daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #321
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 927

Good to here about them meeting schedule and budgets. For you non-Norwegians, the last guy talks about how this project is preparing them for Fornebubanen which is the next big metro-project. Hopefully they'll start on that within 2-3 years

Take a look at my Photo Mess!

dimlys1994 liked this post
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2015, 03:44 PM   #322
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26144

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
Good to here about them meeting schedule and budgets. For you non-Norwegians, the last guy talks about how this project is preparing them for Fornebubanen which is the next big metro-project. Hopefully they'll start on that within 2-3 years
I saw in title name of Fornebubanen and yes, I didn't understood what did they say about it. Thank you for explanation
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 03:22 PM   #323
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Thanks to Oslo for expanding its tram network. Then latest extension is the 19-01-2014: Line 13 extended from Jar to Bekkestua sharing metro tracks (skipping Ringstabekk station). This could be a model for other cities, where both tram & metro has same guage, so tram routes could share metro routes on the same track – less cost, fast extension.

Currently, there are only 6 routes – 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19. So it is clear that route 1 to 10 and 14 to 16 has closed. Could anyone say which routes were those? Please write me details about those closed routes.

Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #324
suburbicide

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Currently, there are only 6 routes – 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19. So it is clear that route 1 to 10 and 14 to 16 has closed. Could anyone say which routes were those? Please write me details about those closed routes.
There have been many changes to the line-numbering over the years. In the 90s it was decided that single digit lines were to be reserved for metro, so all the single digit tram lines got new numbers.

Many lines have been closed, mostly in the 60s. Here's a map of the tram system in 1940, with the numbering that was used at that time:

Source: Oslo-trikken by Hans Andreas Fristad

Not drawn are suburban railways that are today a part of the city tram system or T-bane system. They were at that time operated by different companies. The following suburban railways were connected to the city tram system and ran on the city tram system into the city centre in 1940:

-Vålerenga-Oppsal (converted to metro in the 60s, now line 3)
-Skøyen-Kolsås (now operated to Bekkestua as tram, Jar-Kolsås is converted to metro).
-Gamlebyen-Sæter (Ljabru in 1941), with a branch line to Simensbråten (now tram, branch line to Simensbråten closed in the 60s).

Closed lines are (going by the line numbering at the time):

-10 branch to Korsvoll (first closure, 1949)
-O/13 to Sagene (O was a ring line, the eastern part is of course still intact (part of now line 11/12/13)
-17 to Skillebekk
-17 branch to Rodeløkka
-8 to Vippetangen
-7/15 to Kampen (bus 60 now serves part of this line)
-6/16 to Vålerenga

Of course, there's also been extensions since then:

-Sinsen-Grefsen connection
-Ullevål Hageby (now John Colletts plass) to Rikshospitalet extension
-Aker Brygge line (now part of line 12)

Last edited by suburbicide; May 16th, 2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Fixed some errors about suburban railways
suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #325
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

I knew recently that some tram lines & train lines were converted to metro lines, and I thought so that single digit for metro & double digit for tram, another unique idea for Oslo.

The Oslo metro network is a bit different, because instead of separate lines, it has combination and switches to run metro cars from one line to another, and runs through open suburbs, fields, and forests – mainly on surface. It is possible because Oslo has low population.

Thanks to convert remaining lines from overhead wire to third rail. It is cheaper, more aesthetic, and easily maintainable. The most unique section is line 1, which has olmost half portion with level crossing, despite it runs on surface. We can’t imagine it in Kolkata.

Another unique line is line 2, which partly shared with tram route 13 between Jar & Bekkestua. This could be a model for other cities, where both tram & metro has same guage.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 08:54 PM   #326
Duesey

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Another unique line is line 2, which partly shared with tram route 13 between Jar & Bekkestua. This could be a model for other cities, where both tram & metro has same guage.
I doubt that it is a good example to follow. Any trams that are to share track with metro-trains have to be certified to the same crash-worthiness standards, which today only the "panzer-trams" SL95 are capable of. It is speculated that the combination of trams and metro on this line will be short-lived, and very likely to be phased out with the introduction of new trams.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Duesey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #327
Registered_User
Gold member

Likes (Received): 427

First tram in Dronning Eufemias gate - and first test run of a new tram track in Oslo since 1999.
Hopefully we wont need to wait until 2018/19 for the first permanent line.

dimlys1994, Galro liked this post
Registered_User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #328
rdgnrdgn

Likes (Received): 93

MX3000 cars seems good, I like them. I have a question, do they have emergency exit door in front side of the cars like the Toronto Rockets do?
rdgnrdgn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 10:18 PM   #329
Registered_User
Gold member

Likes (Received): 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgnrdgn View Post
MX3000 cars seems good, I like them. I have a question, do they have emergency exit door in front side of the cars like the Toronto Rockets do?
Quite sure they do. At least there is clear signs of a door in front -> https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../c2/MX3000.jpg

The MX3000 cars seems very good. Nice design, spacious, good capacity and seems reliable. One downside is that they are not air-conditioned, except for the drivers cabin, so the temperature can go high on warm summer days.
Registered_User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #330
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Yes, they do work as emergency exits (and entrances). I have been "lucky" enough to see them in use.

Old August 5th, 2015, 12:18 AM   #331
rdgnrdgn

Likes (Received): 93

Thanks for information. I'd like to see the photo if someone have.
By the way, it's kinda off-topic but I want to ask, this type emergency exits are rare, as far as I know they exist in Oslo and Toronto's subway cars. Do you know more cars that have rear emergency doors?
rdgnrdgn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:15 AM   #332
Antje
Public Transport Fan

Quote:
By the way, it's kinda off-topic but I want to ask, this type emergency exits are rare, as far as I know they exist in Oslo and Toronto's subway cars. Do you know more cars that have rear emergency doors?
In London, largely because of the tight-fitting tunnels.
Antje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 10:21 AM   #333
suburbicide

Quote:
By the way, it's kinda off-topic but I want to ask, this type emergency exits are rare, as far as I know they exist in Oslo and Toronto's subway cars.
Here's a photo of an evacuation that took place between Ulsrud and Oppsal last year. Someone was drilling on the surface, accidentally drilled into the tunnel and hit the train.

dimlys1994, rdgnrdgn liked this post
Old August 5th, 2015, 10:38 AM   #334
suburbicide

The new Avløs depot opened earlier this summer. Buildings from the original depot from 1924 are protected and comprise part of the depot. The depot has a capacity of 25 3-car trains.

Source:http://www.bygg.no/article/1240702
Old August 6th, 2015, 02:17 PM   #335
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26144

More on Lorenbanen project:

IceCheese, Registered_User liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 12:36 PM   #336
Stadiums

Likes (Received): 28

Future metro and s-train system

Here is a pic of the future metro and s-train system. The new s-train system will be well integrated into the metro system to cover uncovered areas inside ring2.

A new metro tunnel and a new s-train will be built through the city center.

Verji, dimlys1994, Bjørne liked this post
Stadiums no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #337
suburbicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiums View Post
Here is a pic of the future metro and s-train system.
That's a bit optimistic. These are just recommendations for now.
Old August 17th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #338
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Source:
Anbefaler trikk til Helsfyr og tog til Bislett
http://www.osloby.no/nyheter/Anbefal...t-8122760.html

Etter et langvarig arbeid har de tre etatene i samarbeid konkludert med at Oslo-området trenger disse samferdselstiltakene:
En ny metrotunnel (T-bane) på strekningen Majorstuen til Bryn (via Bislett), knyttet sammen med dagens tunnel på Stortinget.
Ny jernbanetunnel fra Oslo S til Lysaker. Den skal gå parallelt med dagens tunnel. En av tunnelene skal brukes av lokaltog og godstog, den andre til øvrig trafikk.
Ny jernbanetunnel fra Nationaltheatret, via Bislett og Økern, til Hovedbanen (dagens togtrase nordover) i Alnaområdet.
Ny trikkelinje på Ring 2 fra Majorstuen - Carl Berners plass - Helsfyr - Bryn.
Ny trikkelinje fra Bryn til Sinsen, via Økern.
Hyppigere avganger – hvert femte minutt i indre by.

dimlys1994, Bjørne, ELH liked this post
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:32 PM   #339
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Another video on Lørenbanen:

Old September 13th, 2015, 02:13 PM   #340
suburbicide

Some PR photos of the rebuilt stations Høvik and Stabekk by the provider of the lighting, Multilux:

Stabekk:

This section of the railway will reopen in December

Tags
oslo