'll be able to duplicate it when they do have one. For now though, this makes sense, since the valley area is somewhat isolated, and not many people live there.
Old July 17th, 2015, 12:45 PM   #313
jonasry

Likes (Received): 147

Wasn't there reports a few years back that Israel and Jordan had agreed on studying a railway line between Amman and Jerusalem? I remberthat that Palestinian Authorities protested because parts of the line would pass through the West Bank.
jonasry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2015, 10:12 PM   #314
elab
Tran$portation fan

Never heard about such an agreement between Israel & Jordan. Kinda wishful thinking...
There were actually some leaks in forums about railway line to Jenin and a couple of other Palestinian cities in West Bank as well as railway link between Gaza strip & West Bank.
Good intentions so far. Unfortunately nothing more then that.
elab está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #315
yishbarr
Yishai

There have been many railway plans that nobody knows if they even exist. What does exist is a whole network in the west bank, some of which aren't going to be done too soon because of the conflict. (Jerusalem - Ramallah, Hebron - Gaza would be problematic. What would make more sense are the Jerusalem - Ma'ale Adumim, and Rosh Haayin - Ariel railways, since those are Israeli cities on public C territories). So, I didn't draw all of them on the map, but it seems like our transportation minister is enthusiastic about it.

What I doubt that exists are mad proposals. A Kuwait - Tel Aviv railway is going to have to wait for quite a bit longer. (Yes, someone did propose that I think).
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:53 AM   #316
elab
Tran$portation fan

Meanwhile more old "Primas" (73x-series / 1998 delivery) have repainted with new IR colors:

Girls, e-scooters and... dogs

dimlys1994, pai nosso liked this post
Old July 20th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #317
Kavim91

Likes (Received): 30

Is there any update on the railway Station that is going to be build (supposed to be) in Mazkeret Batya?
Kavim91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #318
elab
Tran$portation fan

As far as I know, railway station was actually planned in Mazkeret Batya area but not approved yet.
Although there is a half-built train platform in Kfar Menahem neighborhood that was initially planned as Kiryat Malakhi railway connection. Its construction was also suspended more then a year ago.
Official reason was as usual: no money to complete the project after budget cutoff.
Despite protests and complains of local residents, works remain frozen for now.

Tan-one liked this post

Last edited by elab; July 20th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old July 20th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #319
Kavim91

Likes (Received): 30

Such a pity. Hate taking busses via Rehovot.. Slow and stuck in traffic
Kavim91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #320
levseltzer

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Although there is a half-built train platform in Kfar Menahem neighborhood that was initially planned as Kiryat Malakhi railway connection. Its construction was suspended more then a year ago.
Official reason was as usual: no money to complete the project after budget cutoff.
Despite protests and complains of local residents, works remain frozen for now.
I pass by this unbuilt station, and never really understood why it was being built, as it is in the middle of nowhere (you can see all the fields in the image - that is what the area is like for miles around). Would residents of distant villages want to use it? 3.5 km to moshav bnei re'em, 7.5km to Yad Binyamin, and 8.5km to Kiryat Malachi. Is that convenient?
levseltzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote