daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Urbanism related discussions > Projects and Constructions > Abuja

Old August 13th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #41
qymekkam
Aviation Expert

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman-07 View Post
I would like to see a downtown centre with lots of impressive skyscrapers (office buildings, massive hospitals and shooping complexes and so on) and suburban areas with residentials, greenery, parks, health centres, schools- a more relaxed atmosphere just like in most new cities in Canada, Australia and i think US as well.
same here

Sponsored Links

Old August 15th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #42
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 83

That's why the govt. has to act upon the citizens demand.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #43
Carver02
Mister One Million

Likes (Received): 368

Military Unveils New Housing Scheme in Abuja
Finance Aug 15, 2009

A new 128-unit residential housing scheme has been unveiled by the military authorities to ease accommodation problems for officers and men working at the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) in Abuja.

Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike, while commissioning the first phase of the housing project located at the Mogadishu and Mambilla Barracks, said a total of 264 units were being planned in the two locations.

Dike said that the scheme is expected to be completed before the end of the year to address the acute accommodation which has in recent past affected the morale of personnel posted to DHQ.

The completed first phase consists of 128 flats, comprising 32 self-contained and four blocks of 24 flats. The 32 self-contained fully furnished flats in Mogadishu Barracks which will house the officers have a gym, a maintenance unit which has been absent in previous housing units, mini mart, a common room and a standby generating set.

The four blocks of 24 flats each will house 95 soldiers, rating and airmen at the Mambila Barracks. The flats, which are also self-contained and fully furnished have a generating set. They were all constructed within six months.

The defence chief noted: AToday=s commissioning is in fulfilment of that promise. It is also the first installment in a continuous effort aimed at gradually addressing the negative impact which the scarcity of accommodation was beginning to have on the output and morale of personnel.

AOur intention is to commence the construction of another set of blocks for officers and men, to be delivered before the end of the year. At that time, we hopefully would have catered for 64 officers as well as 200 soldiers, ratings and airmen, effectively; this should substantially reduce, if not completely eliminate, accommodation-related problems for DHQ personnel serving in Abuja.

ALet me reassure you that no effort will be spared in ensuring the provision of essential welfare facilities for personnel of DHQ. By the same token, it is my expectation that these gestures will translate to noticeable improvement in output, turnout, security-consciousness, loyalty and dedication to individual and group responsibilities.

AAdditionally, the maintenance of these structures remains the collective responsibility of all. I therefore urge you all to judiciously utilize these facilities so as to preserve them for future generations.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/1...#comment-33165
Carver02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #44
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Likes (Received): 74

I didn't know where to post this.

Nigeria to get 3 new hotels
2009/08/27

The hotel industry in Nigeria has just received a huge boost with the announcement of three new ones.

The Rezidor Hotel Group announced that the Radisson Blu Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos (250 rooms), the Radisson Blu Hotel Abuja (200 rooms) and the Park Inn Abuja (125 rooms) are all scheduled to open in 2012.

"These signings bring our portfolio in the emerging market Africa to a solid business featuring more than 30 hotels with 7,500 rooms in operation and under development," says Kurt Ritter, president & CEO of Rezidor.

"Nigeria's plan for economic expansion based on the tourism sector and foreign direct investment in its extractive industries (oil, gas and mining) has created a gap between supply and demand in the hospitality industry. Investors possessing the required financial and management capabilities are expected to take full advantage of this opportunity to accommodate travelers to and within Nigeria," says Andrew McLachlan, Rezidor's vice-president Business Development Africa and Indian Oceans Islands.

The Radisson Blu Hotel Abuja and the Park Inn Abuja will be located at prime sites in the Maitama district, which is also home to various embassies and international companies.

The first class and full service Radisson Blu will offer 200 rooms, a restaurant and several bars (including a cigar bar), a ballroom, and a spa. The young and dynamic mid-market hotel Park Inn will comprise 125 rooms, a restaurant, meeting rooms, and leisure facilities, including a rooftop pool.

Abuja was built mostly in the 1980's and is considered Africa's first master-planned city. It replaced Lagos as the capital in 1991 and is one of the most prosperous areas on the continent.

The Radisson Blu Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos will be located on the Atlantic Ocean on Victoria Island. Besides 250 rooms, the property will comprise two restaurants, meeting facilities, and leisure areas including a spa and pool. The future landmark will be the second Radisson hotel in Lagos, Nigeria's largest city and commercial centre. – Eugene Brink
Old April 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #45
dama22

Likes (Received): 0

hi, need to know if anyone has information as regards housing estates in abuja with mortage facilities? i am interested in buying a 2 bedroom through mortage. thanks
dama22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #46
xterra2
BANNED

PPPRA HQ

image hosted on flickr
xterra2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #47
xterra2
BANNED

I couldnt find the thread for this again
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #48
xterra2
BANNED

I was strolling and i saw this shopping complex and i said let me snap this See it below
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #49
xterra2
BANNED

Project Name: Jimmy Carter Shopping Complex
Date Of Completion : June 2011
Project Handlers : Dont give a shit ,just build it whoever you are

Render:
image hosted on flickr

The other Render doesnt want to upload to flickr but this is enough

Construction Update -As at Yesterday ( 13th sept 2010)
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #50
xterra2
BANNED

Actually it is large even standing afar i couldnt take the whole length of the Shopping take
Old September 16th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #51
qymekkam
Aviation Expert

Likes (Received): 9

is this in kado?
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #52
xterra2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by qymekkam View Post
is this in kado?
No its not
Its in Asokoro
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #53
arabiccamel
arabiccamel

hello everybody,
i come from UAE, as the economy going down, we want to develop Nigeria projects and other North Africa. But i am not familiar Nigeria. So who can help me to share some projects information with me. our comapny do the facade fro hihg building. my e-mail is arabiccamel@gmail.com.
Thanks for your help.
Brian
arabiccamel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #54
Samuel107
Nigeria Rules!

Likes (Received): 10

don't know where to place this without opening a new thread. Anyone got pictures?

Foreign Affairs ministry berths at N13b new head office complex

AFTER 10 years, the Foreign Affairs ministry head office, which is the last uncompleted structure in the chain of buildings that constitute the federal secretariat complex in the Central Business District (CBD) in Abuja has been completed.

The multiple-winged eight storey complex supported by oval foyers, named after Nigeria’s first Prime, and Foreign Affairs Minister Alhaji Tafawa Balewa was meant to be a toast to the hub of a vibrant and responsive foreign policy. On the road to completion, it was gutted thrice by fire, the last being in 2006.

The foundation had been laid in 2001 almost 10 years after initial approval was given for a start of work. So it went through interminable delays with variations upon variations. Former Military Head of State, Gen Abusalami Abubakar approved the first N4 billion for it in 1998. But the former President Olusegun Obasanjo approved another contract in November 2000.

After many contractors, the edifice was brought to its finishing line by Bullet Nigeria Limited with Habitat Associates as consultants. The building was initially awarded to an Italian firm, G.Cappa. The contract was later terminated. But only after it had gulped a whooping N1.7 billion according to ministry sources in that transition transaction alone. The last time a date was fixed for the commissioning of the complex was July 2010 ahead of Nigeria’s 50th anniversary celebrations.

The bends in the journey had gone on and on until it was declared open last week. Although there are still work to be done on some of its floors and general upgrading for some sections especially in terms of finishing, the building is essentially ready for use.

The Tafawa Balewa building even though lacks the medieval Gaul presence of the French ministry of foreign affairs structure in Quai D’orsay is very grand and imposing in its own rights. Just behind its main foyer is a hallway that winds upwards replete with silver metals as if to remind the foreign and local visitor about the hallowed nature of the building.

And with independent sources putting the total cost of the building at N13 billion, President Goodluck Jonathan could afford at its opening to task Nigeria’s foreign service officers on the twin issues of professionalism and the projection of the true image of the nation to the outside world.

The President said there was no longer any “excuse for poor performance” as a state of the art, culturally correct headquarter building with interconnectivity to all the nation’s 104 missions abroad has now been put in place.

Speaking through his deputy, Nnamadi Sambo, an architect, the President referred to it as a “the masterpiece of great Nigerian architectural design and a monumental diplomatic statement in the heart of Nigeria...”

Permanent Secretary of the ministry ambassador Martin Uhomoibhi, who headed the bureaucratic team that ensured the completion of the building in its new April deadline, said what Nigeria now has as diplomatic headquarters building compares with any such edifice around the world.
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #55
xterra2
BANNED

Er sorry but your above post shouldnt be in this thread going by the title
This was built and was commissioned so we dont care
Old March 29th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #56
Samuel107
Nigeria Rules!

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xterra2 View Post
Er sorry but your above post shouldnt be in this thread going by the title
This was built and was commissioned so we dont care :)
??
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #57
xterra2
BANNED

I meant this building was completed and was comssisioned so we dotn care about the building anymore ..

this thread "minor projects and design stage" so it cant be classified here ..
No offense
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #58
AllprojectsNigeria

Recently I attended a Real estate confernece in new york, where I had the oppurtunity to see upcoming project that are soon to be proposed to countries. One project caught my eye " Royalty City". This project is suppose to be a state of art world class development comprising of Residential, commercial, leisure, and entertainment sectors. It was described as Nigeria's answer to dubai. Clearly in the next few years if this project undergoes in Nigeria it will raise the country into a global competitor. The masterplan design for the project was incredible, beyond amazing. I can only hope the country approves the project because it would be a huge step in the right direction for nigeria. The project is suppose to be proposed to Port harcourt, calabar state or abuja. Which ever state it takes place it would be a great uplift and a huge investment. I personally would be looking to buy in shares into the company as they are to be issuing IPO'S in several countries.

Great job Nigeria. As an emerging economy a lot of investors and private companies are seeing the great oppurtunity the country possess. Step by step Nigeria would become a huge global competitor.
AllprojectsNigeria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #59
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 789

Interesting.
Any renders??
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:55 AM   #60
AllprojectsNigeria

The companies invovled in this project will be merging together as one entity. The renders have not be released to the public. I managed to take a picture of the masterplan design for the entire area. The entire project is a 600 acre development. the entire development is encased in a massive artificial lake ( suppose to be shaped as an eagle ). A main attraction building called the "super eagle" is going to be one of the world tallest man made structures.

It is really an amazing project and would like to hear more about it as it gets proposed and approved.

The presentation really wowed the potential investors that were invited to the conference.
AllprojectsNigeria no está en línea   Reply With Quote