daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #261
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

I'm getting quite excited when I thinking about the new metrotunnel that will fill the emptu space inside the ring. No doubt that it's needed besides to add more capacity.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #262
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

Well, that tunnel is more about releaving certain tram lines. If we wanted to fill the gap in the middle of the ring, we should convert some buslines into tramlines. 20, 21, 37 and 54 are all amongst the most used busses in the city (only 31 [+23] have more passengers)

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #263
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

The tunnel is first and foremost to releave the metro system. IMO it's a very good layout that will bring flexibility to a reasonable cost.

If they were to only add capacity to the tram network, I believe they could to this without building a new metrotunnel. They could get more, better and bigger trams and build it after bybanestandard.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:02 PM   #264
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 919

I agree, I just though your previous post insinuated that the new metro tunnel would cover blank spots in the map I posted.

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:54 PM   #265
Stadiums

Likes (Received): 28

Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge View Post
I'm getting quite excited when I thinking about the new metrotunnel that will fill the emptu space inside the ring. No doubt that it's needed besides to add more capacity.
Her is an example with the new Fornebu line and metro tunnel. It will fill empety spaces give many new stations with transer tram/train/metro and add capacity to the system.
Stadiums no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 03:02 PM   #266
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

The map is too small.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #267
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26116

From Global Rail News:

Quote:
http://www.globalrailnews.com/2014/0...train-to-oslo/

Siemens delivers final metro train to Oslo
13 FEB, 2014

The final MX300 metro train has been delivered to Oslo, taking the Norwegian capital’s fleet of Siemens trains to 115.

Since placing an initial order for 33 vehicles in 2003, Oslo’s public transport operator, Sporveien, has placed follow up orders in 2005, 2008 and 2010.

The metros, which have a maximum operating speed of 80 km/h, have all been built in Vienna and have undergone a comprehensive testing programme to prepare them for the harsh Norwegian winters in Oslo where temperatures can fall to minus 25 degrees Celsius.

Registered_User, geometarkv, n20 liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #268
Registered_User
Gold member

Likes (Received): 427

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
These additional 33 vehicles are mandatory to allow the metro network to handle the travel needs of the rapid growing population. Next out would be to order a similar number or vehicles for the tram network.

dimlys1994 liked this post
Registered_User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #269
Registered_User
Gold member

Yesterday the 115th metro train was set in traffic.

http://www.sporveien.com/ikbViewer/p...-nr-115-971525
http://new.livestream.com/vizart/mx

IceCheese liked this post
Old March 31st, 2014, 08:45 PM   #270
suburbicide

Likes (Received): 247

Some pictures from the rebuild of the last section of the Kolsås line:

Source and more pics: http://www.budstikka.no/helg/pa-spor...bane-1.8360733
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:35 PM   #271
Stadiums

Likes (Received): 28

Eight number concept

Here is the new eight-number concept in Oslo. Oslos population is expected to recach 800.000 inhabitants by 2030(600.000 today) and the metrpolitian area will reach 1.6 million(1.2 million today). Today there are 28 trains pr. hour through the "strained city-tunnel" which is the bottleneck in the system. The tunnel is also a condition for further expansion (fornebu and a-hus line).

The plan is to have the the eight-number finished by 2030 and plans should be complete by 2015 and construction started. If oslo gets the 2022 winter olympics the constuction can be accelerated and finished by 2022.
Stadiums no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #272
zaphod
PRESIDENT OF SPACE

Likes (Received): 1673

Looks like a pretzel...

After I'm gone, your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

Bring me the continuum transfunctioner...

zaphod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #273
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiums View Post
The plan is to have the the eight-number finished by 2030 and plans should be complete by 2015 and construction started. If oslo gets the 2022 winter olympics the constuction can be accelerated and finished by 2022.
What is to stop the planners to take some of the money saved by not having an Oslo Olympics and use it to have the new tunnel finished by 2022 anyway, or is that too rational?
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 03:55 PM   #274
Registered_User
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by :jax: View Post
What is to stop the planners to take some of the money saved by not having an Oslo Olympics and use it to have the new tunnel finished by 2022 anyway, or is that too rational?
Politicians I guess.
A potential Olympics will be funded by the state (government), while the metro tunnel is all in the hands of Oslo municipality. Different wallets that is...
Old June 15th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #275
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1138

It is a great fact that Oslo metro has converted from some suburban railway lines & tram lines !!!!!

There are another unique fact that part of the metro system is also served by tram system!! We can't even emagine it in Kolkata, my city..
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #276
Ashis Mitra

I heard third rail could be affected by snowfall, but how Oslo's metro is running in winter, on surface portion, which serves outiide areas on at grade? even with level corossing section, with heavy snow fall?
Old July 9th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #277
suburbicide

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
I heard third rail could be affected by snowfall, but how Oslo's metro is running in winter, on surface portion, which serves outiide areas on at grade? even with level corossing section, with heavy snow fall?
With heavy snow fall there can be delays or disruptions, but it's fairly rare. They run special trains to remove snow. Switches are heated to melt snow and ice. I don't think level crossings present any particular problem with regards to snow.

suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #278
Duesey

Likes (Received): 16

Oslo's metro-system uses a bottom-contact third-rail system. Combined with diligent maintenance during winters, it really isn't problematic.

Further, the trains have their power-collectors distributed along the train, so as long as one car has a connection, the train can still move. There are back-up batteries as well, but those are primarily only for yard-operation.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Duesey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #279
Ashis Mitra

very unique, thanks very much
Old July 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM   #280
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

– Trikken er uten tvil det beste transportmiddelet i Oslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknisk Ukeblad
Kuhn har sammenliknet kollektivtilbudet i Oslo, Gøteborg, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Zurich, Lyon, Amsterdam og Manchester.

Etter å ved forrige verksted ha konkludert med at det kjøres alt for mye luft i Oslo, presenterte han onsdag hans syn på hvordan kollektivtilbudet i hovedstaden bør endres.

– Det er for mange alternative transportalternativer inn til Oslo sentrum. Tilbudet er på mange måter for godt. Passasjerene har for mange alternativer, noe som gir lav effektivitet, sier Kuhn.

Manglende prioritering mellom kollektivalternativene fører ifølge ham til for mange vognkilometer per år, men for få passasjerer per vognkilometer.

Kuhn tar for seg hvert enkelt kollektivtilbud, og har forslag til endring hos både tog, buss, t-bane og trikk.

– Når det kommer til tog bør infrastrukturen bygges om slik at ikke alle linjer går via Oslo sentrum. Det er helt unødvendig at de som bor i øst, men jobber i vest skal måtte kjøre via Oslo sentralstasjon, og motsatt, sier han.
Synopsis: Opinion of external expert is too many empty busses and trains, too much traffic goes by the centre, more busses and trains in the east where the traffic is, less busses in the city core, metro lines are too long, trams should dominate city core and have precedence over other traffic.

Northridge liked this post

Last edited by :jax:; July 12th, 2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added synopsis in English
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
oslo