daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #81
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10725

Project is on-going:
Yayasan Melaka Building at MITC - Melaka International Trade Centre

Malacca City, Malacca

Management and Science University (MSU)
MSU Main Campus, Section 13, Shah Alam - under piling stage
http://www.msu.edu.my/v6/index.php
Shah Alam, Selangor

nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #82
nazrey

Sepang Gold Coast, Malaysia's only Palm-shaped resort
Sepang, Selangor

by D_Y2k.2^

From http://www.sepanggoldcoast.com

Old May 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #83
nazrey

Senai International Airport
Johor Bahru, Johor

Senai International Airport, officially known as Sultan Ismail International Airport (Malay: Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Sultan Ismail), is an airport located in the town of Senai, near Johor Bahru, Malaysia. The airport is the secondary hub for AirAsia.

Today, this airport is managed by Senai Airport Terminal Services Sdn Bhd (SATS), the first independent airport operator in Malaysia, after taking over the operations of the airport from Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) in 2003.

An artist’s impression Senai Airport’s Aero Mall, which is scheduled to be completed at end-2009

Source : Airliners network

Last edited by nazrey; May 12th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #84
nazrey

First Subang
Subang Jaya, Selangor

Old May 13th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #85
nazrey

Puteri Harbour
Nusajaya, Johor

Update:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #86
nazrey

Suria Sabah
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Update:
by benz

Old May 17th, 2009, 07:59 AM   #87
nazrey

Sandakan Harbour Mall & Hotel
@ Sandakan Habour Sqaure
Sandakan, Sabah

Update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntly1 View Post
Today I logged on to Sandakan Harbour Square website and found some updated photos on the site.

Last edited by nazrey; June 19th, 2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #88
nazrey

Lido Boulevard reclamation works to start in Q3
Johor Baru, Johor
By Shahrum SayuthiPublished: 2009/05/18

CENTRAL Malaysian Properties (CMP) Sdn Bhd, developer of the RM2.7 billion Lido Boulevard in Johor Baru, will start reclamation works on the project in the third quarter of this year.

In a statement issued yesterday, the company said it has obtained approval from the authorities for the reclamation works to start.

The approval came with the support of relevant agencies such as the Marine Department, Malaysian Highway Authority, Johor Baru City Council and the State Economic Planning Unit.

The Lido Boulevard project, which is located within the Iskandar Malaysia development corridor, is an integrated waterfront development which stretches over 2.4km along the Tebrau Straits coastline.
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #89
nazrey

Wisma Selcra
Kuching, Sarawak
by Yohanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohanes View Post
Wisma Salcra, foto by Carjon, www.catscity.com

Old May 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #90
nazrey

i-City
Shah Alam, Selangor

Quote:

http://www.i-bhd.com/

Progressing

i-Bhd unveils data centre park in i-City
Friday April 10, 2009

i-Bhd unveils data centre park in i-City

PETALING JAYA: I-Bhd’s i-City set another milestone with the launch of Data Centre Park, one of the largest data centre space providers in a single location in Malaysia, yesterday.

Speaking at the launch of the Data Centre Park, Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Datuk Dr Maximus Ongkili said data centres represented one of the fastest growing segments in Malaysia’s information and communications technology industry.

“Demand for data centre services in Malaysia is forecast to be worth more than US$150mil. Data centre capacity in the region is forecast to increase by 68% by 2013,” he said, adding that the private sector was encouraged to participate actively in the government initiative on cybercentre development.

The RM2bil i-City in Shah Alam received MSC Cybercentre status last May.

Ongkili said companies operating in i-City would be able to reduce their cost of operations by 33% because of its technology infrastructure and office services.

“In fact, we are looking at how i-City can be the benchmark for future cybercentres in the country,” he said.

Designed for data centre service providers and large organisations planning to build their own data centre buildings, the park has the capacity to host up to four centres with a combined floor space of 200,000 sq ft.

Kompakar, Malaysia’s leading data centre provider, will be the operator.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:02 AM   #91
nazrey

'Expo city' will make Iskandar trading hub
By Ahmad Fairuz Othman
Published: 2009/05/23

Asia Pacific Trade and Expo City (APTEC)

ISKANDAR Malaysia in Johor is set to become a major trading hub in the region for manufacturers and buyers once a permanent one-stop exposition, trade and distribution centre near Pasir Gudang is completed in five to seven years.

Called the "Asia Pacific Trade and Expo City" (APTEC), it is located within the RM6.6 billion township of Lakehill Resort City, which is being developed by Malaysia Pacific Corp Bhd (MPCB).

Once completed, APTEC will have a built-up gross floor area of about 4 million sq ft, occupying a land area of 9.4ha.

MPCB president and chief executive officer Datuk Bill Ch'ng said APTEC would become a centre for manufacturers of all sizes to showcase their products to international buyers.

"Buyers will come to the hub just like in a department store. These buyers will be retailers and wholesalers.

"The hub will be the centre to supply goods for the regional market, and allow buyers from all over the world to source their products here," said Ch'ng after attending the launch of the Iskandar Malaysia Open Day in Johor yesterday.

Manufacturers who set up their base in APTEC will promote their products to buyers from Southeast Asia, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the Middle East.

Ch'ng said potential manufacturers at APTEC would be selected based on the potential of their products or services.

They include manufacturers of goods such as electronics, fashion, home appliances and foodstuff.

Investors and traders will also find accommodation and recreation at the Lakehill Resort City to complement their business dealings.

Other attractions in the development include a six-star lakeside resort, factory outlet stores, a heritage and cultural village, a thematic restaurant located on top of a rock formation and other international bistros and cafes.
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #92
nazrey

Iskandar Financial District (Zone B)
@ Medini Iskandar at Nusajaya, Johor

[IMG]http://www.**************/show/2009/05/28/09/23/3790010_1066x1208.JPG[/IMG]

The site:
by Nabil

Last edited by nazrey; June 11th, 2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:24 AM   #93

Likes (Received): 1757

COMING SOON!!
SURIA SABAH

by ripple* ~ "LOVE thy neighbour"

2206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #94
nazrey

1 Borneo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Update:
by thienzieyung

image hosted on flickr
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #95

Likes (Received): 1757

Harbour City (still in progress)

by benz

2206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:17 AM   #96
nazrey

Johor

An eye-opener for visitors
Sim Bak Heng
2009/06/09

IRDA chief executive officer Harun Johari (left) briefing State Housing, Local
Government and Public Amenities Committee chairman Datuk Ahmad Zahri
Jamil (centre) during the Iskandar Malaysia Open Day in Johor Baru recently.
With them is Iskandar Investment Bhd president and chief executive officer
Arlida Ariff (right).

The Iskandar Malaysia Open Day provided a good platform for the organiser
and exhibitors to brief visitors on the progress of their respective projects.
— Pictures by Zain Ahmed

The skyscrapers and modern architecture attracted the attention of many.

THE Iskandar Malaysia Open Day which was held in Johor Baru recently was an eye-opener for all. "All" includes not just the visitors alone but also the organiser and exhibitors. The look of disbelief and wonder etched in the faces of visitors as they toured from booth to booth viewing the impressive models on display would not have gone unnoticed by the organiser and exhibitors.

But probably more shocking were the questions posed, which revealed how ignorant some visitors were on Iskandar Malaysia or Johor in general.

When I asked a friend manning the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) booth about the public response at the end of the three-day event, he replied, "Many asked me what is PTP?"

I burst into laughter. Maybe the PTP acronym has too many references, or maybe nobody knew about PTP at all. So, who is to be blamed for asking such a question?

In another corner, I overheard a person asking: "Is this another Mapex (Malaysia Property Exhibition)?"

Well, I could forgive him for asking that question. After all, I got the same impression, judging from the decorations at the Johor Baru City Square atrium. There were two to three developers capitalising on the Open Day to promote their products.

So, the organiser and exhibitors must be having a tough time briefing visitors on what Iskandar Malaysia is all about.

The Iskandar Regional Development Authority showcased an eyecatching model of the futuristic Danga Bay waterfront with its state-of-the-art high-rise buildings and marina.

I, for one, couldn't take my eyes off this dazzling model of glass buildings with its glittering lights.

I couldn't help noticing the looks of disbelief written on the faces of the visitors. Some felt that they might not live long enough to see the model turning into reality.

For me, the timeline for completion of Iskandar Malaysia is just too long. Maybe I would have retired by the time the buildings come up.

The Open Day was not just meant for adults. The organiser had painstakingly set aside a corner for children to play with Lego blocks.

Obviously, this was to promote and provide a good preview of the upcoming Legoland theme park in Nusajaya for children.

But by then the children would have grown up and the Legoland no longer suitable for them.

I am not sure if the Open Day attracted the intended crowd of traders, entrepreneurs and investors. It would be sad if the visitors were just window shoppers.

Nevertheless, the exhibition was well-planned, judging from the great lengths exhibitors went to impress the crowd.
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #97
nazrey

Johor

The unveiling of Iskandar Malaysia
AHMAD FAIRUZ OTHMAN
2009/06/03

(From left) Johor Baru Mayor Datuk Mohd Naim Nasir, Iskandar Investment
Berhad president and chief executive officer Arlida Ariff, state Housing, Local
Government and Public Amenities Committee chairman Ahmad Zahri Jamil and
Irda chief executive officer Harun Johari at the launch of the Iskandar
Malaysia open day.

For the first time ever, the public were shown what their future will be like in the growth corridor, writes AHMAD FAIRUZ OTHMAN

THE Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) held its first ever Open Day for three days at Johor Baru City Square.

About 50,000 visitors, most of them living and working in Iskandar Malaysia, turned up. Many were curious to know about the opportunities available in business, leisure, education and housing in the area that had been earmarked for growth and development.

They browsed through the 30 booths there and met with representatives from Irda and related agencies such as Iskandar Investment Bhd, UEM Land Bhd, Johor Corporation, MSC Cyberport Sdn Bhd and Senai Airport Terminal Services.

Irda human capital senior vice-president, Nor Hisham Hussein, said the event was held to explain the impact the Iskandar Malaysia plan would have on the public.

Previously, Irda had organised two promotional events but those were only for investors and the media.

"This is our first attempt to meet with the public. This exhibition is not only about property but also things that will affect them in general," said Nor Hisham on the last day of the event.

Among the companies that had a booth in the exhibition was Malaysia Pacific Corporation Bhd.

It offered a preview of the mixed township development project known as Lakehill Resort City.

Located near Pasir Gudang, the project includes building the Asia Pacific Trade and Expo City (APTEC), which will turn Iskandar Malaysia into a major trading hub.

"APTEC will create a tremendous multiplier affect in terms of job opportunities," said Malaysia Pacific Corporation Bhd president and chief executive officer, Bill Ch'ng, who estimated that no less than 70,000 jobs would be created.

Ch'ng said Mara had also showed interest in collaborating with a university to open a campus in Lakehill Resort City. The campus would offer courses in information technology and hospitality.

Another person who shared Ch'ng's optimism was Amanahraya-JMF Asset Management Sdn Bhd deputy chairman, Datuk Ahmad Kamal Al-Yafii. The company is a shareholder in the Lakehill Resort City project.

He said all projects in Iskandar Malaysia would have a spillover affect on surrounding areas.

"The APTEC trade centre would encourage the growth of transport companies and small businesses."

The event also attracted property buyers from Singapore. Singaporean businessman Manjit Singh, 47, praised the organisers for providing useful information.

Manjit, who lives in Yishun, had read about Iskandar Malaysia in newspapers and was impressed with the housing developments in the growth region.

"I have yet to decide as I want to gather more information, but I think the open day is a good idea because it gives a chance for people like me to see what Iskandar has to offer," said Manjit.

Housing project exhibitor, A. Raju, said more than half of the visitors at his company's booth were those living in Iskandar Malaysia.

"Most of them are owners of single-storey houses in areas such as Taman Scientex near Pasir Gudang.

"When they see the models of the houses and various facilities that are being built, they become interested.

"Many of them want to 'upgrade' to bigger houses," Raju said.
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:20 AM   #98
nazrey

Johor

Good response to Iskandar Malaysia open day
By MOHD FARHAAN SHAH

JOHOR BARU: The Iskandar Malaysia open day, held for the first time on a large scale attracted a large crowd as many wanted to see the plans and future development within the mammoth project.

Besides locals, it also attracted foreigners including Singaporeans.

Local construction worker Kong Thien Loi, 56, said the development of Iskandar Malaysia would be good for Johoreans.

“With the kind of investment coming in, it will create jobs here and it will benefit the economy as well.

“The establishment of EduCity with the Newcastle University of Medicine (NUMed) Malaysia will give the students here an opportunity to study locally.

Student Mohd Yusof Mohd Razif, 18, believes that Iskandar Malaysia would not only attract investors but tourists as well.

“When Legoland is complete, I think that it will be the main tourist attraction not only in Johor but also in the country.

“It will attract local tourists and foreigners to stay in Johor longer instead of just passing through on their way to the north,” he said.

Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) lecturer Muhammad Imzan Hassan, 33, believes that Iskandar Malaysia would put Malaysia, especially Johor, on the world map.

“But I think that the marketing needs to be more aggressive to attract foreign investors.

“The open day gives people a chance to see what they are planning for Iskandar Malaysia,” he said, adding that this was the first time there was such a large scale exhibition showcasing the event.

Another visitor Christine Teo, 40, hopes that the development of Iskandar Malaysia would not be just all talk.

“Hopefully, the government is not over ambitious and I hope this project goes on smoothly, she said.

Retiree Mohamad Ismail Selamat, 63, who is a Singaporean, described the project as a great achievement for Malaysia.

Giving info: The Johor Fire and Rescue Department operations commander C. Kesaven (right) explaining the equipment to visitors.

“With the investors coming in and the tall buildings in Iskandar Malaysia, it will change the landscape in Johor.

“But the important thing is to keep the area within Iskandar Malaysia clean because if you do not maintain cleanliness, it will chase away investors,” he said.

Ismail added that Iskandar Malaysia would serve as a win-win project for both Malaysia and Singapore as both countries were located next to each other.

Another visitor, car salesman G. Suresh, 40, hoped that the project would mirror similar projects in Dubai.

“With the state government moving to Nusajaya, I also hope emphasis will be made to ensure Johor Baru continues to be vibrant,” he said.

A total of 50,000 people took part in the three-day event themed “A Vision for All” recently.

The exhibition featured participation from more than 15 partners of Iskandar Malaysia including Johor State Investment Centre (JSIC), Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA).

Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB), UEM Land Berhad, Johor Corp, Port of Tanjung Pelepas, Senai Airport, MSC Cyberport, the police and fire and rescue department also took part.

Lending a helping hand: An Iskandar Regional Development Authority employee (left) assisting a visitor to sign up for the Safe Home Campaign.

Besides the exhibition, there were other activities such as cultural performances including Indian Folk and Bollywood Dance Show, Chinese Wushu Dance Show and Malay Cultural Dance Show.

There were also clowns, puzzle games and Lego challenges for children.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) chief executive officer Harun Johari described the response as very encouraging.

“We are very happy with the response this time around and I believe that we have been able to meet our objective of creating higher awareness among the public on Iskandar Malaysia,” added Harun.

Besides exhibitions and activities, visitors also took the opportunity to sign up for the Safe Home Campaign, which is being held during the school holidays until June 14.

Housewife Rosnita Osman, 57, said the Safe Home Campaign would benefit the community as it allowed folk to get to know their neighbours better.

Lorry driver P. Mahendran, 47, said this was the first time he had heard about the campaign and hoped the police would continue patrolling their neighbourhood even after the campaign.

The Safe Home Campaign is jointly organised by the state police, IRDA, Danga City Mall and The Star.
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:23 AM   #99
nazrey

Johor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
An eye-opener for visitors
Sim Bak Heng
2009/06/09

IRDA chief executive officer Harun Johari (left) briefing State Housing, Local
Government and Public Amenities Committee chairman Datuk Ahmad Zahri
Jamil (centre) during the Iskandar Malaysia Open Day in Johor Baru recently.
With them is Iskandar Investment Bhd president and chief executive officer
Arlida Ariff (right).

The Iskandar Malaysia Open Day provided a good platform for the organiser
and exhibitors to brief visitors on the progress of their respective projects.
— Pictures by Zain Ahmed

The skyscrapers and modern architecture attracted the attention of many.

THE Iskandar Malaysia Open Day which was held in Johor Baru recently was an eye-opener for all. "All" includes not just the visitors alone but also the organiser and exhibitors. The look of disbelief and wonder etched in the faces of visitors as they toured from booth to booth viewing the impressive models on display would not have gone unnoticed by the organiser and exhibitors.

But probably more shocking were the questions posed, which revealed how ignorant some visitors were on Iskandar Malaysia or Johor in general.

When I asked a friend manning the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) booth about the public response at the end of the three-day event, he replied, "Many asked me what is PTP?"

I burst into laughter. Maybe the PTP acronym has too many references, or maybe nobody knew about PTP at all. So, who is to be blamed for asking such a question?

In another corner, I overheard a person asking: "Is this another Mapex (Malaysia Property Exhibition)?"

Well, I could forgive him for asking that question. After all, I got the same impression, judging from the decorations at the Johor Baru City Square atrium. There were two to three developers capitalising on the Open Day to promote their products.

So, the organiser and exhibitors must be having a tough time briefing visitors on what Iskandar Malaysia is all about.

The Iskandar Regional Development Authority showcased an eyecatching model of the futuristic Danga Bay waterfront with its state-of-the-art high-rise buildings and marina.

I, for one, couldn't take my eyes off this dazzling model of glass buildings with its glittering lights.

I couldn't help noticing the looks of disbelief written on the faces of the visitors. Some felt that they might not live long enough to see the model turning into reality.

For me, the timeline for completion of Iskandar Malaysia is just too long. Maybe I would have retired by the time the buildings come up.

The Open Day was not just meant for adults. The organiser had painstakingly set aside a corner for children to play with Lego blocks.

Obviously, this was to promote and provide a good preview of the upcoming Legoland theme park in Nusajaya for children.

But by then the children would have grown up and the Legoland no longer suitable for them.

I am not sure if the Open Day attracted the intended crowd of traders, entrepreneurs and investors. It would be sad if the visitors were just window shoppers.

Nevertheless, the exhibition was well-planned, judging from the great lengths exhibitors went to impress the crowd.
Iskandar Malaysia Development
by rizalhakim

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #100
nazrey

Johor

Danga Bay Vision City of the South
Iskandar Malaysia Development