daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Albanian Forum > Zhvillimet Urbane > Infrastruktura > Rrugėt

Rrugėt Roads and Highways.

Old February 24th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #261
Treasure

Likes (Received): 0

Actually as far as i know in the past couple of summers most fines were given to drivers from the diaspora coming to Kosovo, maybe not used to driving on two lane roads?
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 25th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #262
thebackdoorman

Likes (Received): 30

If the problem is no longer structural, but that Albanian drivers are such wild idiots, then what is the point of even putting traffic lights.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #263
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3395

The lesser evil
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:13 AM   #264
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

S'di a eshte postu me heret, po ja vlen te postohet prape. Rruga per ne malet e Sharrit, ne rrethine te Prizrenit

image hosted on flickr

foto nga Syri_pz
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #265
SkaNdErBeG

Likes (Received): 39

Me ka marre mendja qe do te kompromitohet projekti WTC, me kete projektin e ministrise se transportit... Por ndoshta mjafton me nje projektim te ri dhe disa ndryshime tjera, varet krejt ne sa hapesire nga trualli i WTC'se do te shfrytezohet nga rrethrotullimi i ri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosovar View Post
WTC nuk ka mu marru aty afer ku ka qene ne plane tash ministria ja ka dhone ni vend tjeter me sa kom ni asht te te lulishtja afer te Qafa mduket qe asht qashtu
Sa e sigurt eshte kjo? apo eshte vetem ndonje thashetheme?
SkaNdErBeG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:26 AM   #266
Treasure

Prizren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xY3mhPTPSA
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 03:50 AM   #267
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
Video shume e mire. Ne video shihet, po edhe me syte e mi e kam pa se Prizreni i ka rruget me te mira ne Kosove, si brenda qytetit ashtu edhe hyrjet per ne qytet.
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #268
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Paving the way: A Kosovo hero's path from rebel to road-builder
Fatmir Limaj builds hope with new roads.

By Robert Marquand | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
from the March 4, 2009 edition

PRISTINA, KOSOVO - There aren't many places in Europe where a minister of transport is a national hero whose name is sung in folk songs.

But Kosovo is not an ordinary place. The country, a year old last month, is where Fatmir Limaj is succeeding at a job everyone else here has failed at: building roads.

Mr. Limaj is in many ways a Kosovo story. In 1998, he took up the gun as a rebel leader, won the first real Kosovo Liberation Army battle against Serbs, and became known as "Commander Steel." He was arrested and later acquitted at The Hague for war crimes. Today, he wears dark suits and patent leather shoes, and cuts ribbons – and deals – over fresh concrete and macadam.

In 2007, when Limaj became transport minister, only five miles of four-lane highway existed in Kosovo. Last year, he built eight miles, instituted 24-hour work sites, and is now overseeing the construction of eight additional miles of four-lane roadway.

Kosovars love it. Limaj views the transport ministry almost as a personal ministry, a calling to build a country. He's read Barack Obama's "The Audacity of Hope," and seems to offer a "Yes, we can" message to cynical Kosovars weary of unmet promises and muddy roads. With rebel credentials in the majority-Albanian society, Limaj has knocked heads, found consensus with contractors, and mobilized a workforce. He regularly drops in on sites at midnight or later. Last year, a TV crew filmed him directing work at 3 a.m., showing the country that change was indeed under way.

"I'm restless by nature, just ask my wife," he says. "Building a country was a dream of my generation. Now, I'm living that dream, but there's a lot to do.

"Our people are hard workers, but they need a good manager to channel their energy."

UPGRADING DONKEY PATHS TO MODERN HIGHWAYS

An executive from a Western nongovernmental organization, who has lived in Kosovo for several years, describes Limaj as "one of the good ones.... His methods aren't typical, but they are practical, and probably what Kosovo needs right now."

Roads in this agricultural society have been so haphazard and poor that travelers from northern Europe routinely got lost, even in recent years. A 21st-century road infrastructure means development. Yet a decade after NATO intervened, and despite a highway budget, little was done. Village roads remained primitive, unpaved, and a nightmare in winter. The main "highway" from the airport to Pristina was two-laned, donkey-laden, and potholed.

Yet last year, Limaj's ministry paved or repaved nearly 500 miles of highway – adopting a strategy of connecting villages with one another and with key arteries.

"It was so much road that we all started to wonder why it hadn't happened before," says Artan Mustafa, political editor at the Express newspaper. "Obviously, one reason is because Limaj has power. No one can say to [Commander Steel] that the road won't go through here or there. He tells you, you don't tell him."

Speaking in his office near the new parliament building, Limaj explains his passion for his homeland. "I feel that 24 hours a day. It was a dream of my youth, to have a free country," he says. "If you asked me 10 years ago, I would have said that freedom was impossible. But God gave us the opportunity."

FALL OF WALL A TEST OF PATIENCE

Limaj's own story began when he was a student leader in the early 1990s. The Berlin Wall had fallen, but Serbian strongman Slobodan Milosevic had revoked Kosovo's special status in Yugoslavia. The Albanian, 90 percent of the population, lived a second-class existence under brutal police-state repression – checkpoints, arbitrary killing, torture – as Serbs revived a deeply felt national myth of Kosovo as their spiritual heartland, something disallowed under Yugoslavia's longtime leader, Marshal Tito.

"The rest of Europe was moving in ways unimaginable to us," he says. "The spirit of East Europe was everywhere. People in Europe were breathing easier. But for us, the opposite was happening. Europe was moving forward, and we were moving backward."

Public debate wasn't allowed in the new Kosovo and students rebelled. "We wanted our voices heard in federal Yugoslavia," Limaj recalls. "We wanted to warn the center how dangerous the program of Milosevic was, to stop this crackdown."

For a decade, Limaj and Kosovo waited as the political and spiritual leader of Kosovo, Ibrahim Rugova, reacted to Serbian tactics with a Gandhian strategy of patience and nonviolence.

A tipping point for Kosovars arrived with the US-led Dayton peace deal on Bosnia.

"After Dayton, all our hopes and dreams fell," Limaj says. "That Milosevic could kill with impunity for years, then present himself as a man of peace ... this was totally depressing for us. There was no hope. We saw what he was doing here. It's true, if a normal person has choices, he would never choose war. But it was either leave Kosovo, or organize ourselves to resist."

LIMAJ FACED JUSTICE AND EARNED RESPECT

The former commander plays down his KLA hero status. But Limaj was the first to switch KLA tactics – characterized by guerrilla skirmishes in villages and hiding in the hills – by confronting Serb forces in the open. His units eventually held two main highways and sheltered 85,000 people, a hospital, and a radio station.

Last week, the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal at The Hague offered its first verdict on the Kosovo war. Four Serb generals were found guilty of using systematic force against civilians. But the tribunal acquitted then Yugoslav President Milan Milutinovic, citing Milosevic as mainly responsible: "In practice, it was Milosevic, sometimes termed the 'Supreme Commander,' who exercised actual command authority … during the NATO campaign," stated chief judge Iain Bonomy.

Milosevic died in his cell at The Hague in 2006, during his defense against genocide charges in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Limaj's time at The Hague remains a sensitive one. He was arrested for crimes while serving as KLA commander of the Llapushnik region. He denied guilt, but agreed to face charges. "As much as I didn't agree with the accusation, I felt it was our responsibility to respond," Limaj says. "So I said I would go to The Hague, and was sure justice would prevail."

It was a lonely, worrisome time for Limaj. When he was released in 2005, he bitterly criticized Kosovo authorities for a lack of logistical legal support that he felt would have shortened his trial. "I was not going to be a man afraid of justice. But in a situation like that, you have a million thoughts running through your mind."

When Limaj returned, thousands of Kosovars made a pilgrimage to his home. Two attempts to run for mayor of Pristina failed. But Prime Minister Hashim Thachi gave him the transport ministry, which he relishes.

What Limaj took from Obama's "Audacity of Hope" was the new president's community organizing in Chicago. "He went house to house to understand the people, their hopes and dreams, so by the time he ran for president could speak to everybody."

That will be a task in Kosovo, still divided between Albanian and Serb. "Kosovo's intentions are humane… we don't want to harm or do damage to others… but allow everyone live together in a new state."

Limaj's biggest test may be ahead. Having won hearts as a man who gets things done, and whose name has been added to a centuries-old Albanian heroic folk song – he must now finish the airport road, as well as a new road to Skopje, and navigate construction difficulties. "He's won the initial battle, but now is the real test," says a UN official.

Mr. Mustafa, the editor, adds that "Everybody loves Limaj, but I also long for the day when an ordinary civil servant can give an order, and it is followed."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0304/p01s01-wogn.html
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #269
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:

Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #270
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Pronarėt e automjeteve sė shpejti me targa tė reja tė cilat u ngjajnė atyre tė BE-sė

Ministria e Punėve tė Brendshme, ka publikuar mostrėn e targave tė reja me mbishkrimin Republika e Kosovės. Nė fillim tė tabelės, qė do tė vendosen nė automjete, ėshtė njė shiriti i kaltėr qė nėnkupton njė pamje identike me targat e Bashkimit Evropian dhe shkurtesa RKS. Me pas ėshtė shifra ku pėr secilėn komunė do tė vendosen kodet nė bazė tė tė cilave janė tė evidentuara komunat. Ndėrsa nė mes tė tabelės ėshtė stema e Republikės sė Kosovės.
Ende nuk ėshtė caktuar ndonjė datė pėr aplikimin e tabelave tė reja, vendimi pėr kėtė do tė merret nga Qeveria nė koordinim me bordin pėr sundimin e rendi dhe ligjit.
Ndėrrimi i targave pritet tė zgjasė njė vit. Por pėrdorimi i tabelave tė reja duket tė jetė me i komplikuar nė enklavat serbe, tė cilėt vazhdojnė tė pėrdorin tabelat me mbishkrim PR,GL,UR e tjerė.

rtklive.com
Old March 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #271
Edi_H

Likes (Received): 1432

Quote:
Videot vendosini nė kėtė mėnyrė
Edi_H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #272
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Somewhere on the Prishtina-Mitrovica road

Old March 9th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #273
SkaNdErBeG

Prishtinė-Durres Motorway

8 Mars, 2009
Autostrada, kilometrat e parė nė pranverė

Ligji i shpronėsimit mban 'duarlidhur' Qeverinė
Pengu mė i madh i autostradės Vėrmicė-Merdar ėshtė mosmiratimi i Ligjit pėr shpronėsimet. Zv. Ministri Adem Grabovci thotė se njė nga pengesat pėr tė filluar punimet ėshtė shpronėsimi dhe kjo ėshtė mjaft serioze

Kilometrat e parė tė autostradės Vėrmicė - Merdar do tė fillojnė nga Vėrmica deri nė Prizren nė pranverė tė kėtij viti, bėjnė tė ditur titullar tė MTPT-sė. Kėtė e ka bėrė tė ditur ministri i MTPT-sė, Fatmir Limaj. Ndėrkaq zėvendėsministri Adem Grabovci e sheh si pengesė tė madhe mosmiratimin e Ligjit pėr shpronėsime. Ai ka theksuar se janė nė diskutim edhe me Ministrinė e Energjetikės, pasi qė fare pranė trasesė parashihet tė ndėrtohet Hidrocentrali i Zhurit, dhe definimi i kėtyre ēėshtjeve dhe ndonjė shmangie e lehtė nga traseja duhet tė bėhet para se tė fillojnė punimet. "Ne do tė koordinojmė punėt qė tė mos interferojmė me njėri- tjetrin. Jemi duke marrė masat qė mos t'i lėmė asgjė rastėsisė. "Njė nga pengesat pėr tė filluar punimet ėshtė shpronėsimi dhe kjo ėshtė mjaft serioze. Ne kemi qenė kėmbėngulės qė sa mė parė ligji tė dalė nė Parlament dhe nė tė fillojmė implementimin e tij sa mė shpejt nė terren".

49 milionė pėr shpronėsimet
Sipas tij, ky ligj do tė 'zgjidhė' duart e MTPT-sė pėr tė inauguruar punimet nė projektin mė tė madh infrastrukturor tė vendit. " Nuk na lejohet qė ne tė kemi ligje tė tilla, qė na shndėrrohen nė pengesa tė mėdha gjatė punės. Janė disa afate tė parapara nė ligj, qė nė ardhmen e afėrt tė punės sonė mund tė na shndėrrohen nė pengesė. Ne nuk jemi kundėr asaj qė me ligj tė fillojnė procedurat, ndėrsa procedurat gjyqėsore nėse eventualisht ka qytetarė tė pakėnaqur me kompensimin qė bėhet, ata mund tė ankohen nė organe tė tjera, qė afatet tė jenė sa mė tė shkurtra, por njėkohėsisht kėto afate tė mos na pengojnė nė punėn tonė, sepse ne po bėjmė njė projekt qė ėshtė nė tė mirėn e tė gjithė qytetarėve tė vendit", tha ai.
Grabovci tha se sukses i madh ėshtė se Parlamenti i Kosovės e ka shpallur trasenė e autostradės Vermicė - Merdar zonė e interesit tė veēantė. Prandaj ne tashmė e kemi kėtė tė drejtė dhe hapat e parė qė kemi ndėrmarrė ėshtė se kemi krijuar komisionet pėr shpronėsim, tė cilat po bėjnė njė punė profesionale nė identifikimin e pronave, duke bashkėpunuar me tė gjitha kuvendet komunale se kah do tė bie traseja".
Sa i pėrket fondit tė shpronėsimit, Grabovci ka thėnė se nė mėnyrė automatike sapo tė aprovohet ligji do t'i drejtohen qeverisė qė tė destinojnė fondin adekuat pėr shpronėsimet. Buxheti i vitit 2008, i hartuar nga ish-qeveritarėt, parashikonte njė fond prej 49 milionė pėr shpronėsimin e pronarėve nė pronat e tė cilėve kalon traseja.

Traseja e vjetėr ndryshohet

Sa i pėrket fondit tė shpronėsimeve, ish-ministri i MEF-it, Haki Shatri, ka deklaruar se pėr kėtė vit ka qenė i akorduar njė fond prej 12 apo 13 milionė pėr fillimin e autostradės. Unė nuk e di se nė cilin skaj do tė fillohet, nga Vėrmica apo Merdari, sepse sipas disa pohimeve traseja e vjetėr do tė pėsojė ndryshime. Tani do tė ndryshojė edhe projekti i shpronėsimeve nga ai qė ka qenė mė herėt, sepse do tė shpronėsohen pronarė tė rinj. Pėr fat tė mirė, gjysma e trasesė sė projektit do tė kalojė nė prona shoqėrore dhe mund tė veprohet pa asnjė problem, por gjithsesi duhet tė bėhet shpronėsimi dhe kompensimi i sektorit privat", ka thėnė ai.
Nėnkryetari i Komisionit pėr Buxhet dhe Financa, Haki Shatri, tha se qeverisė po i hapen rrugėt pėr fillimin sa mė tė shpejtė tė kėtij projekti, pasi qė ligji pėr shpronėsimet do tė procedohet nė seancėn e radhės nė Parlament. "Janė tejkaluar tė gjitha paqartėsitė rreth kėtij ligji dhe tani ky ligj ėshtė i gatshėm pėr procedim.

Shumė kompani tė interesuara pėr autostradėn

Adem Grabovci thotė se deri tani kanė shprehur interesin pėr tė ndėrtuar autostradėn 33 kompani tė fuqishme nga shumė vende tė BE-sė, duke pėrfshirė edhe SHBA-nė. "Kemi 33 kompani apo ofertues. Janė kompani shumė tė fuqishme, evropiane, turke, amerikane. Janė katėr kompani nga Austria dhe katėr tė tjera nga Gjermania, Italia, Sllovenia, Kroacia. Tė gjitha janė kompani serioze tė specializuara pėr ndėrtimin e rrugėve". Sipas tij, tani puna ka mbetur nė vlerėsimin e kėtyre kompanive, normalisht duke pasur parasysh interesat e Kosovės nė radhė tė parė. Ende nuk ka parakualifikim tė asnjė nga 33 kompanitė.
I.GASHI

http://www.kosova-sot.info/?p=27563

Last edited by SkaNdErBeG; March 9th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #274
SkaNdErBeG

and in english:

Kosovo to begin its part of Prishtina-Durrės highway in spring

10.03.2009, 12:50

As Albania nears finishing the construction of its part of the highway from Durrės to Kukės, Kosovo is anticipated to begin with the construction of first kilometers in the spring of this year, says the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunication, Fatmir Limaj.

Regarding the expropriation fund which will compensate the landlords, the officials at the Ministry are waiting for the Parliament to adopt the expropriation bill, which is expected to be voted next month.

Vice chairman of the Committee for Budget and Finance, Haki Shatri, said that government paths will open for a rapid start of this project, once the law on 'Expropriation Bill' will proceed on the next plenary session in Parliament. "All gaps are filled and uncertainties are addressed, the bill is ready for a vote".

Officials at the Ministry say there is huge interest among international companies from many EU, US and Asian countries. "We have 33 companies or bidders, European, Turkish, American and Asian. There are companies from Austria, Germany, Italy, Turkey, US, Japan, Slovenia, Croatia. All serious companies, specialized for road construction".

http://www.eciks.com/english/lajme.p...ws&main_id=886

Last edited by SkaNdErBeG; March 10th, 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old March 13th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #275
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Prishtine - Ferizaj - Shkup

image hosted on flickr
Old March 13th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #276
superalbanian
BANNED

kur do te perfundohet ky siq e quajn anglisht expressway deri ne kufi me Maqedonine se paktu dhe deri ne shkup?
superalbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #277
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Old March 15th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #278
superalbanian
BANNED

Nice pics, I don't like the infrastructure on the last picture... It just looks very dirty and sandy and third world.
superalbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #279
Shqiptario
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaNdErBeG View Post
and in english:

Kosovo to begin its part of Prishtina-Durrės highway in spring
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #280
Labi 206
You're Welcome

which means, they'll start in couple years. lol.
Labi 206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, albanian, kosova, kosova perjete shqiptare, motorway, prishtine, roads