daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #21
Grohny

Likes (Received): 0

Wow, never heard of it, amazing!

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #22
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5837

Love that master plan, hate that "beer".
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #23
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

I have from time to time heard some rather loose rumors of the guys involved with "Kunsthal København" trying to get some of the aspiring younger architects for the upper A-list to participate in the competition. I didn't want to post names as long as I didn't have a credible source - now I have (at least for one of the names).

Well, they are trying to get Kazuyo Sejima/SANAA involved at Carlsberg. Now, that is amazing!

In Danish (sorry):

http://www.kopenhagen.dk/interviews/...ndhardt_weiss/

Their New Museum of Contemporary Art in NYC is one of my personal faves. Extremely complex architecture-wise (just take a look on their drawings at the current Louisiana exhibition on newly constructed museums).

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #24
Energy2003
überall zuhause

it´s not 100% clear for me. do they keep the factory itself at that place, or do they use the place inside town just for the devolpement and settle the production to another place ?

btw: very interesting projects. looks like the biggest thing ever happend in CPH ?!

1000 y.o. hometown? yes! Feldkirch

Österreich - nur ein kleines Land ... dafür eines der Besten
Energy2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM   #25
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

The brewery already moved to Fredericia earlier this year (or was it last year?)
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM   #26
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy2003 View Post
it´s not 100% clear for me. do they keep the factory itself at that place, or do they use the place inside town just for the devolpement and settle the production to another place ?

btw: very interesting projects. looks like the biggest thing ever happend in CPH ?!
Ad 1: Their mircro brewery - "Husbryggeriet Jacobsen" - stays on the site along the corporate and Danish HQs (and some developement departments). The large production facilities have/are moved/moving to the brewery at Fredericia.

Ad 2: Depends on how you define "biggest" - the Copenhagen developments areas of Ørestad, Nordhavnen and Kløvermarken/Kløverparken are all much, much larger area-wise.
Old July 20th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #27
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ØlandDK View Post
The brewery already moved to Fredericia earlier this year (or was it last year?)
It is still in the process; some parts have moved already, others wont move until the end of the year.
Old July 21st, 2008, 12:55 AM   #28
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Ambitious, it is not easy to "modernize" and redevelope an area when you have so many old buildings and styles that you want to preserve.

I like the before-after pics. Somewhat dark development in general maybe. There is no clear traffic corridor or something like that either, but maybe its better to spread out traffic as far as sound levels and so forth are concerned. It blends in pretty well with Copenhagen, but maybe they should have taken the opportunity and modernized it a bit more, altough on the other hand, it can be tough to predict future needs.

The area will definitely be well used though and given the dialogue theyve had, I think that the most positive thing about the project is that it will preserve the area's esthetic style.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:18 AM   #29
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14097

I thought thi thread was about the beer, but masterplan is great

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 05:23 PM   #30
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

I used to go to school in Vesterbro, right new Enghave Plads on Ny Carlsberg Vej. I can't believe how much the area is going to change, and I really wish I still lived in CPH. Will Istegade loose its seedy feel at all?

I loved the area, it [and the rest of CPH] means a lot to me. I'm glad to see it being spruced-up, but I just hope it doesn't loose its charm.

I need to find myself a Danish husband, I want to move back there now! : /
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:00 AM   #31
Fab 5

Quote:
I used to go to school in Vesterbro, right new Enghave Plads on Ny Carlsberg Vej. I can't believe how much the area is going to change, and I really wish I still lived in CPH. Will Istegade loose its seedy feel at all
Just don't know. Vesterbro has changed a lot during the last decade's big, public restoration programs. In some regards it was good and needed, on the other hand some of its rawness and charm were also lost. Nowadays some accuse the area of having become a bit too nice and shiny. Some parts of Istedgade are still pretty seedy though - I like that actually. Not everything has to be so darn nice and polished.

Quote:
I need to find myself a Danish husband, I want to move back there now! : /
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #32
Wallaroo

Likes (Received): 1

I really dislike the look of the highrises which I find to be incredibly ugly with their colours and windows - looks like something you would find on the Rotterdam harbour in the 70s. They should rather be designed in a minimalistic scandinavian style I think.

Secondly, they dont look interesting or impressive when they only are 100 meters tall. They should either build them at least 250 meters tall or more, or not build them at all. It does nothing positive for the urban look to build petty skyscrapers like that.

Last edited by Wallaroo; August 10th, 2008 at 05:47 PM.
Wallaroo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #33
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaroo View Post
I really dislike the look of the highrises which I find to be incredibly ugly with their colours and windows - looks like something you would find on the Rotterdam harbour in the 70s. They should rather be designed in a minimalistic scandinavian style I think.

Secondly, they dont look interesting or impressive when they only are 100 meters tall. They should either build them at least 250 meters tall or more, or not build them at all. It does nothing positive for the urban look to build petty skyscrapers like that.
This is a MASTERPLAN - not final design

Found this rendering of the skyline (volume only of course)

moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #34
PedroGabriel
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

I dont think you need really tall buildings, that's an Asian thing, as if wanting to impress with the biggest. This area should help copenhagen to diversify itself, the city is monotonous looking, but those buildings are not that diverse, these keep the same feeling... probably they want to merge with the existing city. Built something really different, something that looks happy... i think.

I like the project as it is though, but nothing special.
PedroGabriel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #35
onetwothree

Likes (Received): 18

This is my favourite project in Copenhagen, really hope it turns out well. And I honestly don't care if the highrises are only 100 m tall, this project would be great even with no highrises at all imo.. I consider them a delightful bonus
onetwothree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #36
Arrrgh
Gouda's Glorie

Likes (Received): 1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroGabriel View Post
I dont think you need really tall buildings, that's an Asian thing, as if wanting to impress with the biggest.
You know what they say about Asians... Maybe they need to compensate

This is probably why the strong, muscular and well-shaped Scandinavians don't need skyscrapers.

Nah, I think the buildings could have been taller but a nice project anyway
Arrrgh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #37
Donkeykong

Likes (Received): 0

very interesting plan!
Donkeykong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #38
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrrgh View Post
You know what they say about Asians... Maybe they need to compensate

This is probably why the strong, muscular and well-shaped Scandinavians don't need skyscrapers.

Nah, I think the buildings could have been taller but a nice project anyway
Hehe But we still want some supertalls, however the Carlsberg project here is perfectly fine with some "smaller" (actually large on a Scandinavian scale) towers. The most important part is to create a living district.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:39 PM   #39
japanese001

Likes (Received): 707

There may be much green.
japanese001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
advertisement, cph, redevelopment