daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2015, 05:01 PM   #321
elab
Tran$portation fan

Likes (Received): 682

not 100% clear for me too....
However:
http://www.jpost.com/National-News/K...station-355781
elab no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2015, 05:33 PM   #322
yishbarr
Yishai

Likes (Received): 171

This is old news. The Kfar Menachem station completion is already confirmed, and so is Mazkeret Batya, but Kfar Menachem first.

For Kfar Menachem, it's been aproved, and Mazkeret Batya's mayor said that the station is going to be built. The stations also show on the 2020 plan map, but both of them are probably going to be open at 2018, I'd estimate.
yishbarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 05:44 PM   #323
elab
Tran$portation fan

Likes (Received): 682

Unfortunately I wasn't successful looking for such a positive info....
elab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 07:11 PM   #324
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Originally Posted by elab View Post
Unfortunately I wasn't successful looking for such a positive info....
Well, you had no chance, since it wasn't the main topic. This is a bit old now, but the rally succeeded.
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4533427,00.html
There are also the residents of Mevaseret who want a stop where they are on the Jerusalem railway, but that's a bit problematic. If that happens, they're going to somehow have to build an elevated railway on the side of the mountain. What would make more sense is a station by Shaar Hagai, on ground level, but there aren't any plans. Most people living close to the line would be using Paatei Modiin, but it would be nice if they made stops eventually for places like Nof Ayalon, which is right in front of the line.

Last edited by yishbarr; July 20th, 2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 03:50 PM   #325
yishbarr
Yishai

Looks like they're opening the Ashkelon to Beer Sheva rail link on September 15. Ofakim station would open later.

Robi_damian liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2015, 08:17 AM   #326
toquielkan

Likes (Received): 167

Some new members of the Israel Railways family !

https://youtu.be/jzQ6m7kcfD4

https://www.facebook.com/irail/photo...type=1&theater
toquielkan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 04:36 PM   #327
Jordbcn
Ya de vuelta User

Likes (Received): 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by toquielkan View Post
Yes, Israel railways have the plan to make a line to the jordanian border, can be a very interesting proyect beacuse after the siryan civil war, Jordan and other countries need a access to mediterranean ports.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/haifa-i...pe-mayor-says/
Without any doubt it can be an interesting project, but, asking to jordanian officials about it, they only have mentioned to me a link between Aqaba and Basra, with the renewal of the Amman-Ma'an section. Not a single word about any link with Israel -which it is a pity. When I travel to Israel through Allenby bridge, even the road iwhich drives there once it leaves the Dead Sea highway is terribly pathetic for a proper international conexion.

And about the supposed link to Irbid, it sounds to me that that hypothetical link throught Sheik Hussein, once the Jordan is crossed, would start climbing the slope just in southern direction to Amman, not Irbid.
Jordbcn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 04:38 PM   #328
Jordbcn
Ya de vuelta User

Likes (Received): 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by yishbarr View Post
It's a new railway (The old railway was a classic narrow gauge railway, and it was destroyed, and not worth using it with today's technology), but it's probably only for distant future plans, since the situation in the area is "you know what".

Nobody is sure if it's going to be for frieght only or interstate travel as well.
I'm afraid it would be freight only. I don't know a single jordanian who is thinking about spending a hollidays in Israel and vice versa.
Jordbcn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:30 PM   #329
yishbarr
Yishai

Anyhow, this engineering company says they're going to build a railway to Chamat Gader. I'm not sure what the railways will benefit by this, since it's only a tourist destination with water parks and stuff like that, and this is the only website where the plan is mentioned, but this company built railways in Israel before, so I guess they might do it eventually. Looks like the closest thing to a Jordanian rail link, even though it isn't.
http://eng.amymetom.co.il/?project=40103

Jordbcn liked this post
Old July 28th, 2015, 05:34 AM   #330
toquielkan

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:
Anyhow, this engineering company says they're going to build a railway to Chamat Gader. I'm not sure what the railways will benefit by this, since it's only a tourist destination with water parks and stuff like that, and this is the only website where the plan is mentioned, but this company built railways in Israel before, so I guess they might do it eventually. Looks like the closest thing to a Jordanian rail link, even though it isn't.

This one is very interesting too ...

http://eng.amymetom.co.il/?project=40104&cat=9

Jordbcn liked this post
toquielkan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #331
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26123

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=539

Tracklaying begins on Israel's Acre - Carmiel line
Tuesday, July 28, 2015

CONSTRUCTION of Israel's Acre - Carmiel line has reached a key milestone with the start of tracklaying on the 23km route

Tracklaying is being carried out by two Israeli companies, Lesico and Shikun together with Germany's DB Bahnbau, which are working from the Macher Junction end of the line at a rate of about 400m per day, with ballast being laid at around 800m per day. Embedded slab track based on the Swiss LVT system is being laid in the 4.6km Gilon tunnel.

The Shekels 2.8bn ($US 740m) line is designed for 160km/h operation and will be one of the first two railways in Israel to be electrified, the other being the A1 direct link from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2015, 08:42 AM   #332
yishbarr
Yishai

The high speed track between Netanya and Binyamina. (or adding additional 4 tracks, so six trains can run on the busiest line in the country at once) is probably for the train from Jerusalem which will eventually run up to Carmiel. There are 2 tracks for 250km/h, and 2 tracks for 160km/h and there are the existing tracks which need upgrading.

For the Sharon railway, there will be quadruplicated tracks between Tel Aviv and Herzelia, and there will be a third rail for the Ayalon railway, so trains going there won't need to wait for the train on the line to reach Haganah or Merkaz.

The Carmiel rails have been started already a few months ago. I guess railjournal isn't so updated. But good news anyways.

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old August 1st, 2015, 09:36 PM   #333
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 539

Quote:
This one will never be built- too expensive and leads to nowhere.
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 09:43 PM   #334
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_shadow1 View Post
This one will never be built- too expensive and leads to nowhere.
Actually, it leads to a major tourist site and some smaller communities on the line.
Old August 2nd, 2015, 07:49 PM   #335
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gre4ko View Post
Some photos of Israil railways :.
Thanks, nice photos. Nice railway stations. I hope, though, that one day the Israelis are going to learn to just cool it: I never take a train when I'm in Israel. Trains to me have the advantage that (unlike airports) you can just walk in and out. No one will stop you or ask you questions. - At least that's how it works here in France and in my native Denmark. But if I try to enter a train station in Israel the first thing that happens is that some brute with a "security badge" on his chest demands to inspect my travel bag. Which is why...

...I never, ever take the train in Israel.

Last edited by hans280; August 2nd, 2015 at 08:58 PM.
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2015, 02:02 AM   #336
Xoser_barcelona

Likes (Received): 47

Which opens up a seat for someone else who does not have your hang up. In Spain you go through security and in China it was on all the subways I took and before entering the railway stations. I am not a fan of over security but it won't stop me taking the train. And in Israel, it is kind of what I expected seeing their security issues.
Xoser_barcelona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:32 AM   #337
Robi_damian

Likes (Received): 9980

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post
Thanks, nice photos. Nice railway stations. I hope, though, that one day the Israelis are going to learn to just cool it: I never take a train when I'm in Israel. Trains to me have the advantage that (unlike airports) you can just walk in and out. No one will stop you or ask you questions. - At least that's how it works here in France and in my native Denmark. But if I try to enter a train station in Israel the first thing that happens is that some brute with a "security badge" on his chest demands to inspect my travel bag. Which is why...

But intercity buses also require controls at station entry, at least in large bus terminals like Jerusalem and Tel Aviv CBS. Anyway, it takes far less than security controls in airports.
Robi_damian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 09:41 AM   #338
yishbarr
Yishai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans280 View Post

Not such an issue really to go through security, it only takes a minute, but we're not going to cool it, because we have had quite a few incidents in the previous decades. In France, you probably don't have as many security issues.

Jordbcn liked this post
Old August 4th, 2015, 09:49 AM   #339
yishbarr
Yishai

Ashkelon - Beer Sheva railway complete.

Old August 4th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #340
Robi_damian

Likes (Received): 9980

Hip, modern junction... What are the new service patterns going to be. Only suburban trains will run the via Ashkelon route to Beersheva and express ones the regular via Lod?
Robi_damian no está en línea   Reply With Quote